C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 434.
#13451 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Playing around with it, it seems like the songs each have one checkpoint near the middle to restart at but that's it. Gets a little annoying playing with a 5yr old. Oh well.
May have to look into the track swapping I've heard so much about. There are a couple songs that I'm just never going to choose for a pinball game. I'm looking at you Enter the Sandman, Unforgiven and Fade to Black........tempo is way off for this game.
How is Hit the lights NOT in a game where you literally hit lights? No Whiplash? Come on lol

I swapped a few around. "One" is way too slow for my taste, replaced it with The Four Horsemen (which was originally supposed to be in the game for Blackened mode). A few other minor edits such as "I Disappear" at a key point in the song during the end game sequence, and Whiskey in the Jar if you get to enter your initials.

#13452 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I swapped a few around. "One" is way too slow for my taste, replaced it with The Four Horsemen (which was originally supposed to be in the game for Blackened mode). A few other minor edits such as "I Disappear" at a key point in the song during the end game sequence, and Whiskey in the Jar if you get to enter your initials.

How difficult are we talking? I'm good with electrical, not so much with computers.

#13453 5 years ago

Also I'm inclined to agree on ONE but I just love when it finally gets where it's going.....eventually

#13454 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

How difficult are we talking? I'm good with electrical, not so much with computers.

You will need to download Pinball Browser, then donate to get the full features unlocked. Then obtain the songs you want to replace in digital format (usually wav or mp3). The hard part is editing the songs to get them to start or end where you want. You can simply replace one song with another which works in some cases, but for more advanced edits like end-of-game music or high score entry music it will take some trial and error to get it just right. I'm pretty good with computers and don't consider it hard, just time consuming. I also had to do some volume equalization which required updating the game, listening through the actual game speakers, and making adjustments and re-updates until it sounded right with respect to the other songs.

#13455 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Playing around with it, it seems like the songs each have one checkpoint near the middle to restart at but that's it. Gets a little annoying playing with a 5yr old. Oh well.
May have to look into the track swapping I've heard so much about. There are a couple songs that I'm just never going to choose for a pinball game. I'm looking at you Enter Sandman, Unforgiven and Fade to Black........tempo is way off for this game.
How is Hit the lights NOT in a game where you literally hit lights? No Whiplash? Come on lol

It's not part of my current song list, but I used to have both "Hit the Lights" and "Whiplash" edited into the same song slot to replace "One." Both of those songs are a little over 4 minutes, so too short for any of the the song slots, but "One" is 7:24 minutes, so I combined them into that slot and did a little fade out on "Whiplash."

#13456 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not what we were talking about. Shooter lane problems UNDER where you are looking. I want to stick some guitar picks or something where you are talking about

Sorry for the confusion, I kind of took it off topic and just putting it out there. Good idea on the guitar picks.

#13457 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It's not part of my current song list, but I used to have both "Hit the Lights" and "Whiplash" edited into the same song slot to replace "One." Both of those songs are a little over 4 minutes, so too short for any of the the song slots, but "One" is 7:24 minutes, so I combined them into that slot and did a little fade out on "Whiplash."

I need to do this. Whiplash is my fave Met song.

#13458 5 years ago

So I took apart the shooter rod and it was already as far to the left as possible. After a bit of experimenting a single well placed washer has everything perfect. Still shouldnt have to Jimmy rig thing on a brand new pin though

20180523_194006 (resized).jpg20180523_194006 (resized).jpg

20180523_194037 (resized).jpg20180523_194037 (resized).jpg

#13459 5 years ago

First mods to my new MET pro.
-Colour coded fuel gauge
-Blue lights for Electric switches (felt there was enough white going on with the crosses and picks)
-just 2 purple accent g.i. bulbs
-Snake fangs/tongue
- Sparky E.L. helmet wiring.
So much fun.

20180523_195017 (resized).jpg20180523_195017 (resized).jpg

20180523_194938 (resized).jpg20180523_194938 (resized).jpg

20180523_194926 (resized).jpg20180523_194926 (resized).jpg

20180523_193630 (resized).jpg20180523_193630 (resized).jpg

20180523_193504(0) (resized).jpg20180523_193504(0) (resized).jpg

20180523_195422 (resized).jpg20180523_195422 (resized).jpg

#13460 5 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the guy making the cross inserts? The little plastic things to direct the light at the crosses only instead of white rectangles. Thanks you.

#13461 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Did that first of course
Need to find the part number though

Stern should really be chasing that up for you.. Awesome game, welcome to the club!

#13462 5 years ago

Not a mod but some little pop vinyl guys were cheap and add a little something

20180523_204152 (resized).jpg20180523_204152 (resized).jpg

#13464 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

a single well placed washer has everything perfect

Nice fix! Doing this to my TAF and TZ right now.

#13466 5 years ago

Snake ate my bulb. Don't know how it got all the way down there. I don't know how to get it out without yaki g the whole mech off, which I really don't want to do. Snake is working fine.

20180523_220715 (resized).jpg20180523_220715 (resized).jpg

#13467 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks. I contacted him as they are currently out of stock. Fingers crossed. Ew accidental pun

Would be nice to be able to buy the file from him and print it yourself... no reason for this to be ‘out of stock’ when you can take it down to local library and have it printed.

#13468 5 years ago

I just finished replacing most of my factory rubbers with titans, but apparently I missed something up... After lifting and re-seating the playfield (to adjust the back post diverter), I started a game only to have my flippers stop working shortly after starting sparky multiball. I tried starting another game, but no game would start.

Turns out, the F10 fuse blew out, causing the flippers and ball eject to stop working. I was hoping it'd be an easy fix, so I replaced the fuse with the free one that Stern included in their "goodie bag," but it didn't take long for it to blow out again (and I didn't start a multiball this time). Now, all I get is a message saying "Right Eject Device Malfunction" and no game will start because the ball eject coil isn't receiving power.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to fix this problem before I start going broke on fuses? I'll check if the wires around the ball eject coil are seated properly, but would a loose wire really cause a fuse to blow out?

#13469 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Snake ate my bulb. Don't know how it got all the way down there. I don't know how to get it out without yaki g the whole mech off, which I really don't want to do. Snake is working fine.

Stuff like this is the reason i hate snakes!

#13470 5 years ago
Quoted from toymin80r:

but would a loose wire really cause a fuse to blow out?

A loose connector probably won't but any loose wire could. It could touch something else inside the machine and cause a short circuit. Check if you haven't accidentally exposed some wiring or maybe bended something so that it touches other metallic parts.

#13471 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does anyone have a link to the guy making the cross inserts? The little plastic things to direct the light at the crosses only instead of white rectangles. Thanks you.

While you're busy on your OCD (I feel you man) mattosborn creates nice 3D printed plates so that all your CIU lights line up nicely! I bought one from him and am super happy with the result.

#13472 5 years ago

Wrong thread

#13473 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

This may sound stupid but that looks very much like the snake eject mod that someone put on the game.

#13474 5 years ago

I have a MET Pro and just starting to have an issue once in awhile where the ball gets stuck behind Sparky during a loop shot. The post is down at the time but if the shot is a bit weak it stops there. Any suggestions or solutions. I still have the original post not the steel replacement.

#13475 5 years ago

Is the post level with the PF when down? Sounds like it's slightly below the PF so the ball hangs in the whole. I find it best to have the post just a mm or two above the PF.

#13476 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

This may sound stupid but that looks very much like the snake eject mod that someone put on the game.

There is a green light mounted under the playfield that lights up the snake.

#13477 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Is the post level with the PF when down? Sounds like it's slightly below the PF so the ball hangs in the whole. I find it best to have the post just a mm or two above the PF.

Thx for the feedback- I will check that out and see if I need to make a slight adjustment. It has only been an issue the past couple weeks (have had my MET for 1-1/2 years this is first issue) so maybe something has come loose on the underside of the post bracket. Awesome game love it!!

#13478 5 years ago

Hi folks,

Any suggestions as to why on occasions I get ball hang ups going into the coffin hole?

This happens maybe once every 10 games, the game takes the ball down but it does not roll into the position it should, rather it gets stuck so I have to remove the glass and press down the magnet and then try to hook the ball and persuade it to go into the position it should be in.
Gets stuck sort of upper-left.

Its quite annoying.

#13479 5 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Hi folks,
Any suggestions as to why on occasions I get ball hang ups going into the coffin hole?
This happens maybe once every 10 games, the game takes the ball down but it does not roll into the position it should, rather it gets stuck so I have to remove the glass and press down the magnet and then try to hook the ball and persuade it to go into the position it should be in.
Gets stuck sort of upper-left.
Its quite annoying.

Check to make sure your balls aren't magnetized. That's exactly what mine does when they do.

Quoted from zpinman370:

Thx for the feedback- I will check that out and see if I need to make a slight adjustment. It has only been an issue the past couple weeks (have had my MET for 1-1/2 years this is first issue) so maybe something has come loose on the underside of the post bracket. Awesome game love it!!

If memory serves me correctly. That post sits on a rubber in the mechanism. Over time it could lose some of it's bounce or height causing the post to sink ever so slightly. It's an easy adjustment though so hopefully that's all it is.

#13480 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wrap tape around your finger tip, but with sticky side out. Then stick your finger in the snake mouth.

Or fish a long piece of tape into the mouth and press it against the bulb. Pull tape out along with bulb.

Rob

#13481 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Wrap tape around your finger tip, but with sticky side out. Then stick your finger in the snake mouth.
Or fish a long piece of tape into the mouth and press it against the bulb. Pull tape out along with bulb.
Rob

I don't think that is going to work, but I will give it a try. It looks like it's sitting underneath some metal that won't let it come out that way.

#13482 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Would be nice to be able to buy the file from him and print it yourself... no reason for this to be ‘out of stock’ when you can take it down to local library and have it printed.

I think he did actually, but I didn't save the link. Hopefully he chimes back in cause I looked for it and can't find it.

#13483 5 years ago

Where would I get the mantis style scoop protector? I have the cliffy and I think it makes the scoop shot a little harder.

#13484 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where would I get the mantis style scoop protector? I have the cliffy and I think it makes the scoop shot a little harder.

https://mantispinball.com/product/metallica-protector/

#13485 5 years ago

Even played GoT and had Winter Is Coming hurry up? Or escape Boba Fett on SW? That's exactly what the GI is now doing on my MeT Premium. Now that I have some time I will check for taught wiring/connectors and what else?

Rob

#13486 5 years ago

From the looks of it, the mantis protector really doesn’t protect the play field right at the scoop that much does it? How could this be better than the cliffy?

#13487 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

From the looks of it, the mantis protector really doesn’t protect the play field right at the scoop that much does it? How could this be better than the cliffy?

It does protect the playfield edge. The ball rolls over the mantis edge instead of the PF. I use the cliffy and like it, but I would have no hesitation using a Mantis either. They have different approaches to protection, both are great options.

#13488 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

...May have to look into the track swapping I've heard so much about. There are a couple songs that I'm just never going to choose for a pinball game. I'm looking at you Enter Sandman, Unforgiven and Fade to Black........tempo is way off for this game.

Quoted from Roostking:

I need to do this. Whiplash is my fave Met song.

I have the "Whiplash/Hit the Lights" file in my dropbox. It's edited down to 7:24 to fit in the "One" slot. If either of you want it (or anyone else) send me a pm for the link. I don't know how long I'll leave it in there, but it will be there as long as I have room.

I also have "Shortest Straw" in the dropbox, which is a perfect replacement for "Unforgiven."

#13489 5 years ago

I'm trying to level this game properly but it seems like I'm getting some SMOKERS off the targets in this game they fire super fast back. I'm trying different color rubbers too but has anyone else faced a similar challenge? If I change the slope it does help but then the ball falls way too floaty. Suggestions?

Added over 6 years ago: EDIT - it was just leveling - I needed to raise it more. All good.

#13490 5 years ago

Lost a switch column last night. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix please let me know. Link to thread below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-sam-whole-switch-column-went-out

#13491 5 years ago

It does protect the playfield edge. The ball rolls over the mantis edge instead of the PF. I use the cliffy and like it, but I would have no hesitation using a Mantis either. They have different approaches to protection, both are great options.

I second this....have had the Mantis protector on my Premium and no wear on the scoop....Has held up so far just fine.

#13492 5 years ago

When it comes to scoop protection, mantis style is the way to go IMO. All mounted underneath, nothing sticks to playfield, and provides great protection.

#13493 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

When it comes to scoop protection, mantis style is the way to go IMO. All mounted underneath, nothing sticks to playfield, and provides great protection.

I like the Mantis style on this scoop, as well, but it's not all wine and roses. I'm not home to take a pic, but the beveled edge of the right side is getting some wear from the ball entering, not exiting. The front edge still looks perfect.

The pic below is not my game. It is just to show reference to the edge I'm talking about.

Mystery Scoop (resized).jpgMystery Scoop (resized).jpg

#13494 5 years ago

Agree on Mantis. May get some very minor wear at the very edge but it's not going to blow out or dent up. I'll honestly take some minor scuffing over the look of the cliffy their. The cliffy the previous owner put on my game actually put a small edge in the clear their. So, it's a trade off. I love the cliffy's for scoop with some wear already though.

