Topic Stats

• 17,241 posts
  • 963 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,953 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200126_165041 (resized).jpg
7E873FB7-3693-497C-8928-EA87AF9418C0 (resized).jpeg
1A93D9FE-6F28-4633-AB69-2AC241163DF1 (resized).jpeg
EE7496D8-1BB5-4B65-8EA8-D9795DF7EB0E (resized).jpeg
0155F11A-B4EF-47B0-B4FB-E363BDEDD610 (resized).jpeg
3D2082F6-1469-4970-8D31-6A786374A578 (resized).jpeg
LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17241 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 345.
#12901 1 year ago

200m is a great score, keep the ball alive and you will get there!

#12902 1 year ago

finally had a good game last night

176M on the first ball (before the extra ball). managed to get 2 graveyard MB's, sparky and coffin MBs afterwards all on the first ball.
totally tanked the last ball with 298MB going into it, had a house ball on the initial plunge and then again on the ball save afterwards

only one CIU (which I also failed to cash in

CDF00E14-122E-4C0D-B36E-67E02181B00A (resized).jpeg

#12903 1 year ago

Hey guys.
I don’t see this when I search so I thought I would ask here. My Metallica premium is not saving the credits between power cycles like all of my other pins do. Any ideas?
Thanks

#12904 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

finally had a good game last night
176M on the first ball (before the extra ball). managed to get 2 graveyard MB's, sparky and coffin MBs afterwards all on the first ball.
totally tanked the last ball with 298MB going into it, had a house ball on the initial plunge and then again on the ball save afterwards
only one CIU (which I also failed to cash in

WOW! I think you have the record high score with playing only one CIU and not cashing it out. Those must have been some crazy MB's you had going on.

#12905 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey guys.
I don’t see this when I search so I thought I would ask here. My Metallica premium is not saving the credits between power cycles like all of my other pins do. Any ideas?
Thanks

Freeplay?

#12906 1 year ago

No. I prefer using credits on my machines. Not a fan of leaving them on freeplay.

If the battery was dead would that cause the game to lose the credits? The audits, high scores, and settings are all saved though. This is the only pin I’ve ever seen this happen on.

#12907 1 year ago

No. I prefer using credits on my machines. Not a fan of leaving them on freeplay.
If the battery was dead would that cause the game to lose the credits? The audits, high scores, and settings are all saved though. This is the only pin I’ve ever seen this happen on.

If your gonna have games ya gotta have a battery tester, unless you have Navram in your games. just make sure the game is on when you pull the batteries to check them or you will lose your high scores.

#12908 1 year ago

Pretty sure that is by design. heck the local arcade will power cycle games that have free games on them that someone leaves. Maybe their is a setting that will hold credits after a power cycle but by default I believe that is normal.

#12909 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If your gonna have games ya gotta have a battery tester, unless you have Navram in your games. just make sure the game is on when you pull the batteries to check them or you will lose your high scores.

I definitely do. And thanks.
With all due respect, what you’re saying though seems contradictory. If pulling the battery will reset high scores, then a dead battery would do the same. My high scores, audits, and settings all save after powering down. I’m just losing credits.

#12910 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pretty sure that is by design. heck the local arcade will power cycle games that have free games on them that someone leaves. Maybe their is a setting that will hold credits after a power cycle but by default I believe that is normal.

If that’s by default, then Metallica is different than all of my other pins. I haven’t found a setting for this yet.
Thank you

#12911 1 year ago

Credits do not disappear by default when you power cycle a game.

#12912 1 year ago

Update on the my premium not popping balls in shooter lane to start game, game would go into search mode, etc. Well, lots of good advice was giving several posts ago on what to do to remedy the problem. It turns out, before reflowing solder, and adjustments, I changed the balls 1st since it was maybe 11 months ago when I put them in. I was thinking I bet the balls are magnetized. Took them out, sure enough they all were . You could feel the grab on them when they were together. So anyone has issues simalar to mine, change the balls 1st. Game works great.

#12913 1 year ago

Last week I completely disabled the post in adjustments menu. Totally recommend it. Gotta say it's been a lot more fun rippin balls round the orbits. Is there any actual downside to this? What does that fucking post even do???

#12914 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Last week I completely disabled the post in adjustments menu. Totally recommend it. Gotta say it's been a lot more fun rippin balls round the orbits. Is there any actual downside to this? What does that fucking post even do???

If you disable the post, will the left orbit spider ever be lit to make seek and destroy? You’d think that the right would always light, since that’s the last switch the ball would go over.

#12915 1 year ago

I know it's there for a reason...Is it only S and D though?

#12916 1 year ago

Wouldn't it be very difficult to get in the pops without the post? And that's tied to the target behind fuel, right?

#12917 1 year ago

Oh, the top roll over lanes will be really difficult to hit to...won’t advance mystery.

#12918 1 year ago

I LIKE IT!
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
Score schmore...

#12919 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I LIKE IT!

Score schmore...

Agree. Your game. If your having fun, that’s all that matter

#12921 1 year ago

Anybody seen the pops around?
I haven't seen em for
5-Gangster-Actors-Real-Mob-Ties-De Niro (resized).jpg
a lil bit.

#12922 1 year ago

Where can i get a snake head for a MET pro..does Stern sell direct or would i have to go thru a parts supplier?!

#12923 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Where can i get a snake head for a MET pro..does Stern sell direct or would i have to go thru a parts supplier?!

I have a extra snake head, but I removed the mouth mount. Why do you need another snake head?

#12924 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The post stops the ball and lets it drop into the pops Gryszzz. If you havent done so yet buy the metal post and install it so the game will work the way it should. Ive had only 1 left orbit reject aince installing the metal post. Best 10 bucks MET owners can spend!

#12925 1 year ago

Yeah I have the metal post. I'm just havin fun.
Literally. Disable that post be gone poof. See ya when I see ya pops.

#12926 1 year ago

** MET Pro Vault **

Details, anyone?

I was just told by a friendly Stern dealer that he's expecting MET Pro Vaults next week.

Is he speaking of what has been called "MET Pro LED" to this point, or is there truly a Vault version rolling out?

Two things come to mind:

1. What improvements are marked by the Vault edition over the original, apart from LED's?

2. Could MET Premium Vault be far behind, especially given how long it's been out of production? Is there any buzz on this?

Thanks.

#12927 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** MET Pro Vault **
Details, anyone?

I think they are mixed up with AC/DC vault now shipping.

#12928 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have a extra snake head, but I removed the mouth mount. Why do you need another snake head?

I want to see if its pissible to customize it! Pm sent!

#12929 1 year ago

I disable my post too, makes the game flow so much better, advancing mystery scoop through the inlanes works good enough for me.

#12930 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I think they are mixed up with AC/DC vault now shipping.

???

#12931 1 year ago

When I had my unveiling party for Metallica Premium, one of the first things my friends and I noticed was the blinding flasher with eight surface mount LEDs that can be seen directly behind the cross in the graveyard. I don't like being able to directly see any bulb let alone that thing! I immediately started scheming on how to put a something there to block the direct line of sight to the flasher but still look good. I went ahead and cut and bent a piece of ABS plastic to fit the area perfectly. I had some extra cross stickers for drop targets so I applied them just to blend in better than plain black. The flasher still lights the plastic above it perfectly and now my retinas are no longer burned out every game. Looks like it should have been there from the factory...

20180317_221445 (resized).jpg

#12932 1 year ago

I love my METLE
Best pinball ever !

Have to get one of those color DMD's

3 ball factory, almost 4 years, Still no EOTL. I will get it !

LE3 (resized).jpg

LE 2 (resized).jpg

met 4 (resized).jpg

Met (resized).jpg

#12933 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I love my METLE
Best pinball ever !
Have to get one of those color DMD's
3 ball factory, almost 4 years, Still no EOTL. I will get it !

Color DMD will change the game. Expensive, but in the grand scheme of things with Pinball...not so much. This is a must have. I have a ton of mods. Spent 100s of dollars. Finally have a color DMD. This should have been my first mod.

#12935 1 year ago

anyone interested in a video Mod for metallica

check out this cool video loop mods

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmm-pinball-movie-mod#post-4287212

#12936 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

When I had my unveiling party for Metallica Premium, one of the first things my friends and I noticed was the blinding flasher with eight surface mount LEDs that can be seen directly behind the cross in the graveyard. I don't like being able to directly see any bulb let alone that thing! I immediately started scheming on how to put a something there to block the direct line of sight to the flasher but still look good. I went ahead and cut and bent a piece of ABS plastic to fit the area perfectly. I had some extra cross stickers for drop targets so I applied them just to blend in better than plain black. The flasher still lights the plastic above it perfectly and now my retinas are no longer burned out every game. Looks like it should have been there from the factory...

Nice! That super bright flasher is the one thing I hate about the rising cross vs. the stationary cross on the pro.

#12937 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Nice! That super bright flasher is the one thing I hate about the rising cross vs. the stationary cross on the pro.

First week I had it I cut a piece of plexi and glued a piece of blue gel to it . Placed it in between the flasher and cross area, so it's till flashes white, but shows blue eight in the front area so it doesn't blind ya.

#12938 1 year ago

here is a pic

IMG_9314 (resized).jpg

#12939 1 year ago

In all these years of owning MET, I had no idea that you could pick up items by making a shot with that item lit. I’m glad I read this thread once in a while!

#12940 1 year ago

^^Could you please explain further.

#12941 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

^^Could you please explain further.

He means...instead of hitting the snake, for example, to collect a snake item toward CIU, hit any lane with the snake insert lit to collect it.

#12943 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

In all these years of owning MET, I had no idea that you could pick up items by making a shot with that item lit. I’m glad I read this thread once in a while!

Yeah this was a game changer for me. Just when I thought I had seen all this machine had to offer I watched a tutorial (thanks heaps McSirTuna from Buffalo Pinball!!) which mentioned this part of the ruleset and it opened this machine up so much. MET seems to get this bad rap of 'chopping wood', but when you throw the item collection rules into the mix (and as a player understand them) it completely blows that argument out of the water!

Not sure if its been covered before, but you can also light a full row off the plunge as well, kind of like a super skill shot I guess. Its very, very hard to do as it always defaults to the left most item row that isn't locked in. So you have to long plunge around, get control and get the ball back up possibly the left orbit within a very limited time. It will then flash all item lights on that row. You then need to lock it in by shooting the same shot again, which then lights the captive ball hurry up (pro model) which needs to be hit. This is possibly easier to understand on the Premium and LE as the colour changing inserts can guide you a bit better possibly?
If I miss it off the plunge I try to lock the item rows in from left to right so its an easier skill shot next time e.g if the item rows have been locked in for left orbit, grave and left ramp, all items on the right ramp will be lit on next plunge, which is a lot easier to hit in a short period of time.

#12944 1 year ago

Why dont you hold left flipper and soft plunge to get it to right flipper instead of long plunging and trying to get control?

Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Yeah this was a game changer for me. Just when I thought I had seen all this machine had to offer I watched a tutorial (thanks heaps McSirTuna from Buffalo Pinball!!) which mentioned this part of the ruleset and it opened this machine up so much. MET seems to get this bad rap of 'chopping wood', but when you throw the item collection rules into the mix (and as a player understand them) it completely blows that argument out of the water!
Not sure if its been covered before, but you can also light a full row off the plunge as well, kind of like a super skill shot I guess. Its very, very hard to do as it always defaults to the left most item row that isn't locked in. So you have to long plunge around, get control and get the ball back up possibly the left orbit within a very limited time. It will then flash all item lights on that row. You then need to lock it in by shooting the same shot again, which then lights the captive ball hurry up (pro model) which needs to be hit. This is possibly easier to understand on the Premium and LE as the colour changing inserts can guide you a bit better possibly?
If I miss it off the plunge I try to lock the item rows in from left to right so its an easier skill shot next time e.g if the item rows have been locked in for left orbit, grave and left ramp, all items on the right ramp will be lit on next plunge, which is a lot easier to hit in a short period of time.

#12945 1 year ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Why dont you hold left flipper and soft plunge to get it to right flipper instead of long plunging and trying to get control?

Didn't actually think of that, lol (but looks like Lyman did )
After some experimenting I found the following (This is when the left orbit item light column is not locked in);

Looks like you need to hit the left orbit switch twice to get the item light column flashing within the timeout period, and a third to set them for the captive ball hurry up shot. So a total of four shots to complete locking the left orbit item row in on the skill shot.

Long plunging essentially ticks one of these timed switch hits off straight away (the ball naturally comes down the left orbit and hits the switch), and the second shot gets them flashing, after this you have all day to hit it again to set them, and then line up your shot at the captive ball to lock them in.

If you try it from a short plunge you will have to hit two shots over the left orbit switch within the timed period to get them flashing, so the difficulty level is still right up there, possibly harder depending on how good you are at short plunging.

Either way you need to hit the switch on the left orbit twice to get item light column flashing, a third to set them, and then hit the captive ball shot to lock them in. So four shots total.

It seems as though the left orbit is the most difficult to lock in this way. Once you have it locked, it looks like all the other columns only need to be hit once to get them flashing, a second time to set them, and then you can go for the captive ball. So 3 shots in total instead of 4.
Short plunging could be a better option here as there is no advantage of hitting the left orbit switch with the long plunge.

These columns will light for the skill shot in order from left to right (would be great if there was a secret that moves this during gameplay?)

Could be something I am missing with all this though.

#12946 1 year ago

This is my favorite way to nail a super skill shot on the left side ...

#12947 1 year ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

but you can also light a full row off the plunge as well, kind of like a super skill shot I guess. Its very, very hard to do as it always defaults to the left most item row that isn't locked in.

This isn't true on my machine (a premium). It seems completely random to me which ones blink. I've had the right ramp, for example, be the "super skill shot" on the first plunge of the game. Curious to hear what others have to say about this.

#12948 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

This isn't true on my machine (a premium). It seems completely random to me which ones blink. I've had the right ramp, for example, be the "super skill shot" on the first plunge of the game. Curious to hear what others have to say about this.

This is also how my Pro works. Seems random. Although I have played a Premium on location that always lit the left most shot.

#12949 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is my favorite way to nail a super skill shot on the left side ...
» YouTube video

LOL!

#12950 1 year ago

Which shot is lit for the Super skill shot is

The leftmost shot if in tournament play
a random shot if not in tournament play

Same for both Pro and Prem

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 17241 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside