C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 434.
#12151 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Put my first plays on a NIB Premium last night, and one of those bulbs came out after about 15 games. I remembered this post as it was rolling toward the trough! Caught it in time.
To fix, I put a small RING of hot glue around the base, instead of a dab. Too much, you think?

Not at all. I had a similar issue with my ST LE and after some trial and error, I found that its best to rough up the area a little bit before you use the hot glue, this gives the glue a good surface to adhere to; after several years now, the bulbs are still in place.

#12152 6 years ago

Did this really bad ass purple for a metallica today. Matches the cabinet purple almost perfectly

20171205_154819 (resized).jpg20171205_154819 (resized).jpg

20171205_154731 (resized).jpg20171205_154731 (resized).jpg

20171205_154756 (resized).jpg20171205_154756 (resized).jpg

20171205_165440 (resized).jpg20171205_165440 (resized).jpg

#12153 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Did this really bad ass purple for a metallica today. Matches the cabinet purple almost perfectly

I’m looking forward to putting that on my machine. Thank you and great quality work!!!

#12154 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

You can start by checking these arrows in red and then go from there. It sounds like a nut may have fallen off over time and it's sitting crooked possibly.

I checked everything tonight and everything looks secure. I went ahead and loosened everything a bit and then re-tightened. I also adjusted the snakes mouth a bit (moved it up a bit). I am no longer getting air balls that hit the glass. However, the majority of the time the balls that do come out of the snakes mouth do have a little air under them (is that common?). Sometimes they shoot out without any air under them. All of the balls do always go to the left flipper as they should.

#12155 6 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

I checked everything tonight and everything looks secure. I went ahead and loosened everything a bit and then re-tightened. I also adjusted the snakes mouth a bit (moved it up a bit). I am no longer getting air balls that hit the glass. However, the majority of the time the balls that do come out of the snakes mouth do have a little air under them (is that common?). Sometimes they shoot out without any air under them. All of the balls do always go to the left flipper as they should.

Great, it must have been out of adjustment somehow and that all sounds normal!

#12156 6 years ago

Minor issue on my NIB Premium. Figured i'd post it here before calling Stern. Did a forum search and didn't find much. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

During certain times in a game, I start hearing a humming or buzzing noise, which sounds like it's 'underneath' the music and speech. It's not crazy loud, compared to the other sounds, but you can definitely hear it when it's there. It scales up & down when you adjust the volume of the game. Possibly starts happening when Lock is lit. I went into the tests to try and determine what is triggering it, and found that it's being caused by the Coffin Magnet. When the magnet is trying to detect a ball, you hear this humming noise 'underneath' all the other audio. Like I said, it's not ridiculously loud, but you do notice it right away, and it just doesn't seem normal to me.

I hear this noise coming from the speakers during the "1.Detect/Grab" test, and the "3.Detect" test.

During the "2.Detect/Hold" test, you don't hear noise from the speakers, but the machine actually starts to vibrate ever-so-slightly, and it makes a different noise, which is more mechanical sounding, and seems to come from the mechanism itself...not from the speakers. I assume THIS is normal? If so, only wondering about the noise coming from the speakers during the other Coffin Magnet tests, as described above.

Anyone else experience this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

#12157 6 years ago

Minor issue on my NIB Premium. Figured i'd post it here before calling Stern. Did a forum search and didn't find much. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
During certain times in a game, I start hearing a humming or buzzing noise, which sounds like it's 'underneath' the music and speech. It's not crazy loud, compared to the other sounds, but you can definitely hear it when it's there. It scales up & down when you adjust the volume of the game. Possibly starts happening when Lock is lit. I went into the tests to try and determine what is triggering it, and found that it's being caused by the Coffin Magnet. When the magnet is trying to detect a ball, you hear this humming noise 'underneath' all the other audio. Like I said, it's not ridiculously loud, but you do notice it right away, and it just doesn't seem normal to me.
I hear this noise coming from the speakers during the "1.Detect/Grab" test, and the "3.Detect" test.
During the "2.Detect/Hold" test, you don't hear noise from the speakers, but the machine actually starts to vibrate ever-so-slightly, and it makes a different noise, which is more mechanical sounding, and seems to come from the mechanism itself...not from the speakers. I assume THIS is normal? If so, only wondering about the noise coming from the speakers during the other Coffin Magnet tests, as described above.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

The coffin magnet has a high pitch sound to it when it is on and waiting to grab the ball.

