C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 434.
#13951 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s de energized...but I think if you hit the shot enough, you can re energize it...but I can’t prove that as I’m not that good . Someone else may have a more concrete answer.

I answered this a few posts back...

And yes there’s a time limit for collecting the super jackpot.

The magnet is de-energized once that locked ball goes thru the opto right above it. That’s why backhanding is dangerous since it may not have the strength to do that when it’s not a clean shot.

#13952 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So I was hoping that replacing all magnet coils and magnet board would fix the issues with the hammer coil, but the new board makes a high pitched screeching sound. This occurs when the magnet is in detect mode. When in holding or grabbing mode the magnet makes a vibrating sound. I'm less concerned about the vibrating sound as that could perhaps just be an issue with not tightening firm enough (replacing that magnet coil was a bit of a pain). However, that high pitch certainly can't be normal. Unfortunately, I've yet to see the hammer magnet working properly on my Metallica Premium.

The high pitched noise is normal.

Rob

#13953 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yup, totally sucks. You go from rocking a multiball to loosing it all...and there’s nothing you can do about it...but there is always an element of luck (or bad luck in this case) with Pinball.

Reminds of LotR when trying to destroy the ring, and 2 balls getting stuck in the ring magnet on the final shot. At least you can change the setting to "1 ball destroy the ring".

#13954 5 years ago

So I was giving tallica a clean and blitz wax (shit it plays fast after blitz) and I noticed one of the balls is covered in hundreds of tiny dents? I'm guessing it's a bad ball, as the other 3 were fine. They were fine at last wax 500 plays ago.
I've now replaced all 4
Anyone else have the odd bad ball before?

#13955 5 years ago

I've looked around and can't find this but I am sure it is out there, so sorry in advance if this is a duplicate question.

What do the lights indicate around the fuel spider arrow? I understand the other spider arrows and collecting the cross, snake, and electricity. I just don't understand this arrow. Thx.

IMG_20180804_193223922 (resized).jpgIMG_20180804_193223922 (resized).jpg

#13956 5 years ago

They are blown pistons when lit. Basically pop bumper progress.

#13957 5 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I've looked around and can't find this but I am sure it is out there, so sorry in advance if this is a duplicate question.
What do the lights indicate around the fuel spider arrow? I understand the other spider arrows and collecting the cross, snake, and electricity. I just don't understand this arrow. Thx.
[quoted image]

Each bumper represents a piston and 10 hits on each bumper causes a blown piston. The associated orange insert will be lit and you need to ‘collect’ them here. Collect 10 blown pistons for extra ball. Never saw that happening though.

The spider arrow will be lit every time you spell FUEL to indicate you can activate 2X scoring. The loud engine will roar to confirm you’ve activated 2X scoring.

#13958 5 years ago

Well I have bettered what people have said about having two balls trapped on the cross magnet. I'd actually had three balls in play and thought I'd try a backhand flip to knock the captured ball free but the flipped ball was too weak and became captured. I figured it was a worth while risk as I had another ball in play. Well my third ball shot to dislodge the balls was also too weak and so I had three balls locked. DOH

#13959 5 years ago

** Bypassing Sparky MB Intro? **

I realize I'm likely in the minority, but I would like to make whatever adjustments to MET I can to minimize the presence of Sparky - in particular his callouts and the long Sparky MB intro. Pinball Browser can help, I know, but is there a gameplay setting that would bypass/omit the long intro to Sparky MB? The animation is an homage to MB. Fine. And Sparky's bobble-head gyrations are his one moment to shine. I get that. But I don't really need to stand there waiting for ten seconds before my MB starts. I suspect I can disable the Sparky magnet, and I would then have something to do (getting control of the ball) while waiting for the intro to run, but I would rather bypass it altogether. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#13960 5 years ago

^^^^ Double flip.

#13961 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

^^^^ Double flip.

I don't think this works for the Sparky multiball intro. As far as I know, you have to sit through the entire thing.

#13962 5 years ago

I think adding a double flip cancellation to the sparky intro would be a good idea.

#13963 5 years ago

I enjoy the intro. Every. Single. Time.

#13964 5 years ago

No way to bypass. I like the break though - it doesn't happen that often.

#13965 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I enjoy the intro. Every. Single. Time.

I love it when he says " Fry that Mother F*cker!" I wish i could make it say that every time.

#13966 5 years ago

I went with these mods...

20180805_123946 (resized).jpg20180805_123946 (resized).jpg20180805_124005 (resized).jpg20180805_124005 (resized).jpg20180805_124044 (resized).jpg20180805_124044 (resized).jpg
#13967 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I went with these mods...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Cemetery arch mod by the Mezels kicks ass. I put it on mine and can't imagine it without it now.

