C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 434.
#14201 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Lovin my new pin, this game is hard to score big points on for me. I find I loose the ball a lot on the left and right outlanes. Some guys (Bowen, deadflip) make it look easy. I think I need to learn nudging more. I still need to get my game dialled in though. Why is it that sometimes 2 balls get sent in the shooter lane, is there a fix for this?[quoted image]

Make sure your balls aren’t magnetized...thus they will stick together enough for 2 balls to be ejected into the shooter lane.

#14202 5 years ago

Thanks to the poster for this idea I saw here last week. Cheap, Easy and if you look around a bit there are so many shapes and sizes depending on your preference.
I wasnt sure I'd like the look of the convex mirror as they tend to stretch and distort reflections. Instead I found this nice little wedge in the automotive section at walmart. Works great and blends well with the curve of the ramp
20180920_101323 (resized).jpg20180920_101323 (resized).jpg

#14203 5 years ago

Now I'm just waiting my powerblades from Joe at pingraffix.
.....maybe a cemetary arch is needed as well.
It's so easy (and fun) to get carried away with mods. I dont work on my car when I'm bored, I work on my games

#14204 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks to the poster for this idea I saw here last week. Cheap, Easy and if you look around a bit there are so many shapes and sizes depending on your preference.
I wasnt sure I'd like the look of the convex mirror as they tend to stretch and distort reflections. Instead I found this nice little wedge in the automotive section at walmart. Works great and blends well with the curve of the ramp
[quoted image]

Guess that is the only benefit of being built way to close to the ground. I'm short enough to where I clearly see the lights in the reflection from the backpanel. It's my home field advantage for when my friends come and play.

#14205 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Make sure your balls aren’t magnetized...thus they will stick together enough for 2 balls to be ejected into the shooter lane.

How do you prevent this? I did notice sometime the ball tends to "stick" to the newton balls (coffin) at times. I do have the balls from pinball life which stated that they are good for games with magnets.

#14206 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

How do you prevent this? I did notice sometime the ball tends to "stick" to the newton balls (coffin) at times. I do have the balls from pinball life which stated that they are good for games with magnets.

Those still can get magnetized with time. Yes, some balls are much more likely to get magnetized because of the way they are made. As far as I know, it’s just best to buy new balls when this happens.

#14207 5 years ago

Metallica Lighted Speaker Panel with "Original Resemblance" Art Package has just arrived in our store!

Check these out in action here:

And pick one up here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01938-metallica-lighted-speaker-panel-original-resemblance-art-p

Or through our website.

Stay tuned, more art packages coming soon!

Metallica_Pinball_Ultimate_Speaker_Panel_LED (resized).jpgMetallica_Pinball_Ultimate_Speaker_Panel_LED (resized).jpg
#14208 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

If balls magnetized, you need to replace them. You need carbon core balls but doesn't seem like any ball is complete safe from getting magnetized. Pinball life used to sell really nice premium balls that I had great success in games with magnets but I don't think they sell them anymore. Never see them in stock. Ballbaron.com seems like a good place to get balls but never tried them. Here is a thread about where guys are buying balls from:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from

#14209 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

OK, final version. I've thinned the mounting tabs to normal thickness so you can use the original screws. Now installation should take just a couple minutes... remove(unscrew) the 4 individual light holders, screw this light holder in place (re-using 2 screws, hopefully in the existing holes), and pop your lights in.
[quoted image]

Used up the rest of my white filament, and posted them for sale: https://goo.gl/FbZsZJ

#14210 5 years ago

Funny there is no must have topper for this game yet? I would buy one but none I have found for sale really match up to the artwork on the machine and look like they belong.

#14211 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If balls magnetized, you need to replace them. You need carbon core balls but doesn't seem like any ball is complete safe from getting magnetized. Pinball life used to sell really nice premium balls that I had great success in games with magnets but I don't think they sell them anymore. Never see them in stock. Ballbaron.com seems like a good place to get balls but never tried them. Here is a thread about where guys are buying balls from:

But what about the balls that came with my new in box pin? Stern would surely know these balls have to work with magnets. My new pin only has about 40 games on it so far. I received my order from pinball life just this past Monday so I used the balls from them which clearly states on their website theses balls are good for games with magnets. So after about 20 games for each set of balls they are magnetized? At this rate I will not be able to keep up with buying balls. I wonder if that is the issue I am having or maybe it is something else. Could the magnets power be too high? Or is there an issue with how the ball is sent to the shooting lane? So the ratio of 2 balls sent to the shooting lane is about 6 times so far after 40 games. Is this normal?

