C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 434.
#12302 6 years ago

Thanks Pin Guy ,
After calming down Looks like I need to re use that original ribion cable .
Not sure why they would include new short one .

#12303 6 years ago

Glad you got her working, sucks to spend that much on a mod and not get to use it right away.

I believe the short cable is needed for Stern White Star games like LOTR that have the DMD controller attached to the DMD bracket; I'm not sure why they would include that in a SAM package as I can see the confusion it could create.

#12304 6 years ago

Anyone else feel like the shots off the targets are coming off crazy fast on pro? I used to own a prem before and feel like pro is playing faster than expected....

#12305 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Glad you got her working, sucks to spend that much on a mod and not get to use it right away.
I believe the short cable is needed for Stern White Star games like LOTR that have the DMD controller attached to the DMD bracket; I'm not sure why they would include that in a SAM package as I can see the confusion it could create.

Thanks again I am 100% up and running , I'm an idiot and I'm going to delete my previously s posts... color DMD makes a great product !!!

#12306 6 years ago

Nephew printed out a couple of those light brackets.

26240600_1317152321764188_6450082991667027443_o (resized).jpg26240600_1317152321764188_6450082991667027443_o (resized).jpg

#12307 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone else feel like the shots off the targets are coming off crazy fast on pro? I used to own a prem before and feel like pro is playing faster than expected....

Targets are the same. Your mind is playing games with you.

#12308 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I need to tame down my shaker. Seems lime it has gotten stronger and rattles the shit out of the game

Search ebay: DC 6V/12V/24V/28V 3A PWM Motor Speed Regulator Controller Switch

You need to add one of those in line and you can adjust it to whatever amount of shake you desire.

#12309 6 years ago

Noticed that my two shoot again lights between the flippers were out as well as all 4 guitar pic lights right above them.
Turns out a small red wire had come unsoldered off of one of the shoot again light sockets. Back up and running now but it took a bit of pushing on the wires to even notice it had come loose.

1 week later
#12310 6 years ago

My 6 year old has been playing metallica non stop lately. He is getting pretty good it seems. Hes had 49 million as his high score and he keeps saying he wont stop until he gets his initials up (shouldnt be too hard since my high score is only around 100 mil). Its great to see a new generation playing and trying to learn to play! He can pass between flippers easily and hit most of his shots if he aims. Problem is he never stops singing metallica now! Anyways, he has been begging me for the premium instead of the pro, and wondered if its worth the price differance. The hammer seems cool, rising grave marker and snake jaws all seem cool, but is it worth trying to trade the pro towards a premium?

#12311 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

My 6 year old has been playing metallica non stop lately. He is getting pretty good it seems. Hes had 49 million as his high score and he keeps saying he wont stop until he gets his initials up (shouldnt be too hard since my high score is only around 100 mil). Its great to see a new generation playing and trying to learn to play! He can pass between flippers easily and hit most of his shots if he aims. Problem is he never stops singing metallica now! Anyways, he has been begging me for the premium instead of the pro, and wondered if its worth the price differance. The hammer seems cool, rising grave marker and snake jaws all seem cool, but is it worth trying to trade the pro towards a premium?

I say no. Others say yes. So maybe

#12312 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I'm happy with a Pro, but sounds like your son isn't.

On the one hand he sound be eternally thankful Dad's got a Metallica Pinball machine! On the other hand Dad's 'only' got a Pro Metallica Pinball machine...

If money's not a big issue, upgrade.

#12313 6 years ago

premium has the extra features you detailed AND also has the different colors of gi with varying lighting schemes ---> PLUS the SPINNERS!!!! Which to me make the premium the one to go for...

#12314 6 years ago

He should be grateful i have a met at all youre right! Sold 4 games to buy it. He wants a premium sitting next to the pro so he can play the good one while i play the pro he said. Not gunna happen! The g.i. i like as well. Id like a premium, but itll be awhile until i shop mine and try to trade up

#12315 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

AND also has the different colors of gi with varying lighting schemes ---> PLUS the SPINNERS!!!! Which to me make the premium the one to go for...

My pro w/ total light show + spinners begs to differ

A906DD9D-F8A8-434E-997B-E27E63CF6880 (resized).jpegA906DD9D-F8A8-434E-997B-E27E63CF6880 (resized).jpeg

#12316 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

WOW!!! Gorgeous!!! No argument here....

