711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 433.
#14401 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Mod Hunt:
Anyone know where I might find the simple Cross insert mask mod that was offered in the Classifieds section here for a while but is now gone?
The mod is a simple mask or frame that mounts to the underside of the PF beneath each Cross insert, stopping the lamp bleed that is visible otherwise when the Cross insert is lit, etc. I believe it came as a set of several masks and cost c. $25.
Thanks.

I got those and love them. Looks like they are no longer in the maketplace. PM @DAMAGEINC55. He was the one selling them.

#14402 5 years ago

Mod Hunt:
Anyone know where I might find the simple Cross insert mask mod that was offered in the Classifieds section here for a while but is now gone?
The mod is a simple mask or frame that mounts to the underside of the PF beneath each Cross insert, stopping the lamp bleed that is visible otherwise when the Cross insert is lit, etc. I believe it came as a set of several masks and cost c. $25.
Thanks.

I just bought a set of these a few weeks ago. My pack came with a couple extras for some reason. It won't cover the whole set but if you want them, PM me and I'll send em for the cost of shipping.

#14403 5 years ago

I have something for you Premium Monster Edition owners out there. I know there have been instruction cards out the wazoo made for this game, but I was just asked by a new owner to come up with something specific for his new pin. I copied several design ideas from others out there, but you'll see some custom touches on my cards ("Premium Monster Edition" on the headstone, my actual custom instruction cards pictured on the pin in the shot map card, etc.) Samples of cards are posted below.

FYI, I've had a few interested. Wanted to make the point that I would leave the design the same, but can change the text on the cards to support "Premium Road Case". Does the LE have anything different regarding the playfield or the shots? I again suppose that I could keep the same design but change the text for "Limited Edition". If their are shot or playfield differences, then I would need to redesign for that, but only if there is interest.

Anyway, I wanted to make these available to anyone who was interested. I hand make and ship the two card set for $5 to continental US. Cards are printed using OEM ink and OEM high gloss premium photo paper on a 6 color photo inkjet printer. I then cover the top with a 3-mil clear gloss vinyl laminate. I cut to size with a straight edge, and finally blackout the perimeter edges so that the white of the paper does not show against the apron.

Please PM me if interested. I can typically make the set and have in the mail in just a day or two.

left_sample.jpgleft_sample.jpgright_sample.jpgright_sample.jpg

I also make keychains for Premium Monster Edition - $6 each.

keychain.jpgkeychain.jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

Added another item to the set.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/289#post-4640528

#14404 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

FYI - a UK machine, with a standard Cross-shaped tombstone, defaults to Crosses.
Curiosity satisfied

the $100M question is do you have a physical cross or a rounded grave marker at the end of your 3-bank of drop targets in your game?

#14405 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I'm just curious how he got 4 balls during graveyard multiball. I know you can add one ball by hitting picks then the snake, but that would make it a 3 ball mulitball. I guess it might be possible to start coffin multiball then stack graveyard multiball on top of the coffin multiball.

Yep that is exactly what it was; running coffin MB, then started graveyard. First ball was captured on the magnet for the super. Second ball gently rolled up and got stuck. I held balls three and four and shot each at full strength one from the left, one from the right and neither could knock them loose. I was really dialed in on the graveyard shot that game for all the good it did me. No amount of shaking or swearing could release the magnetic death grip.

#14406 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

One other quick question. Is there a way to demagnetise pinballs

Just buy new ones. They are cheap in bulk. I replace all of mine every 150-200 games. Saves your pf from getting chewed up as well.

#14407 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

One other quick question. Is there a way to demagnetise pinballs

Sure - http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/magnetism2/index.html

My preferred answer:

Quoted from JDub03:

Just buy new ones. They are cheap in bulk. I replace all of mine every 150-200 games. Saves your pf from getting chewed up as well.

#14408 5 years ago

Mr_Tantrum is the real deal. I'll vouch up and down.

In other news, wanted to share my entry form. Hell Yeah!

20181015_160833 (resized).jpg20181015_160833 (resized).jpg20181015_165922 (resized).jpg20181015_165922 (resized).jpg20181015_180548 (resized).jpg20181015_180548 (resized).jpg
#14409 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Mr_Tantrum is the real deal. I'll vouch up and down.
In other news, wanted to share my entry form. Hell Yeah!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh sweet! A day early? Did ST get beamed up to somewhere? BTW, those yellow instruction cards sure are ugly, why don't you do something about them? Wait a minute you did! FYI, thanks to Mikedenton49 for the inspiration for the new card design I just released. Already had 3 others take me up on them.

#14410 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh sweet! A day early? Did ST get beamed up to somewhere? BTW, those yellow instruction cards sure are ugly, why don't you do something about them? Wait a minute you did! FYI, thanks to Mikedenton49 for the inspiration for the new card design I just released. Already had 3 others take me up on them.

Nah. It's now in the hallway. Going to need a bigger house. The color dmd got hijacked however. For now.

20181015_180553 (resized).jpg20181015_180553 (resized).jpg
#14411 5 years ago

Just in case nobody ever saw it, here's a picture of Dirty Donny's own(?) custom Metallica pinball.

Found on dirtydonny.com

Rob
11745701_1050503204962425_5215570463202463360_n (resized).jpg11745701_1050503204962425_5215570463202463360_n (resized).jpg

#14412 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the $100M question is do you have a physical cross or a rounded grave marker at the end of your 3-bank of drop targets in your game?

Standard cross-shaped cross. Official UK Pro 'LED' model with metal backbox.

I'm curious to see if *any* games shipped *anywhere* actually got a rounded grave marker - or maybe Stern hadn't got the grave style agreed when the dots were in production, so asked for 2 versions of the animations, just in case it had to be changed for licensing, religious or geographic reasons.

IMG_1823 (resized).JPGIMG_1823 (resized).JPG

#14413 5 years ago

Mod Hunt:
Thanks.

I have an extra set if you are interested. I got them twice on accident during a recent move. Eventually both sets made it to me.
Really does enhace the look on the pf.
I installed red LED at the crosses inserts as well, and when graveyard mb starts and the pf goes dark for a few seconds with the blood red crosses blarring, it looks badass with the red of the rising cross/grave marker on the standard dmd.

#14414 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Nah. It's now in the hallway. Going to need a bigger house. The color dmd got hijacked however. For now.
[quoted image]

Just consider it a piece of art . . . takes a little more room than a painting on the wall, but it sure is gorgeous (and functional too)!

Although, I'm sure it may have to find a new home the first time somebody stubs a toe on it in the middle of the night.

#14415 5 years ago

Life size Sparky!

#14416 5 years ago

Man that was freakin hilarious!

#14417 5 years ago

Seriously laughing out loud!!!!

#14418 5 years ago

I know this is probably a stretch but does anyone have a spare Sparky? Ours has lost both feet now and we’re getting stuck balls and some minor PF damage from it jamming under his legs.
049BB2EC-9CCE-4BB8-8589-36E0F447AEA4 (resized).jpeg049BB2EC-9CCE-4BB8-8589-36E0F447AEA4 (resized).jpeg

#14419 5 years ago
Quoted from Portal_Pinball:

I know this is probably a stretch but does anyone have a spare Sparky? Ours has lost both feet now and we’re getting stuck balls and some minor PF damage from it jamming under his legs.
[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/metallica-sparky-figure.html

#14420 5 years ago

Thanks! I had no idea they had them as parts

#14421 5 years ago

I've added a replacement "decal" for the center apron location where it currently has the giant yellow warning sign. This is made the same as my apron cards, except I use Scotch permeant double sided tape on the back as the adhesive layer (I've made and sold dozens of decals using this process, and they have worked perfectly for everyone).

Anyway, $5 each if you are interested PM me. I can cut the corners if you like to match the original form, but I prefer the full rectangle - your choice.

metallica.jpgmetallica.jpg
#14422 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seriously laughing out loud!!!!

Me too! He's probably hamming it up a bit but I don't care it's still funny as hell.

#14423 5 years ago

thanks for sharing ... I needed a good laugh!

#14424 5 years ago

Pinblade ID Help Sought:

On the hunt for worthwhile MET Pinblades that are an alternative to the ubiquitous Creeping Death design.

I found this clip on YouTube and the pinblades look promising. Any chance any of you know where I can get them? I would reach out to the OP, but YouTube doesn't really allow direct PM'ing. Only comments.

My initial thought was that the above pinblades are these...

ebay.com link: Metallica Pinball Cabinet Decal Mod

But now I'm fairly sure they're different.

Thanks!

#14425 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've added a replacement "decal" for the center apron location where it currently has the giant yellow warning sign. This is made the same as my apron cards, except I use Scotch permeant double sided tape on the back as the adhesive layer (I've made and sold dozens of decals using this process, and they have worked perfectly for everyone).
Anyway, $5 each if you are interested PM me. I can cut the corners if you like to match the original form, but I prefer the full rectangle - your choice.[quoted image]

How big is that?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14426 5 years ago

Pinblade ID Help Sought:
On the hunt for worthwhile MET Pinblades that are an alternative to the ubiquitous Creeping Death design.
I found this clip on YouTube and the pinblades look promising. Any chance any of you know where I can get them? I would reach out to the OP, but YouTube doesn't really allow direct PM'ing. Only comments.

My initial thought was that the above pinblades are these...
ebay.com link » Metallica Pinball Cabinet Decal Mod
But now I'm fairly sure they're different.
Thanks!

Thise are the flame blades from pin graffix. It was used on acdc and Metallica. Joe raptor made both flames on blue and flames on black to be used in many applications.

Here's a pic of the blue on the speaker panel (best to contact Joe as I can't find a link to the blades, but I'm sure he can do it for you): https://www.pingraffix.com/customer-gallery?lightbox=dataItem-ioxylahg

The black/red used on acdc: https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/ac-dc-flames

#14427 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How big is that?

I dunno, MP. Maybe 6 feet by 11 feet

Actually, it is 3" tall x 5.5" wide (dimensions provided to me as I don't actually own the pin)

btw: dude, you are everywhere I go on Pinside. Are you inversely following me?

#14428 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Thise are the flame blades from pin graffix. It was used on acdc and Metallica. Joe raptor made both flames on blue and flames on black to be used in many applications.
Here's a pic of the blue on the speaker panel (best to contact Joe as I can't find a link to the blades, but I'm sure he can do it for you): https://www.pingraffix.com/customer-gallery?lightbox=dataItem-ioxylahg
The black/red used on acdc: https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/ac-dc-flames

Thanks a bunch, Meegis, for your help. You are sharp!

I've now written to Joe and hope to hear from him soon. I s'pose he can print off whatever design of his he cares to if there is demand.

#14429 5 years ago

Thanks a bunch, Meegis, for your help. You are sharp!
I've now written to Joe and hope to hear from him soon. I s'pose he can print off whatever design of his he cares to if there is demand.

Just a heads up that he is at expo, so don't be surprised if he doesnt respond so promptly.

#14430 5 years ago

** Diverter Post Part Number Sought **

Does anyone know offhand the Pinball Life part number for the metal diverter post/plunger? From what I read about the conversion, I need just the plunger, not the whole coil/bracket/plunger assembly.

Marco has what I believe is the right part here...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-11004

I guess it's just over 4" long. I would buy it form Marco, but I have an order coming together for Pinball Life so I'm hoping to find it there.

Thanks.

J

#14432 5 years ago

Yep that is what you want right there. Makes a big difference.

#14433 5 years ago

Need a little advice here. Flipper issues for newbs.
My left flipper starts to bind up and not retract properly after a few games. I've been following this thread for a while so I believe I need to swap out some flipper parts, moe specifically the cardboard looking tube that has been know to be the wrong size occasionally.
I'm a quick study (YouTube taught me how to solder, mod game systems, fix old arcade games, etc.) but I've just never had to do any work on flippers before as I've only recently been able to have pins of my own.
If someone could provide a link to a YouTube video or something along those line as to how to properly do this job I would greatly appreciate it. I'm just not sure exactly what I should be searching for. Flipper rebuild videos? Something more tailored to this exact issue? Idk
Thanks for any input

#14434 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My left flipper starts to bind up and not retract properly after a few games. I've been following this thread for a while so I believe I need to swap out some flipper parts, moe specifically the cardboard looking tube that has been know to be the wrong size occasionally.
I'm a quick study (YouTube taught me how to solder, mod game systems, fix old arcade games, etc.) but I've just never had to do any work on flippers before as I've only recently been able to have pins of my own.
If someone could provide a link to a YouTube video or something along those line as to how to properly do this job I would greatly appreciate it. I'm just not sure exactly what I should be searching for. Flipper rebuild videos? Something more tailored to this exact issue? Idk
Thanks for any input

I'm in the same boat for my T2. Might try fixing it today. Read this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

I've gone over it a few times so I think I know what I need to do....

#14435 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks for any input

Before you think about rebuilds, check the playfield clearance. The flipper should have a small amount of vertical play. Sometimes they are too tightly fitted down onto the playfield and can drag.
Just loosen the Allen key to adjust the flipper bat shaft.

#14436 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Need a little advice here.

Def read the Vid’s thread above. Although it focuses on older flippers you will learn about how they operate in general.

You may want to just buy a flipper rebuild kit from one of the regular pinball parts sites.

One question though - are your coils getting hot when you play? If so you have a circuit issue. If not it is mechanical and a kit / rebuild should take care if it.

#14437 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I dunno, MP. Maybe 6 feet by 11 feet
Actually, it is 3" tall x 5.5" wide (dimensions provided to me as I don't actually own the pin)
btw: dude, you are everywhere I go on Pinside. Are you inversely following me?

If that were bigger say 8 1/2 x 11 I'd use it for wall art, it looks great.

You bet I'm following you, you make some great stuff.

#14438 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If that were bigger say 8 1/2 x 11 I'd use it for wall art, it looks great.
You bet I'm following you, you make some great stuff.

Thanks. I’d offer to blow it up for you, but i’m not sure the lower resolution original images would scale very well.

#14439 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks. I’d offer to blow it up for you, but i’m not sure the lower resolution original images would scale very well.

That's what I was thinking too.

#14440 5 years ago

Look at post #17 and #18, about the gap tool. Binding often happens due to people not setting that gap properly. If it's too tight then it will bind once things warm up and expand.

#14441 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Def read the Vid’s thread above. Although it focuses on older flippers you will learn about how they operate in general.
You may want to just buy a flipper rebuild kit from one of the regular pinball parts sites.
One question though - are your coils getting hot when you play? If so you have a circuit issue. If not it is mechanical and a kit / rebuild should take care if it.

Yes the coil gets hot but no hotter than the o e on the right which is always fine. It looks like the plastic piece connecting the coil to the flipper assembly gets crooked once the coil has warmed up

#14442 5 years ago

Right Ramp Alignment Question:

Hi.

Is the inside of the right "wall" of the right ramp supposed to be co-linear with the left edge of the right pic target at the foot of the ramp?

By that I mean, should a reject from the ramp glide straight down the ramp and across the PF to your left flipper? If that right wall is NOT co-linear with that target edge, the rejected ball gets a little launch when comes to the end of the ramp, sending it into the middle of the PF.

Arena ramp on TWD can suffer from this same kickout if the foot of the ramp is misaligned relative to the bumper on the right there, between Arena and Woodbury.

Where does your ball go when your right ramp rejects it?

Thanks.

#14443 5 years ago

Right Ramp Alignment Question:
Hi.
Is the inside of the right "wall" of the right ramp supposed to be co-linear with the left edge of the right pic target at the foot of the ramp?
By that I mean, should a reject from the ramp glide straight down the ramp and across the PF to your left flipper? If that right wall is NOT co-linear with that target edge, the rejected ball gets a little launch when comes to the end of the ramp, sending it into the middle of the PF.
Arena ramp on TWD can suffer from this same kickout if the foot of the ramp is misaligned relative to the bumper on the right there, between Arena and Woodbury.
Where does your ball go when your right ramp rejects it?
Thanks.

It rattled between the pick targets before exit and can go a number of ways.

#14444 5 years ago

Mine is the same way. It usually hits one of the pick targets and goes a random direction.

#14445 5 years ago

Thanks, Eric and BrewNinja, for your helpful replies.

I would like the ramp reject to be a predictable roll-off with consistent trajectory, but perhaps Borg had other ideas. It doesn't help that the builders at Stern screw the tongue of the ramp down within a space that allows for much variation. I see them centered, or far left, or far right. All over the place! Not cool, Stern!

#14446 5 years ago

Thanks, Eric and BrewNinja, for your helpful replies.
I would like the ramp reject to be a predictable roll-off with consistent trajectory, but perhaps Borg had other ideas. It doesn't help that the builders at Stern screw the tongue of the ramp down within a space that allows for much variation. I see them centered, or far left, or far right. All over the place! Not cool, Stern!

If you want predictable feeds, look to other games other than MET. Haha

#14447 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It rattled between the pick targets before exit and can go a number of ways.

^^^ This is definitely correct.

#14448 5 years ago

Hey Pinheads!!! I am finally proud owner NIB MET PRE from the last production!
Thanks to Steve from Pinball Refinery for doing the cosmetic custom work to make it my centerpiece pinball.
FYI, These photos DO NOT do justice on how it looks like in person. I just took crappy photos.

@Mr_Tantrum, Thanks for the instruction cards. Its the great custom addition to the work Steve did for me.

I notice my Sparky does not "bobble" aggressively as I have seen other machines. Are there common issues that are associated with this?
The head moves about 1/2 inch both directions.... I was at Banning, CA and there MET LE Sparky had some serious head banging!

I'll be asking more questions as time goes on.

FYI , my lighting sucks in my guest room to take photos.

IMG_8422 (resized).JPGIMG_8422 (resized).JPG

#14449 5 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Hey Pinheads!!! I am finally proud owner NIB MET PRE from the last production!
Thanks to Steve from Pinball Refinery for doing the cosmetic custom work to make it my centerpiece pinball.
Mr_Tantrum, Thanks for the instruction cards. Its the great custom addition to the work Steve did for me.
I notice my Sparky does not "bobble" aggressively as I have seen other machines. Are there common issues that are associated with this?
The head moves about 1/2 inch both directions.... I was at Banning, CA and there MET LE Sparky had some serious head banging!
I'll be asking more questions as time goes on.
FYI , my lighting sucks in my guest room to take photos.
[quoted image]

Seems like a lot of the GI (general illumination) is out on your game, or it's just when the picture was taken?

Rob

#14450 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Seems like a lot of the GI (general illumination) is out on your game, or it's just when the picture was taken?
Rob

Everything seems dim except for the slings and by the flippers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 21,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/289 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.