C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 434.
#13201 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Does anyone have any insight on whether Stern will do yet another run of Metallica Premiums? I'm finally in a position to where I'm able to purchase one and get the whole refinery edition done but of course now everyone seems to be sold out on the NIB. I'm hoping I can still get one.

Can the Refinery get you one, have you asked them?

#13202 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Does anyone have any insight on whether Stern will do yet another run of Metallica Premiums? I'm finally in a position to where I'm able to purchase one and get the whole refinery edition done but of course now everyone seems to be sold out on the NIB. I'm hoping I can still get one.

Stern has a list of distributors on their website. Maybe you could try messaging them and ask if they one in stock. It worked for an IMDN Le customer!

#13203 6 years ago

As of a few weeks ago, Automated and Tilt Amusements had them available, but were charging full MSRP (like $7,600) because they are no longer being made. I didn’t bite at that price. Jason at Classic Game Rooms told me there might be another small run of Premiums, but it’s not currently on Stern’s
Production schedule—no guarantees. If IMDN demand is huge, that could mean another MET Prem run is less likely. Maybe I’ll wait for the vault with a—hopefully—more reliable hammer mech/magnet board!

#13204 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

So close to getting my name on my game... only 10 million away, and I lost both balls of a multiball on my 3rd ball... so close!!! Argh!!!
(I bought it from a pinsider and told him to keep his scores so I had something to aim for... almost 6 months later, I'm still trying...)

I always erase the old high scores when I buy a used pinball. It is my game, in my house, I don't want to be looking at some strangers high scores, that just seems like torture.

#13205 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I always erase the old high scores when I buy a used pinball. It is my game, in my house, I don't want to be looking at some strangers high scores, that just seems like torture.

Agreed, it's one thing if it's a friend or family member but why keep strangers' scores on your machine?

#13206 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

As of a few weeks ago, Automated and Tilt Amusements had them available, but were charging full MSRP (like $7,600) because they are no longer being made. I didn’t bite at that price. Jason at Classic Game Rooms told me there might be another small run of Premiums, but it’s not currently on Stern’s
Production schedule—no guarantees. If IMDN demand is huge, that could mean another MET Prem run is less likely. Maybe I’ll wait for the vault with a—hopefully—more reliable hammer mech/magnet board!

Yeah $7600 is a bit much especially since I could have gotten one not long ago from cointaker for $6800 delivered. Cointaker said they have an order in for 10 more if Stern makes them again so I guess I'll just wait and see if that comes through and if not then I'm sure some nice HUOs will pop up from time to time.

#13207 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

That's bad ass!
Does Lars know about this? Lol. They want their cut.

This project was comissioned by James Hetfield before the Stern version. Dirty Donny was the artist. It's what got him hired to do Stern's MET. I think James did some call-outs for it, too.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95753-Metallica-Pinball-The-Tale-of-a-Custom-Built-Table

#13208 6 years ago

If you want to know the story behind that custom Metallica we covered it years ago at Ars (where I work):

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/10/metal-on-metal-behind-the-scenes-on-a-custom-pinball-game/

We've explored what it takes to collect and refurbish existing pinball machines, but what if you want your own, custom game? Creating a one-of-a-kind pinball experience is a much different beast, but we were able to catch up with Wade Krause and Tanio Klyce, two men who put together a special table for some big pinball fans: Metallica.

"[Singer] James Hetfield saw the Hellacopters game that [artist Dirty Donny] and I made a few years ago and he wanted us to build him a custom game," Krause told Ars. That was the genesis of the project, but it takes real ingenuity to take an existing machine and modify it so that both the art and the play matches the feel of a band. Here's how they Krause and Klyce pulled it off.

#13209 6 years ago

I'm sure Hetfield have some pinball machines in his house(s).

#13210 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I'm sure Hetfield have some pinball machines in his house(s).

And it's just one more reason MET is special. The actual band members or some of them play pins and the fact that band members are voicing the callouts make it even more special. Who wants to hear some generic voice when you can have James yelling JACK FUCKIN POT! Not me!

#13211 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And it's just one more reason MET is special. The actual band members or some of them play pins and the fact that band members are voicing the callouts make it even more special. Who wants to hear some generic voice when you can have James yelling JACK FUCKIN POT! Not me!

Man MET call outs are awesome! Word is that Steven Tyler is adding some on AS. Fingers crossed.

I feel that Stern should only work with bands who would dig to have a pinball made about them with their music. Met was into it for sure! Heard Slash was back in the day. IMDN seems to be into it getting 50 LE's that they apparently not going to try to sell and screw their fans on. We need more bands like these and not ones just looking for a payday.

#13212 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

IMDN seems to be into it getting 50 LE's that they apparently not going to try to sell and screw their fans on. We need more bands like these and not ones just looking for a payday.

wait a second. are you saying that gene simmons was just in it for the money?!? are you stating that those paper play cards that gene and ace signed for the KISS LEs weren't printed on $3200 bills?

color me shocked

#13213 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Man MET call outs are awesome!