#14212 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

But what about the balls that came with my new in box pin? Stern would surely know these balls have to work with magnets. My new pin only has about 40 games on it so far. I received my order from pinball life just this past Monday so I used the balls from them which clearly states on their website theses balls are good for games with magnets. So after about 20 games for each set of balls they are magnetized? At this rate I will not be able to keep up with buying balls. I wonder if that is the issue I am having or maybe it is something else. Could the magnets power be too high? Or is there an issue with how the ball is sent to the shooting lane? So the ratio of 2 balls sent to the shooting lane is about 6 times so far after 40 games. Is this normal?

No thats not normal and i dont think the balls are getting magnatized that quickly either. Call Chaz at Stern and see what he says.

#14213 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Got a link to the balls you bought? If they are the super shiny ones those will get magnetized for sure. Doesn’t matter what the site says.

#14214 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got a link to the balls you bought? If they are the super shiny ones those will get magnetized for sure. Doesn’t matter what the site says.

I dont think they've had the super shiny ones for a good while but ive never had a problem with them before when ive bought them in the past. I change them once a year.

#14215 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont think they've had the super shiny ones for a good while but ive never had a problem with them before when ive bought them in the past. I change them once a year.

When’s the last time you bought super shiny balls? Pinball life hasn’t had them in years.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=49&pg=1

As long as they are listed as standard pinballs and not super shiny, you should be good.

#14216 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When’s the last time you bought super shiny balls? Pinball life hasn’t had them in years.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=49&pg=1
As long as they are listed as standard pinballs and not super shiny, you should be good.

I have bought super shiny's from pinball life. A couple years ago maybe i dont know? Ive bought them from Scott as well. Not disputing your claim, just telling you ive never had any problems out if them.

#14217 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5

#14218 5 years ago

Are you sure balls are even magnetized? Get them out and see if they want to stick to each other. Magnetized balls may still work fine but can cause some problems. Only problem I remember having is balls staying stuck on magnets and needing some nudging to free them.

Stern factory balls do not have a good reputation. I replaced them right away on my Stern pins. Why take chances with using cheap, unknown basic balls on an expensive new pin?

#14219 5 years ago

Last night I had a ball stick to the captive ball rather than the magnet. First time I've seen that! It cost me a locked ball in the coffin. The balls were looking kind of old, so I swapped them out. The balls don't appear to be magnetized so I assume the captive ball gets a little magnetic when the playfield magnet is energized.

#14220 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Last night I had a ball stick to the captive ball rather than the magnet. First time I've seen that! It cost me a locked ball in the coffin. The balls were looking kind of old, so I swapped them out. The balls don't appear to be magnetized so I assume the captive ball gets a little magnetic when the playfield magnet is energized.

Well at least you wont have to worry about hitting it and the ball draining now.

#14221 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have bought super shiny's from pinball life. A couple years ago maybe i dont know? Ive bought them from Scott as well. Not disputing your claim, just telling you ive never had any problems out if them.

Agree on the pinball life ones. They haven’t had them in years though. That’s my point. Any of the other super shinys (Titan or Marcos silverjets) are not good with magnets.

As of today I’m unaware of a reliable super shiny ball that plays nice with magnets.

#14222 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree on the pinball life ones. They haven’t had them in years though. That’s my point. Any of the other super shinys (Titan or Marcos silverjets) are not good with magnets.
As of today I’m unaware of a reliable super shiny ball that plays nice with magnets.

Last ones i got were the ones they are selling now and they seem fine also. Im not bothered at all that they arent super shiny. Am i the only one that this doesn't bother? Lol

#14223 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Last ones i got were the ones they are selling now and they seem fina also. Im not bothered at all that they arent super shiny. Am i the only one that this doesn't bother? Lol

Yeah once Pinball life stopped selling them and I had issues with the others, I went standard and never looked back.

Considering there’s a massive thread talking about pinball types, I’d say were in the minority for sure.

#14224 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I just recently bought some from Ballbarons. I'm not sure how many games I have on them, HUO, but they look great and no magnetizing so far.

