C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 434.
#14451 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Seems like a lot of the GI (general illumination) is out on your game, or it's just when the picture was taken?

As noted in the OP from me, my room is dimm and it was a single shot of the machine (All the GI were not activated) and the picture presents my lights are not working. Rest assured all the lights seem to be working, minus a light at top-right near Pop bumpers.

I am new to using Stern's internal service test menu. I'll read up on it, but is there a system check to test if all lights light up and report which one's appear to be "not working".

#14452 5 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

As noted in the OP from me, my room is dimm and it was a single shot of the machine (All the GI were not activated) and the picture presents my lights are not working. Rest assured all the lights seem to be working, minus a light at top-right near Pop bumpers.
I am new to using Stern's internal service test menu. I'll read up on it, but is there a system check to test if all lights light up and report which one's appear to be "not working".

not that I'm aware of. There's nothing like pinball2000 diagnostics except stern have leds on their fuses to show if one is out

#14453 5 years ago

** Editing DMD Image for Song Selection with Pinball Browser **

Okay, so I have a few song substitutions on my game via Pinball Browser.

Will it be a bear to change the corresponding image seen in the DMD?

For example, I took out "One." (Forgive me.) Naturally, seeing "One" is less helpful, as the song track has changed.

I would like the song I added in its place to appear on the display. Will it be necessary to create the boombox-style banner in Photoshop or something? That sounds like *way* too much work. Is there a chance the song title banners seen on the DMD can be edited in the Service Menus? That would be on-so-much easier.

If I *do* have to create the substitute banner myself, has any one of you out there created this banner already and, if you have, would you share it with me?

Thanks for reading my long'ish post.

#14454 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Editing DMD Image for Song Selection with Pinball Browser **
Okay, so I have a few song substitutions on my game via Pinball Browser.
Will it be a bear to change the corresponding image seen in the DMD?
For example, I took out "One." (Forgive me.) Naturally, seeing "One" is less helpful, as the song track has changed.
I would like the song I added in its place to appear on the display. Will it be necessary to create the boombox-style banner in Photoshop or something? That sounds like *way* too much work. Is there a chance the song title banners seen on the DMD can be edited in the Service Menus? That would be on-so-much easier.
If I *do* have to create the substitute banner myself, has any one of you out there created this banner already and, if you have, would you share it with me?
Thanks for reading my long'ish post.

The song names displayed are just text strings that can be changed with Pinball Browser. Very simple to do.

#14455 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

The song names displayed are just text strings that can be changed with Pinball Browser. Very simple to do.

I'm in Pinball Browser now.

Not seeing "text strings."

Do I find them in "Display"? In "Messages"?

The best I was able to do was find the boombox banner in Display but its "screen" is blank.

Thanks for your reply, but a little more direction would be much appreciated.

J

#14456 5 years ago

I believe I have it.

Under Messages, I found this block of requests, each corresponding to a track in the tracklist:

0x67E "Battery"

through

0x69F "Death Magnetic

Just open a request and the embedded editor allows you enter new text.

Boo-yah!

J

#14457 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm in Pinball Browser now.
Not seeing "text strings."
Do I find them in "Display"? In "Messages"?
The best I was able to do was find the boombox banner in Display but its "screen" is blank.
Thanks for your reply, but a little more direction would be much appreciated.
J

Sorry, I don’t have it in front of me... but I think there is a Messages tab where you can search for and modify strings.

#14458 5 years ago

Looks like I'm back in the club. My premium will be here tomorrow morning.

#14459 5 years ago

Just a heads up to anyone considering the power blades mod.
Joe at pingraffix has been great at trying to fix this issue however.......
I am on my 3rd modulator box. The first one smoked. The next 2 interfered with the sparky opto registering hits that never happened.
I ordered my powerblades in May and still do lot have working ones. I would be very hesitant to install this mod as it clearly has issue and possible compatibility problems.
It IS beautiful and looks GREAT when running but I've had nothing but problems.

#14460 5 years ago

Bought a NIb premium. The gi flickers whenever a coil fires. Any ideas?

