C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 434.
#13401 5 years ago

Mine was doing this same thing when I first opened it. Make sure the plunger tip is centered on the ball when it's sitting in the shooter lane. If it's off center this will cause the ball to bounce around on its way out. You can adjust the position by loosening the 3 screws holding it in place. Also, try replacing the shooter rod spring with a weaker one. Mine shipped with an orange spring and is way too powerful in my opinion for this game.

#13402 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also if someone could send me a link to somewhere that sells ball jump guards, specifically the extended plastic protector at Sparkys feet please. Major ball jump area.

Pinbits sells the sparky plastic protector for airballs. You can buy just the clear one. That’s the one you want, resist the colored ones with the spider webs. They look like shit and some people have reported that the etching of the spider web weakens the plastic and will prematurely break. As for the post you are referring to it is the diverter post that is behind sparky on the orbit. It’s a plastic post that moves up/down and the plastic is too “bouncy” so people replace it with a metal one. I got mine from Marco but haven’t installed it yet haha. And finally there should be “key posts” (in yellow) at the beginnng of the thread at the top with links to all this stuff.

#13403 5 years ago

Here is the metal post. It replaces the plastic post diverter which is at the top of the playfield near the pops. https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591

Regarding the shooter lane issue, you may need to loosen the screws that mount the shooter knob assy to the cabinet. Take a look and make sure the plunger is hitting the ball on center.

#13404 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've had my nib Met pro for 2 days. There were a couple small issues to resolve but it's great. My only problem at the moment in the ball launch. I'm not sure yet exactly what is wrong but I'm 90% sure it has to do with the first piece of metal the ball touches down the shooter lane. The ball rarely wants to clear the lane and skill shot area smoothly. Most of the time the ball just jostles around on the way up the launch and either end up in the pops or doesn't keep much speed going for the super skill. This seriously effects gameplay. Occasionally on launch the ball will actually jump and get stuck above the launch area in the underside of the wires from the right ramp. This means taking the glass off every 30 games or so.
If this were an older pin my first thought is to take the metal piece out, grind the front lips down more and replace it. This is like a new car to me though. I shouldn't have to and don't really want to have to Jimmy fix things.
Any way long story I know.
I'm looking for any advice from anyone who has had the same issues. Are there simply some adjustments I could be tweaking to get it smoother? Thanks
Ps. Could some tell me which plastic post to metal post everyone keeps mentioning in this thread? I can't the details in this thread. It is constantly referred to as "that post" lol.
Pss. Can't wait for all my bells and whistles to arrive.

Check to see if the plunger tip is hitting the ball square in the middle. Thinking it is not striking the ball on launch square which may cause the ball to not shoot straight or to catch air. Should be easy to adjust if so. You can also fling a ball up the shooter lane manually and see if anything is catching the ball. Not uncommon to have to adjust these kind of things.

I believe this is the metal post. It just replaces the stock plastic one which seems to be the main cause of bouncing the ball back down the orbit. Easy to replace.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17986

#13405 5 years ago

Thanks for the speedy responses. I will take a closer look a the shooter but I have rolled the ball up the lane manually a few times and I am fairly certain the left side of the metal fork occasionally jump the ball. I'll I've done to it so far was make sure the screw was tight(it was)
I will post a pic shortly but there may be a bur at the end of the metal. Hard to tell from just running my finger along it but I do think it has a bump a the tip and it hit the ball sometimes.
I will definatly check the spring you've mentioned as I do feel it is a bit strong

#13406 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My only problem at the moment in the ball launch. I'm not sure yet exactly what is wrong but I'm 90% sure it has to do with the first piece of metal the ball touches down the shooter lane. The ball rarely wants to clear the lane and skill shot area smoothly. Most of the time the ball just jostles around on the way up the launch and either end up in the pops or doesn't keep much speed going for the super skill. This seriously effects gameplay.

Mine has the exact same issue and I’m sure it has something to with the rod not shooting off the ball at the exact center.
I also noticed that if I don’t fully retract the plunger, the issue is gone. So replacing the spring could be an solutions as well.

Now I know this, I might leave it as is.

