C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 434.
#14351 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I find it amazing that this game has been out for years, and this is just coming to light !

It isn't exactly news... j_M_ knew this and posted about it a couple of years ago...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smartdmd-dmd-interface-with-colors-upscaling-network-and-more/page/12#post-3268078

#14352 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I find it amazing that this game has been out for years, and this is just coming to light !

I've known about it for a couple of years (hence, the animation files posted above that I colored for the smartdmd version

#14353 5 years ago

who?!?

#14354 5 years ago

Ok, is this just for color dmd, or the red dot display too?

#14355 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok, is this just for color dmd, or the red dot display too?

I'm not understanding your post. the rounded and cross grave marker animations exist in all games and are toggled by option #131 under the 'adjustments' - 'game' menu in the service menu as embryon pointed out in post #14346
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/287#post-4632278

#14356 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm not understanding your post. the rounded and cross grave marker animations exist in all games and are toggled by option #131 under the 'adjustments' - 'game' menu in the service menu as embryon pointed out in post #14346
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/287#post-4632278

Both posts above reference the color dmd. You have answered my question, thank you!

#14357 5 years ago

Oops... I corrected it

I'm going downstairs now to change it on my machine now! long live the SmartDMD

Edit: It was Game Adjustment #122 for me. Had to change Grave Marker Type from Normal to RIP Tombstone to see it. Took me 3 games to start multiball though

#14358 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

But the cross is still all over the playfield. Or is that changed, too?

That part I don't know.

Rob

#14359 5 years ago

Just a quick request. Does anyone know what fuses go into a reb b shaker pcb. I was sent one without fuses. Thank you

#14360 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I've got an odd issue with my MET that I've been living with since I got it but today things escalated . Occasionally/rarely (1 in 20/30 games kind of thing) within the ball save timer a second ball will kick out as if I had drained the first one, but I haven't... I could live with this as I'd just let one ball drain and move along. Today however a little past the ball save timer my ball ended while it was still in play... my flippers died, the ball bounced around and then I just kept playing the ball in play but it was now ball two... weird. Any suggestions on where to look?

Reseat your trough opto connectors.

#14361 5 years ago

Just so I’m clear, the game adjustment for grave marker type changes what? The animation for the grave marker for normal would be the cross and RIP for the tombstone?

#14362 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think it's because the cross is seen as a christian symbol and that isn't acceptable with some other countries. It's probably a setting so the game isn't banned in those other countries.
Rob

Ok, if anyone has removed their rising cross for religious reasons, I’ll be happy to buy it from them to run off my total lightshow on my pro

#14363 5 years ago

One other quick question. Is there a way to demagnetise pinballs

#14364 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yep, colordmd didn't color this option. I'll talk with randy and see if we can get the guy who did colored MET to go back and do these frames. it affects quite a few areas (collecting the mystery scoop [when scrolling through the available rewards], all graveyard animations and the end of ball bonus

Did you manage to ask the ColorDMD guys about this?

I’ll bet a fair chunk of us with MET also have a ColorDMD, and also want to try this option now, just because you pointed it out, and we can.

#14365 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Hate to tell you but I bet your balls are magnetized. I never had issues with mine. Replaced my balls and after maybe a dozen or so plays had issues as you are describing.....change the balls. That’s what I did and all back to normal.

Interesting, I also changed balls recently before this problem. This easy enough to fix but I wish I wouldn't have bought 50 of the balls that aren't supposed to magnetize easily from pinball life. What kind of pinballs are you using?

#14366 5 years ago
Quoted from GT-500:

Interesting, I also changed balls recently before this problem. This easy enough to fix but I wish I wouldn't have bought 50 of the balls that aren't supposed to magnetize easily from pinball life. What kind of pinballs are you using?

Well don’t assume they are magnetized. Test them. Line them up on a table and check. Don’t want to waste 50 balls if they aren’t the problem.

#14367 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well don’t assume they are magnetized. Test them. Line them up on a table and check. Don’t want to waste 50 balls if they aren’t the problem.

Pickle was spot on...I just pulled the balls out and sure enough three out of four are magnetized which is why it was a random problem. I wish I had a dollar for every time I had the glass off this machine. Now to find some pinballs that don't magnetize as quickly. Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

#14368 5 years ago

Even if the balls are slightly magnetized it can be enough to cause problems. Balls would be stuck in coffin lock when multiball was started and would only release when the game was finally over. That is not a trough issue so I knew right away that’s what it was because I had changed my balls and it was only about a dozen plays later that it started happening.

No good I way I know of to demagnetize the balls....just buy new ones and make SURE you get the correct ones.....read the description of the balls you are buying and it will tell you if they are good for games with magnets.

#14369 5 years ago
Quoted from GT-500:

Pickle was spot on...I just pulled the balls out and sure enough three out of four are magnetized which is why it was a random problem. I wish I had a dollar for every time I had the glass off this machine. Now to find some pinballs that don't magnetize as quickly. Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Ball Baron has good balls...just look and you will find the standard carbon core balls I believe...do not get premium balls. Just read the description of the balls and you will find the correct ones.

#14370 5 years ago
Quoted from GT-500:

Titan is what I use and have never had issues.

Standard shiny.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=69

#14371 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Ball Baron has good balls...just look and you will find the standard carbon core balls I believe...do not get premium balls. Just read the description of the balls and you will find the correct ones.

The balls I got from pinball life were the carbon core style unless they sent the wrong ones by accident? I'll try some from ball baron. I'm just glad its a simple fix. Thanks for all your help!!!

#14372 5 years ago

Thanks Chuck!!! I will check them out as well

#14373 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Did you manage to ask the ColorDMD guys about this?
I’ll bet a fair chunk of us with MET also have a ColorDMD, and also want to try this option now, just because you pointed it out, and we can.

I phoned him but he didn't pick up. I'll touch base with him @ expo. and if someone brings a MET with a colordmd I can show him exactly what is happening so that he can get with the original colordmd artist on this

#14374 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I second this. I just bought some 2 months ago and so far so good.

#14375 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

One other quick question. Is there a way to demagnetise pinballs

The Ball Baron is working on one last I heard.

#14376 5 years ago

Titan is also good. Both vendors post on pinside and will respond to any questions regarding balls if you need to reach out to them.

The balls we wish would come back are the super shiny that Pinball Life used to stock. Those were shiny and carbon core....never had issues using those. But I will say the carbon balls I got from Ball Baron were pretty shiny so no issues with them at all.

In the big picture balls are cheap so it’s regular maintenance...change mine out once or twice a year as needed when I clean and wax.

#14377 5 years ago

I was using ball baron's chrome balls in my MET, but like others they got magnetized rather fast (about 50-60 games) and caused many issues. I attempted to demagnetize them with an industrial level deguassing ring, but that only appeared to work for another 10-15 game before they were magnetized again

while I love the shininess of the ball baron balls, I simply don't want to be bothered with having to swap out the balls every 50 or so games

#14378 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I was using ball baron's chrome balls in my MET, but like others they got magnetized rather fast (about 50-60 games) and caused many issues. I attempted to demagnetize them with an industrial level deguassing ring, but that only appeared to work for another 10-15 game before they were magnetized again
while I love the shininess of the ball baron balls, I simply don't want to be bothered with having to swap out the balls every 50 or so games

I thought ball barons were the best? Ive always used Pinball Life balls and have never had a problem yet with them, guess i will just stick with those.

#14379 5 years ago

Same experience for me. Factory Stern balls magnetized pretty quickly. Replaced with Ball Barron shiny chrome. Those magnetized on short order. Caused all kinds of problems. I even managed to get *all four* stuck in the graveyard trying to collect the super on the MB. I had to pull the glass to get them dislodged. That sucked.

I recently replaced with Ball Barron carbon core and have not had any problems after a hundred or so plays.

20180806_202850.jpg20180806_202850.jpg

#14380 5 years ago

Got my custom painted sparky installed today

F870D16E-EF3A-4000-90CE-8A2920BDED93 (resized).jpegF870D16E-EF3A-4000-90CE-8A2920BDED93 (resized).jpeg
#14381 5 years ago

Re: Hooked On Pinball's MET Pro Spinners Kit:

Hi.

If you have this kit installed, please tell me how you've wired it regarding scoring. HOP describes the kit as "tied to pic target hits." That's confusing to me. A good thump on a spinner can score more than a dozen switch hits. How does the code handle a dozen pic target hits at once? I mean, if I start a MB and I want pic target hits ASAP as part of my add-a-ball effort, I need each pic target in each position. If the spinner is wired to the nearest pic target switch, I s'pose I would score a dozen hits to that one pic target. I don't know how the code would handle that. I s'pose it would ignore it after the first hit is tallied. I must be missing something. Please clue me in.

Thanks.

#14382 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hi.
If you have this kit installed, please tell me how you've wired it regarding scoring. HOP describes the kit as "tied to pic target hits." That's confusing to me. A good thump on a spinner can score more than a dozen switch hits. How does the code handle a dozen pic target hits at once? I mean, if I start a MB and I want pic target hits ASAP as part of my add-a-ball effort, I need each pic target in each position. If the spinner is wired to the nearest pic target switch, I s'pose I would score a dozen hits to that one pic target. I don't know how the code would handle that. I s'pose it would ignore it after the first hit is tallied. I must be missing something. Please clue me in.
Thanks.

Nope. You understand it right. Just imagine hitting that pic a bunch of times.

#14383 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hi.
Thanks.

