IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 433.
#13151 5 years ago

Whoops - You're right. I was thinking about how I usually drain when playing S&D by missing a ramp and accidentally hitting pick target. You qualify S&D by completing the hurry-ups... I'm still sure you can start S&D with the multiballs/CIU though.

#13152 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The previous owner never cleared the default (20 combos) either. It's hard!

Is it possible (maybe thru Pinball Browser?) to edit these values? So say that a 2-way combo get your name mentioned the first time and it increases from there?

#13153 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Is it possible (maybe thru Pinball Browser?) to edit these values? So say that a 2-way combo get your name mentioned the first time and it increases from there?

I think I saw one of the menus that actually lets you set the defaults... I'd rather keep fighting to beat the default though to make it REALLY mean something. I was just curious how many combos other people have on MET.

#13154 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I think I saw one of the menus that actually lets you set the defaults... I'd rather keep fighting to beat the default though to make it REALLY mean something. I was just curious how many combos other people have on MET.

My highest combo is 27 and I had to really fight for that. It might have been one of the most stressful games I've ever put on my Metallica.

#13155 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

I don’t have access to a premium, otherwise I might be able to figure this out.
I’ll see if I can get a clue from the manuals.

I'm guessing that board mounted bulbs don't use the same amount of power, so when you connect an led, it isn't getting enough juice?

#13156 5 years ago

I just hit flashing lights and rack up points.

#13157 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I just hit flashing lights and rack up points.

Shoot the flashing grave markers.

#13158 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Shoot the flashing grave markers.

Hurry the hell up!

#13159 5 years ago

Anyone else ever get so pissed at this game? Probably what draws me back to it so much. I have an LE, and that left return lane bounces out more balls up and over into the outlane than any pro I have ever played. We have a bunch in the area, and I seem to be able to get to CIU pretty consistently on those machines. Last night, I was lucky to just get Sparky multiball once.

#13160 5 years ago

I had some decent games yesterday, but went through a bad streak for a while. I swear someone snuck in and installed lightning flippers on me.

I managed a Jack Fucking Pot! yesterday. Love that callout.

#13161 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I set my defaults to 10, I hate seeing default high scores come up. 20 is just ridiculous to me, you have to be extremely focused on just hitting combos. On all of my best scores on the game none of those games had more then 10 combos.

#13162 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Anyone else ever get so pissed at this game? Probably what draws me back to it so much. I have an LE, and that left return lane bounces out more balls up and over into the outlane than any pro I have ever played. We have a bunch in the area, and I seem to be able to get to CIU pretty consistently on those machines. Last night, I was lucky to just get Sparky multiball once.

I moved the post on the left outlane because I was getting too frustrated at it draining left all the time and it was ruining the fun. I played normal for about a month before I just gave in. It still drains to the left, but feels much more balanced now which makes the game more fun. But yeah, this game can be super frustrating. On more than one occasion, I've told my wife that I'm just going to throw the thing away... But it always brings me back.

Quoted from Indusguys:

I set my defaults to 10, I hate seeing default high scores come up. 20 is just ridiculous to me, you have to be extremely focused on just hitting combos. On all of my best scores on the game none of those games had more then 10 combos.

I keep telling myself that if I just get better........

#13163 5 years ago

I'm now making the CIU 4-light panels with mounting slots (so you don't have to drill them):

Met-CIU-light-bracket (resized).pngMet-CIU-light-bracket (resized).png

(see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/246#post-4145512 for the original post)
Price is still just $15 shipped.

#13164 5 years ago

OK, final version. I've thinned the mounting tabs to normal thickness so you can use the original screws. Now installation should take just a couple minutes... remove(unscrew) the 4 individual light holders, screw this light holder in place (re-using 2 screws, hopefully in the existing holes), and pop your lights in.

Met-CIU-4light (resized).jpgMet-CIU-4light (resized).jpg

#13165 5 years ago

I don't think it is unreasonable to say that Metallica is up there as one of the better music pinballs of all time. But do you think Iron Maiden may push this beast down a run or two? I don't like maiden music and I think metallica toys save it but am interested in your views. I know this thread may be biased a little LOL

#13166 5 years ago

To early to say. The rules of maiden do look pretty interesting already. Two very different types of games.

