C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 434.
#13751 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Can you post a video of in game play? Not exactly sure what problem you're having. Also, the magnet does not appear to be flush with the playfield. The ball should roll off and down the playfield when the magnet releases.

So when in a game it will only latch to the magnet when I adjust it to hold for X milliseconds after striking the captive ball. This is a setting that seems to activate the magnet after every hit, regardless of the game being ready to activate a ball. It holds it for a second then releases. It releases even if the ball is ready to be locked. To me it seems like it just never triggers that magnetic switch #63. I can place a ball by hand right on the magnet and it will not activate. Not sure the exact number, but after so many games or triggers without activating the games will display an error. Something like "Check switch 63. Out of service." I can reset it, but that doesn't help.

You are correct it's a little bit down. I guess to me that's a secondary issue. When the settings are as described above, the ball will catch and roll off 90% of the time. The 10% of the time it will catch then get stuck and go though a ball search. During the ball search process is the only time I've seen a ball load into the coffin. If it's ready to lock a ball the ball will say in the coffin, otherwise the game will just kick it back out.

#13752 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So when in a game it will only latch to the magnet when I adjust it to hold for X milliseconds after striking the captive ball. This is a setting that seems to activate the magnet after every hit, regardless of the game being ready to activate a ball. It holds it for a second then releases. It releases even if the ball is ready to be locked. To me it seems like it just never triggers that magnetic switch #63. I can place a ball by hand right on the magnet and it will not activate. Not sure the exact number, but after so many games or triggers without activating the games will display an error. Something like "Check switch 63. Out of service." I can reset it, but that doesn't help.
You are correct it's a little bit down. I guess to me that's a secondary issue. When the settings are as described above, the ball will catch and roll off 90% of the time. The 10% of the time it will catch then get stuck and go though a ball search. During the ball search process is the only time I've seen a ball load into the coffin. If it's ready to lock a ball the ball will say in the coffin, otherwise the game will just kick it back out.

Here are a couple pages to read. I've never had a magnet problem with mine so I don't have any real world advice for you. I do think I would suspect the magnet board first, even though the seller has said it was replaced.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-hammer-magnet-troubleshooting-question-multimeter

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/pinball-repair-fixing-metallica-lepremium-coffin-magnet/

#13753 5 years ago

Thanks, I think I've tried everything mentioned in those threads.

#13754 5 years ago

SIGHT AND SMELL OF THIS, IT GETS ME GOING!!!

Finally added Metallica Premium to my collection, very psyched to join the club! Metallica was a big part of my teenage years in the 80s.

Looks like I ended up with an early version? My speaker panel and apron look different than recent pix I've been seeing.

met_le (resized).jpgmet_le (resized).jpg

#13755 5 years ago
Quoted from vulture:

Finally added Met LE to my collection, very psyched to join the club! Metallica was a big part of my teenage years in the 80s.
Looks like I ended up with an early version of Met LE? My speaker panel and apron look different than recent pix I've been seeing.

that's not an LE, it's a monsters premium. and yes, it's one of the earlier wooden backbox models (just like mine

#13756 5 years ago

Um, I hope you didn't pay LE money for that, because that's a premium.

#13757 5 years ago
Quoted from vulture:

Finally added Met LE to my collection,

I really hope you did not pay for an LE & received a premium. On the bright side, you still have a MET Premium which is f'en amazing!

192 (resized).jpg192 (resized).jpg
#13758 5 years ago

My bad, I edited my post. Yes, it's a Metallica Premium, Monsters Edition. I thought "LE" and "Premium" were interchangeable, and there is a tag inside the machine that says Metallica LE. No, I didn't pay LE money for it.

Anyway, I am psyched, the kids and I are playing it a lot, and Metallica is awesome. Happy 4th, everyone

met_tag (resized).jpgmet_tag (resized).jpg
#13759 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Thanks, I think I've tried everything mentioned in those threads.

Do you have a shaker motor installed? If so turn it off and have test game and get back to us

#13760 5 years ago

User-built Catalog/Spreadsheet of MET's Sound Files for Pinball Browser?

I can tell you from experience that it's some serious drudgery to go through MET's sound files on Pinball Browser and catalog them, so I'm hoping some other eager customizer has already gone through at least some of them and then posted his catalog to share. I figure most customizers only bother to find the song tracks - a task made fairly simple if you ask PB to arrange the sounds by duration - but I would be grateful to see any/all catalogs, however comprehensive.

