IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 433.
#13701 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Think I got it. Thanks fellas. Put a little piece of sticky foam back there and test now works with playfield down.
Should I keep the foam there or try bending something? I don't want to break anything.

It may work now but it's not a long term solution. Did you look at post #9012? Bend that metal tab back up straight and remove the foam. Should last for quite a while.

#13702 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It may work now but it's not a long term solution. Did you look at post #9012? Bend that metal tab back up straight and remove the foam. Should last for quite a while.

this is the post that he's talking about:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3516368

#13703 5 years ago

Thank you for digging up that post.

#13704 5 years ago

Been in the club for about a week now and so happy to finally have one of these badboys! Such a great game. Added some snake fangs and mouth decal, creeping death side blades and ride the lightning UV lighting mod as well as the coffin skull insert. I'm loving it!!!
Made it back early from work today had to get a game in...turned the volume way down so as not to wake the wife, of course you can still hear the flippers...She showed up with coffee in hand and said, "see your having an acoustic set, huh..." Ha!

MVIMG_20180629_175103.jpgMVIMG_20180629_175103.jpg
#13705 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Been in the club for about a week now and so happy to finally have one of these badboys! Such a great game. Added some snake fangs and mouth decal, creeping death side blades and ride the lightning UV lighting mod as well as the coffin skull insert. I'm loving it!!!
Made it back early from work today had to get a game in...turned the volume way down so as not to wake the wife, of course you can still hear the flippers...She showed up with coffee in hand and said, "see your having an acoustic set, huh..." Ha!

Welcome to the club!

What UV lighting mod do you have? I don’t see the Pinball refinery strips on the picture. Is there a new option I might be not aware of?

#13706 5 years ago

My best score yet! This was done in Tournament mode...no extra balls. 75,900,000 for seek and destroy.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13707 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Welcome to the club!
What UV lighting mod do you have? I don’t see the Pinball refinery strips on the picture. Is there a new option I might be not aware of?

Thanks, yeah this game is awesome! the UV mod that I have is just what was available from the MI pinball refinery, which was just the strip that is at the back of the pf. Unfortunately the strips that go along the sides are/were unavailable. Which stinks, cuz I was really looking forward to getting them... If you know anywhere else where I may be able to find them, please let me know!
I wonder if pinstadiums with the UV flasher option would have a similar effect as an alternative?

#13708 5 years ago

I think it's time to change out the rubbers on my METLE. Are some kits better than others. Also, what balls that are currently available should I be looking at?

#13709 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think it's time to change out the rubbers on my METLE. Are some kits better than others. Also, what balls that are currently available should I be looking at?

I followed this chart for my pro, all Titan rings. I'm happy with the look and feel for sure. Shipping was super fast too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-improved-stern-metallica-pro-rubber-chart

Not sure how much is different, if any at all? On the PREM/LE though.

#13710 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I followed this chart for my pro, all Titan rings. I'm happy with the look and feel for sure. Shipping was super fast too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-improved-stern-metallica-pro-rubber-chart
Not sure how much is different, if any at all? On the PREM/LE though.

Just be aware that chart has the 2 rings on the exit of the top rollover lanes with the wrong size rubber. They should be 5/16 i.d. not 7/16 o.d. The posts are slightly larger on the bottom.

#13711 5 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Just be aware that chart has the 2 rings on the exit of the top rollover lanes with the wrong size rubber. They should be 5/16 i.d. not 7/16 o.d. The posts are slightly larger on the bottom.

The link to google doc has them corrected.

#13712 5 years ago

Anyone know roughly when Stern will stop producing MET?

I'm planning to get one NIB, but have to sell one of my current games first. Can't yet decide what I'm willing to part with. Most likely TWD since it's such a drain fest!

#13713 5 years ago

Looking at your games, defiantly TWD. I would also think you might want Iron Maiden over Met.

#13714 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm planning to get one NIB, but have to sell one of my current games first. Can't yet decide what I'm willing to part with. Most likely TWD since it's such a drain fest!

I'd love your TWD, but it will be another year before I have the funds for it Anything I've read doesn't leave me to believe there will be NIB MET's that long though. I'm not sure anyone can actually say with any confidence though if they don't know when the license ends. Stern would make them as long as they can sell them one would think.

#13715 5 years ago

Just joined the club! Purchased an original owner HUO machine. Couldn’t be happier. Want to give a shout out to Pinsider thatdangguy for a hassle free sale!

