C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 434.
#14051 5 years ago

That stinks, they should send you a new replacement without a lot of hassle.

Or just have them send you $100 and apply it to wards a a ColorDMD. It is great on this title.

#14052 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Ask for a replacement DMD, put it in a box safe & then install a ColorDMD!

Where do i buy a color dmd from and are they easy to install?

#14053 5 years ago

https://www.colordmd.com/

It is easy and takes less than 15 minutes. Make sure you get he hardware for the metal speaker install.

#14054 5 years ago

Colordmd looks fantastic in MET. It's easy to install and requires no cutting, soldering, or any hacks. It took me a while to do it the first time because I took my time to make sure I was doing it right. In the metal backbox, it does sit about an inch back from the speaker panel. That's why you need to extra hardware kit to get spacers and such. Good thing is vireland is making a gasket to fill in that gap to give it a much better finished look.

#14055 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Colordmd looks fantastic in MET. It's easy to install and requires no cutting, soldering, or any hacks. It took me a while to do it the first time because I took my time to make sure I was doing it right. In the metal backbox, it does sit about an inch back from the speaker panel. That's why you need to extra hardware kit to get spacers and such. Good thing is vireland is making a gasket to fill in that gap to give it a much better finished look.

I was JUST going to plug his great product!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels/page/2#post-4551628

Go check it out. Nice clean solution!

#14056 5 years ago

Anyone else interested in trading a pro?

#14057 5 years ago

LED or LCD Color DMD for MET?

To those of you who have color DMDs in your METs, which version do you have and did you compare the two versions before you purchased?

And yes, I'm reading the appropriate Pinside thread on this topic, but the thread isn't MET-specific.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

Thanks.

Color.DMD (resized).jpgColor.DMD (resized).jpg
#14058 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

To those of you who have color DMDs in your METs, which version do you have and did you compare the two versions before you purchased?
And yes, I'm reading the appropriate Pinside thread on this topic, but the thread isn't MET-specific.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

I have and love the LCD version. Met has so many cartoon animations that look cool with the different settings available.

#14059 5 years ago

I've run both version in my MET and ended up going with the LED version

I've never been a fan of any of the modes other than dots and dots XL, so those other options that the LCD panels offer didn't really add anything for me. additionally, I liked the fact that the LED panel was the same form factor as the original dmd so you don't have the shadow of the LED panel behind the translite where it sticks up above the speaker panel. finally, I like the fact that the colors really seem to pop on the LED version.

however, these are all my opinions and yours may not align with mine

#14060 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

<snip>I liked the fact that the LED panel was the same form factor as the original dmd so you don't have the shadow of the LED panel behind the translite where it sticks up above the speaker panel.<snip>

Hmm. Good point. I often see LCD DMDs on location and notice the shadow they create at the foot of the translite. Some translites/backglasses have brighter bottoms, where a shadow is apt to be more obvious. Example: METLE!

Thanks YZ and JM for your input!

#14061 5 years ago

Thanks.
[quoted image]

LCD. Really love the Met colors for the lcd, personal opinion. Have read that the led on certain colors looks off/funny. That said, led pops more. If I was choosing without the ability to see both in the same machine, I’d go LCD for Met. I’d go led for other games...not Met.

#14062 5 years ago

Have the lcd and love the high res settings, looks awesome with the cartoon look. I also went with the lcd version because of all the other options it came with.

#14063 5 years ago

Thanks, DNA and Wild Bill, for your input!

Frankly, I don't know how I'll proceed. I typically like the look of LCD color DMDs when I see them on location. Still, I may get an LED display instead. Why? Well, I really don't want the shadow of the display taunting me at the foot of the translite.

Call me crazy!

#14064 5 years ago

Thanks, DNA and Wild Bill, for your input!
Frankly, I don't know how I'll proceed. I typically like the look of LCD color DMDs when I see them on location. Still, I may get an LED display instead. Why? Well, I really don't want the shadow of the display taunting me at the foot of the translite.
Call me crazy!

I just put an LCD in mine and I’ll be changing to a LED, shadow drives me nuts.

#14065 5 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the “shadow “ the dmd makes. I wanna see how bad it is, thanks

#14066 5 years ago

Do you have a metal back box? I have a wood backbox with lcd and dont have any kind of shadow.

#14067 5 years ago

LCD hands down on this one. The smoothed animations are great on this title. Same with my TWD and ACDC. I don't really like dots anymore.

I've got wood and metal panels and I have no idea what shadow you are talking about.

#14068 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Can someone post a pic of the “shadow “ the dmd makes. I wanna see how bad it is, thanks

I don't have a pic but I feel the complaints on this are overblown. I just put some foam weather stripping to close the gap and you can't tell at all.

