711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 433.
#14601 5 years ago

I've had some good scores without doing well in CIU modes. Not really sure how but I find the Seek and Destroy and Blackened can really get you a lot of points. Regular multiballs not so much other than coffin multiball. If you can get coffin multiball going and bring in another multiball then that can pay off pretty well.

However, nothing will get you points like cashing out a great CIU bonus with 2x. For Whom the Bell Tolls is the best mode for points. Finish that mode and you get a nice bonus on top of all the points you get in the mode. Cash out with 2x and you will have well over 200m just from that. Frustrating thing is that you can have a great game, get to a CIU mode, and then drain right away. Man that sucks.

I can hit the fuel shot fairly regularly. It's a shot right off the edge of the right flipper. The mystery scoop is a hard shot for me. It seems like the ball falls into there accidentally multiple times in a game but I have trouble getting that shot when I need it.

#14602 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

All of the main shots (Left and right orbit, both ramps and crosses) have 3 inserts below their red arrow insert, one for the electrocution switch, one for the snake and one for the cross. Shooting a main shot will light the red arrow insert, then shooting sparky, the snake or the cross will light the corresponding insert below the red arrow. Once all 3 are lit below one of shots it will start flashing, shooting that shot will then start the hurry up and finally shooting the coffin captive ball will award the hurry up and 'lock in' that shot. Subsequent shots to that spot will award 1 snake, 1 sparky and one cross to your CIU count.
Easier to explain with an example... shoot the right ramp, your red arrow will now be lit in front if it, now shoot the snake, the yellow insert below the red arrow will be lit, now shoot sparky, the electrocution switch insert will now be lit below the red arrow, now shoot the crosses, your final cross insert below the red arrow will be lit. Now shoot the right ramp again to start the hurry up, now shoot the coffin captive ball and your right ramp shot is 'locked in'.
Things to keep in mind - The red arrow will move around each time you make one of the main shots. Shooting the cross will always move the arrow there until you have locked in that shot so I usually try to look in the crosses shot first. If you manage to get all of the main shots fully locked in you start another mode (Blackened?), so there is an argument to be made to not do that because when the mode ends all of your shots are reset.

That's a great explanation, and much more comprehensive than mine. One thing about the snake that I don't think was mentioned. When you shoot the snake, it will light the snake insert in the active row, as well a the snake inserts in the adjacent rows.

#14603 5 years ago

I think I was forgetting the part about the red arrow. I was hitting sparky to try and light that insert somewhere but nothing was happening. I will pay attention to the arrow.

#14604 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Collected a $50m jackpot.

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Had a $300M grand champion score.

Damn, first dibs if you ever sell your pin. Mine only awards points.

#14605 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think I was forgetting the part about the red arrow. I was hitting sparky to try and light that insert somewhere but nothing was happening. I will pay attention to the arrow.

Yep. You gotta keep track of the arrow. Whenever you shoot a row, the arrow will change to that row. That's why it's often best to shoot the cross shot last if the graveyard row isn't already locked in. It's basically a puzzle that you have to solve in a particular order. Very clever programming by Lyman.

#14606 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Also worth noting there is no way getting around having to bash the coffin captive ball, I do find it a rather 'safe' shot mind you. And as j_m_ said for points you really do need to be able to shoot that piston target on demand for max points.

#14607 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Damn, first dibs if you ever sell your pin. Mine only awards points.

hahaha didn't even realize I did that!

#14608 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Also worth noting there is no way getting around having to bash the coffin captive ball, I do find it a rather 'safe' shot mind you. And as j_m_ said for points you really do need to be able to shoot that piston target on demand for max points.

You do get 2 for 1 if you hit the coffin after an inlane rollover.

Also not mentioned for lighting all three inserts is doing it via skillshot. When you hold the left flipper and light all shots for the skill shot bonus, one of them will have the inserts strobing. If you hit that skill shot not only do you get the bonus, the inserts continue to strobe and then you collect as already described.

And while on the subject, there is also another special skillshot. Hitting the piston target as the skillshot immediately lights the 2x piston insert.

#14609 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks man. Fuel shot is the only one I can never, ever, make. And there ya go, think I just answered my own question/cry.