#13968 5 years ago

There is no way to bypass the Sparky intro. I like it but it would be great if Lyman could code in a setting to disable it.

I think a lot of players don't know about this.... When you start 2x at the Piston lane it's 20 seconds. Every time you shoot the Piston lane during that time it resets the timer. You can theoretically keep that 2x running indefinitely. On the premium and LE it's much easier to tell when this is running because the spider insert turns purple. On the pro it is red just like all the other spider inserts.

#13969 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There is no way to bypass the Sparky intro. I like it but it would be great if Lyman could code in a setting to disable it.

I don't know why some people are so annoyed by stuff like this which they claim 'slows down the game'. Might as well put in code for when you press start it immediately goes into game over mode. Now that plays 'fast'!

Rob

#13970 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love it when he says " Fry that Mother F*cker!" I wish i could make it say that every time.

That callout and "Jack f'in pot!" are my favs

#13971 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yep for sure lol. MET is an awesome game!

#13972 5 years ago

Yeah...getting 2-3 Sparky multiballs in a game for most is not that often so not a big deal...the animation is cool. Yeah I have seen it a few hundred times so now it’s a good break to take drink.

#13973 5 years ago

Jack F’in Pot is the best callout in the game. Especially when I’m trying to get it with 4x scoring. It’s fine when it happens by accident. But when I’m attempting to get it, and do, bliss.

#13974 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't think this works for the Sparky multiball intro. As far as I know, you have to sit through the entire thing.

Yes it does or at least it does on my game. You do need to do this near the beginning else it will go through the whole sequence.

#13975 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Yes it does or at least it does on my game. You do need to do this near the beginning else it will go through the whole sequence.

Odd... I've never been able to cancel the sparky multiball intro.

#13976 5 years ago

Odd... I've never been able to cancel the sparky multiball intro.

My bad guys just tried it and failed. It must be on the odd occasions when the magnet fails to trap the ball during activation and if you double flip out maybe just flip a lot it will bypass the animation. Sorry

#13977 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

My bad guys just tried it and failed. It must be on the odd occasions when the magnet fails to trap the ball during activation and if you double flip out maybe just flip a lot it will bypass the animation. Sorry

If this happens and you hit a jackpot it will end the animation. I've done that a few times. I'm pretty sure this is what I was thinking about when I thought you could double flip out of the animation.

#13978 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There is no way to bypass the Sparky intro.

I could swear that you can't bypass the intro the 1st time in a game, but can on the 2nd and future sparky multi-balls (during the same game) by holding both flippers

#13979 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I could swear that you can't bypass the intro the 1st time in a game, but can on the 2nd and future sparky multi-balls (during the same game) by holding both flippers

I can go test that...

Nope. There is no cancellation on the 2nd or 3rd Sparky multiball.

#13980 5 years ago

I believe you can only bypass the Sparky animation with a double-flip if the magnet doesn't catch the ball and a playfield switch is triggered.

#13981 5 years ago

My wife just texted that she lost a ball on our Met in one of the multiballs...ball search didn’t find it and she tilted it which ended the game. She’s trying to beat my score before our tournament ends...now she has to wait for me to get home to find it. It’s good when the wife loves pinball too.

#13982 5 years ago

Finally got my MET mojo back after that embarrassment in the finals at TPF. I cheated though and put the standard outlane post back in as the mini ones were kicking my butt...
20180806_220744 (resized).jpg20180806_220744 (resized).jpg20180806_220752 (resized).jpg20180806_220752 (resized).jpg

#13983 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ugh. I just walked into my gameroom and noticed that the head decals on my MET LED have peeled off half way. Is there some better glue for that, or do I need to get in touch with Stern and buy new ones?
[quoted image]

Well that was a bit of a saga. Chas had sent me decals, but they were the wrong ones (for the old style backbox). After the right ones were sent (thanks Chas!), I sort of dragged my feet. However my Metallica is going to a show this weekend, so I dug in and out on new backbox decals.

It wasn’t nearly as bad as I feared it would be. I cleaned the backbox with alcohol. Then did a very light sanding to give it a key. Then another good cleaning with alcohol and clean rags until I felt it was ready.

I started with painters tape getting it in position I was happy with while it still had the backing on it. When I was satisfied with the position, I pulled the backing off the top inch and folded it under. Then some careful placement, and I had a good starting point. I then checked everything again, and moved the tape to the top. Finally I reached under and started peeling the backing while working the decal down with a microfiber cloth. I kept checking my position along the way, and was really careful to not get air bubbles under it.

Overall I’m happy with it. And I really was tired of just seeing the black side of the head.

Pardon the crappy picture. The game is in my garage for loading tomorrow.

Prepped surface:

5547DA7F-7A9B-40FA-9877-80909EF95F27 (resized).jpeg5547DA7F-7A9B-40FA-9877-80909EF95F27 (resized).jpeg

The end result:

BCC8C388-A48D-47C6-A799-114349B8A8AC (resized).jpegBCC8C388-A48D-47C6-A799-114349B8A8AC (resized).jpeg

#13984 5 years ago

I have noticed that a few MET LE owners have their certificates in a frame. Did the game come with this? My certificate is just in plastic. Also something interesting, is that playfields are 1 of 500 but do not seem to coordinate to the certificates!

#13985 5 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I have noticed that a few MET LE owners have their certificates in a frame. Did the game come with this? My certificate is just in plastic.

The LE certificates never come with a frame. That's something people bought to put them in.

#13986 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well that was a bit of a saga. Chas had sent me decals, but they were the wrong ones (for the old style backbox). After the right ones were sent (thanks Chas!), I sort of dragged my feet. However my Metallica is going to a show this weekend, so I dug in and out on new backbox decals.
It wasn’t nearly as bad as I feared it would be. I cleaned the backbox with alcohol. Then did a very light sanding to give it a key. Then another good cleaning with alcohol and clean rags until I felt it was ready.
I started with painters tape getting it in position I was happy with while it still had the backing on it. When I was satisfied with the position, I pulled the backing off the top inch and folded it under. Then some careful placement, and I had a good starting point. I then checked everything again, and moved the tape to the top. Finally I reached under and started peeling the backing while working the decal down with a microfiber cloth. I kept checking my position along the way, and was really careful to not get air bubbles under it.
Overall I’m happy with it. And I really was tired of just seeing the black side of the head.
Pardon the crappy picture. The game is in my garage for loading tomorrow.
Prepped surface:
[quoted image]
The end result:
[quoted image]

That's the way to do it. Were you able to save the old one? If so you could put it on something and make a wall hanger out of it.

#13987 5 years ago

Unfortunately when it let go from the side of the head it kind of rolled the glue side together. I tried to pull it flat, but it just tore. So it was trash.

I do have the wrong set still (old style), but it would be a shame to do anything with them, because eventually I’m sure I’ll run into someone with that style head that lost a decal. And then it will be their lucky day.

#13988 5 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I have noticed that a few MET LE owners have their certificates in a frame. Did the game come with this? My certificate is just in plastic. Also something interesting, is that playfields are 1 of 500 but do not seem to coordinate to the certificates!

gweempose covered the certificates but for your other question. Those are never related. The PF numbers is the number in the batch of PF's for that run with that PF mfg. Stern uses (or used) multiple mfgs for PF's as well. If someones PF number lines up with the game number that would be a cool coincidence.

#13989 5 years ago

There were some wondering how to skip Sparky’s multiball intro?

I saw Chuck perform a neat trick on a STDM stream on Twitch. Apparently the intro skips when changing the volume! My guess is he’s using some sort of external volume control.

Check it out at 27:08:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/294433530

Thanks @chuckwurt!

#13990 5 years ago

My 15 month old runs across the house to see the beginning of Sparky multiball. I’d never skip it.

#13991 5 years ago

Who here has made it to EOTL, the final wizard mode?

Rob

#13992 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Not many i bet and surely not me!

#13993 5 years ago

I have once about a year ago, I've had the pin about 3 years now.

#13994 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:Who here has made it to EOTL, the final wizard mode?
Rob

I have once in factory settings but I made it easier to get to for a little while and played it several times but never showed enough to get my name up. Now I'm back to factory

#13995 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Closest I have ever gotten was 3 CIUs.

thumb (resized).pngthumb (resized).png
#13996 5 years ago

Closest I have ever gotten was 3 CIUs.
[quoted image]

I had 2 CIUs in a single game once. Both of them were pathetic. I always get greedy and try to double it. I’ve also learned it’s the fastest way to lose your ball, yet I keep trying.

#13997 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I had 2 CIUs in a single game once. Both of them were pathetic. I always get greedy and try to double it. I’ve also learned it’s the fastest way to lose your ball, yet I keep trying.

I've never had more than 2 CIU either - did it 3 times. My high score is still only about 210M

#13998 5 years ago

I must suck. I've had the game for more than two years and I think I've only ever started a third CIU mode once.

#13999 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I have made EOTL once in the year I’ve owned my game. Was also one scoop shot away from a second time but I broke stride, cradled, and called my wife in to see it and bricked the shot with the reject going right between the flippers. That “almost” game still left me at my personal best of 814,000,000.

#14000 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

My 15 month old runs across the house to see the beginning of Sparky multiball. I’d never skip it.

Mine will be 5 in a few weeks and I always shout to him when a sparky mb is close at hand

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 12.95
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/280?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.