711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 433.
#13551 5 years ago

THanks for the info. Does anyone have a link to the site where you can purchase the light show mod?

#13552 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

THanks for the info. Does anyone have a link to the site where you can purchase the light show mod?

http://redshiftled.com.au/Total-Lightshow.php

#13553 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

It is absolutely imperative to get this mod if you have a pro. It's awesome.

#13554 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Although I do like the mod, it is way to much money for me. My pro plays fantastic without it.

#13555 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Cool mod, but I’d rather have a color DMD for the money.

#13556 5 years ago

Got a couple more packages in the mail today. Extended ball jump guards at Sparkys feet and Pinnovator sub kit.
So happy. Sounds so much better instantly.
Here's a quick vid of what I've done so far. I also installed the colour dmd last weekend. It was daunting at first but after watching a few YouTube videos it wasn't that hard at all. Makes the game twice as nice with one mod.

#13557 5 years ago

I ordered Sparky’s electrocution helmet mod from Mezel (single color orange) but it’s barely noticeable that it lights up.

Others have the same experience? The backpanel is quite bright and the mod is tied into one of Sparky’s flashers so it doesn’t help that these are on at the same time I guess.

Wondering if there might me something wrong with mine? Or doesn’t EL wires light up as brightly as you probably want?

#13558 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Cool mod, but I’d rather have a color DMD for the money.

Over here ColorDMD is at least $100-$150 more expensive then the Total Lightshow mod. But that might change depending on currency and shipping.
And for me Total Lightshow adds more to the game then a ColorDMD.

I do want a ColorDMD someday but it’s more for the spectators then for the player and just nice to look at.

#13559 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I ordered Sparky’s electrocution helmet mod from Mezel (single color orange) but it’s barely noticeable that it lights up.
Others have the same experience? The backpanel is quite bright and the mod is tied into one of Sparky’s flashers so it doesn’t help that these are on at the same time I guess.
Wondering if there might me something wrong with mine? Or doesn’t EL wires light up as brightly as you probably want?

I've got the 2 wire blue and orange (also mezel) It's just the orange wire isn't super bright. The blue is still very noticeable during electrocution though
Wish they had kept it blue and pink. My friend has blue and pink and the pink pops more than the orange. I'm considering swapping the orange for a purple/violet one

#13560 5 years ago

FYI I completed my project to convert a set of Creeping Death light bars into home-grown stadium lights for my Metallica Pro (at a fraction of the cost of the Pinstadium kit).

Details here for those with do-it-yourself tendencies: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting/page/7#post-4433790

It’s amazing how much removing the stock spotlights over the slings and the light bars opens up the playfield!

664C1AD9-79E9-47C4-9718-C851C9FD0D12 (resized).jpeg664C1AD9-79E9-47C4-9718-C851C9FD0D12 (resized).jpeg
#13561 5 years ago

The Metallica Monsters Premium Translite showed up on Marco's recently (Thanks DCFAN for pointing this out in another thread), apparently this is rare and well priced at $149 for those interested. I really do like this artwork over the pro artwork but at about $280CDN to get it shipped here after taxes and exchange that is a hard to justify expense. $38.99 shipping is really killer... anyone local want to order a couple and share the shipping cost? Could tempt me

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-52E3-01

#13562 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The Metallica Monsters Premium Translite showed up on Marco's recently (Thanks dcfan for pointing this out in another thread), apparently this is rare and well priced at $149 for those interested. I really do like this artwork over the pro artwork but at about $280CDN to get it shipped here after taxes and exchange that is a hard to justify expense. $38.99 shipping is really killer... anyone local want to order a couple and share the shipping cost? Could tempt me
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-52E3-01

It’s out of stock.

#13563 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

More
It’s out of stock.

Was just headed back to the thread to post the same thing... didn't last long.

#13564 5 years ago

I just finished up another new Pinball Refinery Edition of a Metallica Premium. It will be shipping to it's owner this coming week. Just thought I would post a few pictures of this beautiful machine.

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

20180608_140546 (resized).jpg20180608_140546 (resized).jpg20180608_140550 (resized).jpg20180608_140550 (resized).jpg20180609_141915 (resized).jpg20180609_141915 (resized).jpg20180609_141921 (resized).jpg20180609_141921 (resized).jpg
#13565 5 years ago

Latest addition to the cave. Been a long weekend of adjustments and mods. Couple more to go. Such a fantastic machine.

IMG_1006(1) (resized).jpgIMG_1006(1) (resized).jpg
#13566 5 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Latest addition to the cave. Been a long weekend of adjustments and mods. Couple more to go. Such a fantastic machine.

Good choice!

#13567 5 years ago

Yay. Got more packages in the mail.
3d snake mod and powerblades. Will post finished product this weekend.

20180614_110118 (resized).jpg20180614_110118 (resized).jpg20180614_110129 (resized).jpg20180614_110129 (resized).jpg
#13568 5 years ago

So I've been trying to join the MET club for awhile. There might be one I can pick up here local for around 3500 which is a good deal. He tells me that the decals on the back box are peeling but he has new ones. In addition to that he said there were problems around the magnet area and coffin. He should be sending me picks today and I'm hoping its not the clear coat chipping. Is there anything else that I should be looking for on this game? I believe the game is the older run with the wooden back box. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Robert

#13569 5 years ago

Peeling decals were common on certain runs of the LED metal backbox versions I believe. That doesn't seem like a big deal since it's easy to fix. Is this a pro? Sounds like it if $3500. That's cheap and a lot of pin for the money.

#13570 5 years ago

Depending on the wear that’s a GREAT price. Never heard of issues on the wood backbox with decals peeling so guessing metal.
If the magnets are mushroomed cores are cheap and easy to replace.

#13571 5 years ago

$3500. Just buy it.

#13572 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

$3500. Just buy it.

Yup. I'm thinking so... even if the PF is chipping I could probably pick up a new one and swap sometime down the road. MET is pretty much my favorite of all time including the band. I've been wanting one for a few years and this one finally popped up local. Thanks for the responses and info, much appreciated.

#13573 5 years ago

Let me know how your powerblades work. Mine cause sparky to go off without a ball hitting him. Joe at pingraffix is stumped...

#13574 5 years ago
Quoted from Numskul:

Let me know how your powerblades work. Mine cause sparky to go off without a ball hitting him. Joe at pingraffix is stumped...

Great
Hopefully it goes better than the snake mod. It is so cheaply made. None of the screws holes even lined up properly. Things had to be bent and forced and I still had to leave a screw out. I was so unimpressed that I decided not to do the blades today because I'm worried they will also be of cheap quality. VERY UNIMPRESSED with pingraffix so far. (Both in quality and shipping) Fingers crossed for the powerblades.

Are yours the creeping death? How long have you had them?

#13575 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Great
Hopefully it goes better than the snake mod. It is so cheaply made. None of the screws holes even lined up properly. Things had to be bent and forced and I still had to leave a screw out. I was so unimpressed that I decided not to do the blades today because I'm worried they will also be of cheap quality. VERY UNIMPRESSED with pingraffix so far. (Both in quality and shipping) Fingers crossed for the powerblades.
Are yours the creeping death? How long have you had them?

I had to dremel out my snake MOD a bit for the screws to fit..not a huge deal. Such a cool looking MOD so try fitting it all in if you can

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13576 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I had to dremel out my snake MOD a bit for the screws to fit..not a huge deal. Such a cool looking MOD so try fitting it all in if you can

That s fine for the flat snake mod. When the 3 holes on the 3d snake aren't even close though....poorly made
I bent it all together to get the 2 outside screws in. Left out the back screw

20180614_134541 (resized).jpg20180614_134541 (resized).jpg
#13577 5 years ago

Also worth pointing out to people considering this mod that it makes it almost impossible to see the upper lane lights

#13578 5 years ago

I do love the effect it has on my brain when the ball goes through the snake ramp and I momentarily lose sight of it in "the tunnel.
I'll get used to it but it gives me a feeling when it loops

#13579 5 years ago
Quoted from Numskul:

I think your on crack the Powerblades plug into a 110 outlet how in the hell could that make your sparky go off lol adjust your sparky switch

#13580 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I think your on crack the Powerblades plug into a 110 outlet how in the hell could that make your sparky go off lol adjust your sparky switch