I think pic hits only score 10 pts, or something really small so from a scoring perspective it isn't a big deal... the bigger deal part is not actually having to hit either of the outside targets at all to register a hit so ultimately it is "easier" to collect band members. Prior to doing the mod I don't recall making it to Blackend, since I have made it numerous times... I have gotten better at the game too so that could have something to do with it, but generally I think the mod makes it easier. If you tie it into Total Lighshow Mod (https://redshiftled.com.au/Total-Lightshow.php) though it no longer impacts scoring or game play, just gives you the audible satisfaction of ripping spinners

#14384 5 years ago

Game should have had a spinner from the factory on the pro.

No issue with anyone adding spinners to a pro but I do have an issue with it affecting gameplay as described above.

#14385 5 years ago

How much would it of cost Stern to put spinners on pro? Doubt it would of been more than $20. Irritating that Stern just strips of inexpensive features so they can charge like $2000 more for premium.

#14386 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

You bought the wrong balls. You didn't read the part where ball baron clearly states his super shiny balls are not meant for games with magnets.

#14388 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Game should have had a spinner from the factory on the pro.
No issue with anyone adding spinners to a pro but I do have an issue with it affecting gameplay as described above.

Spinners sure do make the orbit shots more fun, especially when you can rip a good super spinner shot on the Pre/LE models.

Rob

#14389 5 years ago

Met pro + Spinners + TLS mod means spinner sounds, without scoring or pic target changes.

It's the way to go IMHO.

#14390 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Met pro + Spinners + TLS mod means spinner sounds, without scoring or pic target changes.
It's the way to go IMHO.

Agree to an extent, over $600 Canadian to do it all and probably closer to $700 if you get hit with duty and taxes. You have to really love your MET to invest that into it because you are never getting that back out when you resell. People don’t pay full pop for mods.

#14391 5 years ago

Mod Hunt:

Anyone know where I might find the simple Cross insert mask mod that was offered in the Classifieds section here for a while but is now gone?

The mod is a simple mask or frame that mounts to the underside of the PF beneath each Cross insert, stopping the lamp bleed that is visible otherwise when the Cross insert is lit, etc. I believe it came as a set of several masks and cost c. $25.

Thanks.

#14392 5 years ago

I just sold my Metallica so I guess I’m out of the club. I had a great 22 months and who knows maybe might rejoin in the future but it would have to be a premium.

#14393 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You bought the wrong balls. You didn't read the part where ball baron clearly states his super shiny balls are not meant for games with magnets.

he didn't have any carbon core balls available at the time. it was an experiment to see how well they worked (and for how long). go to the ball baron thread and you'll see that I provided information back about attempting to deguass them

#14394 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Agree to an extent, over $600 Canadian to do it all and probably closer to $700 if you get hit with duty and taxes. You have to really love your MET to invest that into it because you are never getting that back out when you resell. People don’t pay full pop for mods.

This.
I've spent...well, a lot on modding my MET. It was my first NIB pin and I added all sort of crap. I'm not worried about its resale value because it was fun to do and makes the game look great. Ive since stopped spending so much on mods. That being said I've been considering putting spinners in but would only do it with total light show for that satisfying sound. We get nailed with on shipping in Canada. $80 duty on my colorDMD

#14395 5 years ago

Side not on randomness of duty fees.
Any packages I've received from Mezel or pingraffix have never had any duty fees attached to them.

#14396 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I raised it 2 years ago - post #7829 on here

#14397 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Same experience for me. Factory Stern balls magnetized pretty quickly. Replaced with Ball Barron shiny chrome. Those magnetized on short order. Caused all kinds of problems. I even managed to get *all four* stuck in the graveyard trying to collect the super on the MB. I had to pull the glass to get them dislodged. That sucked.
I recently replaced with Ball Barron carbon core and have not had any problems after a hundred or so plays.
[quoted image]

That should be some sort of quintuple jackpot!!

#14398 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

That should be some sort of quintuple jackpot!!

I'm just curious how he got 4 balls during graveyard multiball. I know you can add one ball by hitting picks then the snake, but that would make it a 3 ball mulitball. I guess it might be possible to start coffin multiball then stack graveyard multiball on top of the coffin multiball.

#14399 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I guess it might be possible to start coffin multiball then stack graveyard multiball on top of the coffin multiball.

Yeah, I think that's the only way.

#14400 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I phoned him but he didn't pick up. I'll touch base with him @ expo. and if someone brings a MET with a colordmd I can show him exactly what is happening so that he can get with the original colordmd artist on this

FYI - a UK machine, with a standard Cross-shaped tombstone, defaults to Crosses.

Curiosity satisfied

IMG_1813 (resized).JPGIMG_1813 (resized).JPGIMG_1818 (resized).JPGIMG_1818 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 25.50
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/288?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.