C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 434.
#14001 5 years ago

Do the two orbits advance anything or contribute to anything greater, except other than in unrelated modes?

I feel like almost every other completed shot or switch hit contributes to some kind of progress. However ... do they? I'm unaware of it and never heard someone say they do.

Other thing is, does the Super Skillshot that you make have any influence? Like a bonus for that particular shot or an associated mode or something, or doesn't matter at all?

If no to both, maybe something in future update, as Lyman apparently still wants to update Metallica.

#14002 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I must suck. I've had the game for more than two years and I think I've only ever started a third CIU mode once.

I feel your pain brother!

#14003 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I had 2 CIUs in a single game once. Both of them were pathetic. I always get greedy and try to double it. I’ve also learned it’s the fastest way to lose your ball, yet I keep trying.

I have done 2 CIU, but I usually rush into the shots too fast and thus drain too quickly. I'm going to try harder once I get my game set back up in my new place. Maybe lower CIU requirements would help a bit?

Rob

#14004 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I must suck. I've had the game for more than two years and I think I've only ever started a third CIU mode once.

I've only started 2 a few times... Never 3.

#14005 5 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

So I was giving tallica a clean and blitz wax (shit it plays fast after blitz) and I noticed one of the balls is covered in hundreds of tiny dents? I'm guessing it's a bad ball, as the other 3 were fine. They were fine at last wax 500 plays ago.
I've now replaced all 4
Anyone else have the odd bad ball before

I have seen this condition only one time. I forget what machine it was, but I turned it off and left the operator a note to change that ball out before it ruined his playfield. It looked like a "moon" ball with all the craters and facets, and was darker in color than a normal ball. I assume it just wasn't hardened properly.

#14006 5 years ago

I just acquired a Metallica pro. Both orbits keep getting rejected by the white post up top? Shouldn’t that post drop down after you do skill shot? Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? It really kills the flow of the game. Thank you for any help.

#14007 5 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I have seen this condition only one time. I forget what machine it was, but I turned it off and left the operator a note to change that ball out before it ruined his playfield. It looked like a "moon" ball with all the craters and facets, and was darker in color than a normal ball. I assume it just wasn't hardened properly.

I saw this on a location game too. The ball looked almost like a golf ball. I told them about it and I think it got replaced.

Rob

#14008 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I just acquired a Metallica pro. Both orbits keep getting rejected by the white post up top? Shouldn’t that post drop down after you do skill shot? Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? It really kills the flow of the game. Thank you for any help.

This will fix your problem i guarantee it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/46#post-2277072

#14009 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

You may just have to adjust that post and coil. Make sure it moves freely up and down. If the playfield is ever banged around the bracket can become bent. There is also a bumper on the bottom of that coil, adjust that height. Adjust until the white post is flush with the playfied. If it's up too high it will stop the ball. Up it's down too low a slow rolling ball will occasionally stall in the divot. Hope that helps.

#14010 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Who here has made it to EOTL, the final wizard mode?
Rob

About half a dozen times. Pretty interesting mode but not really all that well coded IMHO. The key to getting their is to NOT play seek and destroy. Take your super skill shots to lock in lanes for collects and while in MB you focus on those lanes. You want to have CIU lit after every MB.

***spoiler alert***

- First thing to know is it is the 5th crank it up mode so you have to collect all your shots again. First time I finished my 4th CIU mode I was looking everywhere to figure out how to start it.
- All the main shots light Red. (at least on a prem/LE). You have to shoot all the shots to turn them green. Once they are all green (and if memory serves me correctly) you've hit the grave, casket, snake and sparky you shoot the scoop to collect.
- points really aren't that great and it is a one ball mode.

My one tip would be to not collect it to early after starting it (right scoop). It's fun but for how hard it is to get to it's kind of a let down to me. The animations are cool though. I find Encore in AC/DC much better (same difficulties in getting their). But out of the Lyman generation of games I put it towards the bottom of his efforts for a Wizard mode

#14011 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Do the two orbits advance anything or contribute to anything greater, except other than in unrelated modes?
I feel like almost every other completed shot or switch hit contributes to some kind of progress. However ... do they? I'm unaware of it and never heard someone say they do.
Other thing is, does the Super Skillshot that you make have any influence? Like a bonus for that particular shot or an associated mode or something, or doesn't matter at all?
If no to both, maybe something in future update, as Lyman apparently still wants to update Metallica.

