C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 434.
#12201 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys, what's the setting called in the menus that allows the ball to be saved if you accidently drain? Is it called Ball Save? I can't seem to find it in the menus anywhere.

Coin door ball save with options "Yes" or "No" I believe.

#12202 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Coin door ball save with options "Yes" or "No" I believe.

That’s not it, that’s only if you open the coin door, for example, to free a stuck ball. It’s freeze time on tspp, on my twd, it’s called ball save time.

#12203 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s not it, that’s only if you open the coin door, for example, to free a stuck ball. It’s freeze time on tspp, on my twd, it’s called ball save time.

You are right I mis-read that and thought he was talking about the coin door ball save, thanks!

#12204 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Each song has what you could call a “checkpoint”. If you don’t make it to said checkpoint.....the song starts over. If you make it to a checkpoint or multiple checkpoints it will start from the last one you made it to. Sometimes I find myself cheating and cradling the ball for a few minutes just to make it to a certain part of the song lolol. I suck sometimes lol

Is it bad to hold the flippers for an extended period of time?

#12205 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You wouldn’t be the first to fry the transistor because of long holding the flipper up.

#12206 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You wouldn’t be the first to fry the transistor because of long holding the flipper up.

yep, you'll blow one of the 3A fuses under the playfield and Q15 (left flipper) or Q16 (right flipper)

this is due to stern's [awesome] use of using +50vdc for both kick & hold

#12207 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

maybe? How long is extended? I've held a ball in place before for several minutes while having a conversation with no ill effects.

#12208 6 years ago

Does anyone have a source for the transluscent apron inserts on a premium/le? I need one of each.

*** edit - I am also open to other suggestions that can be backlit and that add some color.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#12209 6 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Does anyone have a source for the transluscent apron inserts on a premium/le? I need one of each.

Think you have to order an entire premium plastic kit, about $120. I could be wrong though, maybe available separately?

#12210 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So I very rarely do this haha. I didn’t know this was bad for it but I do it to explain shots to people who are watching and are curious what I’m shooting for. And also sometimes just for a minute to advance the song a little. And honestly , I can’t even recall the last time I did it besides the normal cradling during game play. I will now limit my cradling time though based on others chiming in. Thanks for the heads up!!

#12211 6 years ago

I just installed the spinners from hooked and added the total light show spinner sound board. Wow - what a great mod. Along with the total light show it's a huge difference but I'm also a premium owner previously. Really missed the little things and this really hits home. What a mod.

#12212 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just installed the spinners from hooked and added the total light show spinner sound board. Wow - what a great mod. Along with the total light show it's a huge difference but I'm also a premium owner previously. Really missed the little things and this really hits home. What a mod.

How difficult was the spinner mod to install?

#12213 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

How difficult was the spinner mod to install?

Not that hard although really no instructions on how to do it. Knowing now, the longest part is cutting the plastics and then drilling 2 holes into the PF. I guess b/c it's not part of the PF you see it's not as bad but for me I was still nervous. It came out well and I'm not the best with that type of thing. I would say it took me a solid 2 hours for everything but i was also trying to figure it all out. It's def not an easy thing to do but not hard either. Def worth it though.

#12214 6 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Maybe if you call Chas at stern he could "find" you a couple .

#12215 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So the setting is named differently between Stern titles and it's called "FREEZE TIME" on TSPP? I asked originally because my MET almost always gives the ball back if it hits nothing and drains, in my TSPP the game never gives the ball back even if you hit nothing and it drains.

#12216 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So the setting is named differently between Stern titles and it's called "FREEZE TIME" on TSPP? I asked originally because my MET almost always gives the ball back if it hits nothing and drains, in my TSPP the game never gives the ball back even if you hit nothing and it drains.

The shoot again insert between the flippers will blink when ball save is active. On tspp it is called freeze time. You can set the number of seconds it is active, 5-7 is a good ball save for home use.

#12217 6 years ago

Am I crazy, or is the Metallica service manual on Stern's website an absolute f'ing out-of-order mess?!?!?

#12218 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Am I crazy, or is the Metallica service manual on Stern's website an absolute f'ing out-of-order mess?!?!?

If you think that's bad, look at the Tron manual!

Unfortunately you are not crazy. Recent Stern manuals are low quality, out of order, missing info, and contain incorrect info for the affected game. Look at the SM manual for an example of what the quality used to be like.

#12219 6 years ago

And TSPP as well. I think my paper copy was blavk and white, but the online pdf one is color.

#12220 6 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

And TSPP as well. I think my paper copy was blavk and white, but the online pdf one is color.

Same with Family guy, black and white on paper, full color in pdf form.