#12158 6 years ago

I went into the tests to try and determine what is triggering it, and found that it's being caused by the Coffin Magnet. When the magnet is trying to detect a ball, you hear this humming noise 'underneath' all the other audio. Like I said, it's not ridiculously loud, but you do notice it right away, and it just doesn't seem normal to me.

I have that on my premium as well. At first I was annoyed, but now I use it as a notification that the lock is ready. I'm assuming it's normal, but looking forward to hearing from others as well.

#12159 6 years ago

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

It's normal.

Rob

#12160 6 years ago

Can anyone give me some quick tips / instructions for installing the Sparky airball protector from Pinbits?
Thanks!!!

#12161 6 years ago

Can anyone give me some quick tips / instructions for installing the Sparky airball protector from Pinbits?

Should be as simple as unscrewing a couple screws, removing the original protector, installing the new one, and screwing it back down.

#12162 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Should be as simple as unscrewing a couple screws, removing the original protector, installing the new one, and screwing it back down.

Thank you. Not at my game right now, but if it’s really that simple, that’s great.

#12163 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Great, it must have been out of adjustment somehow and that all sounds normal!

Yes, thanks a lot for the help!

#12164 6 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Yes, thanks a lot for the help!

No problem and I am glad you can enjoy your game again!!! I’ve been there with the Snake not accepting any shots to it so I am unfortunately well versed with the mech.

#12165 6 years ago

Had an amazing first ball on Met last night. Completed and cashed in 2 CIUs with 2x playfield running. Then started and completed Fade to Black, but got greedy relighting the 2x again and the bricked the scoop 3 times. Still got 76mil, but should have been worth over 200 mil if I'd have made it.

I can't ever see me selling this game - EVER!

FWTBT (resized).jpgFWTBT (resized).jpg

ES (resized).jpgES (resized).jpg

Ball 1 (resized).jpgBall 1 (resized).jpg

#12166 6 years ago

Holy f***

#12167 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Had an amazing first ball on Met last night. Completed and cashed in 2 CIUs with 2x playfield running. Then started and completed Fade to Black, but got greedy relighting the 2x again and the bricked the scoop 3 times. Still got 76mil, but should have been worth over 200 mil if I'd have made it.

Ok, those scores make me want to sell mine because I'm not worthy to own it... My high score last night was 30M.

#12168 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Respect

What was your end score?

#12169 6 years ago

One ball 900+ million!? Now put the glass back on lol. Getting that doubler and cashing in a decent CIU bonus is the best. If I can do that then I feel like a champ no matter what the end score turns out to be.

#12170 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Getting that doubler and cashing in a decent CIU bonus is the best.

I managed it once. Felt like a god...

#12171 6 years ago

Ever since I replaced my playfield, and reinstalled my mods, I’ve had trouble with my snake teeth falling out. I loosen the screw in the snakes mouth and slide the teeth between the metal plate and the head/gums and tighten the screw. It stays put for a couple dozen games and then the screw falls out and the teeth are next. I thought about using loctite, but didn’t think that was a good idea since it’s too permanent. Any thoughts on how to get the screw to stay put.

#12172 6 years ago

It's too bad that bug still exists that if you increase the music volume in settings, when you drain a ball the music goes out completely. I feel like this game has uneven volume for its songs (sad but true, unforgiven, etc) where they're inherently lower than others. I'm going to try and use pinbrowser to raise the volume of these songs so it's fixed. Wasnt sure if I was the only one who noticed this....

#12173 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ever since I replaced my playfield, and reinstalled my mods, I’ve had trouble with my snake teeth falling out. I loosen the screw in the snakes mouth and slide the teeth between the metal plate and the head/gums and tighten the screw. It stays put for a couple dozen games and then the screw falls out and the teeth are next. I thought about using loctite, but didn’t think that was a good idea since it’s too permanent. Any thoughts on how to get the screw to stay put.

I believe one color of locktite is "less permanent" and will give if you want to remove it.

