C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 434.
#13351 5 years ago
Quoted from rad:

I have a problem with my MET pro - I am trying to update the code to the latest version but I am getting an error and I'd like to see if anybody else has seen this same error.
Here is the error -
"update failed" "Error Code: 1"
I have erased the thumb drive and downloaded the code to the drive again and then tried to install it again and I get the same error. I have searched the web and I haven't found any other people coming across Error Code 1. I will keep looking and reach out to Stern. If anybody has any experience with this, please let me know. Thank you.

What format is the file on your flash drive? What version of boot rom is installed on the MPU? (sticker on the chip should show version)

#13352 5 years ago

Might try a different memory stick. Heard stories of games being picky about brand.

#13353 5 years ago

Isn't there a different Pro and Premium code? You may have downloaded the Premium code.

#13354 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Might try a different memory stick. Heard stories of games being picky about brand.

Games are also picky about the size of the memory stick. I think it needs to be an 8GB flash drive.

#13355 5 years ago

thanks for the feedback/advice. I'll need to check the various suggestions tonight. I do know that the format is fat32 and that the code I downloaded was for the Pro but it is probably worth downloading again just to make sure (I've done it twice so far with the same results, so maybe the third time is a charm, especially if I made a mistake the previous times). Additionally, I'll try a different memory stick (at least 8GB, properly formatted).

Will report back later. Thanks again.
Conrad.

IMG_0540 (resized).JPGIMG_0540 (resized).JPG

#13356 5 years ago

Hmmm, just got a message from Stern (a reply to my support inquiry) and they are suggesting that it may be an issue with the CPU and that I should contact my distributor to have the board sent in for repair.

This was a game I picked up this past year (used) and I have no idea who the original distributor was. I'll try a few of the earlier suggestions first before figuring out the logistics of getting the board to Stern.

#13357 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is literally a matter of millimeters with one game varying slightly from the next. Last night I decided to look into this a lot more closely. I realized a fast traveling ball on my game must be hitting perfectly on center of the post as it is coming around the orbit in order to bounce back 90% of the time even with the metal post installed. I decided that I could move the post slightly by bending the up post coil bracket a little. With the playfield vertical, I bent the bracket downward a few degrees. This had the effect of moving the post a little bit toward the front of the playfield (without any sort of rubbing because the metal plunger is significantly thinner than the hole in the playfield). Now the ball hits a little off center towards the back side of the post and doesn't seem to bounce directly back as much. I played a few quick games and 5 out of 6 fast left orbits didn't bounce back. Time will tell but it looks like the little change helped.
So here is my working theory. The metal plunger helps because it is not quite as bouncy and more importantly it is a little thinner diameter. Being thinner makes it less likely to get a dead-on hit that bounces straight back. Some games (like mine) come from the factory with a combination of the back rail geometry and the coil bracket position that puts the post in the exact center of the ball path. Anything that can be done to change the path of the ball can possibly help give an off-center hit on the post. Maybe even playfield incline?

My game was 95 percent rejects no matter plastic or metal plunger. I bent the bracket back a bit and now it catches all the balls.

#13358 5 years ago
Quoted from rad:

I have a problem with my MET pro - I am trying to update the code to the latest version but I am getting an error and I'd like to see if anybody else has seen this same error.
Here is the error -
"update failed" "Error Code: 1"
I have erased the thumb drive and downloaded the code to the drive again and then tried to install it again and I get the same error. I have searched the web and I haven't found any other people coming across Error Code 1. I will keep looking and reach out to Stern. If anybody has any experience with this, please let me know. Thank you.

Had this on SMVE a while back. Grabbed a new thumb drive, formatted it with a 3rd party utility (might have been Sandisk), and worked for me.

#13359 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

My game was 95 percent rejects no matter plastic or metal plunger. I bent the bracket back a bit and now it catches all the balls.