On a prem/LE - They help you advance the Fade to Black CIU mode much quicker. I believe the pro compensates a little bit by giving you some extra shot for an orbit but nothing like the spinner. Outside of this, it's just a way to feed the pops to increase bonus X and your mystery levels. Or, more importantly, a VERY safe way to progress towards CIU if you can lock in either orbit lane, especially on ball one.

#14012 5 years ago

Does there exist a version of the Met manual other than the one currently on Stern's site? What is available currently is a crappy B/W scan versus the nice source PDFs the rest of the games have.

#14013 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Does there exist a version of the Met manual other than the one currently on Stern's site? What is available currently is a crappy B/W scan versus the nice source PDFs the rest of the games have.

I don't believe so Your best bet would be to manually copy over the higher quality pages from another SAM game (Spider Man for example) for all the common stuff that isn't game-specific, and splice in the stuff specific to Metallica.

I wish there was a higher quality color version available for Met.

#14014 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have done 2 CIU, but I usually rush into the shots too fast and thus drain too quickly. I'm going to try harder once I get my game set back up in my new place. Maybe lower CIU requirements would help a bit?
Rob

When I finally got the perfect game going to reach EOTL I had just watched a tutorial where the guy “got in and got out” of CIUs quickly by just hitting each of the 4 shots to allow a quick cash out. It’s not the greatest for score but you’re spending less time potentially draining and moving on the the next CIU progression.

#14015 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't believe so Your best bet would be to manually copy over the higher quality pages from another SAM game (Spider Man for example) for all the common stuff that isn't game-specific, and splice in the stuff specific to Metallica.
I wish there was a higher quality color version available for Met.

I also wondered why there isn't a better PDF. Searching for something is impossible!
You would think that there must be some digital version on Sterns network...

#14016 5 years ago

Dumb question...

How often do you change this style battery? Same timeframe as AA's from other machines?

#14017 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Dumb question...
How often do you change this style battery? Same timeframe as AA's from other machines?

lithium coin batteries are good for about 5-10 years

#14018 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

lithium coin batteries are good for about 5-10 years

Figured. Alert just popped up on my pinside email that I need to change batteries which is what made me think of it. I guess if it's the original battery, it couldn't hurt to replace it?

#14019 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Figured. Alert just popped up on my pinside email that I need to change batteries which is what made me think of it. I guess if it's the original battery, it couldn't hurt to replace it?

No you can just replace it. I would keep the machine turned on while replacing to make sure to not loose your high scores and setting.

#14020 5 years ago

Any recent or hopefully soon NIB MET Premium buyers from this "Last Run" late July/Aug batch? Been on the waiting list since May, maybe someone has some info on these status wise ? Seeing Deadpool hitting production lines has me worried.

#14021 5 years ago

I just got my Metallica monsters premium from the latest run , it was shipped to my distributor in Canada last Wednesday.

#14022 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Bypassing Sparky MB Intro? **
I realize I'm likely in the minority, but I would like to make whatever adjustments to MET I can to minimize the presence of Sparky - in particular his callouts and the long Sparky MB intro. Pinball Browser can help, I know, but is there a gameplay setting that would bypass/omit the long intro to Sparky MB? The animation is an homage to MB. Fine. And Sparky's bobble-head gyrations are his one moment to shine. I get that. But I don't really need to stand there waiting for ten seconds before my MB starts. I suspect I can disable the Sparky magnet, and I would then have something to do (getting control of the ball) while waiting for the intro to run, but I would rather bypass it altogether. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

I've confirmed that with pinvol, if you change the volume with the buttons, it bypasses Sparky. I'll never use it, but at least we know.

#14023 5 years ago

Or u can just wait ten seconds and have a sip of beer!

#14024 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Or u can just wait ten seconds and have a sip of beer!

Yeah totally haha. It’s not that long of a sequence. That’s my beer sippin chance also! Wipe the sweat off your hands, sip of beer and get ready lol.

#14025 5 years ago

Anyone interested in trading a Metallica pro for a mint HUO POTC that is loaded, please let me know.

There is an ad with pics of the potc, topper, flipper fidelity speakers, side blades, color dmd and the entire machine is perfect.

