IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 433.
#12601 6 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

My Mystery just started ejecting SDTM. I tightened it up and realigned it to no avail. What settings do you have on right eject?
Or are there any other ideas?
Getting an extra ball isn’t helpful if you get a SDTM when you earn it!

Their is a power setting for that scoop. I don't recall it's number but go through the adjustments and you will see it. You an increase or lower the setting to get it to go where it needs to go.

#12602 6 years ago

Do you have a cliffy on that scoop? If so it can cause all sorts of wacky kick outs if it gets bent or displaced.

#12603 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Do you have a cliffy on that scoop? If so it can cause all sorts of wacky kick outs if it gets bent or displaced.

I sure do have a Cliffy. It was working fine for 3 years. The default power setting of 64 is SDTM.. Are any of you making it so low it drops on the right flipper?

#12604 6 years ago

Who made the extended sparky protector? My pf was replaced and I forgot to swap it

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#12605 6 years ago

My new backbox decals arrived (Thanks Chas!). They come rolled up, so I uncurled them over the course of a couple hours, and now they are sitting between some cardboard to make sure they stay flat.

The backbox looks really interesting without decals right now, but I'll take care of it soon.

#12606 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Who made the extended sparky protector? My pf was replaced and I forgot to swap it

Why was your PF replaced? It was a pinsider that made them. Dave something....

#12607 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

My new backbox decals arrived (Thanks Chas!). They come rolled up, so I uncurled them over the course of a couple hours, and now they are sitting between some cardboard to make sure they stay flat.
The backbox looks really interesting without decals right now, but I'll take care of it soon.

I have to do both mine too....never have done vinyl applicantions though. Watched some vids and doesn’t seem tooooo bad. Let us know how it goes

Quoted from NightTrain:

Why was your PF replaced? It was a pinsider that made them. Dave something....

My game was in the April 2014 or 2015 run that had paint coming up and clear chipping. Never got played so it took a few years to show but my distributor got me helped out!

I have my pinbits set but idk now I’m not really liking all the colored plexi under the plastics...maybe I’m getting old? Dave mmm ya I’ll have to check my pm’s too

#12608 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Pinbits
I just installed their complete protection set (including the extended sparky shield) in all clear. Except for the orange slingshot and outlane plastics from mezelmods.

#12609 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Pinbits. Get the ones without the spider web engraved in it. Some have reported that the those break prematurely. Maybe the spider web engraving weakens it? I have the plain clear one on my game. Still going strong.

#12610 6 years ago

I bought pinbits for a few games a year ago when they were on sale. I put the pinbits one in for now (green with spiderweb). I’ll have to go clear next time I get these protectors

#12611 6 years ago

Not a fully fledged member yet...... but have just put my deposit on a MET pro here in new zealand....just have to wait 8 weeks now for it to be delivered from USA. Never thought I'd buy NIB, but met is the best game I've played, and no one here wants to let one go.....so nib it is then! ?

#12612 6 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Not a fully fledged member yet...... but have just put my deposit on a MET pro here in new zealand....just have to wait 8 weeks now for it to be delivered from USA. Never thought I'd buy NIB, but met is the best game I've played, and no one here wants to let one go.....so nib it is then! ?

Congrats, now you just have to survive the next 8 weeks.

#12613 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Congrats, now you just have to survive the next 8 weeks.

Ha ha, yea. Just drinking a tall frosty homebrew beer listening to ride the lightning at full noise....can't wait

#12614 6 years ago

Congrats but man that's gotta cost ya. I don't know how you guys do it.

#12615 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats but man that's gotta cost ya. I don't know how you guys do it.

Yea, we do pay a premium for them down here, selling my J. P. Got me half there, so that was o.k.

#12616 6 years ago

My new premium arrived this last week! I just love this game. I know I'm late to the party but I'm real happy to be here!
I started adding protection/mods immediately. Added pinbits and cliffys before I even played a single ball. Since these pics I added the 3D snake mod and some others. My powerbladez are sitting in a box ready to be installed shortly. I will post more pics when I'm done.
Fun and awesome looking game!
Junky

20180212_202551 (resized).jpg20180212_202551 (resized).jpg

20180215_112926 (resized).jpg20180215_112926 (resized).jpg

#12617 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Pinbits.com

#12618 6 years ago

Ah I was looking for a member on here that made his own for maybe $5?

#12619 6 years ago

it was rick something that made them.

Edit: Rickwh not sure if he still has any.
They are only $7 on pinbits. That's where I got mine.

#12620 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

sold out on the metallica store site before 5am EST this morning, and sold out on van's web site as well. wtf?!? more of that supreme style offer 100 pairs and that's it?

edit:
apparently, I got lucky. the only vans store in michigan to receive them was close to where I live and received one pair of each size today. t-shirts were already mostly sold out except for one S and one M

Yeah, only two sizes of the high-tops left on the Vans website. Guess I was really lucky to get size 13s of the slip-ons. I see they are on the secondary market already for $150 and up. Crooks. Glad you got yours.