Yeah man, you need to get that 2× scoring.

#14610 5 years ago

At the piston shot... you have the triangle insert and the 3 yellow circle inserts. What are those? How do you light them and what do they represent?

#14611 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

At the piston shot... you have the triangle insert and the 3 yellow circle inserts. What are those? How do you light them and what do they represent?

You light them from the pop bumpers. They do nothing.

#14612 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You light them from the pop bumpers. They do nothing.

I thought they represented blown pistons? Then you shoot the fuel shot to collect them with 10 awarding an extra ball?

#14613 5 years ago

hitting each piston a total of 10x lits the corresponding insert in front of the fuel dead-end entrance. a solid light indicates that you've successfully hit that pop bumper at least 10x. a flashing insert indicates that you've hit the corresponding pop bumper 20 or more times (which should award you at least 2 blown pistons

many of us believe that this is a bug in the code and the maximum blown pistons that you can collect (by hitting the end of the dead-end) at a time is 1 (no matter how many of the piston inserts are lit solid or flashing. I sent lyman a long, detailed txt message and mentioned it to him @ expo, but he was pretty involved with the tournament. hopefully, we'll get an answer soon

#14614 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I thought they represented blown pistons? Then you shoot the fuel shot to collect them with 10 awarding an extra ball?

That’s what SHOULD happen. But the code never allows more than one blown piston at a time.

So if you’re vying for the blown piston EB, just hit the fuel lane target 10 times.

#14615 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

All of the main shots (Left and right orbit, both ramps and crosses) have 3 inserts below their red arrow insert, one for the electrocution switch, one for the snake and one for the cross. Shooting a main shot will light the red arrow insert, then shooting sparky, the snake or the cross will light the corresponding insert below the red arrow. Once all 3 are lit below one of shots it will start flashing, shooting that shot will then start the hurry up and finally shooting the coffin captive ball will award the hurry up and 'lock in' that shot. Subsequent shots to that spot will award 1 snake, 1 sparky and one cross to your CIU count.
Easier to explain with an example... shoot the right ramp, your red arrow will now be lit in front if it, now shoot the snake, the yellow insert below the red arrow will be lit, now shoot sparky, the electrocution switch insert will now be lit below the red arrow, now shoot the crosses, your final cross insert below the red arrow will be lit. Now shoot the right ramp again to start the hurry up, now shoot the coffin captive ball and your right ramp shot is 'locked in'.
Things to keep in mind - The red arrow will move around each time you make one of the main shots. Shooting the cross will always move the arrow there until you have locked in that shot so I usually try to look in the crosses shot first. If you manage to get all of the main shots fully locked in you start another mode (Blackened?), so there is an argument to be made to not do that because when the mode ends all of your shots are reset.

I played a game or last night. Maybe I'm not seeing it right. Say I would shoot the right ramp. I would then see a red arrow light up at left ramp and grave markers. I should then try to hit one of those shots? The red arrow only stayed lit for a few seconds. Do I have to hit the shot while the arrow is lit?

#14616 5 years ago

I'm in........finally!!

Metallica Flyer (resized).JPGMetallica Flyer (resized).JPGmetallica crate (resized).JPGmetallica crate (resized).JPG
#14617 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I played a game or last night. Maybe I'm not seeing it right. Say I would shoot the right ramp. I would then see a red arrow light up at left ramp and grave markers. I should then try to hit one of those shots? The red arrow only stayed lit for a few seconds. Do I have to hit the shot while the arrow is lit?

Those other red lights you saw are for combos. The solid red arrow would be on the right ramp in this situation and would stay there until you hit another major shot.

#14618 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s what SHOULD happen. But the code never allows more than one blown piston at a time.
So if you’re vying for the blown piston EB, just hit the fuel lane target 10 times.

Ohhhh, I see. I was wondering why I never get an extra ball via the blown pistons, yet I keep hitting that shot.

#14619 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Ohhhh, I see. I was wondering why I never get an extra ball via the blown pistons, yet I keep hitting that shot.

You will. Just need to hit the piston target 10 times.

#14620 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I'm in........finally!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just in time. Congrats.