1 thing is for sure to me. Met with Iron Maiden next to each other would be pretty killer.

#13167 5 years ago

IMDN will be great to play on location. But I’ll still be happy to come home to my MET Pro.

#13168 5 years ago

It appears that Maiden may have an edge over MET. The pro looks incredible from the start.
If the team nails the Maiden Premium and LE they are shaping up to be very special.
Im so stoked to have METLE in the house and a space right beside it for IMDNLE

#13169 5 years ago

Have a IMDN pro on order and think it has the potential to be as good as my Metallica pro, some might say a hair better but that’s to be determined. The two of them are definitely #1 & #2 stern pros in my eyes just not sure which is what.

#13170 5 years ago

I actually hope they don't really compete but compliment each other by being vastly different great playing games

#13171 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Have you played a Guardians of the Galaxy. The left outlane on it is much worse!

#13172 5 years ago

IMDN definitely has potential. I was very much surprised how Stern packed the pro with features. It seemed like their were on a trend stripping down games then all of a sudden this. You even get service rails lol. Price is up of course but at least there is more than a few toys on a spring. It's going to be hard to beat MET in code, though. That is the whole reason I bought mine. It has the perfect balance of rules and risk/reward with CUI modes. Stern has made some pretty good looking games but few have the code to back it up the good looks.

#13173 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I owned the Pro LED for a long time before swapping it out for my LE. I notice my LE is much less forgiving all around when comparing, nuts how each game has it own soul.

#13174 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Have you played a Guardians of the Galaxy. The left outlane on it is much worse!

I believe it is identical to Metallica. From the ones that I have played.

#13175 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

IMDN definitely has potential.

gotta ask..what does DN stand for..

#13176 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

gotta ask..what does DN stand for..

Iron MaiDeN

#13177 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

IMDN definitely has potential. I was very much surprised how Stern packed the pro with features. It seemed like their were on a trend stripping down games then all of a sudden this. You even get service rails lol. Price is up of course but at least there is more than a few toys on a spring. It's going to be hard to beat MET in code, though. That is the whole reason I bought mine. It has the perfect balance of rules and risk/reward with CUI modes. Stern has made some pretty good looking games but few have the code to back it up the good looks.

I am definitely interested in Iron Maiden, can't wait to play one. However, everyone keeps saying "all this packed into a pro", and I guess I am just not seeing it. I definitely like the layout, and the additional flippers. But, there are a number of things it doesn't have (on the pro). It doesn't have any scoops, there are no magnets, no traditional "toys", and no custom sculpted figures, etc. If you compare what it has to Ghostbusters or Metallica, it doesn't seem like it would be more expensive to produce, it seems like it would be less. The plastic little eddies seem very cheap, I can't wait to see the difference on the premium/LE.

Again, I am not saying that it isn't a great game, I really hope it is and look forward to owning one. Just, when you compare the cost feature for feature, I am not seeing where it is any more expensive than recent releases. Although they did spring for the service rails (although removing those was ridiculous to begin with).

#13178 5 years ago

You can keep you sculptured figures, toys on springs, and plastics. I want more than 2 flippers, more shots, targets, metal ramps, spinners, drop targets, etc. Magnets, scoops, and pops are good to but not every game needs them. Basically a packed playfield with a bunch of stuff the ball interacts with gets my attention. I don't care what each feature costs and think the whole BOM thing is stupid. For a while, Stern had the trend of stripping the pro down to the bare essentials - two flippers, two ramps, orbit, and maybe a few drop targets. Look at the SW pro and compare that to IMDN pro. There is a big difference in features to me. It all comes down to gameplay, though. MET does not look like much on paper but is a blast to play. It's probably the only two flipper game I will ever own.

#13179 5 years ago

I’ve officially joined the club!!

Had to remove the backbox to fit it in the car!

After setting it up me and a friend played our first games for a few hours. Man this game is hard!! Managed to get my first CIU once so there’s already some progress. “One more game, one more game!” Can’t stop playing!

78EFF828-2DAA-470D-BD08-F239478CE29B (resized).jpeg78EFF828-2DAA-470D-BD08-F239478CE29B (resized).jpeg

#13180 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

After setting it up me and a friend played our first games for a few hours. Man this game is hard!! Managed to get my first CIU once so there’s already some progress. “One more game, one more game!” Can’t stop playing!