#13407 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Mine has the exact same issue and I’m sure it has something to with the rod not shooting off the ball at the exact center.
I also noticed that if I don’t fully retract the plunger, the issue is gone. So replacing the spring could be an solutions as well.
Now I know this, I might leave it as is.

I agree it goes away at lighter plunges but then its not strong enough to get that easy mystery rebound from the plunge.
I think my problem is this metal. Why else would the ball jump up right there only to wedge itself in the underside of the wires frame.

20180522_103812 (resized).jpg20180522_103812 (resized).jpg

#13408 5 years ago

Im not going to wait for it to happen but the ball gets stuck under here if I hops

20180522_104550 (resized).jpg20180522_104550 (resized).jpg

#13409 5 years ago

I don't have the exact same issue and my ball never gets stuck in the wireform.

But if the plunger shoots the ball of too strongly and slightly of center, I can imagine it can do strange things to the ball.

#13410 5 years ago

The glass is on in the pics sorry

#13411 5 years ago

The ball shouldn't fit between the wires on the underside right??

#13412 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Pinbits sells the sparky plastic protector for airballs. You can buy just the clear one. That’s the one you want, resist the colored ones with the spider webs. They look like shit and some people have reported that the etching of the spider web weakens the plastic and will prematurely break. As for the post you are referring to it is the diverter post that is behind sparky on the orbit. It’s a plastic post that moves up/down and the plastic is too “bouncy” so people replace it with a metal one. I got mine from Marco but haven’t installed it yet haha. And finally there should be “key posts” (in yellow) at the beginnng of the thread at the top with links to all this stuff.

Thank you. Just ordered one

#13413 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

The ball shouldn't fit between the wires on the underside right??

It doesn't fit through. It wedges itself between the bottom two. I pull the glass down and poke it with my finger and it falls right back down.

#13414 5 years ago

The rod IS hitting the ball a little off centre to the right. What is the best way to recentre it?

1527002151372624583151 (resized).jpg1527002151372624583151 (resized).jpg

#13415 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Mine was doing this same thing when I first opened it. Make sure the plunger tip is centered on the ball when it's sitting in the shooter lane. If it's off center this will cause the ball to bounce around on its way out. You can adjust the position by loosening the 3 screws holding it in place. Also, try replacing the shooter rod spring with a weaker one. Mine shipped with an orange spring and is way too powerful in my opinion for this game.

Working on that thanks

#13416 5 years ago

Probably help to take apron off. All you need to do is loosened the shooter rod assembly, move it, and then tighten it. Definitely looks like yours is off.

#13417 5 years ago

Apron stays on. Lift the playfield, loosen the 3 screws that hold the shooter rod on place. Slide the shooter rod assembly to the left and re-tighten. Lower PF and check alignment. Repeat till you get it to hit the center of the ball.

#13418 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Anyone else ever have to replace the little Cliffy-style protector in front of the snake? Mine has raised up slightly above the playfield and has become a ball trap at times. It looks like the newton ball (this is a pro) and the left post on the left ramp would have to be removed to take it out. I wonder if it's possible to bend it back to being straight, or if I'm going to go to the trouble to take it out, maybe I should just replace it. Anyone happen to know the part number of that piece offhand?

OK, I just went through the entire Met Pro manual on IPDB and I can't find this protector part number listed anywhere. Surely I'm not the only person who has ever had to fix/replace this metal protector in front of the snake?

#13419 5 years ago

After owning this pin for 2 years now, I finally installed the last couple mods to complete my MET premium.

#13421 5 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

After owning this pin for 2 years now, I finally installed the last couple mods to complete my MET premium.
» YouTube video

Linky no worky

#13422 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Anyone else ever have to replace the little Cliffy-style protector in front of the snake? Mine has raised up slightly above the playfield and has become a ball trap at times. It looks like the newton ball (this is a pro) and the left post on the left ramp would have to be removed to take it out. I wonder if it's possible to bend it back to being straight, or if I'm going to go to the trouble to take it out, maybe I should just replace it. Anyone happen to know the part number of that piece offhand?

That protector is not necessary on the Pro. It can be removed. The ball hits the snake molding before it reaches the edge so it never wears. Have had it off for 3 years. Looks NIB.

#13423 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I've had to replace mine for the very same reason. I'll get you the part no. once I get home tonight

#13424 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The rod IS hitting the ball a little off centre to the right. What is the best way to recentre it?

it looks like your auto shooter assembly is a bit off center as well. you'll need to lift the playfield into service position, loosen up the 5 screws securing it, lightly shift the auto shooter assembly so that both "ears" are touching a ball while it's resting in the shooter lane before tightening the screws back up

#13425 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've had to replace mine for the very same reason. I'll get you the part no. once I get home tonight

Thanks! Looking forward to getting that... even though it may not be necessary I would like to have a spare on hand just in case any wear ever occurred

#13426 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Linky no worky

Yep, sorry about that.

For those MET owners who aren't into modding, don't waste your time watching this video. My MET is now complete with every conceivable mod possible.

#13427 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

But I stil have issues with the LED's popping out. Every 20 something games, one of the LED bulbs fly across the playfield!
Any tips on how to fix them more firmly?

I first ran into this problem with my Star Trek LE. What I found is that original spotlight LEDs were hot glued from the factory but still didn't stay in place; the reason these fall out is that the inside of the cone is very smooth so there was really no where for the hot glue to adhere. I used one of my dental picks to rough up the inside a little bit by making tiny swirls in the plastic, this gives the hot glue something to grab onto. 4 years later...the LEDS are still in place, yet only a small amount of force is all that's needed to pull them out if I need to. Ever since them, I perform this same procedure for spot light LEDs on all my new Sterns.

#13428 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Im not going to wait for it to happen but the ball gets stuck under here if I hops

You can get rid of that plastic. Mines been gone for years and the ball has never jumped off the guide.

#13429 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You can get rid of that plastic. Mines been gone for years and the ball has never jumped off the guide.

Not what we were talking about. Shooter lane problems UNDER where you are looking. I want to stick some guitar picks or something where you are talking about

#13430 5 years ago

So I thought I had some burnt out or loose bulbs in the back of the play field........2 light assemblies were crushed with the wires ripped out. It is clearly from being caught on the prop rails and slammed back into place. Come on stern. This is a joke. These pics might not do justice but here are the damaged pieces. I now have to look up these parts, order them, wait and them solder them into place. Nice n.i.b.

20180522_122909 (resized).jpg20180522_122909 (resized).jpg

#13431 5 years ago

On a brighter note, this arrived today.
Snake fangs/tongue and Sparky glowing wires for his brain bucket

1527043486713748565553 (resized).jpg1527043486713748565553 (resized).jpg

#13432 5 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Yep, sorry about that.
For those MET owners who aren't into modding, don't waste your time watching this video. My MET is now complete with every conceivable mod possible.
» YouTube video

That's one full pf....but your missing my 2 mods.

#13433 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Thanks! Looking forward to getting that... even though it may not be necessary I would like to have a spare on hand just in case any wear ever occurred

the part no. is: 535-0749-00

#13434 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So I thought I had some burnt out or loose bulbs in the back of the play field........2 light assemblies were crushed with the wires ripped out. It is clearly from being caught on the prop rails and slammed back into place. Come on stern. This is a joke. These pics might not do justice but here are the damaged pieces. I now have to look up these parts, order them, wait and them solder them into place. Nice n.i.b.

Email Stern direct. I am sure they will look after you, where pinside will probably not.

#13435 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Email Stern direct. I am sure they will look after you, where pinside will probably not.

Did that first of course
Need to find the part number though

#13436 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I used a little bit of lock-tite on the two spotlights and posts to make sure they don't move around any more.
But I stil have issues with the LED's popping out. Every 20 something games, one of the LED bulbs fly across the playfield!
Any tips on how to fix them more firmly?
I'm done searching for them every time. I'm almost considering a tiny dab of hot glue...

Had the same annoying issue. Put a carefully placed dab of crazy glue on both sides of the spotlight bulbs and reinserted them. They aren’t popping out anymore. I still need to put loctite on the two posts as they rotate after a few games. I also changed the shaker setting from maximum to moderate.