#14621 5 years ago

If anyone has gameplay questions I would be happy to answer them tonight on my stream.

We’re going for End of the Line at 8 pm eastern on twitch.

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#14622 5 years ago

MET is the only game I don't have any Art/Mirror blades on. Might have to look into that. Post some pics of what you have!

#14623 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just in time. Congrats.

Agreed, thanks Paul! The mods for this game are some of the coolest. Can't wait to get started! Does anybody know if the 3D Snake Mod from Pingraffix is going to be produced again in the future?

#14624 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If anyone has gameplay questions I would be happy to answer them tonight on my stream.
We’re going for End of the Line at 8 pm eastern on twitch.
www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

I know this game well, but I will be watching because you do a fantastic job with your streams.

#14625 5 years ago

Is it worth getting a shaker motor for this game? I already bought color dmd and that is fantastic.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14626 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Is it worth getting a shaker motor for this game? I already bought color dmd and that is fantastic.

I went with an external sub over a shaker, but both are totally optional IMHO. Color DMD is my favorite mod, but I haven't splurged on it yet.

#14627 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Yes

#14628 5 years ago

Just joined the MET club this weekend.. So pumped. I have many questions coming but for now I am gonna flip.

20181026_145533 (resized).jpg20181026_145533 (resized).jpg
#14629 5 years ago

^^^ Nice looking game! Excuse my newness to this game, but what are those long LED strips that go up the left and right of the playfield? Are these stock on the LE and Premiums?

#14630 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Is it worth getting a shaker motor for this game?

Totally worth it. I had just an external sub for a long time and when I recently installed a shaker it added a whole new dimension. I especially love the quick shake every time you hit the captive ball.

Quoted from shock_me:

what are those long LED strips that go up the left and right of the playfield?

Those are the Creeping Death UV lighting rails from Pinball Refinery.

#14631 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Just joined the MET club this weekend.. So pumped. I have many questions coming but for now I am gonna flip.[quoted image]

And where did you get the upper playfield green plastic protectors (grave, Sparky and the Fuel lane)? That's a beautiful machine.

#14632 5 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

And where did you get the upper playfield green plastic protectors (grave, Sparky and the Fuel lane)? That's a beautiful machine.

I went full spoiled mode with this one.. everything was done by Steve at Pinball Refinery... but I do know the protectors are available at Pinbits.com but they currently sold out. Maybe contact them or even Steve directly at Pinball Refinery.. he has an online shop.

Quoted from shock_me:

^^^ Nice looking game! Excuse my newness to this game, but what are those long LED strips that go up the left and right of the playfield? Are these stock on the LE and Premiums?

These are Steve's at Pinball Refinery UV strips.. they work well with PinGrapphix Pinblades artwork, plus any florescent plastics. They look great in action. I would imagine he could get you a set.

#14633 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Just joined the MET club this weekend.. So pumped. I have many questions coming but for now I am gonna flip.[quoted image]

That game is sweet looking, got some nice mods on it.

#14634 5 years ago

Picked up a nice LE today, so I guess I'm in the club!

A couple of minor things I've noticed. The snake inconsistently ejects the ball and seems like a lot of straight down the middle. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Also the very first grave marker Target doesn't seem to respond to a lot of hits. Almost have to hit it perfectly. Is that just a simple leaf switch adjustment?

Thanks

#14635 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

A couple of minor things I've noticed. The snake inconsistently ejects the ball and seems like a lot of straight down the middle. Any suggestions on how to fix that?
Also the very first grave marker Target doesn't seem to respond to a lot of hits. Almost have to hit it perfectly. Is that just a simple leaf switch adjustment?
Thanks

The first drop is often a ledge issue. Might need spacing, or adjustment. I had to replace mine when I had my pro as it slowly wore down over time and was having similar issues.

#14636 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks

If it's not going down when hit then I always adjust the spring first. I make it just a slight bit stronger and that normally resolves the issue.

For the snake eject. I could be wrong but I believe their is a setting for the power. I know their is one for the scoop. Check for that as increasing or decreasing the eject power will effect it's trajectory.

