C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 434.
#12351 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I own both AS Pro & MET Premium. While AS is amazing & a blast to play ... I would absolutely NEVER trade Metallica for Aerosmith. MET (Premium) is just that good.

Yeah it's good, just bored of it.

#12352 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm kinda getting bored by Metallica now which is why I have it up for sale. I actually enjoy Mustang more than Metallica and hope to get an Aerosmith Pro if the Metallica sells.

I'm not sure I would put AS over MET, but it's your choice to make; my advice ... consider going Premium on the AS ... the upper playfield is more than just a mini playfield with targets, it literally changes the dynamics of the game.

#12353 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I'm not sure I would put AS over MET, but it's your choice to make; my advice ... consider going Premium on the AS ... the upper playfield is more than just a mini playfield with targets, it literally changes the dynamics of the game.

I'm not ranking any game over another, just want to play a new fun game for a while. Met is in my trading game slot because I'm not ready to move anything else. Plus it has the most value of my pins, so it's the one I can trade/sell for a newer pin like AS. Yeah, AS Premium is a fun too and the upper playfield I actually really enjoy compared to other upper PFs. But I'd rather sell Met, get AS Pro + some cash back.

#12354 6 years ago

If anyone is interested in the Rising Grave Maker mech for their Met Pro, I'd be willing to sell mine and reinstall the pro grave marker and sell my game without it. $250 shipped in the USA. This is the mech here, so you'd be saving $50 at least after Marco's shipping.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9810-00

#12355 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If anyone is interested in the Rising Grave Maker mech for their Met Pro, I'd be willing to sell mine and reinstall the pro grave marker and sell my game without it. $250 shipped in the USA. This is the mech here, so you'd be saving $50 at least after Marco's shipping.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9810-00

Already spoken for. Just waiting to see if the game will sell with all mods installed so I don't need to uninstall and want to see if someone wants the entire "Promium" package.

#12356 6 years ago

I am going to be selling a set of Creeping Death Lighting Effect strips from MI Pinball Refinery. They look amazing when used with Creeping Death Pinblades (not included). I'm only selling them because I ordered Pinstadium lights, which will also feature the UV Glow flashing effect.

I bought them from Steve @ MI Pinball Refinery in December 2017, so they are almost brand new! They cost me $70+shipping when I bought them.
https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Creeping-Death-Lighting-effects-for-the-Cabinet-Artwork/p/30141856/category=5707242

These Creeping Death strips have the extra set of lightning bolt decals applied to the top side. They also have alligator clips on the wiring harness, so installation requires no soldering. The kit will come with the metal hex mounting standoffs and hardware to complete the installation.

I am asking $60 for the set ($65 if Paypal G&S payment) with USPS Priority Mail shipping included, saving you at least $20 if you were to buy them new. My only caveat is that I don't want to remove them from my game until my Pinstadium order has shipped, which HOPEFULLY won't be much longer than another week or two. You don't have to send payment until I'm ready to ship, though.

PM me if interested. Thanks!

p.s. Pics are taken from the MI Refinery site.

met1 (resized).jpgmet1 (resized).jpg

met2 (resized).jpgmet2 (resized).jpg

met3 (resized).jpgmet3 (resized).jpg

met4 (resized).jpgmet4 (resized).jpg

#12357 6 years ago

That creeping death mod works great on TFTC too. The green artwork on the TFTC playfield is UV reactive and really pops with these UV strips. The creeping death artwork also matches TFTC really well. Good deal for the creeping death UV lights.

#12358 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I am going to be selling a set of Creeping Death Lighting Effect strips from MI Pinball Refinery. They look amazing when used with Creeping Death Pinblades (not included). I'm only selling them because I ordered Pinstadium lights, which will also feature the UV Glow flashing effect.
I bought them from Steve @ MI Pinball Refinery in December 2017, so they are almost brand new! They cost me $70+shipping when I bought them.
https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Creeping-Death-Lighting-effects-for-the-Cabinet-Artwork/p/30141856/category=5707242
These Creeping Death strips have the extra set of lightning bolt decals applied to the top side. They also have alligator clips on the wiring harness, so installation requires no soldering. The kit will come with the metal hex mounting standoffs and hardware to complete the installation.
I am asking $60 for the set ($65 if Paypal G&S payment) with USPS Priority Mail shipping included, saving you at least $20 if you were to buy them new. My only caveat is that I don't want to remove them from my game until my Pinstadium order has shipped, which HOPEFULLY won't be much longer than another week or two. You don't have to send payment until I'm ready to ship, though.
PM me if interested. Thanks!
p.s. Pics are taken from the MI Refinery site.

I'll take them and have no problem waiting. PM your PayPal info. I do have the blades, so j know what I'm getting.

#12359 6 years ago

Guys how are you protecting the white paint bring chipped from sparkys feet? I feel like mine can't continue to take his too much longer without coming off

#12360 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys how are you protecting the white paint bring chipped from sparkys feet? I feel like mine can't continue to take his too much longer without coming off

I don’t think you can. Takes a lot of abuse. I thought about painting it red (where chipped, like bloood) but have been vetoed by my wife...still might do it

#12361 6 years ago

This is just an FYI of what I have found to fix my drop target issue on Metallica LE. Since day one it has had issues registering hits on the drop targets. I didn't notice it wasn't working at first since I didn't pay attention that the switch was registering when the drop target went down. Once I realized the first two drop targets weren't registering when dropping, I removed the assembly and tested it while in the air. It seemed like the drop targets were too far away from the opto, so they didn't register. (At least that is what I thought) I drilled out the bracket some to move the assemblies just a little closer to the drop targets and tested it again, bingo, targets now registering.
So being the OCD person that I am, I couldn't let the drilled out bracket remain, I ordered a new bracket and finally swapped out all the parts the other night. Put it in the game, and of course it is back to the same issue again. So now I know it isn't the complete bracket, must be the opto board. But I know it is working, just have to get the targets closer or something. Since the opto works on reflecting light back, I decided to try one more thing before buying a new opto board. I designed pieces in my sign software to go where the opto interrupter is on the drop target. Just installed the assembly back in the game, and everything is now perfect, the chrome vinyl I installed is obviously reflecting more back to the opto so that it knows its being tripped.

IMG_3165 (resized).jpgIMG_3165 (resized).jpg

#12362 6 years ago

Has anyone else ever heard a beeping coming from inside the game? I noticed it once last week and once today. Basically a quiet, constant, "beep... beep... beep..." The first time, I opened the coin door to lift the playfield and see what was going on, but since the 20v/50v power cuts when you do that, the beeping stopped. Today I heard it again, so turned the volume off, and started listening around the cabinet. It sounds like it's coming from the back of the machine in the main part of the cabinet, not the backbox. I looked through the grilles but didn't see anything blinking in time with the sound. And like last week, when I opened the coin door, it stopped.

Any ideas what it could be?

#12363 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Has anyone else ever heard a beeping coming from inside the game? I noticed it once last week and once today. Basically a quiet, constant, "beep... beep... beep..." The first time, I opened the coin door to lift the playfield and see what was going on, but since the 20v/50v power cuts when you do that, the beeping stopped. Today I heard it again, so turned the volume off, and started listening around the cabinet. It sounds like it's coming from the back of the machine in the main part of the cabinet, not the backbox. I looked through the grilles but didn't see anything blinking in time with the sound. And like last week, when I opened the coin door, it stopped.
Any ideas what it could be?

Squeaky shaker motor, if you have one.

#12364 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

but since the 20v/50v power cuts when you do that, the beeping stopped.

Pull the interlock switch to the out position to keep the high voltage on while the door is open.

#12365 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Squeaky shaker motor, if you have one.

It's definitely not a squeak, it's an electronic beep. (that, and I have the shaker motor unpulgged right now because I'm not a huge fan of it). The shaker is towards the front, and the beep is definitely coming from the back.

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Pull the interlock switch to the out position to keep the high voltage on while the door is open.

Isn't that dangerous? I've read a lot about Sparky shorting out, especially because I'd have to lift the playfield.

#12366 6 years ago

how old is the machine? could it possibly be a low voltage "change the battery" beep?

#12367 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

how old is the machine? could it possibly be a low voltage "change the battery" beep?

Good question. I bought it used (HUO) in October, and I think the original owner bought it in December - so a little over a year old I think? If it were the battery, wouldn't it beep consistently? And wouldn't the beep come from the backbox? It's only beeped at me twice.

I should replace the batteries in both that and my T2 though, so thanks for the reminder.

#12368 6 years ago

We’ve got a couple of these ball lock coffins available. Keeps track of your ball locks. Lock one ball a set of eyes light, lock ball two a second set lights, etc. video shows four sets, it was a prototype, production unit has three sets of lights, red, green and blue.

Available on our website or pinside shop...

#12369 6 years ago

I had the F7 fuse go out on my Met prem the other day and traced it down to the coffin magnet remaining on. Looks like I have to get a new board unless folks have figured out how to fix the issue. Have many others on this thread had this problem or has it been few and far between? Seems like kind of an odd problem to have on a Huo machine less than 2 years old?!

#12370 6 years ago

Would any of you premium/le owners be willing to snap a picture of the backlighting beneath the apron? Perhaps from a shop out?

I would like to see how the translucent triangles in the upper left and right corners are lit. I am recreating the effect on our Pro version.

I suspect that it is wired into the GI.

#12371 6 years ago

I just joined the club tonight!! I hadn't planned on it, but it sort of fell in my lap today. So we will see if it lasts or not.

IMG_5847 (resized).JPGIMG_5847 (resized).JPG

#12372 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

we will see if it lasts or not

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#12373 6 years ago

Has anyone had to remove the factory mylar on a Met Pro machine? I find that mine is starting to lift on the edges enough to sometimes divert the ball. I've never removed mylar from a pin in my life, and am very paranoid about damaging the playfield. If I use the freeze spray method, is the mylar likely to lift up cleanly, or will there be residue left behind? How likely is it to remove any of the playfield paint/lettering in the process of doing this?

#12374 6 years ago

if you're not comfortable using the inverted can method (compressed air or 'freeze spray'), since your mylar has already started to lift you can use some "goo gone" (NOTE: NOT GOOF OFF!) and let it wick underneath the mylar and dissolve the adhesive to easily lift it.

after you completely remove the mylar, you can use some additional goo gone on the area. sprinkle it with flour and "roll" over the area with your fingers to gather up any residual adhesive into tiny balls of flour and remove it

#12375 6 years ago

I’m considering picking up a Met LE. What’s a nice, low play, huo, mostly stock, one owner machine worth? Thanks

#12376 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I just joined the club tonight!! I hadn't planned on it, but it sort of fell in my lap today. So we will see if it lasts or not.

And my first reactions are: Hey this game is a blast! And, OMG does a normal DMD look bad in this game. Color DMD ordered for it this morning has already shipped. It's something you can't unsee. I've played enough MET with one that regular dots just won't do.

#12377 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Color DMD ordered for it this morning has already shipped.

Both times I ordered a ColorDMD in 2017, they were at my door 2 days later!

#12378 6 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Would any of you premium/le owners be willing to snap a picture of the backlighting beneath the apron? Perhaps from a shop out?
I would like to see how the translucent triangles in the upper left and right corners are lit. I am recreating the effect on our Pro version.
I suspect that it is wired into the GI.

Don't have a pic of my LE but I can tell you it's just a GI socket with a 47 bulb.

#12379 6 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

I had the F7 fuse go out on my Met prem the other day and traced it down to the coffin magnet remaining on. Looks like I have to get a new board unless folks have figured out how to fix the issue. Have many others on this thread had this problem or has it been few and far between? Seems like kind of an odd problem to have on a Huo machine less than 2 years old?!

HUO and METLE owned since new. I have had the F7 fuse blow I think 2 times. It's actually been quite a while since it has blown last so I kinda chock it up to one of those things, right or wrong.

#12380 6 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I’m considering picking up a Met LE. What’s a nice, low play, huo, mostly stock, one owner machine worth? Thanks

What # and as an LE owner, I say 20,000 lol

#12381 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And my first reactions are: Hey this game is a blast! And, OMG does a normal DMD look bad in this game. Color DMD ordered for it this morning has already shipped. It's something you can't unsee. I've played enough MET with one that regular dots just won't do.

That's the first thing I ordered when I got my MET pro. All those obnoxious red Stern displays looked bad but wow do they look awful when you know there are good dots to be seen.

#12382 6 years ago

Became a member today.....my first brand new pinball machine as well. What a game. I've probably played at least 100 games on it today! If I knew how I would actually look to see. I actually dropped 8 quarters in to play my first 3 games then learned how to put into free play. Ordered some mods as well that haven't arrived yet. Shaker motor, mirror pinblades and snake fangs and decal set.

#12383 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

Became a member today.....my first brand new pinball machine as well. What a game. I've probably played at least 100 games on it today! If I knew how I would actually look to see. I actually dropped 8 quarters in to play my first 3 games then learned how to put into free play. Ordered some mods as well that haven't arrived yet. Shaker motor, mirror pinblades and snake fangs and decal set.

Congrats. Which version?

#12384 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

And one of the best mods (pricey but worth it) is the ColorDMD. Met has some of the best colorized dots ever IMO.

#12385 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

Ordered some mods as well that haven't arrived yet. Shaker motor, mirror pinblades and snake fangs and decal set.

Welcome to the club. I recommend adding a cliffy for the shooter lane and fluorescent plastic protectors.

#12386 6 years ago

I have a rule question on the pro. Whenever i hit the rollover switches on the inlanes, the casket lights up. Hit the casket, but its not the hurry up or anything, or even extra points. I was just wondering what its for. Thanks

#12387 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats. Which version?

MET Pro......really wanting to order some protectors. A color DMD would be great, going to have to wait a bit for that.

#12388 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We’ve got a couple of these ball lock coffins available. Keeps track of your ball locks. Lock one ball a set of eyes light, lock ball two a second set lights, etc. video shows four sets, it was a prototype, production unit has three sets of lights, red, green and blue.
» YouTube video
Available on our website or pinside shop...

I got mine in the mail a couple days ago. Installed it in the met pro and everything looks good, thanks for the fast shipping.

#12389 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

I too have just gotten met pro. I'm thinking about getting pingraffix metallica creeping death animated powerbladez. They look cool, anyone on here have them?

#12390 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have a rule question on the pro. Whenever i hit the rollover switches on the inlanes, the casket lights up. Hit the casket, but its not the hurry up or anything, or even extra points. I was just wondering what its for. Thanks

I'm fairly certain that the inlane switches light the coffin for a few seconds and will count for 2 coffin hits.

#12391 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

It means that if you hit the captive ball straight away it will advance you 2 coffins towards lighting the insert you need for CIU.
It's can be turned off in the settings if you want.

#12392 6 years ago

Ok, that makes sense. Coffin is usually the first one i finish for crank it up, probably because of that

#12393 6 years ago

Ok so I have a rules question as well,
What is it that gives a Snake letter when you hit the snake shot ?
And should a letter be awarded every time if the light on the snake head is lit ?
And what lights the Snake ?
It takes me forever to finish the snake for some reason .

#12394 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ok so I have a rules question as well,
What is it that gives a Snake letter when you hit the snake shot ?
And should a letter be awarded every time if the light on the snake head is lit ?
And what lights the Snake ?
It takes me forever to finish the snake for some reason .

You should get a SNAKE letter every time you shoot the snake when it is lit. In order to relight the snake, you must shoot one of the five main shots while the snake insert for that shot is lit.

#12395 6 years ago

Ive completed snake without getting snake multiball. Seems it doesnt always add a letter

#12396 6 years ago

once you complete 'snake', I thought that you had to hit it once more to start the multi-ball

as gweempose stated, you have to hit one of the five lit shots in order to light the snake light. hitting the snake before you light him doesn't get you anything. you then have to hit him again to re-light the 5 shots.

the cycle is:
hit the snake
hit one of the five lit shots to light snake
hit the snake to collect a letter

once, you've collected all 5 letters (spelling 'snake'), hit the snake to start snake multi-ball

#12397 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

once you complete 'snake', I thought that you had to hit it once more to start the multi-ball

This is correct. After you collect the final letter, the snake flasher will start going nuts letting you know that the multiball is ready. Shoot the snake one more time to start it.

Bear in mind, that I am talking about the game with default settings. This is something I've never played around with, so it's entirely possible that you can change the settings to make getting the multiball more difficult.

#12398 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

as gweempose stated, you have to hit one of the five lit shots in order to light the snake light. hitting the snake before you light him doesn't get you anything. you then have to hit him again to light the 5 shots.
the cycle is:
hit the snake
once, you've collected all 5 letters (spelling 'snake'), hit the snake to start snake multi-ball

Thanks
Very well described .

#12399 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

as gweempose stated, you have to hit one of the five lit shots in order to light the snake light. hitting the snake before you light him doesn't get you anything. you then have to hit him again to re-light the 5 shots.
the cycle is:
hit the snake

.....that is how it is started? damn...i didn't even know! I just hit the snake over and over...then randomly a multiball starts that I think took forever to get.

#12400 6 years ago

There is a setting that you can use which will help progress all CIU inserts faster including snake. I forget what the setting is called, but usually you lose your insert progress at the end of a ball unless you lit all shots and hit the hurry up. With the setting on, progress remains after you lose a ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/248 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.