#13495 5 years ago

It’s my first time installing a Mod,
I have the “Snake mouth LED, feed the snake”
From Mezel mods. I have the game unplugged
Glass off , play field lifted, found the snake assembly, located the nut to remove and reinstall.
1)I can’t figure out how the LED gets in the mouth? My underside of snake mouth doesn’t have space for it to fit inside the mouth. And looks different then Mezel pictures.
2) connecting the wires ? What wires do I connect, how do I connect them and do I then reconnect the original wire to the new connector? What is a IDC ?

This is what Mezel mods web page says
“For the Pro, attach the bracket as shown in the photo by removing existing nut and reattaching nut. Disconnect IDC Feed the Snake connection as shown, then plug in the Feed the Snake IDC.”
4 pics of my MET pro , one pic of Mezel instructions
Thanks for any help Guys.

7488CB59-CC03-4806-8251-14AA5C713051 (resized).jpeg7488CB59-CC03-4806-8251-14AA5C713051 (resized).jpeg

BFBD578A-0B65-41D9-982F-BEC9667B9F10 (resized).jpegBFBD578A-0B65-41D9-982F-BEC9667B9F10 (resized).jpeg

707E649F-C167-4852-9871-6EF8603355EF (resized).jpeg707E649F-C167-4852-9871-6EF8603355EF (resized).jpeg

3A0CBD88-4E26-4C28-B2D3-4C7013E62C4E (resized).jpeg3A0CBD88-4E26-4C28-B2D3-4C7013E62C4E (resized).jpeg

A099D27D-6486-40F1-A92F-E2A1784E3B7B (resized).pngA099D27D-6486-40F1-A92F-E2A1784E3B7B (resized).png

#13496 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Even played GoT and had Winter Is Coming hurry up? Or escape Boba Fett on SW? That's exactly what the GI is now doing on my MeT Premium. Now that I have some time I will check for taught wiring/connectors and what else?

Rob, I had the same issue with the flickering GI. I turned down the GI intensity (feature menu #136) and never had the issue again. Mine is at 75. Higher may work but I'm happy there. Give it a try.

#13497 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

It’s my first time installing a Mod,
I have the “Snake mouth LED, feed the snake”
From Mezel mods. I have the game unplugged
Glass off , play field lifted, found the snake assembly, located the nut to remove and reinstall.
1)I can’t figure out how the LED gets in the mouth? My underside of snake mouth doesn’t have space for it to fit inside the mouth. And looks different then Mezel pictures.
2) connecting the wires ? What wires do I connect, how do I connect them and do I then reconnect the original wire to the new connector? What is a IDC ?
This is what Mezel mods web page says
“For the Pro, attach the bracket as shown in the photo by removing existing nut and reattaching nut. Disconnect IDC Feed the Snake connection as shown, then plug in the Feed the Snake IDC.”
4 pics of my MET pro , one pic of Mezel instructions
Thanks for any help Guys.

IDC stands for insulation displacement connector. The instructions are just talking about the connector that joins the light above the PF to the wiring below the PF. All you are doing is piggybacking off that connector. Undo connector, connect Mezel connector into one end of stern connector and connect other end of stern connector into the other end of the Mezel mod. I haven’t installed this mod but I’m pretty sure is does not go inside the jaw, it is only to illuminate around the jaw. So pop the PF back down check out if you like it if not move the mod around to the best place.

#13498 5 years ago

Thanks for your help , I got the wireing working .
Does the under side of the snake have a option with a cut in it for the LED.
This is the 2 pics I see online. The LED looks like it fit inside the jaw
Thanks for ur help

E6C2C00B-AC44-49DD-93DD-F643905A546B (resized).pngE6C2C00B-AC44-49DD-93DD-F643905A546B (resized).png

F280DA54-0DAD-45CE-B635-72F4F1F2A12F (resized).pngF280DA54-0DAD-45CE-B635-72F4F1F2A12F (resized).png

#13499 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

» YouTube video
Rob

Disconnect and reconnect the data cable both at the backbox and where it goes under the playfield. It looks like a grey ethernet cable. This will solve your problem either for awhile or for good depends on whether the connection is firm or not.

#13500 5 years ago

Ktm450 it worked !! Thanks ,
Brappp

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/270 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.