#14637 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If it's not going down when hit then I always adjust the spring first. I make it just a slight bit stronger and that normally resolves the issue.
For the snake eject. I could be wrong but I believe their is a setting for the power. I know their is one for the scoop. Check for that as increasing or decreasing the eject power will effect it's trajectory.

I'll check that out, thanks!

Also, the post behind Sparky (orbit loop) seems to be stuck and balls are getting caught there.

Is this a known issue of the game or is it likely just the mech is not working properly? What is the function of the post? When is it supposed to go up or down?

#14638 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also, the post behind Sparky (orbit loop) seems to be stuck and balls are getting caught there.

Is this a known issue of the game or is it likely just the mech is not working properly? What is the function of the post? When is it supposed to go up or down?

The post is supposed to come up on orbit shots in order to divert balls into the pops. The only time the post doesn't come up is on a combo. If this is what yours is doing, then it is behaving properly.

#14639 5 years ago

My Pro came with 4 balls, and the trough has 4 switches. Why does the receiver bar ask for 6 balls? Is it counting the two captive balls, or the wrong label applied perhaps?

#14640 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

My Pro came with 4 balls, and the trough has 4 switches. Why does the receiver bar ask for 6 balls? Is it counting the two captive balls, or the wrong label applied perhaps?

Wrong label

#14642 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The post is supposed to come up on orbit shots in order to divert balls into the pops. The only time the post doesn't come up is on a combo. If this is what yours is doing, then it is behaving properly.

Hmmmm. Played a few games on it tonight, and when I make the left orbit shot, it gets stuck behind the post.

When the ball search goes off, and the post fires down and up, the ball moves a bit, but stays there touching the left side of the post.

Any thoughts?

#14643 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hmmmm. Played a few games on it tonight, and when I make the left orbit shot, it gets stuck behind the post.
When the ball search goes off, and the post fires down and up, the ball moves a bit, but stays there touching the left side of the post.
Any thoughts?

Post not level with the playfield when in the down position. It could be too low causing like a divot.

#14644 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks

Re snake eject. I wouldn't bother with the coil strength but rather see what the Actual problem is. Look closely at how the ball ejects for clues. I had a problem and screwed around with settings and stuff and then found the ball was hitting the mini post near the snake entrance. I had the reposition the snake mech a little or you can or a piece of foam in the mouth to help guide the ball to the correct trajectory

#14645 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:A couple of minor things I've noticed. The snake inconsistently ejects the ball and seems like a lot of straight down the middle. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

you might want to take a look at these two posts that I made a while back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3521263

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3527474

#14646 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Any thoughts?

Is your post staying up? The way you've written your two post about it makes it sounds like it is in the up position all the time and only goes down when the coil fires. If that is the case, that is the opposite behavior it should be doing.

If that is not the case and it is down in the resting position (correct) then you should look to see if it is level with the game while down. It's not uncommon for them to come slightly above or below the PF. Both can cause ball sticking issues.

#14647 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Any thoughts?

that post (whether it be the oem nylon one or a steel one to help correct "bounce outs") has an adjustment screw on it.

it sounds like your post is sitting just a bit too low when it is in the down position and a slow moving ball can get stuck in that recessed area. simply adjust the screw at the bottom of the armature bracket so that the top of the post is sitting flush with the top of the playfield and that should eliminate your issue

#14648 5 years ago

Appreciate all the replies. Hopefully get some time to open the game up the weekend and get it all fixed up.

Got to play for about an hour last night, and first impressions... This game is fucking awesome!!!

#14649 5 years ago

I put in the upgraded steel post. Shooting the right loop is great now... no crazy bounce backs down the loop.

On the left loop, I still get bounce backs a good amount of time when I shoot medium - hard around the loop. Is that normal? Or should all balls be dead stopped and fall into the pops?

#14650 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I put in the upgraded steel post. Shooting the right loop is great now... no crazy bounce backs down the loop.
On the left loop, I still get bounce backs a good amount of time when I shoot medium - hard around the loop. Is that normal? Or should all balls be dead stopped and fall into the pops?

This is how mine works with the new post. Many others work better though. I’ve tried a few different things and nothing works.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 21,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/293?hl=woody6092 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.