CA09140D-5F94-4FB1-BA31-CBDA3E7662AB (resized).jpegCA09140D-5F94-4FB1-BA31-CBDA3E7662AB (resized).jpeg
#13716 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Looking at your games, defiantly TWD. I would also think you might want Iron Maiden over Met.

LMAO

#13717 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Haha, while Maiden over MET?

#13718 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'd love your TWD, but it will be another year before I have the funds for it Anything I've read doesn't leave me to believe there will be NIB MET's that long though. I'm not sure anyone can actually say with any confidence though if they don't know when the license ends. Stern would make them as long as they can sell them one would think.

It's a tough decision.. I currently have AFMr up for sale, but have been playing it lately and am starting to reconsider.

#13719 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

It's a tough decision.. I currently have AFMr up for sale, but have been playing it lately and am starting to reconsider.

That AFMr would be tough to part with for me, love that game so much. Haven't played the re-make yet, but such a classic pin, you've got MMr too, LOTR and DI, TWD, really, really nice collection. Can't squeeze the MET in there somewhere and keep them all?

#13720 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

That AFMr would be tough to part with for me, love that game so much. Haven't played the re-make yet, but such a classic pin, you've got MMr too, LOTR and DI, TWD, really, really nice collection. Can't squeeze the MET in there somewhere and keep them all?

I can, but it would include a divorce

#13721 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I can, but it would include a divorce

Then you both would have three games. Yeah, you better sale one before getting another.

#13722 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Very nice collection indeed! But I’d sell MMr and buy Met!

(Did he really said that?!) Yep! I did!

#13723 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I never understood this. someone is looking to replace a game in their existing collection and have already decided which game they want but yet people feel the need to point out that what they want isn't really want they want (and that what I want is really more in line with their desires

me: so, I'm really thinking about asking out betty. I think that she and I would really hit it off
a friend: yeah, she's really cute, but have you thought about veronica? I think she's much sexier

#13724 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How do you know that he would rather have IMDN over MET? Lol. He already said he wants a MET.....

#13725 5 years ago

Cause i can read minds
thought he should play that one if he hadnt yet, just a suggestion. Sorry i will keep my thoughts to myself

#13726 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'd keep TWD as it has a different layout than most of the others (Fan). That can help keep interest in your games and if it's to drainy for you to have fun close down the outlanes and adjust it to make it fun.

For me it would be an easy and hard decision.

Easy - Would be MM or AFM since they are fairly similar in play
Hard - Which of the two it would be. I would probably put them both up for sale for the high side of market value. Which ever one sold first would go and I'd keep the other.

#13727 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'd keep TWD as it has a different layout than most of the others (Fan). That can help keep interest in your games and if it's to drainy for you to have fun close down the outlanes and adjust it to make it fun.
For me it would be an easy and hard decision.
Easy - Would be MM or AFM since they are fairly similar in play
Hard - Which of the two it would be. I would probably put them both up for sale for the high side of market value. Which ever one sold first would go and I'd keep the other.

I find it interesting that so many people suggest keeping TWD over almost every other game, yet it's rated lower than most games it is pitted against.

Maybe the ratings are weighed down from when the code was sort of shitty, or maybe people just like how punishing it is.

I'd say 70% of the time, I want to flip the game on it's side and just smash it to bits like that printer scene in Office Space. But the rest of the time, where I'm in Horde and trying to get as close to LMS as I can, the game is pretty intense and awesome!

#13728 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'd say 70% of the time, I want to flip the game on it's side and just smash it to bits like that printer scene in Office Space. But the rest of the time, where I'm in Horde and trying to get as close to LMS as I can, the game is pretty intense and awesome!

yeah, been there - done that

I had to sell my LE about a year ago, to save it from being "burnt in a fire". By me.

But i've just gone and bought a HUO Pro instead! (+RS with the change left over!) I needed Horde back, and hopefully we'll get some RED GI going with the Total LightShow too.

#13729 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I never understood this. someone is looking to replace a game in their existing collection and have already decided which game they want but yet people feel the need to point out that what they want isn't really want they want (and that what I want is really more in line with their desires
me: so, I'm really thinking about asking out betty. I think that she and I would really hit it off
a friend: yeah, she's really cute, but have you thought about veronica? I think she's much sexier

This is a public forum where people discuss daily topics such as pinball. How don't you understand this? I have not the time nor the crayons to explain to you how they work!

#13730 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

yeah, been there - done that
I had to sell my LE about a year ago, to save it from being "burnt in a fire". By me.
But i've just gone and bought a HUO Pro instead! (+RS with the change left over!) I needed Horde back, and hopefully we'll get some RED GI going with the Total LightShow too.