I didn't want to say anything as I haven't installed mine yet but I'm inclined to have the same view. How can they even interact? Seems like a problem that just happened to coincide with the install

#13581 5 years ago

So at first Joe thought it was a bad power cord. Then he thought it was a bad box. When the problem persisted he set me a whole new set up, but that didnt work either. He explained that he thought it was messing with the power to the optic sensor. He was then thinking the light was messing with the optics, and had me cover them. Still goin off. I unplug em and every thing works fine - so I have a nice set of nonlighting creeping death powerblades (wich look cool but not as cool as the lighted ones).
Must say Joe has been trying very hard to help, but said he has had this problem with a couple others and doesnt know why. I asked if he could send me a power cord that would just plug straight into the wall (bypass machine power) and said he would.
Still waiting for that, but if that dont work he offered me a refund and I may sadly have to take it.
No crack involved

#13582 5 years ago

Hi all
I would like to address the issues mentioned above
There have been some reported issues with Sparky going off.
The last I counted it was two. Everytime the fix was just replacing the EL box.
If you read the instructions included with the set. The first line states the following:

READ ME
By installing this modification, you understand that every pinball machine is created differently.

With that being said..we have sold a few hundred of the MET PowerBladez.. When it comes down to it, every machine is unique in its own way. Is your machine wired differently somehow? Maybe? Is there something else like another mod interfering in some way? Possibly. It's very hard for us to diagnose your game when it is not in house here in the studio.

Trust me.. this one is very puzzling to us as well. We have a MET here with them installed and we cannot recreate this no matter what we try.

I have been working hard to resolve the issue with Numskull and I did send another power cord just the other day. Hoping this works. If not then guess I will have to give a refund. No worries. Nothing is perfect. And I want to thank him for being patient!

Speaking of which..snake mod.. Once again.. same thing.. Tolerances go rampid during manufacturing.. or you may just have gotten a bad one.. No worries. we will send you a new one.

In any case.. I do support my products and I have been on PInside for 6+ years. We always try to do the right thing. Some folks (btw by no means referring to Graysons Dad but in general) are never satisfied no matter how hard we sometimes bend over backwards. It's just part of THE business. And that's with any business. however..if you do a search you will see most love all of our innovative products that we create.

I would be happy to take the MET PowerBladez back for I have another cipboard full of orders that need to be fufilled.
Once again..no worries.. you do what you think is best.

Most of all I appreciate the feedback and your support.
Have a good evening
-Joe

#13583 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also worth pointing out to people considering this mod that it makes it almost impossible to see the upper lane lights

Just get the guitar pic MOD that zene10 makes...it looks great and works perfectly to see those upper lanes that the 3D snake MOD hides.

#13584 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yay. Got more packages in the mail.
3d snake mod and powerblades. Will post finished product this weekend.

I have the same exact order coming from them. They shipped it out a couple of days ago. Hope to have them by the weekend, but not sure what shipping method they used. I'll be sure to post up how my install goes. With as many games out there using these without issue, I am hoping we are part of that pool! These are the last 2 mods I am waiting on and I am really looking forward to getting them installed.

#13585 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi all
I would like to address the issues mentioned above
There have been some reported issues with Sparky going off.
The last I counted it was two. Everytime the fix was just replacing the EL box.
If you read the instructions included with the set. The first line states the following:
READ ME
By installing this modification, you understand that every pinball machine is created differently.
With that being said..we have sold a few hundred of the MET PowerBladez.. When it comes down to it, every machine is unique in its own way. Is your machine wired differently somehow? Maybe? Is there something else like another mod interfering in some way? Possibly. It's very hard for us to diagnose your game when it is not in house here in the studio.
Trust me.. this one is very puzzling to us as well. We have a MET here with them installed and we cannot recreate this no matter what we try.
I have been working hard to resolve the issue with Numskull and I did send another power cord just the other day. Hoping this works. If not then guess I will have to give a refund. No worries. Nothing is perfect. And I want to thank him for being patient!
Speaking of which..snake mod.. Once again.. same thing.. Tolerances go rampid during manufacturing.. or you may just have gotten a bad one.. No worries. we will send you a new one.
In any case.. I do support my products and I have been on PInside for 6+ years. We always try to do the right thing. Some folks (btw by no means referring to Graysons Dad but in general) are never satisfied no matter how hard we sometimes bend over backwards. It's just part of THE business. And that's with any business. however..if you do a search you will see most love all of our innovative products that we create.
I would be happy to take the MET PowerBladez back for I have another cipboard full of orders that need to be fufilled.
Once again..no worries.. you do what you think is best.
Most of all I appreciate the feedback and your support.
Have a good evening
-Joe