#13437 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Had the same annoying issue. Put a carefully placed dab of crazy glue on both sides of the spotlight bulbs and reinserted them. They aren’t popping out anymore. I still need to put loctite on the two posts as they rotate after a few games. I also changed the shaker setting from maximum to moderate.

I applied the solution as suggested by @Who-Dev and it seems to work great! Much more graceful then using glue.

See earlier post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/268#post-4411497

#13438 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I applied the solution as suggested by @Who-Dev and it seems to work great! Much more graceful then using glue.
See earlier post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/268#post-4411497

Vireland gets all the credit because hes the one who posted the fix. I just remembered he did it and passed it on to you. I have a spotlight that keeps losing its bulb also and i will be doing the same fix in a day or two. Vireland is the man!

#13439 5 years ago

i think it was epotech who designed these for keeping LEDs in their holders:

IMG_0426 (resized).JPGIMG_0426 (resized).JPG

IMG_0425 (resized).JPGIMG_0425 (resized).JPG

#13440 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the part no. is: 535-0749-00

Thanks for that! Doesn't look like either Marco or Pinball Life carries it... will check with my distributor or direct from Stern.

#13441 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Thanks for that! Doesn't look like either Marco or Pinball Life carries it... will check with my distributor or direct from Stern.

I got mine direct from stern

#13442 5 years ago

Looked at the track list online an realized I'm missing "end of the line" as an option. Is this standard? Does it ONLY play if you enter end of the line e gameplay? Seems odd.

Also is there an option to make the song you choose continue through all balls. The song restarts every time you sewer.
Thanks

#13443 5 years ago

It should not start over

#13444 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Looked at the track list online an realized I'm missing "end of the line" as an option. Is this standard? Does it ONLY play if you enter end of the line e gameplay? Seems odd.
Also is there an option to make the song you choose continue through all balls. The song restarts every time you sewer.
Thanks

EOTL is not an available song choice at the start of the game. Only used during final wizard mode.

Songs do not restart at the beginning when you drain, but at a different later point in the song. Often this sounds very similar to the beginning but if you listen closely or play for a minute or so you will hear it's different. There is no option to continue the song exactly where you left off when the last ball was drained.

#13445 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks

The only moment I will EVER hear EOTL playing thru my pinball machine’s speakers is by activating the jukebox. :-/

(enable from within game adjustments (in conjunction with free play) and activate by holding a flipper button while in attract mode)

#13446 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

EOTL is not an available song choice at the start of the game. Only used during final wizard mode.
Songs do not restart at the beginning when you drain, but at a different later point in the song. Often this sounds very similar to the beginning but if you listen closely or play for a minute or so you will hear it's different. There is no option to continue the song exactly where you left off when the last ball was drained.

I just tried. They actually start over every ball. I tried sewering immediately or waiting a minute. Starts over. Lame

#13447 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I just tried. They actually start over every ball. I tried sewering immediately or waiting a minute. Starts over. Lame

It depends on the song and there’re certain key points within a song at which the machine returns upon the next ball.
So no exact resuming where you left of.

That’s one of Stern’s firsts with #IMDN by the way.

#13448 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Incorrect. There are checkpoints that you have to make it to for all the songs. Otherwise it does start over. Don’t drain so quick lol...problem solved

#13449 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Much more graceful then using glue.

I use the method of putting electric tape around the base of the bulb like a 'U' (cut so the wires are exposed). The bulb pushes in VERY securely and never falls out.

#13450 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Incorrect. There are checkpoints that you have to make it to for all the songs. Otherwise it does start over. Don’t drain so quick lol...problem solved

Playing around with it, it seems like the songs each have one checkpoint near the middle to restart at but that's it. Gets a little annoying playing with a 5yr old. Oh well.
May have to look into the track swapping I've heard so much about. There are a couple songs that I'm just never going to choose for a pinball game. I'm looking at you Enter Sandman, Unforgiven and Fade to Black........tempo is way off for this game.
How is Hit the lights NOT in a game where you literally hit lights? No Whiplash? Come on lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/269?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.