C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 434.
#12251 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Ahhh gotcha lol. Yeah I know right. I’ll never understand when something is for sale but there are no pics!!! Crazy haha

Does the topper say Metallica on it?

#12252 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Does the topper say Metallica on it?

I don’t know lol. I’ve never seen it

#12253 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Does.any one have a pic of the Laserrific topper . I can't find anything.
Pic or Video would be great..
Thanks

Here is mine. Don’t see one’s like this all that often. Goes great with my premium with purple armor.

2D931A85-9D99-42D7-B7BA-C8F46FFFF6DF (resized).jpeg2D931A85-9D99-42D7-B7BA-C8F46FFFF6DF (resized).jpeg

B658DFA1-6B47-43B8-AC47-629EB898DBC5 (resized).jpegB658DFA1-6B47-43B8-AC47-629EB898DBC5 (resized).jpeg

3834FC8F-E59C-4CFE-B714-B2E54E4DF947 (resized).jpeg3834FC8F-E59C-4CFE-B714-B2E54E4DF947 (resized).jpeg

#12254 6 years ago

Ahhhhh yes I have seen that one then. Didn’t know that was the Laseriffic one lol

#12255 6 years ago

There is a slightly different version. More redish. Goes great with the LE.

1E952E76-82F8-4F49-B890-B3F689D6F418 (resized).jpeg1E952E76-82F8-4F49-B890-B3F689D6F418 (resized).jpeg

#12256 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Here is mine. Don’t see one’s like this all that often. Goes great with my premium with purple armor.

Quoted from Apollyon:

There is a slightly different version. More redish. Goes great with the LE.

Thanks Guys ,
Those look great .

#12257 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

Try reseating all connections on the GI driver board. It’s the same board that data cable connects to dead center under the playfield. I had a 3pin connector go bad in mine that caused a crazy strobe.

I had the same problem with my GI, strobing, completely off, weird colours.
I thought it was the data cable as well, because every time I reseated it the GI worked fine.
Turns out it was the 3pin connector right next to it(as stated above) which was the problem. It just so happened that as I was reseating the data cable I must have touched the 3pin and knocked it right.
The connector just needs reflowing to the board, as there is likely a dry joint.

#12258 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks Guys ,
Those look great .

I'm not sure those are available anymore. I had heard that the manufacturer had got a C & D order because they say Metallica, that's why I was asking if the toppers actually say Metallica on them.

Maybe my info was wrong or they got the C & D worked out? I'm not a topper guy but I think both of those look awesome.

#12259 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I had the same problem with my GI, strobing, completely off, weird colours.
I thought it was the data cable as well, because every time I reseated it the GI worked fine.
Turns out it was the 3pin connector right next to it(as stated above) which was the problem. It just so happened that as I was reseating the data cable I must have touched the 3pin and knocked it right.
The connector just needs reflowing to the board, as there is likely a dry joint.

When my 3pin went bad I bush fixed it while waiting on a new board and harness from stern. I took a small flathead optical style screwdriver and stuck it in the end of the connector to bend the metal tabs to a harder angle so they sat more secure on the posts when connected. It worked so well I never bothered to install the new board and harness yet. Figured I’d wait till my fix failed and 4 months later the issue has never popped back up for me.

#12260 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I'm not sure those are available anymore. I had heard that the manufacturer had got a C & D order because they say Metallica, that's why I was asking if the toppers actually say Metallica on them.
Maybe my info was wrong or they got the C & D worked out? I'm not a topper guy but I think both of those look awesome.

Melissa at Cointaker has told me she has them available , not sure which one though and maybe that is why we can't find anything on the net ...???

#12261 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

maybe that is why we can't find anything on the net ...???

That's what I was thinking, selling them on the down low. If Cointaker has one of the two pictured above I'd pull the trigger one one as long they aren't outrageously priced.

#12262 6 years ago

I am building a trophy for Metallica high score holders in our house. (A Dad here at home needing a holiday project. ) The base has metal engraved plates that will show current and past record holders. If a visitor gets it, they take the trophy home with them. Does anyone have any ideas for what should go on top of the trophy? Current nominees are a guitar, rocking hand (sign of the horns thing), or a giant pinball. I feel like you guys would have better ideas than this. Any ideas out there? Thanks for your help.

47F0CCE7-9521-40E5-AF91-F984705504BC (resized).jpeg47F0CCE7-9521-40E5-AF91-F984705504BC (resized).jpeg

#12263 6 years ago

Nice! How about the stylized letter M so you know it's specific to the Metallica pin?

#12264 6 years ago

How about an electric chair with a character whose shirt can have different name tags?