#12621 6 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Yeah, only two sizes of the high-tops left on the Vans website. Guess I was really lucky to get size 13s of the slip-ons. I see they are on the secondary market already for $150 and up. Crooks. Glad you got yours.

I hope they fit you. I tried on a couple pair and although the 11's were a bit large length wise, they were really narrow shoes (the 10-1/2's fit length were really, really tight because the shoes are so narrow). kind of weird that vans doesn't make their slip-ons in a "wide" variety

#12622 6 years ago

Ha ha, yea. Just drinking a tall frosty homebrew beer listening to ride the lightning at full noise....can't wait

please dont go to wellington ENIGMA CAFE they go metallica pro worst machine ever went there its so dirt they had 2 ball stuck in machine
well done nib machine i hqave got MET pro at home awesome machine are you going to pincade next month?

#12623 6 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

please dont go to wellington ENIGMA CAFE they go metallica pro worst machine ever went there its so dirt they had 2 ball stuck in machine
well done nib machine i hqave got MET pro at home awesome machine are you going to pincade next month?

Hi, yep, going to the welly leg of pincade at moon, i'm a newbe, so it will we my first pinball event . They swapped out the met at enigma for I.M.

#12624 6 years ago

Considering buying an LED Pro. Just wanted to ask if there are any known issues with this model? I know some games have had issues with ghosting and other things so figured I would ask.

Thanks in advance.

#12625 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Considering buying an LED Pro. Just wanted to ask if there are any known issues with this model? I know some games have had issues with ghosting and other things so figured I would ask.
Thanks in advance.

no problems at all with my LED Pro. Purchased about 10 months ago.

#12626 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks in advance.

I got my LED Met Pro about 9 months ago and have had no issues at all other than a few minor switch adjustments that needed to be made. Certainly no quality control issues on my machine...

#12627 6 years ago

No issues with my late 2016 LED Pro. Had to adjust the mystery scoop and snake switches which is pretty commonly needed and easy to do.

#12628 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks in advance.

No issues on a new run led pro. The main issues were from 2014/2015 runs.

#12629 6 years ago

What about recently manufactured premiums? I know some people (including a local operator) have had problems with the hammer mech, but I was hoping these issues have been corrected in later runs.

#12630 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

No issues on a new run led pro. The main issues were from 2014/2015 runs.

Tempting... Tempting!!!

I know it might be tough to get an unbiased opinion in an owner's club, but how does MET stack up to Spiderman for enjoyability?

Also, is it a game the family can enjoy (not crazy hard) and is the wizard modes achievable (unlike LOTR)?

#12631 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also, is it a game the family can enjoy (not crazy hard) and is the wizard modes achievable (unlike LOTR)?

Metallica is harder and faster to play than LotR. Both have final wizard modes you may never reach. Most see this as a benefit for the home since it gives you a challenge, and that "lets try one more time" experience.

For kids, they can bash/electrocute Sparky all day long, but it depends what they enjoy.

#12632 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

What about recently manufactured premiums? I know some people (including a local operator) have had problems with the hammer mech, but I was hoping these issues have been corrected in later runs.

Im on my 3rd magnet card with metallica premium. It has issues.

#12633 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Metallica is harder and faster to play than LotR. Both have final wizard modes you may never reach. Most see this as a benefit for the home since it gives you a challenge, and that "lets try one more time" experience.
For kids, they can bash/electrocute Sparky all day long, but it depends what they enjoy.

I agree. It has an easy toy to shoot (sparky) and get multiball and it has the hard shots and modes. It is a great mix of it all, with a kick ass sound track. My wife won't let me sell mine... nor would I want to

#12634 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

yeah it does, I sent Chaz an email to ask why they changed the load resistor from 10W to 5W since 5W is far to low to dissipate the power of a locked on transistor. Realistically this board needed either a fuse or a 25W load resistor.

#12635 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

So EOTL is as tough to get to as Vallinour?

#12636 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the info.

#12637 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I can't say, I own both pins but have not got either.

#12638 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I can't say, I own both pins but have not got either.

Same here. I own both, and I’m not even close to either.

Quoted from Damien:

I know it might be tough to get an unbiased opinion in an owner's club, but how does MET stack up to Spiderman for enjoyability?

It may not be unbiased, but MET is a much better game. Spider-Man is fine. But it doesn’t have the spark that MET has. MET is just great.

#12639 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Same here. I own both, and I’m not even close to either.

It may not be unbiased, but MET is a much better game. Spider-Man is fine. But it doesn’t have the spark that MET has. MET is just great.