This is a very interesting update. At this point I think the rejections can be helped by a combination of replacing the post with a metal one and bending the coil bracket if needed. My game was the same as yours - 95% rejection even with the metal post until I bent the bracket and changed the spot the ball hit on.

#13360 5 years ago

And I'm in the club.....

So much fun

20180512_161049 (resized).jpg20180512_161049 (resized).jpg

#13361 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is a very interesting update. At this point I think the rejections can be helped by a combination of replacing the post with a metal one and bending the coil bracket if needed. My game was the same as yours - 95% rejection even with the metal post until I bent the bracket and changed the spot the ball hit on.

What do you mean by bending? Are you talking about making the post come up at a slight angle, ?

#13362 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What do you mean by bending? Are you talking about making the post come up at a slight angle, ?

Yes, bending the bracket under the playfield. If you raise the playfield and bend the post coil bracket downward a little it will make the post move slightly towards the flippers. Bending it the other way will make it move up towards the orbit guide rail. The theory is that the ball is hitting dead center and bouncing back. If you can get it to hit off center it will not bounce back as much or at all. This is a tiny difference from game to game. As for coming up at an angle, who knows how it comes from the factory, it could already be at an angle and just needs to be straightened!

One other note is that after bending the bracket it will affect the height of the post when down. You will have to re-adjust it to make it flush again with the playfield again and not a ball trap. There is a screw and lock nut on the bottom of the post that make this easy.

#13363 5 years ago

Hey guys, I've put about 50 games on my new Met, but have now started noticing the left flipper starts to get week after 5-10 mins play. I will contact my distro on monday, but till then, any thoughts?

#13364 5 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Hey guys, I've put about 50 games on my new Met, but have now started noticing the left flipper starts to get week after 5-10 mins play. I will contact my distro on monday, but till then, any thoughts?

Take the glass off and make sure there is a little up and down play in the flipper. If not it will rub down below the playfield and heat up the coil. It should be able to move up and down a few millimeters.

#13365 5 years ago

And you also should check that its not dragging on the top of the playfield. Should have a credit card thicknes gap.

With the game off does it seem to move as freely as the left flipper?

#13366 5 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I didnt want to check last night, as i was a few beers deep. Looks like they may have forgotten a coil sleeve in the left coil. It sounds noisey, metal on metal sound, and operation is not as smooth. I'm not going to take coil out to check, as it's only the second day out of the box, and I don't want to void the warranty, but it looks like there is no sleeve in there

20180513_111530 (resized).jpg20180513_111530 (resized).jpg

#13367 5 years ago

The other coil, this one works great

20180513_111511 (resized).jpg20180513_111511 (resized).jpg

#13368 5 years ago

The other coil, this one works great

Yup no sleeve. Easy fix.

#13369 5 years ago

Looks like they may have forgotten a coil sleeve in the left coil

Far out, I’m getting a NIB in a few weeks, if that passed Sterns quality control it’s a bit disconcerting.

#13370 5 years ago

No coil sleeve? That's a new one.

#13371 5 years ago

Ok. Had to find out what's wrong and had a look. There was a sleeve in there, but it is a little short. There was a bit of metal filings around the coil stop. Iput a old sleeve from a jurassic park I used to have in and its the exact right size, it's Flippin good for now

20180513_155307 (resized).jpg20180513_155307 (resized).jpg

#13372 5 years ago

Ok. Had to find out what's wrong and had a look. There was a sleeve in there, but it is a little short. There was a bit of metal filings around the coil stop. Iput a old sleeve from a jurassic park I used to have in and its the exact right size, it's Flippin good for now

Good work, you won't have any problems now. Sure looked like there was no sleeve in there.

#13373 5 years ago

Installed creeping death side blades, snake fangs and tongue, and extended sparky protector.cut some mylar for sparky magnet. Distro has a new sleeve and plunger on the way for me...nice.

20180514_121204 (resized).jpg20180514_121204 (resized).jpg

#13374 5 years ago

My left sparky spotlight bulb came out. I cannot find the f'ing thing anywhere.