#12265 6 years ago
Quoted from Sullmeist:

I am building a trophy for Metallica high score holders in our house. (A Dad here at home needing a holiday project. ) The base has metal engraved plates that will show current and past record holders. If a visitor gets it, they take the trophy home with them.

Find a cheap sparky (replaced due to broken foot) that is suitable for a trophy and put him in a chair. The trophy holder has the right to repaint/retheme sparky.

#12266 6 years ago

Ho, ho, ho... here's a holiday freebie.
I wasn't happy with the uneven lighting of the four lights (cross, electric chair switch, coffin, and snake) down by the flippers. So I designed a light holder for all four lights that centers them on their inserts so you get even illumination.

Met_4-lights-model (resized).jpgMet_4-lights-model (resized).jpg

I left off the holes on the mounting tabs because it appears that Stern was not very precise/consistent about where they screwed in the 4 light mounts. So I leave it up to you to drill the bracket where you want them. I was able to use one of the existing screw holes on my playfield (and carefully tapped a new hole for the other side). Also, to make printing easier, the mounting tabs are thicker than the originals, so you'll have to use screws that are ~1/4" longer.
Just remove the four old light mounts that are haphazardly screwed in, and replace with the new one-piece holder. Clip your lights in and you're done.
Here's a pic of the old mounts and the new printed replacement:

Met_4-lights-printed (resized).jpgMet_4-lights-printed (resized).jpg

You can download the STL file from my site if you'd like to print your own: http://scoresaves.com/pinball/Met_4-lights.7z

I've printed up an extra one. First person to reply here can have it for free. I pay shipping.

Edit: Someone asked to see what the inserts look like with the new light holder. So here's a pic of what mine currently looks like. I just used what I had on hand for colored LEDs (the white I used under the cross is a bit brighter than the others, but I think it still looks OK in person so I doubt I'll bother to change it).

Met_insert-lights (resized).jpgMet_insert-lights (resized).jpg

#12267 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I wasn't happy with the uneven lighting of the four lights (cross, electric chair switch, coffin, and snake) down by the flippers. So I designed a light holder for all four lights that centers them on their inserts so you get even illumination.

I left off the holes on the mounting tabs because it appears that Stern was not very precise/consistent about where they screwed in the 4 light mounts. So I leave it up to you to drill the bracket where you want them. I was able to use one of the existing screw holes on my playfield (and carefully tapped a new hole for the other side). Also, to make printing easier, the mounting tabs are thicker than the originals, so you'll have to use screws that are ~1/4" longer.
Just remove the four old light mounts that are haphazardly screwed in, and replace with the new one-piece holder. Clip your lights in and you're done.

You can download the STL file from my site if you'd like to print your own: http://scoresaves.com/pinball/Met_4-lights.7z
I've printed up an extra one. First person to reply here can have it for free. I pay shipping.

I will take.it

#12268 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I will take.it

Send me your address and I'll get it mailed out.

#12269 6 years ago

I bought a Tournament button from Pinball Life, and was expecting it to have some instructions... But all I received was literally a button... I've looked on the forums and found some posts that it's "easy" to install - just solder a diode somewhere and solder some wires to some other wires... But didn't find a post that explained in details that a complete newbie who has used a soldering iron only a single time in his life would understand. Anyone see a doc like that for me?

#12270 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought a Tournament button from Pinball Life, and was expecting it to have some instructions... But all I received was literally a button... I've looked on the forums and found some posts that it's "easy" to install - just solder a diode somewhere and solder some wires to some other wires... But didn't find a post that explained in details that a complete newbie who has used a soldering iron only a single time in his life would understand. Anyone see a doc like that for me?

It is wired exactly like the start button. The diode and one wire need to be soldered on, other wires are spade connectors already in the game.

#12271 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

How do I create one of these with just a print? What material are you using to make the mount and where do you get it? Good idea, thanks!

#12272 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do I create one of these with just a print? What material are you using to make the mount and where do you get it? Good idea, thanks!

I use a 3D printer (fused filament fabrication) with ABS plastic. A print of this size takes about 2 hours (including heat-up and cool-down).

#12273 6 years ago

Over my head. Do you plan on making more and selling some?

#12274 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It is wired exactly like the start button. The diode and one wire need to be soldered on, other wires are spade connectors already in the game.

OK I will try to take a look at the start button and see what I can figure out, thanks. What diode do I need (or where can I get that info)?

#12275 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Over my head. Do you plan on making more and selling some?

Sure, I can make one for you. Send me a PM.

#12276 6 years ago

Not sure if anyone remembers, but my replacement pf was giving me issues when draining and it not knowing a ball drained. I did switch tests and such and everything seemed to work...however! I found the issue. Trough switch 4, is very stiff and if the ball rolls slow enough the switch catches the ball and it does not shut the switch. Ha finally, that was a bugger!