#14026 5 years ago

I might, but im pretty far from you.

#14027 5 years ago

Ok, so the next question

How many of you reach Blackened or Seek and Destroy?

Blackened seems tougher to get to... S&D not too bad if you concentrate on completing the ramp inserts.

I love the S&D music intro! Blackened is very cool too!

Rob

#14028 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok, so the next question
Blackened seems tougher to get to... S&D not too bad if you concentrate on completing the ramp inserts.
Rob

I’ve reached both a handful of times, all when my score exceeds 200MM it seems, high score is only ~325MM with all default settings though and haven’t sniffed EOTL yet.

#14029 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok, so the next question
Rob

I’ve deliberately made reaching Blackened a little bit easier through settings. That way I can enjoy it more often. Really like the animations and lightshow. Especially on Total Lightshow mod!

By the way: good to read here that not everybody is scoring easily hundreds of millions. My GC is around 250mil, reached a third CIU once, but my biggest issue is collecting jackpots. For some reason I’ve a hard time shooting the scoop when it really counts.

Great game! Really like the moment when the game really “blows up” when casket multiball is going and you manage to combine it with snake multiball for instance!
FRANTIC! (another great Metallica song )

#14030 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I’ve deliberately made reaching Blackened a little bit easier through settings. That way I can enjoy it more often. Really like the animations and lightshow. Especially on Total Lightshow mod!
By the way: good to read here that not everybody is scoring easily hundreds of millions. My GC is around 250mil, reached a third CIU once, but my biggest issue is collecting jackpots. For some reason I’ve a hard time shooting the scoop when it really counts.
Great game! Really like the moment when the game really “blows up” when casket multiball is going and you manage to combine it with snake multiball for instance!
FRANTIC! (another great Metallica song )

MET has it all honestly. Its a great shooting game with tons of flow and i love the inline drop targets. I wish more games had them. It also has great animations and toys and art and the crank it up modes are awesome. Just a great great game any way you look at it.

#14031 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I might, but im pretty far from you.

How far?

#14032 5 years ago

So my magnetic screwdriver wasn't as magnetic as it claimed to be on the handle...

Can anyone tell me what size the screw holding the spotlight here is?

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 2.43.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-19 at 2.43.43 PM (resized).png
#14033 5 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

So my magnetic screwdriver wasn't as magnetic as it claimed to be on the handle...
Can anyone tell me what size the screw holding the spotlight here is?[quoted image]

I would be finding out where that screw is. Did it fall into your ball trough maybe?

#14035 5 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Can anyone tell me what size the screw holding the spotlight here is?[quoted image]

Same as what the one is on the left sling

If memory serves me correctly it's a 6x32 by 3/8. Take the left one out and run to home depot just to be sure.

But as mentioned, you want to find it. Can do some harm if it gets stuck where power can reach it.

#14036 5 years ago

I had the left spot light bulb pop out yesterday and land in the trough area, but still on the playfield. I quickly trapped the ball to avoid anything from happening but as luck would have it, opening the coin door caused the high voltage to go out, drop the flipper and drain the ball (of course, which hit the bulb and sent it into the trough with the ball following behind

fast forward to 15 mins of trying to get the last ball out of the trough so that I could use some tiny craftsman screwdrivers and "walk" the bulb back to the left edge of the trough (center of the playfield) where I could fish it out by hand.

at least that was an easier fix than when the ball baron chromium balls got so magnetized that 3 of them were almost permanently fused inside the subway and would not move. that one left me dumbfounded until I had the throught to force more [new] balls into the subway to push the magnetized ones through

#14037 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I had the left spot light bulb pop out yesterday and land in the trough area, but still on the playfield. I quickly trapped the ball to avoid anything from happening but as luck would have it, opening the coin door caused the high voltage to go out, drop the flipper and drain the ball (of course, which hit the bulb and sent it into the trough with the ball following behind
fast forward to 15 mins of trying to get the last ball out of the trough so that I could use some tiny craftsman screwdrivers and "walk" the bulb back to the left edge of the trough (center of the playfield) where I could fish it out by hand.
at least that was an easier fix than when the ball baron chromium balls got so magnetized that 3 of them were almost permanently fused inside the subway and would not move. that one left me dumbfounded until I had the throught to force more [new] balls into the subway to push the magnetized ones through

