Topic Stats

• 17,312 posts
  • 965 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Sparky
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Revised Met and ACDC (resized).JPG
5604FC66-21FD-4037-979A-9A312CCF88BF (resized).jpeg
7b90e534b777256547b4722d815653ea055e9f23 (resized).jpg
166933F3-6018-4FA9-977E-85D967C626A5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9571 (resized).JPG
IMG_9559 (resized).JPG
IMG_9562 (resized).JPG
20200205_182944 (resized).jpg
20200205_182932 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129202541 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204549 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204401 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204337 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
043F87DF-794F-4F00-AE21-B51F6F34A971 (resized).jpeg
b8c0f2e2465930d6fe917697e219f84bae3d1b6e.jpeg (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17312 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 347.
#12551 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I noticed that if no snake inserts are lit, hitting the snake will light one.

Whenever you shoot the snake, it lights the snake insert in the currently selected lane, as well as the two adjacent lanes.

#12552 2 years ago

But shouldn’t it still score some points even if it’s not awarding a snake letter?

#12553 2 years ago

My best score to date. Set on factory setting except one replay awards extra ball. Yeah kind of cheating but with home use it gives something other then a credit that is no use.

9112EBA7-11AB-4486-B3E7-988C540911EC (resized).jpeg

#12554 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Thanks guys! I'm stoked!
Here's what I've ordered/received so far...
ColorDMD (my favorite mod on my TWD)
Big subwoofer (love bass!)
Shaker (red tremor, I hope it's not TOO much)
Powerbladez (these look bad ass)
3D/2D snake mod
Pinbits clear plastic protector kit (with sparky)
Snake teeth & tongue
Orange sling/outlane protectors
Skulls flipper bat stickers
Blue under hammer LED
2 wire LED sparky mod
Full Cliffy set (of course!)
I still want but haven't bought yet...
Spinny Vinny's traditional hammer
LED speaker rings
Cemetery LED arch
A topper??
I love this crazy but expensive hobby!
Junky

Did you get the Pinnovators sub woofer board? And don't forget my 2 mods.

#12555 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Didn’t you have a hammer idea for the pro models??

Good call!! He needs to do this for you guys!!

0205181950a (resized).jpg

#12556 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you get the Pinnovators sub woofer board? And don't forget my 2 mods.

All due respect intended, I haven’t needed one yet. I’m sure the Pinnovator’s products are great though. I’ve just connected my subs high level inputs to the pins woofer speaker wiring. It sounds fantastic this way with TWD and GB.

I do like the look of your leg lighting kit.... hmmm

Junky

#12557 2 years ago

I joined the club! A new Premium is on its way to me right now. I’ve been VERY excited counting the minutes until the expected delivery date of this Friday. However today I got some bad news when I checked the online FedEx tracking and saw that it has been delayed due to weather in Salt Lake. What a let down! I don’t see why it’s delayed considering each time I look at the weather app it doesn’t show any big storms in Utah at all. What the hell fedex??!!
On a good note, I’ve purchased a number or mods ahead of time

You will love it ,i own my LE since it came out and still in love with this machine lots of stuff that i love but the inline targets are amazing and the hammer with the sound it makes when it smashes the ball in the playfield is priceless !!!!! Enjoy

#12558 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Good call!! He needs to do this for you guys!!

Your top spike and hammer number are missing!

#12559 2 years ago

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Are they still making new premiums? I’m thinking about upgrading from my pro.

#12560 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Are they still making new premiums? I’m thinking about upgrading from my pro.

I am not speaking for Stern here, just letting you know what I know.
I just bought one from Cointaker. Melissa said she had 2 (including mine) from Stern's LAST run.
JJ at CO Game Exchange didn't have any and said he couldn't get any more.
I'm assuming this means that Stern stopped making them.
I would hurry up and find one if you want to upgrade.
Good luck.
Junky

#12561 2 years ago

Can someone tell me what Metallica premiums cost NIB these days?

#12562 2 years ago

On that same note, what’s a stock HUO LE going for?

#12563 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me what Metallica premiums cost NIB these days?

$7200
http://pinballstore.tripod.com/metallica.html

But if you call and talk to Mike, you can probably work out a better price

#12564 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

$7200
http://pinballstore.tripod.com/metallica.html
But if you call and talk to Mike, you can probably work out a better price

That is not an LE

#12565 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, wtf, did I seriously somehow forget to number one?