I do have a new issue though, the snake lower lip has caught the ball a couple times now and it takes a tilt of shaking to get the ball to fall. Can the snake lip height be adjust easy? I just haven’t looked yet.

#12277 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Import as mm or inches? I assume mm after trying...

#12278 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Import as mm or inches? I assume mm after trying...

Yes, units are mm.

#12279 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Sure, I can make one for you. Send me a PM.

I would love to have one, could you do one for me as well?
Harley D.

#12280 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Id love one, but dont want to make work for you. If you decide to sell these, i would buy one

#12281 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

OK I will try to take a look at the start button and see what I can figure out, thanks. What diode do I need (or where can I get that info)?

Check the manual, but I Think it’s 1n4004 or 1n4001.

#12282 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

thanks for the file, looks like site may be down for a bit, maybe too many people downloading file.

#12283 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

thanks for the file, looks like site may be down for a bit, maybe too many people downloading file.

I have it if you need. Send me an email or the OP can too

#12284 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Not sure if it was down, but my site is up now. If you have any trouble just let me know and I'll email the file to you directly.

#12285 6 years ago

I just got my replacement playfield, got everything hooked up except these wires. If you see in the attached pic that I took while unplugging the PF, there is a female to female connector. I sent this connector back to Stern but the new PF didn't come with one. Does anyone know what this type of connector is called and if it's something I can find it at hardware stores? Kind of bummed I couldn't get my game back up and running for the weekend.

Thanks!
Osh

Missing connector (resized).jpegMissing connector (resized).jpeg

#12286 6 years ago

It’s just a three wide but 2 prong male to male adapter. Either call stern or they sell them at digikey, Great Plains and mouser. Not sure a local shop would.

I’ll try to find one after my coffee and I’m more coherent

#12287 6 years ago

Thanks Vibe. Hoping to avoid having to wait on Stern mostly because it's a long weekend and I'm impatient

At least you gave me some better words to use when I call around to local stores.

#12288 6 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Thanks Vibe. Hoping to avoid having to wait on Stern mostly because it's a long weekend and I'm impatient
At least you gave me some better words to use when I call around to local stores.

It’s just a z-connector. You can get the longer 24 pin version at GPE and cut it down to whatever you need.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MWWS156-1624

#12289 6 years ago

Bellagio has a good one. I bought mine all pre broke from PBL. I have some 2 pin ones.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2095

I can mail them out (2 of them)

Pbl also has a 4 pin that you could break 1 off to make into a 3
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2446

#12290 6 years ago

If you want it fixed this weekend, your best optin is to just get rid of the Z connector and install male and female Molex connectors on the wires. The female should go on the voltage side and the male on the load side

#12291 6 years ago

Thanks Bellagio & Vibe, I can just have Stern send it to me, just trying to see if I can get it up and running this weekend. Appreciate the offer and advice.

Pin_Guy, good suggestion, I'll give that a try.

#12292 6 years ago

If you’re decent at soldering I suppose you could join them together until the adapter comes.

Or even alligator clips with electrical tape to “secure”

#12293 6 years ago

This is the way to go for these inserts. It looks factory. I just ordered one. $15 shipped.

Quoted from mattosborn:

Edit: Someone asked to see what the inserts look like with the new light holder. So here's a pic of what mine currently looks like. I just used what I had on hand for colored LEDs (the white I used under the cross is a bit brighter than the others, but I think it still looks OK in person so I doubt I'll bother to change it).

#12294 6 years ago

When i hit my left flipper, there is a lot of buzzing, pretty loud, is this normal? Or is there a fix? Wires all look good, just wondered

#12295 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

When i hit my left flipper, there is a lot of buzzing, pretty loud, is this normal? Or is there a fix? Wires all look good, just wondered

I think most people said the coil and bend washer are vibrating. You can loosen and retighten the coil and stop and it should help.

#12297 6 years ago

I need to tame down my shaker. Seems lime it has gotten stronger and rattles the shit out of the game

#12298 6 years ago

My bad ,
Figured out my mistake thanks Pin Guy

#12299 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Why is the ribion cable provided by color DMD so damn short ? Am I missing something , it's not even close to long enough to connect .

I think you are missing something, but I'm not sure what as you should be using the ribbon cable that came with your game....

Have you reached out to the folks at ColorDMD? In my experience, I found them to be very responsive to issues with their products.

DSC00287 (resized).JPGDSC00287 (resized).JPG

#12300 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Not sure if it was down, but my site is up now. If you have any trouble just let me know and I'll email the file to you directly.

Thanks, got the file. Appreciate the generosity!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,600 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/246 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.