Get this and thank me later Every pinhead should have one in their toolbox.

https://www.harborfreight.com/15-lb-capacity-telescoping-magnetic-pickup-tool-95933.html

These can be a lifesaver as well. I know HF has them but just can't find them online to link them for you though. But here it is from another company for about the same price.

https://www.toolusa.com/products/s1-04036?variant=10165876949035&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyZDVoez73AIVCS9pCh3gZAYoEAkYCSABEgKkHPD_BwE

#14038 5 years ago

I got a couple of those telescoping magnetic pick-up tools, but they don't work for the trough where it's curved and you need to get the magnet end to

I guess I need to find a flexible magnetic end tool

#14039 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

There’s an option to enable ball save upon coin door opening! Saved my game a few times!
The machine just gives you a new ball once the coin door is closed again.

#14040 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Get this and thank me later Every pinhead should have one in their toolbox.
https://www.harborfreight.com/15-lb-capacity-telescoping-magnetic-pickup-tool-95933.html
These can be a lifesaver as well. I know HF has them but just can't find them online to link them for you though. But here it is from another company for about the same price.
https://www.toolusa.com/products/s1-04036?variant=10165876949035&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyZDVoez73AIVCS9pCh3gZAYoEAkYCSABEgKkHPD_BwE

I just taped a magnet on the end of a long zip tie and it's been in my toolbox for 15 years. Works like a charm and is flexible!

Rob

#14041 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I got a couple of those telescoping magnetic pick-up tools, but they don't work for the trough where it's curved and you need to get the magnet end to

See previous reply. Tape a magnet to the end of a long zip tie.

Rob

#14042 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Any recent or hopefully soon NIB MET Premium buyers from this "Last Run" late July/Aug batch? Been on the waiting list since May, maybe someone has some info on these status wise

I'm in the same position as you for my NIB MET Premium. I've ordered mine from MI Pinball Refinery who gets his shipment from CoinTaker. It was told by Steve a new Batch from the "last run" was already routed to CoinTaker via trucks back on 8/7/2018.

So, it appears its actually happening, but I have not seen a lot of distributors change their website advertising for them. Perhaps many of them are spoken for. Luckily, you already sealed yours in May.

Soon, we both will have our NIB MET Premium and then I can use this thread to ask questions how to get to EOTL.

#14043 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I had the left spot light bulb pop out yesterday and land in the trough area

Read this thread about how to put a piece of electric tape around the base of the bulb so it will NEVER pop out again. Every time I have a spot light or other horizontal bulb fall out, I use this method to secure it forever.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights

#14044 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Marco has Sparky's in stock again. I had thought about picking one up as a spare but just can't justify the $$$ for a part I may never need.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7810-00

cheaper @ pinballlife.com ($199.95)
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3244

#14045 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4899

#14046 5 years ago

I just bought a metallica premium nib. Is the vertical pixelation line on the screen on the left normal or is this abnormal? It is avertical line between cross and electric chair. Thanks for the input.

E55556E4-7CDD-4B29-BCB1-3A16E8525027 (resized).jpegE55556E4-7CDD-4B29-BCB1-3A16E8525027 (resized).jpeg
#14047 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I just bought a metallica premium nib. Is the vertical pixelation line on the screen on the left normal or is this abnormal? It is avertical line between cross and electric chair. Thanks for the input.
[quoted image]

No that's not normal. Turn the game off, unplug the dmd, plug it back in and turn the game back on and see if that helped.

#14048 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

[quoted image]

Nope. Should be all black. Sorry looks like you need to get stern/distro to send ya a new dmd.

#14049 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

[quoted image]

Ask for a replacement DMD, put it in a box safe & then install a ColorDMD!

#14050 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

[quoted image]

as others have pointed out, one of the blocks has a bad LED element (it looks like it's the 4th vertical element in the 2nd block [the block where there is one dot not slightly lit])

bad dot (resized).jpgbad dot (resized).jpg

the way that the screen is "painted" (row/column matrix) is causing residual voltage leakage to the rest of the pixel elements in that column.

it's a relatively easy fix if you have a replacement block (available from stern) & a desolder gun, but if your machine is still under warranty your best bet is to put in a ticket and get it replaced

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 149.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/281?hl=monte_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.