#12566 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The # is there(19), just not showing up in the pics. That top spike came loose and I just need to rescrew it in, but I have had 2 others break off.

#12567 2 years ago

I am not speaking for Stern here, just letting you know what I know.
I just bought one from Cointaker. Melissa said she had 2 (including mine) from Stern's LAST run.
JJ at CO Game Exchange didn't have any and said he couldn't get any more.
I'm assuming this means that Stern stopped making them.
I would hurry up and find one if you want to upgrade.
Good luck.
Junky

Jordan @ Next Level Pinball said that he’s expecting a few pro’s from Stern by the end of the month. I’m planning on snagging one

#12568 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, wtf, did I seriously somehow forget to number one?

It's there, just not showing up in the pic.

#12569 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It's there, just not showing up in the pic.

Whew! That was bugging me, must just be the angle reflecting off the burnt leather. The spikes are loctited on, but only so much I can do against ball strikes and vibration I guess ...

#12570 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whew! That was bugging me, must just be the angle reflecting off the burnt leather. The spikes are loctited on, but only so much I can do against ball strikes and vibration I guess ...

My Aurich hammer is still my favorite mod. Period.

#12571 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yea Aurich I'm not complaining at all. The hammer is bad ass and works as intended, giving my game a little more metal to go with the hotrod!!

Quoted from yzfguy:

My Aurich hammer is still my favorite mod. Period.

It's right behind the sub for me. But it is pretty bad ass for sure!!

#12572 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Could be a dumb question but does the premium version of this game feel heavier/built better than the pro? Like the pro is lighter? Might just be in my head....

Built better - not really

Heavier - yes. There are 3 extra mechs in the prem/le. Moving Grave, Hammer with dissapearing magnet and associated subway, snake jaw. Probably adds another 10 pounds or so.

#12573 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Built better - not really
Heavier - yes. There are 3 extra mechs in the prem/le. Moving Grave, Hammer with dissapearing magnet and associated subway, snake jaw. Probably adds another 10 pounds or so.

I believe the earlier manufacturing dates had the all wooden head and later had the metal head with wood side panels. That probably affects the weight of all models, depending on the build date. (example - my 2013 pro has the wood head)

#12574 2 years ago

Cemetery drops acting funny. For the last month the 1st or 2nd would kinda randomly drop. Now when I start a game it immediately gives me 25k and 1st drop falls. Anyone?

#12575 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Cemetery drops acting funny. For the last month the 1st or 2nd would kinda randomly drop. Now when I start a game it immediately gives me 25k and 1st drop falls. Anyone?

Mine started dropping the first target about a month ago. Nothing changed. Dont know why. Seems to come and go. First target takes the most abuse. Guess it could be slightly bent. But didnt see evidence of that.

#12576 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've had luck adjusting the springs on my graveyard markers with this issue....the first one was falling and registering on its own during gameplay. You have to adjust and readjust but eventually you get it right.

#12577 2 years ago

Yeah I haven't popped the pf yet figured I'd ask and then know what to look for. Thanks guys.

#12578 2 years ago

Hey, i need to get to the end of the line. I can do two crank it ups a game, if im lucky. Been focusing on getting everything lit on the cross, and getting that multiball first. Also working on better ball control. Can anyone give any more tips?

#12579 2 years ago

Anyone looking to sell a premium or LE within 6 hours of Minneapolis? Or downgrade to a HUO pro + cash?

#12580 2 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

Hey, i need to get to the end of the line. I can do two crank it ups a game, if im lucky. Been focusing on getting everything lit on the cross, and getting that multiball first. Also working on better ball control. Can anyone give any more tips?

I’ve only been able to get to end of the line once in the 8 months I’ve had my game. It happened for me after watching one of McSirTuna’s tutorials on YouTube where his strategy on each crank it up was to “get in and get out” by hitting the cemetery, chair, snake, and coffin once and then cashing out immediately at the scoop to reduce the ball time of playing the CIUs to completion.

I pretty much go into any new game now with the mindset of either playing for points or playing for the objective of hitting end of the line. At my house score seems to be king so after finally getting there once I don’t even sweat it anymore.