Right now I'm going through the files myself, then cataloging what I hear with a simple spreadsheet. I will happily share what I come up with when I'm finished, but starting with someone else's catalog will help me a lot, obviously.

Thanks.

#13761 5 years ago
Quoted from vulture:

Finally added Metallica Premium to my collection, very psyched to join the club! Metallica was a big part of my teenage years in the 80s.
Looks like I ended up with an early version? My speaker panel and apron look different than recent pix I've been seeing.

Hmm. A combo of Met acdc and Tspp, wheee have i seen this befor

BADFF601-4586-4DE3-97BE-3190A3777E60 (resized).jpegBADFF601-4586-4DE3-97BE-3190A3777E60 (resized).jpeg
#13762 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Do you have a shaker motor installed? If so turn it off and have test game and get back to us

No shaker, but I read that in a forum somewhere, so I turned it off in the settings just in case. No affect. PS: By default the shaker is on in 1.7 settings.

#13763 5 years ago

What does the shaker do in MET? I'm getting close to picking up a Pro model, and wanted to know if a shaker is a good addition to this game?

Also, how tough is it to install the Total Lightshow? And does it work/look exactly the same as Premium?

#13764 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What does the shaker do in MET? I'm getting close to picking up a Pro model, and wanted to know if a shaker is a good addition to this game?
Also, how tough is it to install the Total Lightshow? And does it work/look exactly the same as Premium?

Shaker is definitely worth installing..... As far as what it does...... It shakes

#13765 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Shaker is definitely worth installing..... As far as what it does...... It shakes

Hole pre-drilled for shaker?

And how about Total Lightshow. What's the install like, and does it perform the same as Prem/LE?

#13766 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And how about Total Lightshow. What's the install like, and does it perform the same as Prem/LE?

There is a lot of of information regarding Total Lightshow. In my opinion best mod and maybe even a must have for every Pro! I was blown away by how immersive the lighting becomes when it reacts to all sort of things. It can also become very moody during certain modes like CIU.

I haven’t played a Prem/LE before but based on the videos I’ve seen it looks the same. Total Lightshow even has more interactive effects then the Prem/LE if I’m not mistaken.

Putting it in your machine is very easy unless you’ve never opened your machine before and tried fixing something like replacing a bulb.
It is time consuming if you want to tidy up all the cables. It took me about 2 hours or so I guess.

I’d also recommend to extend Total Lightshow toward the flipper area to truly match the Prem/LE experience (except for the apron) but that does require you to temporary remove the flipper mechs from the playfield. If you’re not confident with this skip this part. Check the Total Lightshow page for more information (and required additional parts)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo

If you have any more question about this PM me.

#13767 5 years ago

I've hunted high and low for a fix...couldn't find one so apologies in advance if I missed a fix.

Problem: Dreaded F7 fuse blows once I turn on the pin. This started back in January and managed to get a replacement board. Things worked fine for a while. Then last month same thing. Chas graciously shipped me another board which I've just installed, and the problem persists.

Trouble-Shooting Completed: checked the ohms at the coffin magnet (reads 4.5) and checked the continuity in the wire going from the coffin magnet to the magnet PCB. Checks out fine.

Any ideas?

#13768 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have a premium vault and it was t nutted and ready to go. Empty plug waiting for it and all

#13769 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I've hunted high and low for a fix...couldn't find one so apologies in advance if I missed a fix.
Problem: Dreaded F7 fuse blows once I turn on the pin. This started back in January and managed to get a replacement board. Things worked fine for a while. Then last month same thing. Chas graciously shipped me another board which I've just installed, and the problem persists.
Trouble-Shooting Completed: checked the ohms at the coffin magnet (reads 4.5) and checked the continuity in the wire going from the coffin magnet to the magnet PCB. Checks out fine.
Any ideas?

Check the other magnets too. F7 controls them all.

#13770 5 years ago

Anyone replaced back box speakers with 2 x 4 ohms ?

I got a pair of nice Clarions i'm thinking of installing. Just have to muck around making standoffs to accommodate tweeter

I think the TDA2030A will be okay with load decrease to from 16 to 8 ohms.

Curious on feedback from those that have done it ?

is it worth the hassle ?

Thanks,
Ando

16 sp (resized).JPG16 sp (resized).JPG4 sp (resized).JPG4 sp (resized).JPG
#13771 5 years ago

Added the Cemetery mod and helmet wires today to my new MET Pro. Looking awesome...loving the Cemetery mod interaction! Thanks Mezels!!!