Yes, EXCEPT for the Lars callouts.

#13214 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Yes, EXCEPT for the Lars callouts.

James’ call outs really stand out but not sure who’s who on the other ones...

Man that mystery scoop is hard to hit when you need it! Starting CIU, but especially to collect the jackpot! Haven’t been able to collect a single CIU jackpot so far!!

My current high score is 215 million something after two CIU’s. Not bad if I say so myself after owning it for just four days.

#13215 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

James’ call outs really stand out but not sure who’s who on the other ones...
Man that mystery scoop is hard to hit when you need it! Starting CIU, but especially to collect the jackpot! Haven’t been able to collect a single CIU jackpot so far!!

Yeah, I can't hit the scoop either... And trying usually results in the ball rebounding quickly SDTM. So I rely on the bouncing off the bumpers to get in. Sucks... Or more likely, I do.

#13216 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah, I can't hit the scoop either... And trying usually results in the ball rebounding quickly SDTM. So I rely on the bouncing off the bumpers to get in. Sucks... Or more likely, I do.

I can’t ever get it in the scope either. Especially when that red bulb is flashing for an extra ball and you are already on ball 3 and need the extra soooo bad lolol

#13217 6 years ago

I very rarely go for the extra ball as I can't hit that shot regularly. Even when CIU is lit and I nail the shot it sometimes bounces out. I have been fortunate enough to hit the Jackpot a couple of times with a high score of 284 million. I've owned the machine for about 9 months and I've just started scratching the surface on games regularly in the 100-200 mill range. The most I've ever completed was 2 CIU and that wasn't my high score. I still have a long ways to go.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I moved the outlane post down as well. I am so glad I did too, especially for other people that come over and play. They have gotten so much further in the game now that I adjusted that post.

#13218 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I very rarely go for the extra ball as I can't hit that shot regularly. Even when CIU is lit and I nail the shot it sometimes bounces out. I have been fortunate enough to hit the Jackpot a couple of times with a high score of 284 million. I've owned the machine for about 9 months and I've just started scratching the surface on games regularly in the 100-200 mill range. The most I've ever completed was 2 CIU and that wasn't my high score. I still have a long ways to go.
Edit: I forgot to mention that I moved the outlane post down as well. I am so glad I did too, especially for other people that come over and play. They have gotten so much further in the game now that I adjusted that post.

Yeah my posts are closed up also. I still suck!! Haha

#13219 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I closed my left outlane post -- I left the right one normal because that one wasn't pissing me off every game.

#13220 6 years ago

Yeah Lars’ call outs suck, especially when he says “Hey Kid ....” Can’t stand that one, didn’t they know it would be played by adults too? Stupid as shit.

#13221 6 years ago

Anyone able to hit the Fuel lane regularly? That seems to be harder for me to get than the scoop.

#13222 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah Lars’ call outs suck, especially when he says “Hey Kid ....” Can’t stand that one, didn’t they know it would be played by adults too? Stupid as shit.

Change them in Pinball Browser.

#13223 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Anyone able to hit the Fuel lane regularly? That seems to be harder for me to get than the scoop.

It seems to be easier for me from a roll. From a trap I always miss it.

#13224 6 years ago

Definitely easier from a roll.

#13225 6 years ago

James and Rob callouts are the best; i love when Rob says "Goofy ass little snake" (i don't know what he says at the beginning)
Kirk callouts are.. ok
Lars... well, it's Lars, like him

#13226 6 years ago

Is there a way to stop Lars from coming over to my house and claiming I owe him quarters from the coin box??

#13227 6 years ago

Any Met Pro LED owners here with a ColorDMD LED Version?

I want to know if the LED panel doesn’t have the gap the LCD version has. Since you need to add stand-off posts on the newer metal back boxes.

I’m not sure if I like the additional distance of the panel and that I need to tape the edges.

#13228 6 years ago

I think the led fits just like the one that comes out of it. The lcd sits back because it is larger then the back panel.

#13229 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Had to work on that shot for awhile but now it’s more consistent when the ball is rolling, from a cradle it’s a lot more difficult. I worked on that shot since it’s so important if you want to double your score on CIU modes, and to get the extra ball after ten shots. Keep practicing that shot and it will become more consistent.

#13230 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I am also looking for a MET Premium NIB, I hope they still make one more batch...

#13231 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I want to know if the LED panel doesn’t have the gap the LCD version has. Since you need to add stand-off posts on the newer metal back boxes.
I’m not sure if I like the additional distance of the panel and that I need to tape the edges.

I have a Pro LED with a ColorDMD LED Version. There is no need to tape the edges, fits great.

#13232 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

My personal opinion is that the LCD being mounted a bit further back has zero negative effect on appearance. Get some weather stripping from your local hardware store to fill the gap.

#13233 6 years ago

I don't have a ColorDMD in my Met yet, but I do have one in my GoT. The LCD in my GoT looks great and the setback does not bother me in the least. I purposely looked at it last night next to the flush mount of the original Met DMD and the setback actually gives the DMD a bit of depth. I will be ordering an LCD for my Met at some point and for me it's not even a close decision.

#13234 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys! And what about colors? I heard that the colors of an LCD version are more 'faint' and that the LED version is brighter. Since Met's LED GI is very bright as well I thought the LED might be a better combination.

Too bad I'm not able to check both out and send one back...

#13235 6 years ago

man I hear this all the time - same question LED vs LCD. When it comes to MET, for the love of god, get the LCD. No comparison. The options you get with LCD (dots or HD/smooth) is reason enough. The brighter colors don't make that big a deal and the blacks are not nearly as black on the LED vs LCD.

Short answer - LCD.

#13236 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Thanks for the feedback guys! And what about colors? I heard that the colors of an LCD version are more 'faint' and that the LED version is brighter. Since Met's LED GI is very bright as well I thought the LED might be a better combination.
Too bad I'm not able to check both out and send one back...

The LED vs LCD debate is all about preference. I personally like the LCD versions, my good friend loves the LED. I actually bought on of the first LED displays for my HS2, hated the way it looked. Swapped it with my friend because he loved it over the LCD.

#13237 6 years ago

For me, it depends on the game. I have an LED in my T2 but an LCD in my MET.

#13238 6 years ago

Hires all the way

#13239 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

man I hear this all the time - same question LED vs LCD. When it comes to MET, for the love of god, get the LCD. No comparison. The options you get with LCD (dots or HD/smooth) is reason enough. The brighter colors don't make that big a deal and the blacks are not nearly as black on the LED vs LCD.
Short answer - LCD.

100% this. LCD just looks better and has more options. LED good for games where LCD does not fit like CV. That's why it was created. Way too bright and too much contrast for me. I would think glare off the glass would be more of an issue as well. You will not notice the setback of the LCD unless you look at it from the sides. Looks perfectly fine standing in the playing position. I put some black weatherstrip material to help hid the gap and keep dust from getting on the lcd.

#13240 6 years ago

Does anybody have a set of these rails that they would sell?

IMG_3097 (resized).jpgIMG_3097 (resized).jpg

#13241 6 years ago

I’ve owned a huo MET Premium for quite some time and years ago I had installed Stern’s updated Cross targets (mech)after my targets were snapping off.
The targets were then dropping perfectly until just recently.

When last playing, I noticed (for the first time in years) that in particular my second and sometimes third cross targets were sticking/staying up sometimes on a direct hit.
Not on all occasions, about a third of the time.

Any suggestions to remedy this? Ie: Would the targets need new springs?
Thanks!

#13242 6 years ago

I've been encountering some strange behavior with the trough on my MET Premium. When I first start the game, the post which keeps the ball in the trough under the hammer keeps activating although there are no balls in there. And sometimes when balls are locked in there, they will eject randomly when they are not supposed to. I've tried searching for this but have come up short. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#13243 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I’ve owned a huo MET Premium for quite some time and years ago I had installed Stern’s updated Cross targets (mech)after my targets were snapping off.
The targets were then dropping perfectly until just recently.
When last playing, I noticed (for the first time in years) that in particular my second and sometimes third cross targets were sticking/staying up sometimes on a direct hit.
Not on all occasions, about a third of the time.
Any suggestions to remedy this? Ie: Would the targets need new springs?
Thanks!

I would say spring needs to be tighter. I had similar problems with the drop target on ST pro I used to own. Only soft hits would register. I shorten the spring and it worked every time.

#13244 6 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

I've been encountering some strange behavior with the trough on my MET Premium. When I first start the game, the post which keeps the ball in the trough under the hammer keeps activating although there are no balls in there. And sometimes when balls are locked in there, they will eject randomly when they are not supposed to. I've tried searching for this but have come up short. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Oh there is a technician error. Looks like it is switch #64. Now I have a better search.

#13245 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would say spring needs to be tighter. I had similar problems with the drop target on ST pro I used to own. Only soft hits would register. I shorten the spring and it worked every time.

Yes, this worked for me.

#13246 6 years ago

Nearly there.

metallica lighted panel 1 (resized).jpgmetallica lighted panel 1 (resized).jpg

#13247 6 years ago

??? New (same) speaker panel?

#13248 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

??? New (same) speaker panel?

New, old speaker panel.

#13249 6 years ago

I temp-traded pinnyheadhead my MET for a SMVE for about 2 months. Lucky for me, he fell in love with it and bought his own MET, and now my MET is back home. I really enjoyed SMVE but it's a very different kind of pin. There's nothing like MET, accept no substitutes.

#13250 6 years ago

Lighted speaker panel installed. This is a prototype, and much of this panel will be changed when we start producing.

0425181917 (resized).jpg0425181917 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/265?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.