#13375 5 years ago

check the scoop for the mystery shot, in the snake vuk, behind the captured ball, underneath any playfield plastics, behind sparky, etc...

they tend to ricochet pretty wild sometime when they pop out

#13376 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My left sparky spotlight bulb came out. I cannot find the f'ing thing anywhere.

Also check the bottom of the cabinet... it could've worked its way down the PF, into and through the ball trough and dropping in or around the coin box.

#13377 5 years ago

So, having owned a METLE since 2013 and then a pro LED since '16, last night was the closest I've been to reaching EOTL.

I have my game set for 2 EB max. When I was ready to start my second EB (third ball overall), I had already finished all four CIU modes. All I needed to do was collect the items for EOTL. During this entire game, I never started S&D, and I had all inserts lit for collection except the left ramp. Several times I had to time out the hurry up to prevent S&D from starting. I got in and out of CIU's as quickly as possible, and I tried not to start MB's if I already had a CIU lit.

This was an amazing ball 1 with the 2 EB's. Then an epic fail. Keep in mind that I wasn't trying for a high score. I was trying to reach EOTL, but the pic below shows how bad I failed on ball 2 and ball 3 (balls 4 and 5, respectively).

The score in the upper left is before starting my second EB. Upper right is before starting ball 2. Lower left is before starting ball 3. Lower right is final score.

Ugggghh!

MET Score (resized).pngMET Score (resized).png

#13378 5 years ago

Oh man, that sucks... I've been there - well, not THAT good, but in the boat of "amazing first ball - 150M points" only to finish like 170M or so... /sigh

#13379 5 years ago

Decided to powdercoat my wireform so that it looks like the snakes tail. It looks pretty good. Contact me if your interested

20180514_182359 (resized).jpg20180514_182359 (resized).jpg

20180514_184756 (resized).jpg20180514_184756 (resized).jpg

20180514_184800 (resized).jpg20180514_184800 (resized).jpg

20180514_182418 (resized).jpg20180514_182418 (resized).jpg

20180514_182416 (resized).jpg20180514_182416 (resized).jpg

20180514_184749 (resized).jpg20180514_184749 (resized).jpg

20180514_184753 (resized).jpg20180514_184753 (resized).jpg

#13380 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Decided to powdercoat my wireform so that it looks like the snakes tail. It looks pretty good. Contact me if your interested

Very nice! Was thinking about doing this as well. Unfortunately you don’t live nearby so shipping back and forth is too expensive.

#13381 5 years ago

Is that ramp painted green and yellow, or are lights shining on it?

#13382 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Is that ramp painted green and yellow, or are lights shining on it?

Pinstadium light reflection on ramps

#13383 5 years ago

Pinstadium light reflection on ramps

Wow, that's a really cool unintentional effect!

#13384 5 years ago

Alright guys, If you were to list your huo pro in great shape with the lightshow mod and spinners running through the mod, what price would you ask? I'm clueless on what one goes for with the added lightshow.

#13385 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Alright guys, If you were to list your huo pro in great shape with the lightshow mod and spinners running through the mod, what price would you ask? I'm clueless on what one goes for with the added lightshow.

Normally I would say that mod's don't really add up to the price since not everybody will be a fan. But I think the lightshow would be an exception since it actually an upgrade to the premium version. So add the costs of the upgrade to the price. (But some collectors won't like the addition of the spinners since you modified the playfield and plastics to make them fit)

I recently bought a 1,5 years "old" Pro HUO LED version stock for about $ 1000,- less then a new one. But prices of new machines are much higher here then in the US, especially if you factor in currency conversion.

#13386 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Led or regular? Not that is matters too much.

$4700-$4800?