MVIMG_20180705_195110.jpgMVIMG_20180705_195110.jpg
#13772 5 years ago

Who's the go to for a color display for this thing?

#13773 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Who's the go to for a color display for this thing?

Colordmd

#13774 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Any ideas?

Well...must be Gremlins. Just got home from work, decided to take a look at the fuses. Put in another new fuse, working like a charm. Only thing I can figure is the new fuse I put in yesterday may have been burnt already. Guess maybe a good idea to test them before putting in. Weird!!

#13775 5 years ago

MET stern custom logo (resized).pngMET stern custom logo (resized).png
hell yeah!

#13776 5 years ago

I can’t beleive I ordered this thing! I yi yi
It’s awesome, but I clearly have a sickness for sweet ass pinball shit

078FE21B-9F5A-4540-8710-D86F6D5786FC (resized).png078FE21B-9F5A-4540-8710-D86F6D5786FC (resized).png
#13777 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Well...must be Gremlins. Just got home from work, decided to take a look at the fuses. Put in another new fuse, working like a charm. Only thing I can figure is the new fuse I put in yesterday may have been burnt already. Guess maybe a good idea to test them before putting in. Weird!!

I've only had F7 blow a few times in 4 years I've owned it.

#13778 5 years ago

Got to answer my own question today,

Just after I posted about backbox speaker upgrade a package arrived from Pinball Life
Awesome products ! Excellent service, Thanks PL !

In that box was Speakers and flipper buttons LED kits, Cool, no need to much around with standoffs

So before and after. Youtube, Not ideal test conditions, my lady said old one sound better, lol, oh well

So if you are considering this probably not worth it,

Before

After

Cl 1 (resized).jpgCl 1 (resized).jpgCl 2 (resized).jpgCl 2 (resized).jpgCl 3 (resized).jpgCl 3 (resized).jpgMet 1 (resized).JPGMet 1 (resized).JPG
#13779 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Got to answer my own question today,
Just after I posted about backbox speaker upgrade a package arrived from Pinball Life
Awesome products ! Excellent service, Thanks PL !
In that box was Speakers and flipper buttons LED kits, Cool, no need to much around with standoffs
So before and after. Youtube, Not ideal test conditions, my lady said old one sound better, lol, oh well
Before
After

The difference is small, but I agree with her. The "before" sounds better to me.

#13780 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I see you replaced the original 8ohm speakers with their 4ohm speakers. Not sure if they had you change the wiring to series or something but normally that is a not a good idea to increase the load, which can damage the amp. Two 4 ohm speakers in series would equal 8 ohms and be safe for the amp.

If your not satisfied with them you could ask about returning them.

#13781 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I see you replaced the original 8ohm speakers with their 4ohm speakers. Not sure if they had you change the wiring to series or something but normally that is a not a good idea to increase the load, which can damage the amp. Two 4 ohm speakers in series would equal 8 ohms and be safe for the amp.
If your not satisfied with them you could ask about returning them.

Thanks Neal,

Spot on

I sourced the Clarions locally, Pinball Life shipped the LED speaker kit which conveniently makes for a standoff

Yes SAM speakers are in series so the original load from factory is 2 x 8 ohms = 16 ohm load
Now installed Clarions reduced load 2 x 4 ohms = 8 ohms

I did not notice any improvement in audio level or quality.
So I do not see any gain to change back box speakers.
Even though cheap ass, the dynamic range and power handling of the factory units are fine.

I already have an upgraded cabinet speaker installed,
Next step was to install Pinbits sub kit , ( awesome product thank you Pinbits )
I used a cable tie to add some stain relief on those dirty big ferrite cores.
Hooked up and dialled in a bangin' sub I scored from a mate !

To bring the package together I also installed a Color LCD, (Hi Res mode set) Again another great product Thank you color DMD

This motivation was only made possible due to my IMDN LE arriving soon.

They will be the perfect pair and I want MET to stand up to that bad boy that is so near !

Ps,

Is it a problem to mount LCD hard up to panel ?
Seems to be okay.
Had a few drinks so ordinary play

20180706_150102 (resized).jpg20180706_150102 (resized).jpglcd (resized).jpglcd (resized).jpgsub 1 (resized).jpgsub 1 (resized).jpg
#13782 5 years ago

Gracias!!!