#12581 2 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

In MB focus on collecting the task for crank it up vs jackpots. Lock in a couple shots so you can collect your progress on them and DO NOT start seek an destroy. Doing so resets those shots.

Last, you can adjust the shots needed to start crank it up if that's your goal and need a little help.

#12582 2 years ago

Finally got off my lazy butt and relocated my spot lights. Moved from slings to the plastics right in front of the outline post in existing holes. I like it a lot better and now I don't have the spot lights getting loose all the time.

20180215_123154 (resized).jpg

#12583 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Finally got off my lazy butt and relocated my spot lights. Moved from slings to the plastics right in front of the outline post in existing holes. I like it a lot better and now I don't have the spot lights getting loose all the time.

Damn that's a nice camera you have, that picture is beautiful. What is it?

#12584 2 years ago

what's with the weird double exposure? because I'm guessing that you're not so ADD that you need 2 playfield bubble levelers in your game

edit:
nevermind, I just realized that you have mirror blades in your game and it was the reflection

#12585 2 years ago

Can you guys tell me if $6800 shipped is a decent price for a NIB premium?

#12586 2 years ago

Why does that poor MOP not have a ColorDMD...?

#12587 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn that's a nice camera you have, that picture is beautiful. What is it?

Galaxy S6 phone. I'm kind of surprised myself it came out that good.

Quoted from Fezmid:

Why does that poor MOP not have a ColorDMD...?

$400 is the main reason. I like them but I just don't see $400 in value for that mod in any of my games.

#12588 2 years ago

Game looks amazing, 85vett. Did you polish your ramps? They look so shiny. Like the purple flipper bats, too.

#12589 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

From a phone, WOW!

#12590 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can you guys tell me if $6800 shipped is a decent price for a NIB premium?

I believe this is the typical price given to someone that calls the distributor for pricing.

#12591 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

$400 is the main reason. I like them but I just don't see $400 in value for that mod in any of my games.

You could go for a half price smartdmd or pin2dmd solution (which is compatible with smartdmd). More DIY although pin2dmd is reasonable plug and play.

#12592 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Best pinball mod out there.
Great system support too.
Metallica is also one of the better games to be colorised.

Seriously - look past the money - it’s a great addition to your already premium priced, brilliantly coded, limited edition pinball machine.

#12593 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Seriously - look past the money - it’s a great addition to your already premium priced, brilliantly coded, limited edition pinball machine.

Yeah, seeing the snake in red/orange dots just looks wrong..... What's another few hundred bucks when you already have thousands into the game? (my wife actually said if I bought MET, which I did, that it HAD to have ColorDMD).

#12594 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Game looks amazing, 85vett. Did you polish your ramps? They look so shiny. Like the purple flipper bats, too.

Good eye. I did not mirror polish them but when cleaning them I hit them with some metal polish. It brightened things up a little bit. The picture makes them look a bit shinier than in person though.

#12595 2 years ago

Ordered some new pinball playing shoes to wear at the Louisville show in two weeks!

metvans (resized).png

#12596 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I think this is a great idea. I'm going to follow your example. Thanks!

#12597 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

And I didn't look at it as a mod for MET, I looked at it that if I sold MET I'd put it in a different game. It make the $400 easier if I'm not going to sell it later. I'll probably always own games they fit in. The DMD from the game goes in a box and I'll toss it back in the game to sell it.

#12598 2 years ago

My Mystery just started ejecting SDTM. I tightened it up and realigned it to no avail. What settings do you have on right eject?
Or are there any other ideas?

Getting an extra ball isn’t helpful if you get a SDTM when you earn it!

#12599 2 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Ordered some new pinball playing shoes to wear at the Louisville show in two weeks!

sold out on the metallica store site before 5am EST this morning, and sold out on van's web site as well. wtf?!? more of that supreme style offer 100 pairs and that's it?

edit:
apparently, I got lucky. the only vans store in michigan to receive them was close to where I live and received one pair of each size today. t-shirts were already mostly sold out except for one S and one M

96889EE1-9A9F-4E19-82C0-5995FD588694 (resized).jpeg

#12600 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I think this is a great idea. I'm going to follow your example. Thanks!

Just a tip. Remove the middle GI bulb under the plastic and then fish the wires for the spotlight through. Then you can reinstall the bulb. Doing this the wires are long enough to reach.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
There are 17312 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 347.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside