C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 434.
#13901 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Looking for advise or technique for avoiding / preventing drains in the left outlane. I seem to have a number of bounces from that metal divider in the inlane directly into the outlane. I'm just not used to nudging when the ball is looking to be heading away from the outlane, but then takes such a direct exit.

Play better!

#13902 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Looking for advise or technique for avoiding / preventing drains in the left outlane. I seem to have a number of bounces from that metal divider in the inlane directly into the outlane.

That's the famous "Borg Hop". It happens on a lot of his games. Very frustrating.

#13903 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Looking for advise or technique for avoiding / preventing drains in the left outlane. I seem to have a number of bounces from that metal divider in the inlane directly into the outlane. I'm just not used to nudging when the ball is looking to be heading away from the outlane, but then takes such a direct exit.

Seems to defy the laws of physics, doesn't it???!!!!! The ball will seem to have downward momentum into the inlane, and the little bastige will do a 180 and go back up and to the left of the lane guide and drain...

#13904 5 years ago

Looking to play better, but hoping there might be something specific I can practice.

#13905 5 years ago

Ride the lightning was released 34 years ago today, time to play to fade to black......

#13906 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Looking to play better, but hoping there might be something specific I can practice.

Use a forward nudge in that area, even when it looks safe. Same goes for Avatar, Guardians, Aerosmith, just to name a few. Specifically on Met, use a little left to right tap when the ball is coming out of the fuel lane. Some Mets are really bad about draining out of the fuel lane. Mine seems to rarely do it.

#13907 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Use a forward nudge in that area, even when it looks safe. Same goes for Avatar, Guardians, Aerosmith, just to name a few. Specifically on Met, use a little left to right tap when the ball is coming out of the fuel lane. Some Mets are really bad about draining out of the fuel lane. Mine seems to rarely do it.

Any tips for Sparky? Many times hitting him is a drain for me right down the middle

#13908 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Any tips for Sparky? Many times hitting him is a drain for me right down the middle

I dont have too many drains from Sparky doesn't seem like. Its the coffin shot that gets me most of the time.

#13909 5 years ago

I don't have many drains from sparky either. The only time I've really noticed it is during that rare instance two ball get stuck together.

#13910 5 years ago

Only drains I get from Sparky are when he throws it SDTM at light speed...the magnet occasionally does this.

#13911 5 years ago

Where are the 2-1/2"'s used on the pro?!

20180729_142808 (resized).jpg20180729_142808 (resized).jpg
#13912 5 years ago

Selling my MET pro in London Canada

#13913 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Selling my MET pro in London Canada

Keep the colour dmd fir the next one!

#13914 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

Check the sheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a1NWWHRFXhTAknLEbc5mDyzQKEl8zov5nmEd9mvF5Xg/htmlview#

Everything lined up for me using this.

#13915 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

Where is this kit from?

#13916 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Where is this kit from?

I dont remember off hand! Haha, but I think i ordered them from Marco. I'd take a pic of the front of the package but cant get to my pin til Tues.

I see titan recommends 2-1/2's for the slingshot rubbers on that chart.. but these aren't titan rubbers. Hmm, wouldn't that lose all the action of the sling?! Guess I could put it on and find out! That's the one I broke! Put a used one back on for now

#13917 5 years ago

That being said.. my MET is now on its third set of 2" slingshot rubbers.. has anyone used 2-1/2's on their slings? Big difference? For a few bucks I dont mind replacing them more often!

#13918 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That being said.. my MET is now on its third set of 2" slingshot rubbers.. has anyone used 2-1/2's on their slings? Big difference? For a few bucks I dont mind replacing them more often!

I use red 2 1/2'' titan sling rubbers on my MET and they're holding up just fine. I originally tried the 2 1/4'' set after reading about some other owner using 2'' titan rubbers that were short-lived. The 2 1/4'' set lasted for about a month (roughly 120 games or so) before it starting to break, but the 2 1/2'' ones haven't shown any signs of wear since I installed them two months ago.

As far as your "sling action" is concerned, I actually haven't noticed a change in the sling power since installing the larger set of titans. Like you, I was a bit worried about how the larger size would affect the ball interaction, but that worry quickly went away after the first game. If there's a difference, it's hardly noticeable.

#13919 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How often do you replace the rubbers?
My game is about 1,5 years old. Should I already replace them?
I’m not sure what rubbers feel like once they need to be replaced.

#13920 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

How often do you replace the rubbers?
My game is about 1,5 years old. Should I already replace them?
I’m not sure what rubbers feel like once they need to be replaced.

I'd say just visually inspect them when you're cleaning the playfield. Rotate around the posts and check the creases for slight cracks in the rubber. The slings rubbers are the first to go tho. My MET is now on route so if i can get more plays on the 2-1/2's without losing "sling action".. I'll put them on next cleaning!

#13921 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I got tired of changing the 2" all the time so went to 2 1/2. I adjusted the switches to be a bit more sensitive which made the difference between 2 and 2 1/2 basically nothing. Without adjusting the switches your slings will be slightly less sensitive.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

+1 on this but I actually like to use a slight up and to the left nudge. The bounce to the outlane comes when the ball hits the center of that metal guide. If you can get the ball to hit a slight bit off center it generally wont do that.

#13922 5 years ago

Is there a reason why the Sparky Magnet gets a bunch of dimples/dents in the playfield piece? Seems strange.

Thank you.

#13923 5 years ago

I would say the ball is harder then the magnet.....

#13924 5 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

I would say the ball is harder then the magnet.....

Truth! And it's completely normal, don't worry about it.

#13925 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Truth! And it's completely normal, don't worry about it.

And once it’s so hammered that you can’t stand it, the magnet core can be replaced easily.

#13926 5 years ago

Yes, it's a softer metal. You want it to dent vs the ball. Dented magnet core is cosmetic. Chipped or dented ball equals torn up playfield.

#13927 5 years ago

Thank you all

#13928 5 years ago

Yesterday I managed to shoot the ball up the fuel lane right before I collected my Crank it Up jackpot. But the jackpot wasn't doubled!
I'm not sure how the "blown pistons" work but does it only work when all three are lit?

I know for sure that one of those two times at least two piston inserts were lit and I heard the engine noise once I shot the ball up there.

Hopefully somebody can clarify this. Thanks!

#13929 5 years ago

You need to hit the fuel standups to spell FUEL, then when you hit the fuel lane it starts double scoring.

#13930 5 years ago

So I was hoping that replacing all magnet coils and magnet board would fix the issues with the hammer coil, but the new board makes a high pitched screeching sound. This occurs when the magnet is in detect mode. When in holding or grabbing mode the magnet makes a vibrating sound. I'm less concerned about the vibrating sound as that could perhaps just be an issue with not tightening firm enough (replacing that magnet coil was a bit of a pain). However, that high pitch certainly can't be normal. Unfortunately, I've yet to see the hammer magnet working properly on my Metallica Premium.

As (what I believe to be) a side note, while doing the disassembly of the hammer magnet, I broke off the piece indicated by the arrow. It broke off at the threads. I didn't see it labeled on the diagram, but my understanding is that this is a stabilizing bar that prevents the magnet and heat sink from rotating. I will eventually replace, but figure I should post just in case it has something to do with the issue. I don't think it does.

Not mine...
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Mine...
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#13931 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Yesterday I managed to shoot the ball up the fuel lane right before I collected my Crank it Up jackpot. But the jackpot wasn't doubled!
I'm not sure how the "blown pistons" work but does it only work when all three are lit?
I know for sure that one of those two times at least two piston inserts were lit and I heard the engine noise once I shot the ball up there.
Hopefully somebody can clarify this. Thanks!

You have to spell FUEL. It then lights that shot for 2X. Those 3 inserts below the lane actually correspond to the pop bumper progress.

#13932 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You have to spell FUEL. It then lights that shot for 2X. Those 3 inserts below the lane actually correspond to the pop bumper progress.

I'm sorry I'm still confused. Every time I spell F-U-E-L, the gauge on the lower playfield progresses. And when the gauge is completely full the Fuel mode starts.
But I don't have to be in an active Fuel mode to collect a double crank it up jackpot right?

#13933 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I'm sorry I'm still confused. Every time I spell F-U-E-L, the gauge on the lower playfield progresses. And when the gauge is completely full the Fuel mode starts.
But I don't have to be in an active Fuel mode to collect a double crank it up jackpot right?

Every time you spell FUEL the piston target will be lit for double scoring (purple insert). Spelling FUEL also lights the next insert on the fuel gauge in the center of the playfield. Filling that gauge starts the fuel mode, but is not required for the normal 20-second double scoring.

EDIT: I looked at the wiki rulesheet. The piston shot does other things too, including awarding a bonus from the pop bumpers (those smaller circle inserts) and awarding a blown piston if it's used as a combo. Ten blown pistons lights the extra ball. Unless you happen to be very close it's only worth shooting to start double scoring.

#13934 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Every time you spell FUEL the piston target will be lit for double scoring (purple insert). Spelling FUEL also lights the next insert on the fuel gauge in the center of the playfield. Filling that gauge starts the fuel mode, but is not required for the normal 20-second double scoring.
EDIT: I looked at the wiki rulesheet. The piston shot does other things too, including awarding a bonus from the pop bumpers (those smaller circle inserts) and awarding a blown piston if it's used as a combo. Ten blown pistons lights the extra ball. Unless you happen to be very close it's only worth shooting to start double scoring.

I love shooting the Piston Target on any balls returned to the flipper from the right ramp, I find it a very gratifying shot. I also find it very safe to shoot for. Occasionally I will fire it into the left sling when I miss and that will end up in the Snake for a nice accidental shot. I have my game set to default settings so there are not a lot extra balls available and I can use all the ones I can get, though that one I seldom receive... I should really stop shooting for it

#13935 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I love shooting the Piston Target on any balls returned to the flipper from the right ramp, I find it a very gratifying shot. I also find it very safe to shoot for. Occasionally I will fire it into the left sling when I miss and that will end up in the Snake for a nice accidental shot. I have my game set to default settings so there are not a lot extra balls available and I can use all the ones I can get, though that one I seldom receive... I should really stop shooting for it

If you can get dialed in on that shot it can be VERY lucrative. Those end of the line points grow throughout the ball and can be multiplied by the PF multipliers.

#13936 5 years ago

I keep getting a technician error saying there is an issue with switch 64 yet the switch seems to work fine and the machine has no issues when playing (except sometimes phantom hammers). Has anyone encountered this?

#13937 5 years ago

Question, while playing a game last night I cleared all 3 drop targets and hit the grave marker to start 2 ball multiball. Multiball began which obviously then clears the grave marker lane after the ball drops out. My question is, while you are in 2 ball multiball, what happens if you hit the ball into the grave marker area while all targets are down and the marker is left exposed?

#13938 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Question, while playing a game last night I cleared all 3 drop targets and hit the grave marker to start 2 ball multiball. Multiball began which obviously then clears the grave marker lane after the ball drops out. My question is, while you are in 2 ball multiball, what happens if you hit the ball into the grave marker area while all targets are down and the marker is left exposed?

It builds up the grave marker multiball jackpot just as all the other shots with flashing crosses. Once you’ve hit enough crosses during multiball, you can go for the super jackpot. James will tell you “shoot the grave marker!” Once you shoot a ball up there the magnet will hold it. You’ll need to shoot this ball of the magnet with your second ball and you’ll collect a super jackpot.

You can repeat this process for even more super jackpots. But I’m ready happy when I’m able to collect one of them.

Every multiballs has their own jackpot and super jackpot rules. Check:
http://tiltforums.com/t/metallica-wiki-rulesheet/228

#13939 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

It’s a jackpot. If you get it up there enough it becomes a super jackpot and the magnet grabs the ball. If you hit that ball off the magnet with the other free ball, that’s how you collect the super jackpot.

#13940 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s a jackpot. If you get it up there enough it becomes a super jackpot and the magnet grabs the ball. If you hit that ball off the magnet with the other free ball, that’s how you collect the super jackpot.

One word of advice. When going for the super jackpot (releasing the ball from the magnet), don't backhand it. The ball will most likely get stuck to the other ball and won't register a super jackpot.

#13941 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

One word of advice. When going for the super jackpot (releasing the ball from the magnet), don't backhand it. The ball will most likely get stuck to the other ball and won't register a super jackpot.

Agreed!! Drives me nuts when that happens. Have to wait for ball search to release the balls. Kills the vibe.

#13942 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Agreed!! Drives me nuts when that happens. Have to wait for ball search to release the balls. Kills the vibe.

Only seen this once but does the ball search trigger the super jackpot as well or is it lost then?

#13943 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Only seen this once but does the ball search trigger the super jackpot as well or is it lost then?

Pretty sure it is lost when this happens... very frustrating!

#13944 5 years ago

I always worry about frying my magnet as sometimes it takes me a while to hit that 2nd ball up there.

#13945 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

All is lost. Total bummer.

#13946 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

All is lost. Total bummer.

And the worst part? At least on my Met Pro, when the balls get released during the ball search, there is a > 50% chance they are both headed SDTM...

#13947 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

And the worst part? At least on my Met Pro, when the balls get released during the ball search, there is a > 50% chance they are both headed SDTM...

Yup, totally sucks. You go from rocking a multiball to loosing it all...and there’s nothing you can do about it...but there is always an element of luck (or bad luck in this case) with Pinball. One reason I’m so addicted to it!

#13948 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So say the first ball is at the magnet while energized, I hit it with the second ball and they both fall. If I hit a ball up there again will that repeat the process again holding the ball until it's hit again? Or after both balls come down is the magnet de energized for the remainder of multiball until it ends?

#13949 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So say the first ball is at the magnet while energized, I hit it with the second ball and they both fall. If I hit a ball up there again will that repeat the process again holding the ball until it's hit again? Or after both balls come down is the magnet de energized for the remainder of multiball until it ends?

It’s de energized...but I think if you hit the shot enough, you can re energize it...but I can’t prove that as I’m not that good . Someone else may have a more concrete answer.

#13950 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I always worry about frying my magnet as sometimes it takes me a while to hit that 2nd ball up there.

I think there's a time limit and the trapped ball will be released if you don't hit it with the other by a specified time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/279?hl=koos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.