#14461 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just a heads up to anyone considering the power blades mod.
Joe at pingraffix has been great at trying to fix this issue however.......
I am on my 3rd modulator box. The first one smoked. The next 2 interfered with the sparky opto registering hits that never happened.
I ordered my powerblades in May and still do lot have working ones. I would be very hesitant to install this mod as it clearly has issue and possible compatibility problems.
It IS beautiful and looks GREAT when running but I've had nothing but problems.

Hmmm. Was strongly considering this against regular old mirror blades. I think I just made my decision.

#14462 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I would suspect the power connector on the GI board (under playfield, middle). There's many threads on pinside about this one connector failing.

Rob

#14463 5 years ago

Hey KnockerPTSD .. interested in this:

How did you determine the mysterious Sparky hits? I’m having the same issue with the same powerblades and Sparky hitting. They have been nothing but issues for me

#14464 5 years ago

Sorry a few of you are having some issues.

What it really comes down to is this..every game is unique. All games at the Stern Factory and hand built.
Just like every car made, every dishwasher machine and every refridgerator . No two are exactly the same. Tolerances..different parts ... different wiring.. who installed it.. yada yada yada...so many factors involved.

We have had many METS in and out of the studio and we have not seen this in person ever nor have we been able to recreate it. With that being said... PinGraffix has sold over hundreds of sets of MET and somewhere near 1000 sets of our other Power Blades Products. Including AFM, SW, LOTR, AC/DC DIALED IN, IRON MADIEN and more .

If you have having please contact me directly at [email protected]

I will do everything within my power to resolve the issue one way or another.

Best
-Joe

#14466 5 years ago

Anybody have an extra clear sparky protector or know where I can get one? The original one I got from Rickwh broke on the left side and could use a replacement. Thanks.

#14467 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody have an extra clear sparky protector or know where I can get one? The original one I got from Rickwh broke on the left side and could use a replacement. Thanks.

Try this...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-6921-51

#14468 5 years ago

That looks like the original factory protector. I believe he’s looking for the extended protector that works better than the original.

#14469 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

That looks like the original factory protector. I believe he’s looking for the extended protector that works better than the original.

Gotcha.

#14470 5 years ago

That’s correct I want the extended plastic. Mezel Mods doesn’t have them in stock and Pinbits website is down. Any extras?

#14471 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That’s correct I want the extended plastic. Mezel Mods doesn’t have them in stock and Pinbits website is down. Any extras?

Pinbits should be back up soon. I just ordered and received one from them earlier this week.

#14472 5 years ago

Can you get just the single sparky protector or I thought you have to order the set which comes with some sling plastics too?

#14473 5 years ago

You can buy the single protector. $7. They didn't have the pic up (when the site was up) but it was the correct extended protector and I received what I was expecting.

#14474 5 years ago

Hi,

I don't know if this has been answered or not but it is a long thread.

Is there an end to "End of the line" or does it just keep going?

Thanks

#14475 5 years ago

KnockerPTSD and @joeraptor2003:
Update: My Sparky registering hits was NOT related to the PowerBlades; it turns out a Sparky Helmet mod (Mezel Mods) went bad which would cause Sparky to register even though the ball(s) were nowhere near him. It ties into the spot lights ... This issue took forever to track down.

#14476 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

graysonsdad and joeraptor2003:
Update: My Sparky registering hits was NOT related to the PowerBlades; it turns out a Sparky Helmet mod (Mezel Mods) went bad which would cause Sparky to register even though the ball(s) were nowhere near him. It ties into the spot lights ... This issue took forever to track down.

dig out one mod company and throw a different one in the mud!

#14477 5 years ago

This is why I don't put many mods on my games and very few that require power. Saw a ghostbusters so modded out that you couldn't play a game without a ball being hung up somewhere or a toy falls onto the playfield.

Going to silly extremes like this is a bit like dressing your dog up in silly clothes. Can't see this purpose

#14478 5 years ago

I probably dislike 90% of the mods out there, but there are several for Metallica that I really enjoy. I have the cemetery gate, snake decals, fangs, and spider spotlight covers installed on mine. With the Premium, I think the cemetery gate helps to balance out the hammer. I also wish they made more of the spotlight covers. I often add spotlights to games and I feel the covers help them to blend in with the artwork more. My main goal with mods, is to make it so someone unfamiliar with a game has no idea what is a mod versus a part of the factory package.

#14479 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Make sure that the bulbs are tight. I had the same problem with my Aerosmith and I just tightened the bulbs and they're fine now.

#14480 5 years ago

Speaking of the Pinbits plastics protectors...

I was trying to install my neon green protectors today and I ran into a snag (somewhat literally) on the graveyard protector. My original plastic was pretttttty snug in place and adding the extra plastic, I can't get the screws back on top! Most notably, the post that holds the flasher over the left ramp. Is there some sort of trick to getting this one on there? Am I doing something wrong? Is it possibly my posts are not installed correctly since I had such a problem with the original plastic even coming off? Also the screws in the back of the cross are SNUG up on the plastic, making getting the plastics on/off very difficult.

#14481 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

dig out one mod company and throw a different one in the mud!

I disagree ... had many issues with the PowerBlades (never made public, nor do they need to be as Joe made it all good) and the poster indicated a very similar issue. I traced down the issue and it wasn’t the PowerBlades, so I figured since I inquired about the issue with the poster, I would clear it up. But yes, it was another mod put on prior to the Blades that was causing an issue. Removed mod, issue went away. I posted it so if others had spent hours trying to find the issue they could find it. I do very few mods, but with Met, I feel like it left a lot to be desired so I added a few.

#14482 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I probably dislike 90% of the mods out there, but there are several for Metallica that I really enjoy. I have the cemetery gate, snake decals, fangs, and spider spotlight covers installed on mine. With the Premium, I think the cemetery gate helps to balance out the hammer. I also wish they made more of the spotlight covers. I often add spotlights to games and I feel the covers help them to blend in with the artwork more. My main goal with mods, is to make it so someone unfamiliar with a game has no idea what is a mod versus a part of the factory package.

Agree. If they don't look out of place or Disproportionate then I consider them. It's mainly the Electrical ones that sort me the most and very much so the ones that come with the silly alligator clips. Come on if you're charging $100 then at least make a connector.

People just need to check where they are putting things to ensure no ball hang ups etc. I've been caught out even putting promo plastics in places causing problems

#14483 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

graysonsdad and joeraptor2003:

And there you go...
YES! thanks for mentioning this. This goes back to every machine is unique / Some Mods do conflict with each other. It's really case specific. Thank you for posting this up. It will be very helpful moving forward.

+10 points for you..

#14484 5 years ago

One mod I really need to do already is change some of the songs!!

#14485 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I disagree ... had many issues with the PowerBlades (never made public, nor do they need to be as Joe made it all good) and the poster indicated a very similar issue. I traced down the issue and it wasn’t the PowerBlades, so I figured since I inquired about the issue with the poster, I would clear it up. But yes, it was another mod put on prior to the Blades that was causing an issue. Removed mod, issue went away. I posted it so if others had spent hours trying to find the issue they could find it. I do very few mods, but with Met, I feel like it left a lot to be desired so I added a few.

Just to clarify my issue from some of these others. My pro lens are strictly when the power blades are on. If I turn them off mid game, everything play fine again. Any other mods I have installed have been in for 6months already with no issues. I agree with Joe that this may just come down to my particular model having some slightly different wiring and I do like the look off the powerblades. I just want people to be aware that these issues are possible. Joe has tried to fix this but it just doesn't seem like it will happen for my particular machine. Idk. I just dont want anyone thinking I'm slamming pingraffix. They have treated me well but I believe there may be some occasional compatibility issues. Maybe the boxes have come from different suppliers? Quality control? The blades still make for nice art if not constant reminders that they should light up.

#14486 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

And there you go...
YES! thanks for mentioning this. This goes back to every machine is unique / Some Mods do conflict with each other. It's really case specific. Thank you for posting this up. It will be very helpful moving forward.
+10 points for you..

Mine however is clearly related to the powerblades though. If I turn them off mid game, everything is fine again. It's not the optics picking up the light either. As mentioned in other posts. I'm not angry and I wish they would work but they just dont

#14487 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

And there you go...
+10 points for you..

You handled this very well! Someone states a problem they have with your mod (or think it's your mod at least) that you've never seen before, and you don't vilify them! You just state facts, and that you're not sure what is causing it and that you've never seen it before, all the while backing your product and letting the customer know that you will take care of them regardless.

#14489 5 years ago

I'm looking for a Metallica topper. I like the looks of this one from Laseriffic the best so far. Anyone have it? Like? Dislike? Any interaction with the game?

METALLICA-PINBALL-TOPPER-2 (resized).jpgMETALLICA-PINBALL-TOPPER-2 (resized).jpg
#14490 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You handled this very well! Someone states a problem they have with your mod (or think it's your mod at least) that you've never seen before, and you don't vilify them! You just state facts, and that you're not sure what is causing it and that you've never seen it before, all the while backing your product and letting the customer know that you will take care of them regardless.

And this is how Joe handles his business... one of the good guys in the hobby.

#14491 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Except I was the one with the original issue. Mine IS powerblade related. Joe is great. I 100% agree. He has tried to amend this for me but there are some obvious occasional compatibility issues.

#14492 5 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

Hi,
I don't know if this has been answered or not but it is a long thread.
Is there an end to "End of the line" or does it just keep going?
Thanks

Yes, it ends and can actually end pretty quick if you complete all the shots quickly and shoot the scoop.

#14493 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I'm looking for a Metallica topper. I like the looks of this one from Laseriffic the best so far. Anyone have it? Like? Dislike? Any interaction with the game?

I have it and love the look of it. No real 'interaction' through the game, just light changing LED's based on your specifications with the included remote. I can make a video tonight and send it to you if you want to see it in action. I actually have a topper for most of my games; helps complete the room as I don't have a lot of room for art above the pins.

I can also make a video of the PowerBlades in action if anyone wants to see the amazing stuff they can do to the game as well.

#14494 5 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I was trying to install my neon green protectors today and I ran into a snag (somewhat literally) on the graveyard protector. My original plastic was pretttttty snug in place and adding the extra plastic, I can't get the screws back on top! Most notably, the post that holds the flasher over the left ramp. Is there some sort of trick to getting this one on there? Am I doing something wrong? Is it possibly my posts are not installed correctly since I had such a problem with the original plastic even coming off? Also the screws in the back of the cross are SNUG up on the plastic, making getting the plastics on/off very difficult.

None of that needs to be that tight. I can't think of any tricks if there is not enough thread to secure both plastics. I don't think you really need plastic protectors anywhere except the slings. I would just leave it off.

#14495 5 years ago

Any recommendations for replacing the cabinet speaker besides FF or Pinball pro? I think its a 8" 4 ohm but do I need a subwoofer, Dual voice? Thanks in advance for any help. I was looking at these...

https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Storm-Subwoofer-SS8-Single/dp/B00CMC6O68/ref=pd_sbs_107_3

https://www.amazon.com/Goldwood-Sound-GW-208-Replacement-Speaker/dp/B0002ZPSD2/ref=pd_sbs_107_37

#14496 5 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I had to grind a little of the spotlight post to make the threads grab..it was tight

#14497 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Any recommendations for replacing the cabinet speaker besides FF or Pinball pro? I think its a 8" 4 ohm but do I need a subwoofer, Dual voice? Thanks in advance for any help. I was looking at these...
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

Just put a powered sub under the game with the Pinovator break out board. I have that set-up on a few games and love it.

#14498 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just put a powered sub under the game with the Pinovator break out board. I have that set-up on a few games and love it.

yes, I have that and its great but I need a new cab speaker and thought I would get something a little nicer that the stock version

#14499 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I have it and love the look of it. No real 'interaction' through the game, just light changing LED's based on your specifications with the included remote. I can make a video tonight and send it to you if you want to see it in action. I actually have a topper for most of my games; helps complete the room as I don't have a lot of room for art above the pins.
I can also make a video of the PowerBlades in action if anyone wants to see the amazing stuff they can do to the game as well.

If you have a video, that would be awesome! I'd appreciate it! I have toppers on my TWD and GB so I need one on MET. hahaha

#14500 5 years ago

jeffsarcade
Here is a link to the topper ... might have caught the PowerBlades in there too. I have the topper on a slow, color changing cycle at the moment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmmg1t6nnnov4zb/IMG_9762.MOV?dl=0

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/290?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.