Congrats, Welcome to the club. One more game.....one more game.

#13181 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Metallica is definitely a “one more game”....game.

Congrats on the pick up. As you learn the rules you will get to CIU a bit more often.

#13182 5 years ago

So close to getting my name on my game... only 10 million away, and I lost both balls of a multiball on my 3rd ball... so close!!! Argh!!!

(I bought it from a pinsider and told him to keep his scores so I had something to aim for... almost 6 months later, I'm still trying...)

20180416_211943 (resized).jpg20180416_211943 (resized).jpg

#13183 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Congrats! I am getting mine this weekend. Traded out my POTC for it like it looks like you did. Pirates is great but I think MET is an upgrade.

Getting Eddy this week also. Sparky needs a friend.

#13184 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Congrats! I am getting mine this weekend. Traded out my POTC for it like lols like you did. Pirates is great but I think MET is an upgrade.

Congrats! MET is obviously a total sly different game then POTC but I like it a LOT!

Who knows I’ll be able to put a IMDN next to my MET one day as well. That’s an me combo!

#13185 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Congrats! I am getting mine this weekend. Traded out my POTC for it like lols like you did. Pirates is great but I think MET is an upgrade.

Think about this guys. He's getting MET and IMDN at the same time. Life just doesnt get much better than that now lol. He will be like a little 5 year old kid bouncing from game to game. How the heck would you know which one to even play??? I am predicting a week without sleep for Pinnyheadhead this week lol.

#13186 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Think about this guys. He's getting MET and IMDN at the same time. Life just doesnt get much better than that now lol. He will be like a little 5 year old kid bouncing from game to game. How the heck would you know which one to even play??? I am predicting a week without sleep for Pinnyheadhead this week lol.

Heck yeah! I am comparing MET and IMDN both coming this week to Christmas and your Birthday back to back!

For real though and without the "combo gifts" parents used to stiff their kids with when their birthday fell to close to X-mas.

#13187 5 years ago

Anyone know where to find these lightup shooter assembly?

pinballmetallicadone (resized).jpgpinballmetallicadone (resized).jpg

#13188 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Cointaker I believe.

#13189 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

What the heck Metallica machine is that??!!! Some sort of prototype? Home brew?

#13190 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

That looks like the home made Met that was a re theme of an earth shaker.

#13191 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That looks like the home made Met that was a re theme of an earth shaker.

Oh cool I didn’t know one existed!

#13192 5 years ago

Yeah, it was pretty well done as well. Finally found a link to it:

#13193 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

» YouTube video

That’s awesome! I’ve never seen that! Thanks for posting it.

#13194 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Yea, I was about to ask about that backglass. That's pretty awesome!!

#13195 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

» YouTube video

That's fucking awesome lol.

#13196 5 years ago

That's bad ass!

Does Lars know about this? Lol. They want their cut.

#13197 5 years ago

May be a stupid question, but i couldnt find it in the manual. What is the right magnet core for it? I looked on marco, but i didnt see any game specific ones for met. I dont want to buy the wrong one and mine is mushroomed

#13198 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

May be a stupid question, but i couldnt find it in the manual. What is the right magnet core for it? I looked on marco, but i didnt see any game specific ones for met. I dont want to buy the wrong one and mine is mushroomed

this is the one called for in front of sparky and the grave marker (is out of stock @ marco's, in stock but more expensive @ pinball life)
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5320-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1837

this is a suitable replacement
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4773

and this is the "disappearing" magnet in front of the hammer for the premium/LEs
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-9690-00

ps
this information was found on pages 11 (disappearing) and 17 (sparky/grave yard) of the manual (.pdf version) and brought you by the letter 'M'
the letter m (resized).jpgthe letter m (resized).jpg

#13199 5 years ago

Thank you. Will order today with a couple backups

#13200 5 years ago

Does anyone have any insight on whether Stern will do yet another run of Metallica Premiums? I'm finally in a position to where I'm able to purchase one and get the whole refinery edition done but of course now everyone seems to be sold out on the NIB. I'm hoping I can still get one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/264 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.