Spark.... I see what you did there!

#12640 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I feel valinor is harder than EOTL. If that is all you go for it's achievable (not trying to max CIU or go for anything but objectives in MB) on a good game. Been there half a dizen times. I know people much better than me that haven't seen valuable.

#12641 6 years ago

Are ball times longish? I have a MM and AFM which are pretty short lived balls for average players.

Also, can anyone with Spiderman experience compare ball times and wizard mode difficulty.

#12642 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks in advance.

I am going to be joining the club soon also looks like. I was looking at BM66, MMR, AFMR, and GOTG. BM66 and GOTG just aren’t doing it for me , they arent bad games but not what i want yet. The remakes im kind of afraid to buy because of possible quality issues and their price tags are too high as well. I was kinda bummed because i was wanting a new game and MET popped into my head and i was like damn this game is a real winner and they are getting ready to stop making them probably. I figure i better get one while i can!

P.S. oh yeah and Gryszzz told me it rocks and that i will love it so thats good enough for me! In Gryszzz we trust!

#12643 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are ball times longish? I have a MM and AFM which are pretty short lived balls for average players.
Also, can anyone with Spiderman experience compare ball times and wizard mode difficulty.

I owned Spiderman and regret selling it. One day, I'll add another. Metallica Premium, is something special though, love the game. Ball times are about the same for me but the overall package, lights, etc, is all Met.

#12644 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I owned Spiderman and regret selling it. One day, I'll add another. Metallica Premium, is something special though, love the game. Ball times are about the same for me but the overall package, lights, etc, is all Met.

What if you're going Pro (as I prefer to go on this title), is it still a better pick than Spidey?

#12645 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The remakes im kind of afraid to buy because of possible quality issues

The one real issue I've had with MMR and AFMR is the rapid chipping on all exposed edges (scoops, etc.).

If you put on Cliffys day one, you're probably fine.

The bigger issue is that CGC does not seem to be dealing with playfield issues. There is a growing number of people with issues in the AFMR thread, and CGC is doing Jack all.

They've offered a few of us 5 year warranty extensions, but I think they're just blowing hot air since the warranty seems to be limited to very minor parts.

#12646 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What if you're going Pro (as I prefer to go on this title), is it still a better pick than Spidey?

The Pro is killer. I like everything about the Premium except for the hammer. Its just too big and i gotta believe that it blocks your view of a couple of shots. It also seems to have some problems from what ive read. Id go Premium if the hammer wasnt part of the package. I know alot of people will disagree with me but i just dont like it at all.

#12647 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Pro is killer. I like everything about the Premium except for the hammer. Its just too big and i gotta believe that it blocks your view of a couple of shots. It also seems to have some problems from what ive read. Id go Premium if the hammer wasnt part of the package. I know alot of people will disagree with me but i just dont like it at all.

The hammer was my biggest reason to make the same choice. I have a Pro and love it.

#12648 6 years ago

Both are better than Spidey IMO. I just sold my Met pro and Spidey. Spidey won’t be coming back. I sold Met pro to fund an LE. Just need to find one now....

I decided I loved the game and wanted the best one out there. It’s a game that I’d likely never get rid of.

I used to argue that Met pro was better. The hammer blocks the view. Blah blah blah. Fact is, the hammer is cool as shit. The light show. The snake jaw. The rising cross. I want it all. I want the game the way it was designed.

To each their own. Pro and premium/LE are both amazing games.

#12649 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If ball times on MM and AFM are short lived for you then they will be very short on MET. MET and AFM are much more controllable IMHO. The only dangerous shot in AFM is the drop bank and for MM is the Trolls and castle gate. This is very much like MET. The dangerous shots on MET are Sparky and the Grave markers (mainly the first 1 or 2) but with MET that dang double inlane on the left with the metal center rail is what kills me most of the time.

To me, Spiderman plays MUCH longer if you have reg flippers and the center post in it. It's just so easy to keep MB's going on that game. With that said, I'd have a hard time saying one is better than the other. Spiderman and MET are two very different types of games. The fight between those games is going to depend more on personal skill and how you prefer the rules of a game.

#12650 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Both are better than Spidey IMO. I just sold my Met pro and Spidey. Spidey won’t be coming back. I sold Met pro to fund an LE. Just need to find one now....
I decided I loved the game and wanted the best one out there. It’s a game that I’d likely never get rid of.
I used to argue that Met pro was better. The hammer blocks the view. Blah blah blah. Fact is, the hammer is cool as shit. The light show. The snake jaw. The rising cross. I want it all. I want the game the way it was designed.
To each their own. Pro and premium/LE are both amazing games.

+1. I played the Pro and it didn't do it for me. Played the Prem and had to have one immediately.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/253 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.