#12221 6 years ago

Do any of you have a spare set of apron decals, specifically the big main rectangular one in the middle or the small rectangular shooter lane one? I plan on re-doing my apron over the holiday.

Thanks!

#12222 6 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Do any of you have a spare set of apron decals, specifically the big main rectangular one in the middle or the small rectangular shooter lane one? I plan on re-doing my apron over the holiday.
Thanks!

Marcospec sell a comprehensive set of met decals

#12223 6 years ago

I could not find any info on a growing issue that I have with the Mystery kickout. It goes sdtm too often on our machine.

I have a cliffy scoop protector from day one and I am now at a few hundred plays.

Are there any adjustments that can be made to the kickout itself?

Thanks

#12224 6 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I could not find any info on a growing issue that I have with the Mystery kickout. It goes sdtm too often on our machine.
I have a cliffy scoop protector from day one and I am now at a few hundred plays.
Thanks

I watched a live video with Steve Ritchie talking about the new SW. lots of people have had probs with the right kickout going SDTM. He explained to make sure the scoop edges are really parallel to the playfield cutout. You will have to loosen a few screws for this. For Met, they are under the playfield. Try loosen them, slightly adjust the scoop, tighten them, and then play 20 games or so to see if that helps. Just a thought.

#12225 6 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Thanks

you may want to look at my post from about a year ago (and the one a few posts down). I believe that your problem may be similar in nature to what I was experiencing with the snake jaw
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3521263

#12226 6 years ago

Question on volume:

My menu volume is much louder on my Met than Tron. Both of the volume settings for the games are right about the same volume for sounds and music during a game, but the test menu is so much louder on Met. When I open the coin door and I get the 50V disabled beeps they are very loud as well, Tron is much quieter in the menu in general. I could not find a "menu volume" setting so how do you lower the volume of the menu sounds?

#12227 6 years ago

I have a set of inserts for an apron I’m selling. Had them on my Pro and don’t have it anymore. Will work on Premium but spotlight would have to be removed. PM if interested

#12228 6 years ago

Hi guys- just installed a shaker in my Met pro and finding that the only time it actually shakes is when you hit the captive ball for coffin lock or when you get a multi-ball. Is this normal? I have a shaker in my AC/DC and get a lot more action.

#12229 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hi guys- just installed a shaker in my Met pro and finding that the only time it actually shakes is when you hit the captive ball for coffin lock or when you get a multi-ball. Is this normal? I have a shaker in my AC/DC and get a lot more action.

Go to settings and set shaker to maximum interaction

#12230 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Does this enable some of the other shots to activate the shaker i assume

#12231 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

This is actually "Maximal" I have no idea why Stern decided to use this instead of Maximum

#12232 6 years ago

Just "joined the club" courtesy of JJ @ Game Exchange of CO with a Metallica Pro. Great experience. Small snafus on arrival but nothing serious. They decided to pack my machine with two legs that are the standard powdered black and two of the gold ones from Guardians of the Galaxy. This was either a mistake at the factory OR I have a super rare one off. I can't find the 1/1 placard though.

Anyway. first thing I did was throw out the standard instruction cards and pulled the promo media from the stern website and sharpen and add a "Free Play". Writing is small but it worked out pretty well IMHO.

IMG_20171220_104326 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_104326 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171220_104320 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_104320 (resized).jpg

#12233 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Just "joined the club" courtesy of JJ @ Game Exchange of CO with a Metallica Pro. Great experience. Small snafus on arrival but nothing serious. They decided to pack my machine with two legs that are the standard powdered black and two of the gold ones from Guardians of the Galaxy. This was either a mistake at the factory OR I have a super rare one off. I can't find the 1/1 placard though.
Anyway. first thing I did was throw out the standard instruction cards and pulled the promo media from the stern website and sharpen and add a "Free Play". Writing is small but it worked out pretty well IMHO.

Those look great Would you consider making them available?

#12234 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I have seen these aproncards befor somewhere

See this picture of like 4 yrs ago. Great minds think alike

C4551FBB-4BBC-473E-9800-CD3F1CB12655 (resized).jpegC4551FBB-4BBC-473E-9800-CD3F1CB12655 (resized).jpeg

#12235 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I have seen these aproncards befor somewhere
See this picture of like 4 yrs ago. Great minds think alike

Rensh I saw someone had done them somewhere and I couldn't find a file. I owe you a sincere thanks for the idea. Yours are scaled slightly better. I had to squash sparky a bit for it to fit. I am wondering why.