#12317 6 years ago

Thanks! You premium guys still get the hammer lock, rising cross and interactive snake. And your spinners are tied into the code unlike mine. It really is one of the best values for a premium in the Stern lineup.

If anybody every wants to upgrade their pro, it’s around $400 and a day’s worth of work to install the light show and spinners.

#12318 6 years ago

Thanks! You premium guys still get the hammer lock, rising cross and interactive snake. And your spinners are tied into the code unlike mine. It really is one of the best values for a premium in the Stern lineup.
If anybody every wants to upgrade their pro, it’s around $400 and a day’s worth of work to install the light show and spinners.

THIS. This entire statement is correct. I did the same to my pro and couldn't be happier. Still some major savings over the prem. That being said, if you need the hammer, go for the premium. The stock pro vs. stock premium is an easy one for me - stock prem all day. Pro with light show, spinners = best choice b/c you're still saving 1200 or so.

#12319 6 years ago

I went back and forth on this decision myself, ended up with premium, and love it. The hammer is awesome. The rising cross is meh (probably because I rarely activate it due to sucking...), and the spinners are cool (although they block your view a little so you can't tell which lane is active).

Does total light show have color changing inserts? I love being able to see what to do based on the color of the flashing inserts.

#12320 6 years ago

not color changing inserts ---> different color General illumination (GI) which are red white and blue that light in various ways/combinations to change the overall lighting effects.

#12321 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

not color changing inserts ---> different color General illumination (GI) which are red white and blue that light in various ways/combinations to change the overall lighting effects.

Gotcha -- I definitely think the multicolored inserts are worth the upgrade to a premium as they directly impact gameplay.

#12322 6 years ago

If you absolutely do not like the hammer then stick with a pro...if you like all the other stuff...spinners, rising cross, RGB lighting, etc then just get a premium. I hear all this talk about cost and the truth is the cost difference plus your time is worth it in the long run to just get a premium. And everything is tied into the gameplay correctly.

#12323 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

If you absolutely do not like the hammer then stick with a pro...if you like all the other stuff...spinners, rising cross, RGB lighting, etc then just get a premium. I hear all this talk about cost and the truth is the cost difference plus your time is worth it in the long run to just get a premium. And everything is tied into the gameplay correctly.

Modding is fun though right? So time doesn’t matter?

Unless you modded your game and then had to ship off the pf and are dreading reinstalling them all.....ughhhhhhhh

#12324 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The rising cross is meh (probably because I rarely activate it due to sucking...)

BACKHAND that SOB!

#12325 6 years ago

Most satisfying shot ive found so far. Backhand 5 times straight for the multiball. Only hit 5 in a row twice though

#12326 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

BACKHAND that SOB!

I try that, but I still usually miss, hit the guitar pick instead, and then drain SDTM. (see: "I suck" above ).

How many combos do people usually get? The max I've ever managed to get is 5 for some reason... I thought I'd be better at it, since on my T2, I can get in the groove and activate Payback Mode by just hitting the ramps back and forth... But not for Met.

#12327 6 years ago

Loaded Metallica Pro for sale: Total Lightshow & sound caller kit, Rising Grave Marker, Spinners and lots more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-loaded-pro-rising-grave-marker-total-lightshow#post-4161217

#12328 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

premium has the extra features you detailed AND also has the different colors of gi with varying lighting schemes ---> PLUS the SPINNERS!!!! Which to me make the premium the one to go for...

Don't forget the closing snake jaw. Plus the spinners now have a uniqe scoring rule as of the last code update. Hopefully the next code update actually shows you when it's active...

Rob

#12329 6 years ago

Just got my NIB MET in december and noticed this right out of the box.
Any one else got this on the t-mold?
It looks like that all the way round, and on the other side too.

I just emailed my distributor, hopefully I can get it sorted.

IMG_2409 (resized).jpgIMG_2409 (resized).jpg

#12330 6 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

Just got my NIB MET in december and noticed this right out of the box.
Any one else got this on the t-mold?
It looks like that all the way round, and on the other side too.
I just emailed my distributor, hopefully I can get it sorted.

What are we looking at? Bubbled t molding?

#12331 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What are we looking at? Bubbled t molding?

Yes the bubbles. Does not show that much in the picture but it clearly shows irl

#12332 6 years ago

My Metallica Premium disagrees with you

#12333 6 years ago

What's your disagreement? I stated that it's possible to add the multi-colored GI and non code integrated spinners into a pro, and that the premium has a bunch of other cool stuff that are worth it to some folks and not to others. I couldn't have been less argumentative haha. WHY ARE WE ARGUING?!?!?!

#12334 6 years ago

I’m not arguing , I was attempting to be witty. Either way pro or Prem you can’t loose.

#12335 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I’m not arguing , I was attempting to be witty. Either way pro or Prem you can’t loose.

Or lose if you will

#12336 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I’m not arguing , I was attempting to be witty.

Oh no worries I was doing the same haha. Nice machine!

#12337 6 years ago

Well, I was initially going to get a pro, but all that was in stock was a monsters premium so I went for it and I have been thrilled. Anybody that has this game - pro, prem or LE - just loves it. Very few haters on this game, that is for sure.

#12338 6 years ago

I'm kinda getting bored by Metallica now which is why I have it up for sale. I actually enjoy Mustang more than Metallica and hope to get an Aerosmith Pro if the Metallica sells.

#12339 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm kinda getting bored by Metallica now which is why I have it up for sale. I actually enjoy Mustang more than Metallica and hope to get an Aerosmith Pro if the Metallica sells.

No harm in getting tired of a game and desiring something new. Mustang is actually a pretty fun game with the new code.

I'm going to take heat from this but have you considered a GOT? It would go great with your collection and would be even cheaper than the AS. The rules seem basic but the multitude of strategies you can play that game with really creates some good lastibility. It's by far my favorite pin in my collection.

#12340 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Most satisfying shot ive found so far. Backhand 5 times straight for the multiball. Only hit 5 in a row twice though

This can become the most satisfying thing or the most frustrating all in the blink of the eye. Get to MB and it's an awesome feeling but draining after making it through all 3 drops and 1 shot to the lane is so frustrating since you have to start over with the drops. I love that risk vs reward.

#12341 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

No harm in getting tired of a game and desiring something new. Mustang is actually a pretty fun game with the new code.
I'm going to take heat from this but have you considered a GOT? It would go great with your collection and would be even cheaper than the AS. The rules seem basic but the multitude of strategies you can play that game with really creates some good lastibility. It's by far my favorite pin in my collection.

GoT is awesome! - had one for a while, then traded it for TWD, then traded TWD for XMLE, sold XMLE and then bought Metallica.

My wife and I played Aerosmith at the shows this year and we came away with the same feeling we had playing GoT - FUN!

Mustang has lastibility because I enjoy changing up the songs now and again and my wife has a Mustang. Sure, I do switch songs with Metallica too, but Met is more serious and I'm not always up for metal. I did start changing Met songs to other bands for variety, but I think I just don't like picking one main song to listen to an entire game. With the modes in Mustang and Aerosmith it's fun to jukebox a game when playing.

#12342 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Very few haters on this game, that is for sure.

They are all too busy hatin' Star Wars...

Rob

#12343 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

They are all too busy hatin' Star Wars...
Rob

That's b/c star wars is the biggest disappointment in some time. Pro is an absolute mess especially.

MET - such a good game! Premium or pro with light show and spinners.

#12344 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pro is an absolute mess especially.

Well, that's just like, your opinion man

Mine has been, and continues to be, the most played game in my collection!

#12345 6 years ago

Well, that's just like, your opinion man
Mine has been, and continues to be, the most played game in my collection!

yep - def my opinion only. Glad you're enjoying it. Biggest disappointment for me.

#12346 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yep - def my opinion only. Glad you're enjoying it. Biggest disappointment for me.

A polarizing game for sure!

#12347 6 years ago

Super jealous of your Alien btw, was blown away when I finally played one over the Holidays! Oh, and back on topic, Metallica rules

#12349 6 years ago

I keep clicking on here thinking it's the Metallica thread.

#12350 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I own both AS Pro & MET Premium. While AS is amazing & a blast to play ... I would absolutely NEVER trade Metallica for Aerosmith. MET (Premium) is just that good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.50
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
7,600 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/247?hl=maclean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.