#14069 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

LCD hands down on this one. The smoothed animations are great on this title. Same with my TWD and ACDC. I don't really like dots anymore.
I've got wood and metal panels and I have no idea what shadow you are talking about.

This. I have them in all of my games and have been reading this thinking "wtf are they talking about?"

#14070 5 years ago

Check this thread for some pics [Not my machine]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-mods-backbox-lights

I think the issue may be exasperated by the backbox LED lights as that is what I have in mine... mine is also the SmartDMD LCD which may protrude a little higher, I can lower it some, but in the end will go LED.

#14071 5 years ago

the original floro tube does the same thing because its set back in the head a little bit and the light can't [bend] around the top of the lcd panel. that's why I sold my LCD version and went with the LED version

#14072 5 years ago

Been trying for EOL and need some clarification. For the crank it up modes. What do I have to do before hitting the scoop so that it allows me to cash in the mode and go back to regular play?

Sometimes it offers me the cash in, other times it just increases the mode shots’ worth then spits the ball back out to continue the song.

#14073 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Been trying for EOL and need some clarification. For the crank it up modes. What do I have to do before hitting the scoop so that it allows me to cash in the mode and go back to regular play?
Sometimes it offers me the cash in, other times it just increases the mode shots’ worth then spits the ball back out to continue the song.

Hit 1 each
Snake
Cross
Sparky
Coffin

Then scoop and it should let ya have the option to cash out.

#14074 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Hit 1 each
Snake
Cross
Sparky
Coffin

To add to this the blue light over the scoop should be on after you’ve accomplished this... if the light isn’t on you haven’t made all your shots.

#14075 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Hit 1 each
Snake
Cross
Sparky
Coffin

And the large item inserts will light up once you hit each item once. That way you can easily see which one you need before you can cash in.

#14076 5 years ago

Just picked up a Pro last night!

20180829_192650 (resized).jpg20180829_192650 (resized).jpg
#14077 5 years ago

Welcome! You should get some magnet protectors as well as the extended Sparky plastic.

#14078 5 years ago

Premium translite is back in stock at Marco's.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-52E3-01

Dirty Donny is headed to the Ottawa Pinball Show http://www.ottawapinball.com/opgs , I hope it arrives before then so I can get it signed!

#14079 5 years ago

Is Metallica's flash drive pretty much the same concept as a Williams (Indiana Jones) Flash drive? I think I heard somewhere that they probably aren't? I need to test a mod I'm working on but my IJ is in a million pieces right now. I only have Metallica available at the moment. I really don't want to make a mistake and blow something up....Please advise. Thanks!

#14080 5 years ago

Blown pistons question. Do the pops factor into it? Or do I just need to hit the right ramp and then the piston target to get a blown piston?

#14081 5 years ago

Anyone add turn the page into the game and How did it work out?

#14082 5 years ago

I don’t think the ramp combo shot factors into it. But I believe you have to complete the fuel targets to light the piston target and that awards a blown piston when you hit it I believe.

#14083 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I don’t think the ramp combo shot factors into it. But I believe you have to complete the fuel targets to light the piston target and that awards a blown piston when you hit it I believe.

That’s pf multiplier unless it does both.

#14084 5 years ago

Going off of memory, but I thought the pops light the three targets below the dead end shot and they are collected as some type of bonus on that shot, unsure if that's only during blown piston, fuel, other.

#14085 5 years ago

Figured it out from the peeps at tilt forums:

Ending a combo in the FUEL lane will award a blown piston if the appropriate pop bumper hits have been completed.
10 blown pistons lights extra ball.

HOWEVER:

If you have three lights lit on the piston shot and end a combo there you should get three blown pistons, but there is a bug where you do not. You always get just 1 blown piston no matter how many lights are lit / flashing. I asked Lyman about it and he said, “I thought I fixed that. I will look into that bug again.”

#14086 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Figured it out from the peeps at tilt forums:
Ending a combo in the FUEL lane will award a blown piston if the appropriate pop bumper hits have been completed.
10 blown pistons lights extra ball.
HOWEVER:
If you have three lights lit on the piston shot and end a combo there you should get three blown pistons, but there is a bug where you do not. You always get just 1 blown piston no matter how many lights are lit / flashing. I asked Lyman about it and he said, “I thought I fixed that. I will look into that bug again.”

Another MET release would be cool! In the 3+ months I've owned my MET I've only gotten the Extra Ball from Blown Pistons twice I think, maybe 3 times. Getting 3 Blown Pistons for hitting the show when all are lit would be quite helpful!

#14087 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Another MET release would be cool! In the 3+ months I've owned my MET I've only gotten the Extra Ball from Blown Pistons twice I think, maybe 3 times. Getting 3 Blown Pistons for hitting the show when all are lit would be quite helpful!

Agreed. Now that I know more about the rules I wonder if I’ll be able to get that extra ball. Haven’t been close yet. Been close on the combos one, but haven’t got that one either. I need all three EBs to even have a shot at end of the line.

#14088 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

HOWEVER:

I thought V1.7 (which I haven't installed) fixed this. Someone should check

From readme - - Fuel lane now awards 1 blown piston for each lit light, instead of
1 blown piston for all three lit lights.

#14089 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. Now that I know more about the rules I wonder if I’ll be able to get that extra ball. Haven’t been close yet. Been close on the combos one, but haven’t got that one either. I need all three EBs to even have a shot at end of the line.

Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten the combo extra ball It taunts me every time I see the high scores flash by and Combo's is stuck at 20! I can get into the teens on a good game but haven't hit 20 yet. Completed my first CIU on ball one yesterday, fist time for that, had the second one lit on my extra ball for ball one and then went no where with that the rest of the way, I didn't even start my second CIU.

#14090 5 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

From readme - - Fuel lane now awards 1 blown piston for each lit light, instead of

I'll take the glass off and give it a try, I haven't seen it during game play and I shoot that shot a lot cause it feels good .

#14091 5 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Per Lyman’s quote. He thought he fixed it, but it appears it’s still a bug. I’ll test.

#14092 5 years ago

I have been confused by blown piston counts myself. I did a glass off test and what I found was that hitting the piston target (not just the rollover switch) at the dead-end channel awards 1 blown piston regardless of the number of pop bumper inserts lit (or flashing). This means zero lit = 1 blown piston as well as 3 lit = 1 blown piston. I can't figure out any purpose of the pop bumper completion inserts. They might be adding to the point bonus when a blown piston is added. I would have to check again. Also, it does not matter if the target is hit directly or with a combo.

#14093 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I have been confused by blown piston counts myself. I did a glass off test and what I found was that hitting the piston target (not just the rollover switch) at the dead-end channel awards 1 blown piston regardless of the number of pop bumper inserts lit (or flashing). This means zero lit = 1 blown piston as well as 3 lit = 1 blown piston. I can't figure out any purpose of the pop bumper completion inserts. They might be adding to the point bonus when a blown piston is added. I would have to check again. Also, it does not matter if the target is hit directly or with a combo.

So ten shots to the piston target to light EB? That’s it?

#14094 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Each bumper represents a piston and 10 hits on each bumper causes a blown piston. The associated orange insert will be lit and you need to ‘collect’ them here. Collect 10 blown pistons for extra ball. Never saw that happening though.
The spider arrow will be lit every time you spell FUEL to indicate you can activate 2X scoring. The loud engine will roar to confirm you’ve activated 2X scoring.

I thought this was the accurate description of how the blown pistons work. Never collected the extra ball myself btw.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope! 10 x 10 bumper hits + at least 4 x fuel lane. Not sure if the lane is enough or that target must be hit. Need to check this with glass off.

#14095 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Correct. Doing nothing more than triggering the target at the end of the fuel lane 10 times lights an EB.

EDIT: To be explicit, I tested on a Pro w/ v1.7 code. Perhaps the Prem code was forked off and behaves differently?

#14096 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I thought this was the accurate description of how the blown pistons work. Never collected the extra ball myself btw.

Nope! 10 x 10 bumper hits + at least 4 x fuel lane. Not sure if the lane is enough or that target must be hit. Need to check this with glass off.

Double nope back at you Try for yourself and you will see this is not how it works on current code.

#14097 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Correct. Doing nothing more than triggering the target at the end of the fuel lane 10 times lights an EB.
EDIT: To be explicit, I tested on a Pro w/ v1.7 code. Perhaps the Prem code was forked off and behaves differently?

Thanks. I’m a Pro on current code too.

#14098 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Blown pistons question. Do the pops factor into it? Or do I just need to hit the right ramp and then the piston target to get a blown piston?

Pop hits are what light more piston inserts which in turn are supposed to be 1 blown piston for every insert lit. But, it's just 1 piston still regardless of the inserts lit.

Rob

#14099 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Pop hits are what light more piston inserts which in turn are supposed to be 1 blown piston for every insert lit. But, it's just 1 piston still regardless of the inserts lit.
Rob

That would certainly be a cool use of the pops and fuel lane if it worked. Oh well.

#14100 5 years ago

I'll test this on my premium tonight as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/282?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.