2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 434.
#14151 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought mine used and it came with the Cointaker shaker and I hate it. I have read that you can put a device in line to tame it - so I might try that at some point - but the extsernal subwoofer seems good enough to me during the hammer strike.

Ah, makes more sense now. Those CT ones are pretty extreme IMHO.

#14152 5 years ago

Put the speed controller on it. I did that on both pins and turned it down to like half. Much better now.

Only wish you could do it to newer machines but they say it fries a board on the new models.

#14153 5 years ago

Shaker update. After speaking with my distributor I found the problem was a bad ground wire from stern. He mentioned having a few shakers where the wiring was wrong in the ground assembly. I Jimmy rigged my own and it's working fine now. Factory setting is maximum use but it moves the pin around too much so I've set it to minimal and other than sparky multiball nothing else seems excessive.

#14154 5 years ago

Reducing shaker strength is a few dollars mod which is very easy and explained here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor

#14155 5 years ago

All these posts about reducing shaker strength...I have a red tremor shaker motor and it rattles the glass with the machine! I love it!!

#14156 5 years ago

At this point now does anyone have any reliable information on whether Stern has been manufacturing this new run of Premiums? I've paid in full for one four months ago to get the Refinery version done and there is still no idea on when they will come. But I have read some other posts here where people are saying they just got their nib met premium. Is that from the new run just made or from pre existing nibs that were left over?
I can wait a bit longer but I'm starting to wonder if they will be made after all or if Stern will decide that they are just too busy with all of the new games and not do this last run of Metallica premiums.

#14157 5 years ago

I got one from the new run a month ago.

#14158 5 years ago

Mine was made july 2018. New run.

#14159 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Joined the club today..finally
Is there an optimum sound/speaker setting in the settings to get the volume of the music up a little bit.
Some of the songs seem a little uneven.
Some pinball eye candy added.. Creeping Death lighting and blades are friggin unreal.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Glad to see you are enjoying our PinGraffix products!
Creeping Death PinBlades are the most popular item and the most sold Inner art blades ever made

#14160 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Mine was made july 2018. New run.

When did you put the order/deposit in for your MET PREM ?

I am also waiting and wondering since the end of MAY for mine.

#14161 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

When did you put the order/deposit in for your MET PREM ?
I am also waiting and wondering since the end of MAY for mine.

I never put order in. Noticed distributors had them in stock again and purchased it.

#14162 5 years ago

Finally!!

0908181827a_resized (resized).jpg0908181827a_resized (resized).jpg0908181834a_resized (resized).jpg0908181834a_resized (resized).jpg
#14163 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Finally!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great taste! Mine are side by side as well. Welcome to the club!

IMG_1005 (resized).jpgIMG_1005 (resized).jpg
#14164 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I have had a metallica nib premium for 2 weeks. Noticed that i hear humming noise when holding the left and right flippers. It is slight hum when i hold the right flipper up but much louder with left flipper held up. Normal or some way to lessen the hum? Thanks for any input.

Mine hum as well. I'm used to it. If you search this thread, I think someone cleaned or shaved the contacts a bit, but I didn't think it was worth the effort. I have about 300 games on mine (NIB in June) and the hum is there but doesn't seem to have an effect on gameplay.

#14165 5 years ago

How long does the honeymoon last? I’ve only owned MET for about 8 months now, but I still love this game. I’m still altering strategies on it. Lately I’ve been on a kick of getting shots completed and collecting the hurryups from them so they remain lit ball to ball. When I do it, I seem to really start building up scores. I still get greedy trying to double CIU collects, and it keeps costing me.

The game just seems able to meet my mood. If I want to just bash, I can just play multiballs. If I want complexity with risk reward, CIU. It just seems to scratch so many different itches.

#14166 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

How long does the honeymoon last?

I like to think of my MET as the mistress, so there is no end of the honeymoon and the lovin' never stops

#14167 5 years ago

What are these brackets for?

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 12.21.46 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-09-11 at 12.21.46 AM (resized).png
#14168 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

What are these brackets for?
[quoted image]

They help center the playfield in the cabinet as it is lowered.

#14169 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

How long does the honeymoon last? I’ve only owned MET for about 8 months now, but I still love this game. I’m still altering strategies on it. Lately I’ve been on a kick of getting shots completed and collecting the hurryups from them so they remain lit ball to ball. When I do it, I seem to really start building up scores. I still get greedy trying to double CIU collects, and it keeps costing me.
The game just seems able to meet my mood. If I want to just bash, I can just play multiballs. If I want complexity with risk reward, CIU. It just seems to scratch so many different itches.

I've had mine over 5 years and I have zero intention of letting it go, it's just that good of a game!