I personally prefer the Pro model on this game, just because of the sweetness of that left ramp.

Though I do like the spinners on the Prem/LE.

I need to put more time on MET to see if it is going to take the place of one of my current games.

#13731 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I find it interesting that so many people suggest keeping TWD over almost every other game, yet it's rated lower than most games it is pitted against.
Maybe the ratings are weighed down from when the code was sort of shitty, or maybe people just like how punishing it is.

I think TWD got hurt by the original code releases and improperly set up games.

Under current code and versions that don't go SDTM most of the time out of the pops it's a really good game. It's like Metallica in that way as the original code was pretty bad but at least with MET it also wasn't an (we will call it unfair) drain monster from just a simple plunge. Like MET Lyman really worked the code to be brilliant once you truly understand the rules (feels more complex than MET), it just had that nasty feed out of the pops. Get that corrected and it can be a great game.

#13732 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I personally prefer the Pro model on this game, just because of the sweetness of that left ramp.
Though I do like the spinners on the Prem/LE.

Also agree. Having owned both; I only miss the red GI of the LE, nothing else.

#13733 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Also agree. Having owned both; I only miss the red GI of the LE, nothing else.

You're both wrong.

#13734 5 years ago

2.5 years of ownership and I finally went all in!

A039DE21-36B1-4B7C-A82F-ABFEC2DA8409 (resized).jpegA039DE21-36B1-4B7C-A82F-ABFEC2DA8409 (resized).jpeg
#13735 5 years ago

Are the creeping death side blades a must have mod for this game? Are mirrors good on this? Just got a MET Pro LED with total light show. Need to update to color dmd but looking for other cool mods.

#13736 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Love the "game over" on the knuckles...
Great great great idea!

#13737 5 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Love the "game over" on the knuckles...
Great great great idea!

Thanks! I had like 50 other potential combinations and that one felt the best.

#13738 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Are the creeping death side blades a must have mod for this game? Are mirrors good on this? Just got a MET Pro LED with total light show. Need to update to color dmd but looking for other cool mods.

My Leg Lights look great on the game if your interested.

#13739 5 years ago

JDub03 I have that same Mondo Tommy print.

#13740 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My Leg Lights look great on the game if your interested.

Do you have a pic?

#13741 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

"All in"? Do you mean you spent top dollar for a Dirty Donny custom Sparky? Or is there another custom painter out there? ModFather, maybe?

#13742 5 years ago

I played my first game where I got two CIU modes! I've had the game since November, so yeah, I know I suck... Didn't have a great score (130M or so), because I drained right away after starting each of the modes, but I still made it!

#13745 5 years ago

Picked up my Metallica Premium today. Right away I'm having issues with the coffin magnet. If I change the settings to enable the magnet after hitting the captive ball it will hold the ball, but it seemingly will never recognizes the ball is there. I don't think "switch 63" is working. The previous owner just replaced the magnet board. I've reset everything, checked for continuity, and tested the magnet (4.8 ohms). Anything else I can test or is the only option to try another magnet board. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magnet Test...

#13746 5 years ago

Anyone have a picture of how their apron is wired up (LE\Prem)? I think I might be missing the "Z" connector, not sure. Thanks.

#13747 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I played my first game where I got two CIU modes! I've had the game since November, so yeah, I know I suck... Didn't have a great score (130M or so), because I drained right away after starting each of the modes, but I still made it!

I have had my game for a year or so and have played many ciu's but no end of the lines. So have adjusted each object vakues to 5 like snakes, coffins etc. You could try making it easier to start ciu so you can get proficient at playing it out and even getting to eotl. I suck at this mode currently. You can always return to factory settings at a later date

#13748 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Are mirrors good on this?

I just put a set in a couple days ago. I like them a lot!

#13749 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Picked up my Metallica Premium today. Right away I'm having issues with the coffin magnet. If I change the settings to enable the magnet after hitting the captive ball it will hold the ball, but it seemingly will never recognizes the ball is there. I don't think "switch 63" is working. The previous owner just replaced the magnet board. I've reset everything, checked for continuity, and tested the magnet (4.8 ohms). Anything else I can test or is the only option to try another magnet board. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Magnet Test...

Can you post a video of in game play? Not exactly sure what problem you're having. Also, the magnet does not appear to be flush with the playfield. The ball should roll off and down the playfield when the magnet releases.

#13750 5 years ago

Hi been looking for help how to change CIU settings and can't find it. Also have looked in the MET manual but having trouble.

How do I change the CIU requirements of 15 hits per item down to 10 hits per item?

EDIT:. Nevermind. Figured it out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/275 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.