Thanks again. Here is the file in case anyone would want to use it. Just print on high quality photo printer (mine was on a $45 HP cheapo, with great results to my surprise). A paper cutter that does straight lines is then all you need. Either buy one or borrow at your local office supply big box store. Unfortunately, you MUST use a high quality large version of the file for the best results as Pinside resizes images. For a direct link to the full size file click here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4ynx72s3t10koo/Metallica%20CASE%20VER%20MAIN.png?dl=0
OH! The pinballcards logo at the bottom is because I used his original file just for the size and forgot to remove it. His Metallica cards are great but not what I was looking for for this pin. I highly recommend their cards though!

Metallica CASE VER MAIN (1) (resized).pngMetallica CASE VER MAIN (1) (resized).png

#12236 6 years ago

I made some underlights with an Arduino and some Ws2812 LEDs. It came out pretty well. I didn't wire it up to a switch yet.

Cost about $45 in materials, and a few hours of time.

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 2.30.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-12-22 at 2.30.21 PM (resized).png

#12237 6 years ago

My met monster GI's are strobing like crazy making gameplay impossible. Stern's warning is a reality if I tried to play with this happening for an extended period. If I disconnect/reconnect the grey data cable it seems to fix it for a very short time. Any ideas

#12238 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Rensh I saw someone had done them somewhere and I couldn't find a file. I owe you a sincere thanks for the idea. Yours are scaled slightly better. I had to squash sparky a bit for it to fit. I am wondering why.
Thanks again. Here is the file in case anyone would want to use it. Just print on high quality photo printer (mine was on a $45 HP cheapo, with great results to my surprise). A paper cutter that does straight lines is then all you need. Either buy one or borrow at your local office supply big box store. Unfortunately, you MUST use a high quality large version of the file for the best results as Pinside resizes images. For a direct link to the full size file click here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4ynx72s3t10koo/Metallica%20CASE%20VER%20MAIN.png?dl=0
OH! The pinballcards logo at the bottom is because I used his original file just for the size and forgot to remove it. His Metallica cards are great but not what I was looking for for this pin. I highly recommend their cards though!

Thank you, I will print these to replace the ugly stock cards

#12239 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

My met monster GI's are strobing like crazy making gameplay impossible. Stern's warning is a reality if I tried to play with this happening for an extended period. If I disconnect/reconnect the grey data cable it seems to fix it for a very short time. Any ideas

Try reseating all connections on the GI driver board. It’s the same board that data cable connects to dead center under the playfield. I had a 3pin connector go bad in mine that caused a crazy strobe.

#12240 6 years ago

Does.any one have a pic of the Laserrific topper . I can't find anything.
Pic or Video would be great..
Thanks

#12241 6 years ago

Has anyone here with a Premium ever tried switching all the red & blue GI lights to two different colors? Kinda curious what some other color combos might look like.

#12242 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

It's almost definitely the connector on the GI driver board.
Try turning your GI brightness down below 40 and see if the strobing stops. This allowed me to play mine until I was able to replace the connector.

#12243 6 years ago

Put up a new GC this weekend. With mostly factory settings. I do have extra balls on and the snake set to hold the ball in its mouth during mb etc. But my personal best since resetting machine a couple years ago and gking from 5ball to 3ball.

Drained during 4th CIU mode.

20171223_140914 (resized).jpg20171223_140914 (resized).jpg

#12244 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

Has anyone here with a Premium ever tried switching all the red & blue GI lights to two different colors? Kinda curious what some other color combos might look like.

Didn't change colors, but I switched all those red/white/blue GIs to frosted bulbs, which are a little easier on my eyes.

#12245 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Does.any one have a pic of the Laserrific topper . I can't find anything.
Pic or Video would be great..
Thanks

Nobody has picture of their Laserrific Topper...

#12246 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nobody has picture of their Laserrific Topper...

The website don't show that they make one. Have you seen one before?

#12247 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The website don't show that they make one. Have you seen one before?

No , I haven't seen one, web site doesn't show it and can't find a video on YouTube .
I am thinking of buying one but not until I see one lit up.

#12248 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

No , I haven't seen one, web site doesn't show it and can't find a video on YouTube .
I am thinking of buying one but not until I see one lit up.

Is this it? I found these on google images.

0E0347DC-EA83-43B9-90A8-C41AAB4E22D5 (resized).jpeg0E0347DC-EA83-43B9-90A8-C41AAB4E22D5 (resized).jpeg

D7883343-4B70-4336-AFD3-4B1C5CEAFDE1 (resized).jpegD7883343-4B70-4336-AFD3-4B1C5CEAFDE1 (resized).jpeg

#12249 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Is this it? I found these on google images.

Nope ...
I would think something for sale would be "easy" to find & buy. That one is made by tilt topper

#12250 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nope ...
I would think something for sale would be "easy" to find & buy. That one is made by tilt topper

Ahhh gotcha lol. Yeah I know right. I’ll never understand when something is for sale but there are no pics!!! Crazy haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/245?hl=jb-7x and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.