Rob

#14170 5 years ago

A while back I ordered the 3D snake mod, and as someone else mentioned it blocks the 2 upper rollovers. So I decided to try this, these are found wherever you buy car accessories. I screwed a L bracket into the back of the plastic mirror and used the already existing screw to hold it in place. Also I highly recommend these for your car!

65A2A1F9-537F-4537-AD08-DC7E670C7F16 (resized).jpeg65A2A1F9-537F-4537-AD08-DC7E670C7F16 (resized).jpegE604FEEE-8C7F-4786-AF0F-3C230786D297 (resized).jpegE604FEEE-8C7F-4786-AF0F-3C230786D297 (resized).jpeg
#14171 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

A while back I ordered the 3D snake mod, and as someone else mentioned it blocks the 2 upper rollovers. So I decided to try this, these are found wherever you buy car accessories. I screwed a L bracket into the back of the plastic mirror and used the already existing screw to hold it in place. Also I highly recommend these for your car!

That's a great solution.

I also tried mirrors like Ghostbusters (Pro), but ultimately ended up making guitar pick lights.

I have these back in stock.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Dirty Donny guitar pick lights for better visibility of upper rollover lane indicators. Pingraffix Snake mod (2D or 3D) blocks the view of the upper rollover lane lights.  These...”
2018-12-01
Tucson, AZ
Archived after: 44 days
Viewed: 298 times

#14172 5 years ago

Also restocked cheap fangs.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “For $7 bucks (domestic shipping included) I'll send you everything you need to add them to your snake. There's nothing magic about this. You can readily find the components yourse...”
2018-09-14
Tucson, AZ
7 (Firm)
Archived after: 107 days
Viewed: 351 times

#14173 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

That's a great solution.
I also tried mirrors like Ghostbusters (Pro), but ultimately ended up making guitar pick lights.
I have these back in stock.

Mod - For Sale
ELEVATED ROLLOVER LANE LIGHTS - METALLICA (PRO)New “Dirty Donny guitar pick lights for better visibility of upper rollover lane indicators.

Pingraffix Snake mod (2D or 3D) blocks the view of the upper rollover lane lights. 

These...”
6 minutes ago Tucson, AZ 30
zene10

I had wired up guitar picks only to find that they won't work with the met vault edition. I still can't comprehend why they won't light, but I guess it's a voltage difference or something. So.....I had to go back to my mirror. Mine is rectangular and I swiped it from my wife's makeup tacklebox

#14174 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I had wired up guitar picks only to find that they won't work with the met vault edition. I still can't comprehend why they won't light, but I guess it's a voltage difference or something. So.....I had to go back to my mirror. Mine is rectangular and I swiped it from my wife's makeup tacklebox

There is no such thing as a Met VE. Are you talking about the later LED runs?

#14175 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There is no such thing as a Met VE. Are you talking about the later LED runs?

Yeah, metal backbox. I like to call it my met ve

#14176 5 years ago

These pictures are of Lighted Speaker Panels for both Stern metal and wood paneled speaker panels. The wood size is being held, you can tell the wood paneled because of the square speaker area.

We are making Lighted Speaker Panels for wood Stern DMD panels as well as metal Stern DMD panels. The artwork is custom made to closely match the original artwork. The lights are full color LED with remote. Original speaker and DMD as well as lighted speaker kits and ColorDMD will work on both panels. It's hard to photograph some colors, but here are a few examples. Either panel will be $199.99 with artwork attached, and all screws needed for original speaker and DMD as well as lighted speaker kits and ColorDMD.

We will start having some metal paneled DMD Lighted Speaker Panels on our website next week, the wood paneled DMD Lighted Speaker Panels will be the week after that. Lightedpinballmods.com VERY LIMITED SUPPLY.

Here is the installation video for a Lighted Speaker Panel for a Metal paneled game. We will have an installation video for a wood paneled DMD next week. Installation is similar, but slightly different. The installation video is on a The Walking Dead with aftermarket lighted speaker kits. These panels DO NOT come with lighted speaker kits.

Thanks
Dan

0915181157_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0915181157_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0915181157c (resized).jpg0915181157c (resized).jpg0915181158b (resized).jpg0915181158b (resized).jpg0915181158b (resized).jpg0915181158b (resized).jpg0915181200 (resized).jpg0915181200 (resized).jpg
#14177 5 years ago

I just joined the club! Got my new in box yesterday. I noticed I have a light not working. It is bulb number 19 the orange colour one by the left roll over. I just did the lamps test in the diagnostic menu, is it supposed to tell me the lamp is not working? Not sure how the diagnostic test works.

