IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 433.
#13251 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Lighted speaker panel installed. This is a prototype, and much of this panel will be changed when we start producing.
» YouTube video

Will these fit on the original non LED PRO versions? It has a plain speaker.

#13252 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I temp-traded pinnyheadhead my MET for a SMVE for about 2 months. Lucky for me, he fell in love with it and bought his own MET, and now my MET is back home. I really enjoyed SMVE but it's a very different kind of pin. There's nothing like MET, accept no substitutes.

Temp trades are the best! The days of buying a game to try and trade it out are dwindling with the higher costs of these things.

I never got the "magic" of MET for years. Even first month Temp trade MET was in my house not much was going on. Messaged pinball expert and MET owner Who-dey and he made me give it a strong shot and I had a breakthrough. Sold my poor man's POTC and luckily a nice MET came up the next day. Sold!

Moral - don't be biased or close minded about a pin or even worse a whole pinball company's pins. Keep trying to connect with any pin. You never know.

I own MET - F yeah!

#13253 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I temp-traded pinnyheadhead my MET for a SMVE for about 2 months. Lucky for me, he fell in love with it and bought his own MET, and now my MET is back home. I really enjoyed SMVE but it's a very different kind of pin. There's nothing like MET, accept no substitutes.

I have temp trade offers for a shadow or TWD right now.. haven't decided if im gonna trade tho! I did JM for BK2K and enjoyed the change up for a while! Hmmm

#13254 5 years ago

I’ve pimped out MET, LOTR, Congo, Fathom and IM as temp-trades over the years. Those trades gave me several months with WCS, BSD, I500, Tron, Jack*Bot, SMVE, Tommy and a few others I’m forgetting. It’s way less hassle than buying and selling pins.

#13255 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Any Met Pro LED owners here with a ColorDMD LED Version?
I want to know if the LED panel doesn’t have the gap the LCD version has. Since you need to add stand-off posts on the newer metal back boxes.
I’m not sure if I like the additional distance of the panel and that I need to tape the edges.

I used weatherstripping on my ST panel to create a nice border for my ColorDMD & stop light bleed from my lighted speakers. No concerns on the stand off spacing for me.

F503E94D-1E12-438B-AFC3-DA384B7525BA (resized).jpegF503E94D-1E12-438B-AFC3-DA384B7525BA (resized).jpeg

4F6FF9BE-FB7E-4B5B-9019-163B9F983A71 (resized).jpeg4F6FF9BE-FB7E-4B5B-9019-163B9F983A71 (resized).jpeg

#13256 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Will these fit on the original non LED PRO versions? It has a plain speaker.

That is a wood panel. Yes and no. This specific panel will not replace the wood panel, but we will be making a lighted panel to replace the wood panel. The wood panel should be available about 30 days after we get the metal panel done. A few games have both a metal and wood panel, such as this and Spiderman.

The graphics that we make will be very, very close to the original Stern graphics, and we will also make that design for the metal board. We will also probably make a flame graphic that would work on either board, and maybe one more design.

Also lighted speaker kits with any acrylics will fit on these boards. We are also playing around a little with the lights around the speakers,

We will have this one at Allentown, but this one is a bit rough. When we do production, the board will be smoother and a few other changes. We will be experimenting with the quality of the graphics will be updated in the next 30 days also.

We have one electronic part that the prototype will be in today, if that works fine, then we will be 95% there, just some tweaking. If our electronic part that comes in today works as design, it will give you a couple of options of when to turn on the lighted panel. You could have the panel turn on and off when the game does, or you could have the panel turn on and off from any light in the game, so if you wanted the panel to flash when sparky does, that should be possible. This is the goal, if everything works as we hope, a few variables in that.

For the last year we have received requests for a lot of Stern games, Lord of the Rings, Iron Man, Tron and others. We are planning on doing nearly all of the Stern games, then moving either to Data East or WPC 95 games. Hope to have most Stern done this year.

We have been working on these Stern panels on and off for a couple of years. We had a few problems we had issues over coming. These Stern panels will be built differently then the Bally/Williams panels that we are currently doing. Once we get these Stern panels going, we hope to do a slight upgrade to the Bally/Williams panels.

Dan

#13257 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I used weatherstripping on my ST panel to create a nice border for my ColorDMD & stop light bleed from my lighted speakers. No concerns on the stand off spacing for me.

I did exactly the same thing. I had plenty of light bleed from just the backbox light. Not sure if there is a better way but that is a cheap and easy solution. I think colordmd should have a professional looking spacer to fill in the gap as part of their kit.