I think Stern just moved Street prices on MET and non LCD games up to $5399?? This is high for nonLCDs game IMHO. Adding a color dmd on them is $$

#13387 5 years ago

Pinside lists the average price between $4620 - $5380. I'd assume that is without the Total Lightshow. I'd have to think you'd get north of $5K for a nice HUO with the lightshow on it. Like Koos said though, mod's can be a tough sell as potential buyers will likely not value them the same as you would. If you're not happy with what people are offering you could remove the modes and sell them separately.

#13388 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm potentially just going to hang onto it anyway just wondering if anyone moved one with those upgrades.

#13389 5 years ago

Nice work !

I also created a do it yourself video on how to do this with spray media if anyones interested.

_joe

#13390 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Nice work !
I also created a do it yourself video on how to do this with spray media if anyones interested.
» YouTube video
_joe

It has been a little better than an a year and half... how has it held up? Any idea how many plays you have on it?

#13391 5 years ago

The clear coat does a nice job of sealing the paint and texture..so really held up well. I did see one or two little chips after I first installed but that was just excess paint that I missed really.

#13392 5 years ago

Did I miss an announcement? Is there a new run of premies in the pipeline???

https://gameexchange.biz/products/deposit-only-metallica-premium-monsters

Edit: oh. The dates. Right. Seems like someone really oughta update their webpage.

#13393 5 years ago

I used a little bit of lock-tite on the two spotlights and posts to make sure they don't move around any more.

But I stil have issues with the LED's popping out. Every 20 something games, one of the LED bulbs fly across the playfield!
Any tips on how to fix them more firmly?

I'm done searching for them every time. I'm almost considering a tiny dab of hot glue...

#13395 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I used a little bit of lock-tite on the two spotlights and posts to make sure they don't move around any more.
But I stil have issues with the LED's popping out. Every 20 something games, one of the LED bulbs fly across the playfield!
Any tips on how to fix them more firmly?
I'm done searching for them every time. I'm almost considering a tiny dab of hot glue...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights

#13396 5 years ago

Anyone else ever have to replace the little Cliffy-style protector in front of the snake? Mine has raised up slightly above the playfield and has become a ball trap at times. It looks like the newton ball (this is a pro) and the left post on the left ramp would have to be removed to take it out. I wonder if it's possible to bend it back to being straight, or if I'm going to go to the trouble to take it out, maybe I should just replace it. Anyone happen to know the part number of that piece offhand?

#13397 5 years ago

What a coincidence that this was posted 5 days ago. Will try this for sure. Thanks!

#13398 5 years ago

I'll try that.....if I can ever find the bulb that popped out.....grrrrrrr.

#13399 5 years ago

I've had my nib Met pro for 2 days. There were a couple small issues to resolve but it's great. My only problem at the moment in the ball launch. I'm not sure yet exactly what is wrong but I'm 90% sure it has to do with the first piece of metal the ball touches down the shooter lane. The ball rarely wants to clear the lane and skill shot area smoothly. Most of the time the ball just jostles around on the way up the launch and either end up in the pops or doesn't keep much speed going for the super skill. This seriously effects gameplay. Occasionally on launch the ball will actually jump and get stuck above the launch area in the underside of the wires from the right ramp. This means taking the glass off every 30 games or so.
If this were an older pin my first thought is to take the metal piece out, grind the front lips down more and replace it. This is like a new car to me though. I shouldn't have to and don't really want to have to Jimmy fix things.
Any way long story I know.
I'm looking for any advice from anyone who has had the same issues. Are there simply some adjustments I could be tweaking to get it smoother? Thanks
Ps. Could some tell me which plastic post to metal post everyone keeps mentioning in this thread? I can't the details in this thread. It is constantly referred to as "that post" lol.
Pss. Can't wait for all my bells and whistles to arrive.

20180520_004022 (resized).jpg20180520_004022 (resized).jpg

#13400 5 years ago

Also if someone could send me a link to somewhere that sells ball jump guards, specifically the extended plastic protector at Sparkys feet please. Major ball jump area.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,600 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/268 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.