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#14178 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

I just joined the club! Got my new in box yesterday. I noticed I have a light not working. It is bulb number 19 the orange colour one by the left roll over. I just did the lamps test in the diagnostic menu, is it supposed to tell me the lamp is not working? Not sure how the diagnostic test works.
[quoted image]

You can test the LEDs by making them light one by one, or all at the same time. Probably just a loose bulb. Make sure it is seated tight in the socket.

#14179 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

You can test the LEDs by making them light one by one, or all at the same time. Probably just a loose bulb. Make sure it is seated tight in the socket.

Thanks I will give it a try

#14180 5 years ago

The light all test is what I use the most. It makes all lights flash at a steady rate. You can put playfield in service position on rails or on the pegs. Keep the coin door open so u don't have high voltage crap on. Then you can fiddle with the one not working.

Carefully squeeze the clips on the side of the bulb socket and the socket will come loose and you can pull out the led "bulb".

Make sure the wires are not mangled. And push it back in the bulb socket.

Probably will come on. If not try swapping it with one thats working beside it.

#14181 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

The light all test is what I use the most. It makes all lights flash at a steady rate. You can put playfield in service position on rails or on the pegs. Keep the coin door open so u don't have high voltage crap on. Then you can fiddle with the one not working.
Carefully squeeze the clips on the side of the bulb socket and the socket will come loose and you can pull out the led "bulb".
Make sure the wires are not mangled. And push it back in the bulb socket.
Probably will come on. If not try swapping it with one thats working beside it.

I did take the bulb out and pushed it back in now it works fine. But I also noticed that the left ramp switch is not working. When I shoot the right ramp I get a Metallica letter and nice lighting effect but when I shoot the left ramp nothing happens at all. What could be happening here?

#14182 5 years ago

Adjust the switch at the top of that ramp

#14183 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Adjust the switch at the top of that ramp

How do you adjust the switch? Sorry I am new at this.

#14184 5 years ago

Just reassurance to @sixmillion, this is all normal. Ask as many questions as you need to get your game dialed in. All games need some tweaking at first...and from time-to-time. Good choice on the pin, you’ll have a blast with it.

#14185 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

How do you adjust the switch? Sorry I am new at this.

I will try my best to explain. This happened to me as well and I am a rookie at this pinball fixing.

When the ball travels on the ramp it engages a piece of wire that pushes the long metal strip on to a button. the metal has to engage the button to get a Metallica letter registered I think the strip isn't hitting the button at least that was my problem . Take some needle nose plyers and bend up the front of the metal so that when the "clip piece' moves it will engage the metal piece and push on the button when it moves. I think you will be able to see what I mean when you take the glass off and move on with your hand. You should manually be able to get a Metallica letter. If you don't get a letter then something else is wrong and I don't know how to fix that problem.

IMG_20180915_203439424 (resized).jpgIMG_20180915_203439424 (resized).jpgIMG_20180915_203452571 (resized).jpgIMG_20180915_203452571 (resized).jpg

#14186 5 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I will try my best to explain. This happened to me as well and I am a rookie at this pinball fixing.
When the ball travels on the ramp it engages a piece of wire that pushes the long metal strip on to a button. the metal has to engage the button to get a Metallica letter registered I think the strip isn't hitting the button at least that was my problem . Take some needle nose plyers and bend up the front of the metal so that when the "clip piece' moves it will engage the metal piece and push on the button when it moves. I think you will be able to see what I mean when you take the glass off and move on with your hand. You should manually be able to get a Metallica letter. If you don't get a letter then something else is wrong and I don't know how to fix that problem.

Atrain that was it. I bent the metal and now it is working fine. Thanks for this.
This community is great!
I have a few items on order, should be here and day now. Pinball life pinballs, snake tongue, mylar circle for Sparky magnet, blitz 1 grand wax.

#14187 5 years ago

Good luck and you will love the pin. There is a bunch of negativity on pinside, but a bunch of pinsider’s that will help. Ignore the negative and take in the positive. Pinside is a great resource.

#14188 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

These pictures are of Lighted Speaker Panels for both Stern metal and wood paneled speaker panels. The wood size is being held, you can tell the wood paneled because of the square speaker area.
We are making Lighted Speaker Panels for wood Stern DMD panels as well as metal Stern DMD panels. The artwork is custom made to closely match the original artwork. The lights are full color LED with remote. Original speaker and DMD as well as lighted speaker kits and ColorDMD will work on both panels. It's hard to photograph some colors, but here are a few examples. Either panel will be $199.99 with artwork attached, and all screws needed for original speaker and DMD as well as lighted speaker kits and ColorDMD.
We will start having some metal paneled DMD Lighted Speaker Panels on our website next week, the wood paneled DMD Lighted Speaker Panels will be the week after that. Lightedpinballmods.com VERY LIMITED SUPPLY.
Here is the installation video for a Lighted Speaker Panel for a Metal paneled game. We will have an installation video for a wood paneled DMD next week. Installation is similar, but slightly different. The installation video is on a The Walking Dead with aftermarket lighted speaker kits. These panels DO NOT come with lighted speaker kits.