#14225 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Could just be a typical trough stack. It happens from time to time on a perfectly working game. If the ball ejects into the shooter lane and falls back into the trough there is a two ball stack. So the game ejects again and two balls come out. When this happens, as long as the ball trough is working and recognizes how many balls are in play, if you let one drain your turn should continue. If your game is doing this, it may just be due to everything being new and clean. It may settle down after more games get put on it.

#14226 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Could just be a typical trough stack. It happens from time to time on a perfectly working game. If the ball ejects into the shooter lane and falls back into the trough there is a two ball stack. So the game ejects again and two balls come out. When this happens, as long as the ball trough is working and recognizes how many balls are in play, if you let one drain your turn should continue. If your game is doing this, it may just be due to everything being new and clean. It may settle down after more games get put on it.

That is exactly what's happening. I watched the balls in the trough while my son was playing the ball came out and went back in and then 2 balls came out. And sure enough he let one ball drain and continued fine. Hopefully it will settle down.

#14227 5 years ago

I just picked up my first machine, a HUO Metallica Pro LED. Excellent game.

I'm having a minor issue with the spotlight next to the left flipper. It works intermittently. If I wiggle the cable on the right, it comes back on for a few games, but eventually it stops working again. I tried pulling the cable out to take a look at the connector, but it's not coming out and I don't want to break it.

The game is very bright even without that spotlight so it's not a huge deal, but I'd like it if everything worked.

#14228 5 years ago
Quoted from SNIP3R:

I just picked up my first machine, a HUO Metallica Pro LED. Excellent game.
I'm having a minor issue with the spotlight next to the left flipper. It works intermittently. If I wiggle the cable on the right, it comes back on for a few games, but eventually it stops working again. I tried pulling the cable out to take a look at the connector, but it's not coming out and I don't want to break it.
The game is very bright even without that spotlight so it's not a huge deal, but I'd like it if everything worked.

It’s probably just the bulb not making good contact. Wiggle the bulb and see if it goes out. Here is a fix for bulbs that fall out of the spotlights and bulbs maybe that arent making good dontact. You could try pulling the bulb out and pulling the little metal connectors out a little and then putting the bulb back in also.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights

#14229 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It’s probably just the bulb not making good contact. Wiggle the bulb and see if it goes out. Here is a fix for bulbs that fall out of the spotlights and bulbs maybe that arent making good dontact. You could try pulling the bulb out and pulling the little metal connectors out a little and then putting the bulb back in also.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights

I'll give that a read, thank you.

Funny enough, the bulb fell out mid multi-ball a few minutes after I made that post. I re-seated it and found that it doesn't make good contact when it's pressed all the way in. Next time it stops working, I'll remove it and adjust the metal connectors. There was already some electrical tape on it, so I may need to redo the tape job.

#14230 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah once Pinball life stopped selling them and I had issues with the others, I went standard and never looked back.
Considering there’s a massive thread talking about pinball types, I’d say were in the minority for sure.

I go standard too from Pinball Life.

0504181441 (resized).jpg0504181441 (resized).jpg
#14231 5 years ago

Unfortunately, pinball life has ludicrous shipping fees to Canada. (Southern Ontario. About 90min from Buffalo)
$10 diverter post and 50 balls. Over $65 shipping....for a $50 order.
Ok, balls are kind of heavy. Let's see how much for just the diverter post. O wait, over $40 shipping.
I've shipped entire game board for half that.
I've had custom glass work delived from the southern us for less than that.
Pinball life, if you are reading this. You are missing a huge market up here. Sort your shipping rates out.

#14232 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Unfortunately, pinball life has ludicrous shipping fees to Canada. (Southern Ontario. About 90min from Buffalo)
Ok, balls are kind of heavy. Let's see how much for just the diverter post. O wait, over $40 shipping.
Pinball life, if you are reading this. You are missing a huge market up here. Sort your shipping rates out.

What's a game board?

#14233 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What's a game board?

Arcade game boards

#14234 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Is there anywhere in Canada to buy parts for pinball from? I order from pinball life and the shipping was very expensive.

#14235 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Is there anywhere in Canada to buy parts for pinball from? I order from pinball life and the shipping was very expensive.