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have spoken to Joe directly and he is aware of the snake production problems and has told me he will send a replacement so he has a good business ethic at least. Will update soon. Thank you Joe

#13586 5 years ago

Y’all mind if I join you? Got my first pin ever today and it’s a Metallica (Pro) Pro! Still doesn’t feel real!

1C04858B-A2C2-41AB-9C1E-D25E8D2F7DA2 (resized).jpeg1C04858B-A2C2-41AB-9C1E-D25E8D2F7DA2 (resized).jpeg
#13587 5 years ago
Quoted from XQ11:

Y’all mind if I join you? Got my first pin ever today and it’s a #Metallica Pro! Still doesn’t feel real!

Congrats on your new game!! You probably couldn't have picked a better game than MET, it is awesome in every way.....enjoy!

#13588 5 years ago
Quoted from XQ11:

Y’all mind if I join you? Got my first pin ever today and it’s a #Metallica Pro! Still doesn’t feel real!

Nice! Any fan of Clerks is ok in my book

#13589 5 years ago
Quoted from XQ11:

Congrats, and an excellent choice. Mine never gets old.

#13590 5 years ago
Quoted from XQ11:

I’m a bit jealous of the feeling you have right now. I love the game. Had it over a year and don’t see it going anywhere.

#13591 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’m a bit jealous of the feeling you have right now. I love the game. Had it over a year and don’t see it going anywhere.

Nothing quite like that new pinball machine smell is there?

#13592 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Nice! Any fan of Clerks is ok in my book

......clerks 2 though?......meh.
Congrats man. If you choose to do only one upgrade I would recommend the color dmd

I've installed most of the common met mods in the last month. Ive only had my met a bit longer than that

#13593 5 years ago
Quoted from XQ11:

Congrats! Nice first pin!

#13594 5 years ago

I got in and out of three CIU's last night. That's about the 6th time in 3 months I've reached 3 or 4 CIU's, but still can't reach the elusive EOTL! It's going to happen!

#13595 5 years ago

MET awesome pin to start with. I also highly recommend colordmd. Touch pricey but looks so right. Stock red dmd just looks like butt in comparison. I also recommend going easy on mods. So easy to blow tons of money on all the mods available. Save for your next pin!

#13596 5 years ago

Thanks everyone! Absolutely loving it already. We were up until 1am last night playing, and my dad has now moved our Father’s Day tonight from their house to ours, so I anticipate another long night with it!

#13597 5 years ago

I as well added a MetPro this past weekend fresh off the assembly line. It seems the stern sticker guy was having a bad day when mine was built...

20180614_211215 (resized).jpg20180614_211215 (resized).jpg20180614_211228 (resized).jpg20180614_211228 (resized).jpg
#13598 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

......clerks 2 though?......meh.
Congrats man. If you choose to do only one upgrade I would recommend the color dmd
I've installed most of the common met mods in the last month. Ive only had my met a bit longer than that

Nope, do an external sub for 100 over a visual thing that really doesn't improve the experience, unless you are watching someone play.

#13599 5 years ago

Cut the cord and set that baby up. You have 21 more pins in your wishlist. But you bought the cream of the crop. I don't own this pin but I'm 95% sure it will be my next pin. Already talked to my distributor in May.

Quoted from XQ11:Y’all mind if I join you? Got my first pin ever today and it’s a #Metallica Pro! Still doesn’t feel real!

#13600 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I as well added a MetPro this past weekend fresh off the assembly line. It seems the stern sticker guy was having a bad day when mine was built...

Congrats. Met is the game people keep buying...and buying...and buying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/272?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.