Thanks
Dan[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that looks good, I'm gonna need one for my wood bb. But I'll have to take my Refinery plaque off and put it on the new one.

#14189 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just reassurance to sixmillion, this is all normal. Ask as many questions as you need to get your game dialed in. All games need some tweaking at first...and from time-to-time. Good choice on the pin, you’ll have a blast with it.

Quoted from dnapac:

Good luck and you will love the pin. There is a bunch of negativity on pinside, but a bunch of pinsider’s that will help. Ignore the negative and take in the positive. Pinside is a great resource.

Thanks for the reassurance @dnapac. Yes pinside is a great resource, it helped me on buying my new pin. And then when I got my pin set up and needed help with a couple of things you guys were right there to respond, kudos to all of you, I appreciate it.

#14190 5 years ago

** Specific Script/Request Number Sought; Pinball Browser **

Any Pinball Browser users out there happen to know the script number of the Seek and Destroy riff we hear during the match sequence at game's end, starring the puking snake? I want to hang a different MET riff there. My worry is that the riff is pulled from the script of the full-length song. In that case, replacing it will be all but impossible without also replacing Seek and Destroy altogether.

Thanks.

#14191 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Any Pinball Browser users out there happen to know the script number of the Seek and Destroy riff we hear during the match sequence at game's end, starring the puking snake? I want to hang a different MET riff there. My worry is that the riff is pulled from the script of the full-length song. In that case, replacing it will be all but impossible without also replacing Seek and Destroy altogether.
Thanks.

You can test by replacing the entire song and see if it changes the match background.

#14192 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks.

It pulls from the entire song.

Edit: Now that I think about it a little more, maybe it doesn't. I switched the random match call outs and Unforgiven , which plays after, but I never thought about the S&D riff.

#14193 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It pulls from the entire song.
Edit: Now that I think about it a little more, maybe it doesn't. I switched the random match call outs and Unforgiven , which plays after, but I never thought about the S&D riff.

I took a quick buzz through the sound files and I am pretty sure the match riffs are their own sound clips. I found the before ball plunge looping riffs. It sounds like half of the ball match S&D is at 0x380 and 0x524.

#14194 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

<snip>It sounds like half of the ball match S&amp;D is at 0x380 and 0x524.

The above scripts are callouts on the Premium code. Thanks though for looking into it.

The match script as it appears in the Premium code is 0x3C7 and is 7.075 seconds long. It's part of the fistful of scripts that make up the Seek and Destroy "bundle" and can be substituted without disturbing the rest of the song in gameplay.

#14195 5 years ago

Great! Thanks for sharing.

On a side note, there were quite a few horse sounds and some animation. Are these coding in the game somewhere or maybe an abandoned Four Horsemen mode?

#14196 5 years ago

I think the 4 horsemen sounds are during the Blackened mode

#14197 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think the 4 horsemen sounds are during the Blackened mode

This. It is quite obvious that the animations were intended for The Four Horsemen but that song was changed to Blackened towards the end of development.

#14198 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This. It is quite obvious that the animations were intended for The Four Horsemen but that song was changed to Blackened towards the end of development.

The game had been released for almost a year when the Blackened song was added to the code. Stern had a song vote and added two songs: Ride the Lightning and Blackened won. Four Horsemen came in third.

#14199 5 years ago

Lovin my new pin, this game is hard to score big points on for me. I find I loose the ball a lot on the left and right outlanes. Some guys (Bowen, deadflip) make it look easy. I think I need to learn nudging more. I still need to get my game dialled in though. Why is it that sometimes 2 balls get sent in the shooter lane, is there a fix for this?

IMG_5693 (resized).JPGIMG_5693 (resized).JPG
#14200 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Lovin my new pin, this game is hard to score big points on for me. I find I loose the ball a lot on the left and right outlanes. Some guys (Bowen, deadflip) make it look easy. I think I need to learn nudging more. I still need to get my game dialled in though. Why is it that sometimes 2 balls get sent in the shooter lane, is there a fix for this?[quoted image]

Nudging is key to pinball but it's definitely a skill. I don't know how the pros make it look so easy either. I can move my game a few feet over and it still drains lol. Easiest way to get big points in MET is do well in a CIU mode and cash out the jackpot with 2x multiplier. It really helps to learn the rules.

Two balls in the shooter lane sound like an opto issue in the trough. Fairly common issue. Try to reseat connectors down there and test all the optos in the switch test.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/284?hl=maclean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.