Player1 Amusement(http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/) ships, so do the Pinball Medics(https://pinballmedics.ca/) in Ottawa I believe. Nitro(https://www.nitropinball.com/) out in BC ships some stuff too. Shipping in general is not cheap from any of those vendors and as far as I know they get their parts from the States and have to mark them up so I'm not even sure if you'll find a savings depending on what you buy.

#14236 5 years ago

Another loose LED related question... Having an issue with the LEDs under these red plastic covers going out intermittently. I want to re-seat these bulbs, but do the screws that hold these red plastic parts in place also secure something on the underside of the play field?

Capture2 (resized).PNGCapture2 (resized).PNG
#14237 5 years ago
Quoted from SNIP3R:

Another loose LED related question... Having an issue with the LEDs under these red plastic covers going out intermittently. I want to re-seat these bulbs, but do the screws that hold these red plastic parts in place also secure something on the underside of the play field?[quoted image]

Nope. Unscrew the screws and lift out the plastics with the screws. I’ve had this problem. Take a very small screwdriver and gently bend the copper leafs inside the socket inward. This will make a tighter fit on the bulb.

#14238 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Nope. Unscrew the screws and lift out the plastics with the screws. I’ve had this problem. Take a very small screwdriver and gently bend the copper leafs inside the socket inward. This will make a tighter fit on the bulb.

Ditto. I had the center one driving me crazy until I finally did this.

#14239 5 years ago

Custom sparky birthday cake. 100% edible, made for me by a good friend who does cakes as a hobby

20180922_172021 (resized).jpg20180922_172021 (resized).jpg
#14240 5 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Custom sparky birthday cake. 100% edible, made for me by a good friend who does cakes as a hobby

[quoted image]

That's cool

Don't eat Sparky until he's fried in the chair.

#14241 5 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

[quoted image]

Bad ass!! What Mopars??

#14243 5 years ago

Just figured that I would mention that I've had Metallica Premium for 9 months now and I played it more last week than any other week since I got the game. This really is a fantastic machine!

#14244 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just figured that I would mention that I've had Metallica Premium for 9 months now and I played it more last week than any other week since I got the game. This really is a fantastic machine!

It really is awesome. My only question is, why do i always have to choke when i get to the crank it up modes??? So frustrating....

#14245 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It really is awesome. My only question is, why do i always have to choke when i get to the crank it up modes??? So frustrating....

For me its Justice for All.
I almost always sewer before the animation even starts. Idk why but WAY too often

#14246 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Right now, I bounce pretty evenly between Metallica Premium and Total Nuclear Annihilation. The games are nothing really alike, which is why they pair so nicely together in my small collection.

#14247 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I had wired up guitar picks only to find that they won't work with the met vault edition. I still can't comprehend why they won't light, but I guess it's a voltage difference or something. So.....I had to go back to my mirror. Mine is rectangular and I swiped it from my wife's makeup tacklebox

How did you wire them in? Did you reverse the leads and try again?

I did not use the guitar picks but I put lights that shine thru the switch slots. I tapped into the insert lights but one did not work until I reversed the leads.

#14248 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Absolute Pinball in saskatoon has tons of parts in store ready to ship. The ol' boy is named Devron and he been in the game for 30 years! I heard he is revamping his website to include the shopping cart/check out options to make it easier to shop online. But give him a call if u need something u dont see listed..I bet he has it! He has n.i.b. pins too! Good dude and great to chat with...

#14249 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

How did you wire them in? Did you reverse the leads and try again?
I did not use the guitar picks but I put lights that shine thru the switch slots. I tapped into the insert lights but one did not work until I reversed the leads.

Hmmm.. I'm pretty sure I tried this. And the mod guy who made the pick mod even states his kit will not work on premium models.... Curious how yours is working. I would love the pick mod, actually just ripped it all out because it pissed me off to see them in there not working...

#14250 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hmmm.. I'm pretty sure I tried this. And the mod guy who made the pick mod even states his kit will not work on premium models.... Curious how yours is working. I would love the pick mod, actually just ripped it all out because it pissed me off to see them in there not working...

I was disappointed at first when the lights did not work but then I swapped the wires and it works. I used standard bayonet sockets with a flex bulb led in the middle of the switch slot. Wired this to each of the insert lights. I have a Met Prem, btw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/285?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.