#13258 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I did exactly the same thing. I had plenty of light bleed from just the backbox light. Not sure if there is a better way but that is a cheap and easy solution. I think colordmd should have a professional looking spacer to fill in the gap as part of their kit.

what do you think that a neat and clean solution would be worth? I'm thinking of putting together a laser cut black cardstock frame that would sit in front of the colordmd display and extend an inch outwards to act as a light blocker. this would be similar to what stern used to provide with their red LED DMD panels, but about 3x as thick to provide something a bit more rigid

a similar frame for the inside of the backbox to sandwich behind the translite and prevent light leakage from the fluorescent tube would be nice to produce as well, if I can source the materials cheap enough

#13259 5 years ago

I think a 3d printed black molded spacer around the area would sell.

I'd buy one

#13260 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what do you think that a neat and clean solution would be worth? I'm thinking of putting together a laser cut black cardstock frame that would sit in front of the colordmd display and extend an inch outwards to act as a light blocker. this would be similar to what stern used to provide with their red LED DMD panels, but about 3x as thick to provide something a bit more rigid
a similar frame for the inside of the backbox to sandwich behind the translite and prevent light leakage from the fluorescent tube would be nice to produce as well, if I can source the materials cheap enough

Quoted from Raegor:

I'd buy one

I believe I read a pinsider is working on a drop in and go solution for this purpose.

#13261 5 years ago

I will be joining the club at the end of May, I ordered a game on the last container from Sterns current run coming into Australia. I would have loved a premium but there is no secondhand market over here for any Metallica pins other than overpriced LEs. So NIB pro it is, even after I add spinners and total lightshow I will still save over $2000AUD from what we get charged for a premium NIB. As much as the other toys are cool it’s hard to justify spending a further $2k on them anyway.

I just spend 12days scrolling through this entire thread on my iPhone in my spare time taking screenshots of mods and info I’m after. Man are my eyes sore

Can anyone with a LED Pro please tell me if this map of the incandescent pro uses the same bulb types, 44s & 555s, in the same location as the new LED Pro?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-improved-stern-metallica-pro-led-map-and-list

Thanks,
Matt.

#13262 5 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

I will be joining the club at the end of May, I ordered a game on the last container from Sterns current run coming into Australia. I would have loved a premium but there is no secondhand market over here for any Metallica pins other than overpriced LEs. So NIB pro it is, even after I add spinners and total lightshow I will still save over $2000AUD from what we get charged for a premium NIB. As much as the other toys are cool it’s hard to justify spending a further $2k on them anyway.
I just spend 12days scrolling through this entire thread on my iPhone in my spare time taking screenshots of mods and info I’m after. Man are my eyes sore
Can anyone with a LED Pro please tell me if this map of the incandescent pro uses the same bulb types, 44s & 555s, in the same location as the new LED Pro?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-improved-stern-metallica-pro-led-map-and-list
Thanks,
Matt.

The led pro is a great choice. I have one and don’t miss the premium features. Metallica is great as the pro. Mod the thing out, and make it yours with the saved cash. LEDs are standard with standard bayonets or wedges.

#13263 5 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Thanks,
Matt.

Good choice to get a pro you should be very happy with that decision, all the bulbs on that map looks to be the same from what I can remember when I was playing with colors.

#13264 5 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

I'm pretty sure all the sockets are exactly the same. I think the only difference is that the LED Pro came with LEDs installed instead incandescents.

#13265 5 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Thanks,
Matt.

Congrats on your soon to be new game. You are going to love it!

#13266 5 years ago

Cheers, thanks for the replies guys!

#13267 5 years ago

Just got through with a late nite session of MET, i love this damn game!!!

#13268 5 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Can anyone with a LED Pro please tell me if this map of the incandescent pro uses the same bulb types, 44s & 555s, in the same location as the new LED Pro? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-improved-stern-metallica-pro-led-map-and-list

It's seems like a lot of work to cross check every insert but I checked a few spots which I'm sure of and it seems exactly the same. I make some errors while trying to change white LED bulbs for colored ones. I assumed that all inserts were wedge based (555) but sometimes they're combines with bajonet (44) based. For instance the row of Fuel LED's in de center of the playfield uses a combination of both.

Have fun with your Met next week! It's an awesome game!

#13269 5 years ago

I picked a pro up recently myself and I am intrigued by the spinner mod for it. Curious to know if there is a known source for the two plastics that need to be modified. Full Premium/LE plastic sets aren't available from Marco any longer and I'd rather not cut my plastics up.

#13270 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

It's seems like a lot of work to cross check every insert but I checked a few spots which I'm sure of and it seems exactly the same. I make some errors while trying to change white LED bulbs for colored ones. I assumed that all inserts were wedge based (555) but sometimes they're combines with bajonet (44) based. For instance the row of Fuel LED's in de center of the playfield uses a combination of both.
Have fun with your Met next week! It's an awesome game!

Thank you very much for checking those out for me. Looking forward to it, can’t wait!

#13271 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I believe I read a pinsider is working on a drop in and go solution for this purpose.

Do you know who?

#13272 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I picked a pro up recently myself and I am intrigued by the spinner mod for it. Curious to know if there is a known source for the two plastics that need to be modified. Full Premium/LE plastic sets aren't available from Marco any longer and I'd rather not cut my plastics up.

Spinners are cool for sure and look great but the code isn’t supported for the PRO. All that they do is advance pick targets to collect band members quicker.

#13273 5 years ago

I added hooked spinners and dremeled my plastics. I used painters tape as a guide. It went smooth, like it was factory.

#13274 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Spinners are cool for sure and look great but the code isn’t supported for the PRO. All that they do is advance pick targets to collect band members quicker.

If you combine the spinners with Mike's sound caller add-on, then they are even more awesome. You don't have to tie them into the pick targets, and the sound they make even changes depending on the mode.

#13275 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you combine the spinners with Mike's sound caller add-on, then they are even more awesome. You don't have to tie them into the pick targets, and the sound they make even changes depending on the mode.

That sounds cool. Haven’t heard of that board.

#13276 5 years ago

That sounds cool. Haven’t heard of that board.

It's an add-on to the Total Lightshow ...

https://redshiftled.com.au/Total-Lightshow.php

#13277 5 years ago

I understand they aren't integrated, I just love spinners And in-line drop targets! Loving my MET!

#13278 5 years ago

Ahhhh gotcha so you need the total light show mod. I see now

#13279 5 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

I'd buy one

Same here if not too expensive. $20 or less for me. No need for anything fancy.

#13280 5 years ago

I'm contemplating getting rid of my TWD to pick up a MET pro LED.

Wanted to hear from anyone who has owned or played enough of the two titles to make a comparison.

TWD just seems like such a ball drainer to me. You have the occasional epic game, but it's not a game that gives a lot of satisfaction just to step up to and play.

Also, how tough is it to reach EOTL? How would you rate it out of 10 on difficulty? Let's say Valinor is a 10. And if you've reached BFTK on MM, I'd like to know what you rate that out of 10 to gauge.

#13281 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Wanted to hear from anyone who has owned or played enough of the two titles to make a comparison.
TWD just seems like such a ball drainer to me. You have the occasional epic game, but it's not a game that gives a lot of satisfaction just to step up to and play.
Also, how tough is it to reach EOTL? How would you rate it out of 10 on difficulty? Let's say Valinor is a 10. And if you've reached BFTK on MM, I'd like to know what you rate that out of 10 to gauge.

I have TWD and MET both and they are both epic games that I'll never sell, not by choice anyways. TWD is hard AF and frustrating but its a great great game that keeps you coming back for more. MET is much easier as far as keeping the ball in play and its far less frustrating. Its still a game that will challenge you but i have to say that its more relaxing and less frustrating. With that being said, it would be my guess that a really skilled player would choose TWD just because it presents such a challenge.

Ive never got to the end of the line and from what i hear its very difficult so i probably never will. There are still the crank it up modes that are easy to get to and loads of fun in MET. Just by hearing you talk, i would say that you would probably enjoy MET more than TWD. Dont forget about Iron Maiden also, that game is epic as well.

#13282 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have TWD and MET both and they are both epic games that I'll never sell, not by choice anyways. TWD is hard AF and frustrating but its a great great game that keeps you coming back for more. MET is much easier as far as keeping the ball in play and its far less frustrating. Its still a game that will challenge you but i have to say that its more relaxing and less frustrating. With that being said, it would be my guess that a really skilled player would choose TWD just because it presents such a challenge.
Ive never got to the end of the line and from what i hear its very difficult so i probably never will. There are still the crank it up modes that are easy to get to and loads of fun in MET. Just by hearing you talk, i would say that you would probably enjoy MET more than TWD. Dont forget about Iron Maiden also, that game is epic as well.

I've had a few really good games on TWD, but I find that the average game is just spent playing defense as every shot presents a dangerous return. Shooting the prison is suicide compared to Sparky, and they are similarly positioned.

Maiden is a very cool game, but not having any toys issort of the deal breaker for me. I'm also not too hot on that left ramp shot between the bumpers. Same reason I hate the tunnel shot in TWD.

#13283 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've had a few really good games on TWD, but I find that the average game is just spent playing defense as every shot presents a dangerous return. Shooting the prison is suicide compared to Sparky, and they are similarly positioned.
Maiden is a very cool game, but not having any toys issort of the deal breaker for me. I'm also not too hot on that left ramp shot between the bumpers. Same reason I hate the tunnel shot in TWD.

I just recently got a MET Premium and i absolutely love it. I couldn't decide between the Premium and the Pro but i went with the Premium and glad i did because i like the soinners, light show, and the hammer, which i didn't really think i would like but its a cool toy. If money is a little bit of an object though, go Pro and don't look back because MET is a very strong Pro. MET has great artwork, great rules, and absolutely a killer playfield design. Its an amazing game man for real, so much fun.

#13284 5 years ago

I recently just picked up a Met pro and I am loving it so far! Have a quick question for you guys. When does the diverter pop up for the left orbit? It seems like whenever I hit the left orbit it shoots back down and doesn't make a loop?

Thanks!

#13285 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I had a TWD Pro and i think exactly the same. The code is really good but it's more frustrating than anything. If you want fun, Met, no question. I had to sell one machine recently, and it was between Met and TWD, i choosed to keep Met, and it was the better choice.

#13286 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If Valinor is a 10, then EOTL is also a 10. I've never reached either and I'm ranked better than 200 on IFPA. YMMV!

#13287 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I recently just picked up a Met pro and I am loving it so far! Have a quick question for you guys. When does the diverter pop up for the left orbit? It seems like whenever I hit the left orbit it shoots back down and doesn't make a loop?
Thanks!

Common issue. It is supposed to stop ball and drop in pop bumpers. Replace stock plastic post with metal one and that should really help.

#13288 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Common issue. It is supposed to stop ball and drop in pop bumpers. Replace stock plastic post with metal one and that should really help.

I know there are links inpast forums...but I’m being lazy. Do you have a link?

#13289 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Ok! Thanks so much. I'll search for this topic. Do you just buy metal posts from marco?

#13290 5 years ago

Thanks!

This will fix 99.9999% of all left orbit rejects.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/46#post-2277072

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=A-17986

#13292 5 years ago

Thanks! You guys are awesome. Since I'm on a roll with the questions what do you guys set your pitch at?

I just set mine up where the little bubble level thing from the factory says to. Thats abiut 6.5-6.7 degrees i believe

#13293 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If Valinor is a 10, then EOTL is also a 10. I've never reached either and I'm ranked better than 200 on IFPA. YMMV!

And out of curiosity, what is BFTK and/or RTU out of 10?

#13294 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This will fix 99.9999% of all left orbit rejects.

Ok so just to clarify; when I shoot the left orbit during normal gameplay, my ball should not return over the same path?

I’m not sure how a metal pin should change this bevaiour over a plastic one.

#13295 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Ok so just to clarify; when I shoot the left orbit during normal gameplay, my ball should not return over the same path?

Correct.

And just accept that it fixes it. It does. There’s a lot of history on it.

#13296 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Yep you are correct and i dont see how or why it fixes it either but it 100% does and it makes the game alot more fun! Its an easy fix but take pictures before you take it apart just in case you forget how it goes back together. I also had to adjust the new metal rod a little after i installed it because it was sitting up above the playfield a tad. Not sure why because i think its the same size as the old one but i really didnt check them when i had them both in my hand before installing the metal one. Maybe i didn't put it back together exactly the same way or something, im not really sure lol. All i know is it works and im glad that i listened to the guys in this thread and did it.

#13297 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Oh there is a technician error. Looks like it is switch #64. Now I have a better search.

Wanted to provide some closure. The technician error was bogus. The actual problem was an opto in the coffin trough was not working. I unplugged both opto ends from the board and plugged them back in and now everything is working A-OK. I wish I knew how to use a multimeter but, hey, that is probably a topic for another time.

#13298 5 years ago

Is there a shaker control in the menu? (Premium)
Mine rattles the hell out of the game. Tried some cushion under it and tightened it down . Slight better but still annoying.
I'd like to.tone the shake down a bit.

#13299 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is there a shaker control in the menu? (Premium)
Mine rattles the hell out of the game. Tried some cushion under it and tightened it down . Slight better but still annoying.
I'd like to.tone the shake down a bit.

No, you can control how OFTEN it shakes from the menu, but not how MUCH it shakes. I disconnected the shaker on mine because like you noted, it was ridiculous. You can apparently mess with the shaker itself to try taming it - although it didn't look easy. I might try playing with mine at some point, but for now, with the subwoofer, I don't see the need.

#13300 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

No, you can control how OFTEN it shakes from the menu, but not how MUCH it shakes. I disconnected the shaker on mine because like you noted, it was ridiculous. You can apparently mess with the shaker itself to try taming it - although it didn't look easy. I might try playing with mine at some point, but for now, with the subwoofer, I don't see the need.

Im almost thinking about doing the same thing. I do love shakers but i dont think i will miss it much if i turn it off. I dont like how much it shakes when the hammer smashes the ball into the coffin. I have shakers in all my games except AS and truthfully it doesn't bother me at all not having one.

I also know that it supposedly doesn't tone down the vibration when you change the settings but i will say this, my GB was shaking way too much when it went into storage facility multiball and i set it to minimal use and it doesn't shake as violently now. It definitely changed how long it shakes ir something. I may try turning it down on MET and see what happens. If it doesnt help i think I'll just disable it. Its not worth shaking my game apart.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 25.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/266 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.