#13783 5 years ago

I love my Metallica Premium. But, is anyone else OCD about the left ramp being cool with the stylized "M" cut out and expecting the right ramp to have a stylized Metallica "A." You use the ramps to spell Metallica, so why not have the M and the A. Someone get me a replacement right ramp with an "A" laser cut instead of a second M.

#13784 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I love my Metallica Premium. But, is anyone else OCD about the left ramp being cool with the stylized "M" cut out and expecting the right ramp to have a stylized Metallica "A." You use the ramps to spell Metallica, so why not have the M and the A. Someone get me a replacement right ramp with an "A" laser cut instead of a second M.

I think of the M as more of a monogram, so it doesn’t bother me. M-A would have me looking for the rest of the letters.

Side note. I installed the DIY version of the spinner mod tonight. I wasn’t convinced it would make shooting band members all that much easier but after about 10 games or so if i can say it certainly does make it a lot easier to collect them. Not sure what I think about that. I’ve had MET for a couple of months now and have only managed to get to Blackened once so it would be nice to see more frequently.

Ultimate goal is purchase Total Lightshow and that I believe removes the scoring aspect of the spinners and just adds sound if I’m not not mistaken. The sound is so subtle currently I’m not enjoying ripping that ball through the spinners as much as I thought I would have.

#13785 5 years ago

Is there a "how to" to install a LE/Prem metal apron in a Pro?

#13786 5 years ago

Snakes got a weird diet !

Color LCD rocks !

Met cow (resized).pngMet cow (resized).pngmet sparky  11 (resized).jpgmet sparky 11 (resized).jpg
#13787 5 years ago

Why is there a cow...

#13788 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Ultimate goal is purchase Total Lightshow and that I believe removes the scoring aspect of the spinners and just adds sound if I’m not not mistaken. The sound is so subtle currently I’m not enjoying ripping that ball through the spinners as much as I thought I would have.

Yep, that's how TLS works with the spinners. I/we love the big bass hit when you spin them.

#13789 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Why is there a cow...

Hidden cows have been a running theme on pinball machines for decades. Where you been hiding, man?

#13790 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hidden cows have been a running theme on pinball machines for decades. Where you been hiding, man?

Of course, just never heard of the hidden cow in Met

#13791 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Of course, just never heard of the hidden cow in Met

During snake multiball...if you hit the snake, it vomits up various things. One being a cow.

#13792 5 years ago

Can someone enlighten me on the production status of this game? I thought they quit making the game years ago. I saw a recent ad for a pro version made in March 2018?! Is this possible? I don't remember reading about a vault version yet, and I can't believe stern has made a title for almost 5 years straight. That's incredible.

#13793 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

During snake multiball...if you hit the snake, it vomits up various things. One being a cow.

With Colordmd that's REALLY noticeable now.

#13794 5 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Can someone enlighten me on the production status of this game? I thought they quit making the game years ago. I saw a recent ad for a pro version made in March 2018?! Is this possible? I don't remember reading about a vault version yet, and I can't believe stern has made a title for almost 5 years straight. That's incredible.

I don't think they ever stopped making them. Website still shows them in stock. They must have a never ending license

#13795 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I don't think they ever stopped making them. Website still shows them in stock. They must have a never ending license

They renewed the license about 2 years ago.

#13796 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

They renewed the license about 2 years ago.

For how long?

#13797 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

For how long?

Nobody knows.... All I know is that Metallica has had the longest production run of any Stern. Any chance it will beat TAF? Probably not, but it's fun to think about.

#13798 5 years ago

The day has come. Where I am contemplating the sale of one of my treasured pins. MET PRO.

I own a Early Model, With Wooden Backbox, No LEDs, Snake Mod, and Shaker Motor.
The game is Documented Home USE only and about 2 years old.

What do you guys think it's worth?

#13799 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I think it’s worth... keeping

I know, stupid answer. But my MET has taken over almost all my playing time lately. I just added a playfield protector, Cliffy’s, a shaker, mirror blades, and a few smaller changes (already had color DMD and the green plastic protectors,and other mods). Great game.

#13800 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

The day has come. Where I am contemplating the sale of one of my treasured pins. MET PRO.
I own a Early Model, With Wooden Backbox, No LEDs, Snake Mod, and Shaker Motor.
The game is Documented Home USE only and about 2 years old.

Im in the same boat, had mine about 3 years and it doesn't get played as much as my others. I keep adding mods hoping it will spark something, cause i love the band so much. Too many other pins i want and not enough space.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 25.50
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/276?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.