#12174 6 years ago

blue loctite can be removed without any heat, but it sounds to me like you like the screw isn't getting set properly if it's falling out

#12175 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

blue loctite can be removed without any heat, but it sounds to me like you like the screw isn't getting set properly if it's falling out

Possibly. When I removed the original head (lighted eyes) from the original field, the screw set in the head came out. I had to remove the screw set from the new head (from the replacement field) and mount it in my modded (eyes led head). I glued the mount in the led head, but it may be not optimum. I didn’t know if a tape, like gorilla glue tape, would be better to help the screw and teeth stay in place, or if loctite would be better. A very unique situation.

#12176 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

What was your end score?

Just a bit over 1BIL, was only HS 1 on my machine. GC is 1.4 BIL

#12177 6 years ago

Anybody know offhand what page Aurich’s coin slot inserts are? Or has it saved to share? Maybee we could tag them to the top for quick link?

#12178 6 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Anybody know offhand what page Aurich’s coin slot inserts are? Or has it saved to share? Maybee we could tag them to the top for quick link?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-coin-reject-inserts-for-modern-sterns-10-games
http://www.aurichlawson.com/pinball/Coin-Rejects.pdf

#12179 6 years ago

Wanted: Stern Metallica Pinball Machine, ideally in Minnesota

Pro or Premium, HUO or routed, dog-eared or mint.

I'm happy to consider any/all examples. I would prefer something local enough that I can gather it myself (four hours from Minneapolis, tops), but I will certainly be interested in hearing about more distant pins, too.

Thanks for reading my post!

#12180 6 years ago

Haven’t been checking on MET for awhile. When did the newest code drop? What version are we at? Wondering if I need an update or not. Thanks...

#12181 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Haven’t been checking on MET for awhile. When did the newest code drop? What version are we at? Wondering if I need an update or not. Thanks...

I know I always wonder too about this. Your post made me check and it looks like the last code is still version 1.7 from June 17th, 2016:

http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/MTL17LE_README.TXT

It would be cool to have our machines somehow prompt us with updates if they were “smart” WiFi machines. Sort of like the update prompts on the iPhone except these would be very welcomed.

#12182 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I know I always wonder too about this. Your post made me check and it looks like the last code is still version 1.7 from June 17th, 2016:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/MTL17LE_README.TXT
It would be cool to have our machines somehow prompt us with updates if they were “smart” WiFi machines. Sort of like the update prompts on the iPhone except these would be very welcomed.

Or at the very least stern could allow us to sign up with email and select our game collection and they could email us. Low tech but it would work

#12183 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Would you really want Stern Pinball involved in IT security? I know I wouldn't.

#12184 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Would you really want Stern Pinball involved in IT security? I know I wouldn't.

An email list would be fine with me too.

#12185 6 years ago

Have a pretty basic question, but have not been able to find the answer by searching the forums. Is there a way to prevent the selected song from restarting each time the ball is plunged? In other words, continue the song from where it was when you drained.

#12186 6 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Have a pretty basic question, but have not been able to find the answer by searching the forums. Is there a way to prevent the selected song from restarting each time the ball is plunged? In other words, continue the song from where it was when you drained.

No. If you listen closely the song actually starts at different points during balls 1, 2 and 3 but some of them sound similar.

#12187 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

No. If you listen closely the song actually starts at different points during balls 1, 2 and 3 but some of them sound similar.

Ah interesting, some of the songs sound like they are starting from the beginning, I will have to listen closer. Thanks!

#12188 6 years ago

the music starts a little behind where you drained (maybe 10 seconds or so...)

thank god for pinbrowser btw. I was able to make the softer songs louder (like sad but true) and now it sounds great.

Hate to say it but I snuck in some GnR too. I couldn't help myself but to have Coma and you could be mine was too hard to resist. Sound great too. I know terrible but I had too. Considering the game has a similar layout to the old GnR it works....

#12189 6 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Each song has what you could call a “checkpoint”. If you don’t make it to said checkpoint.....the song starts over. If you make it to a checkpoint or multiple checkpoints it will start from the last one you made it to. Sometimes I find myself cheating and cradling the ball for a few minutes just to make it to a certain part of the song lolol. I suck sometimes lol

#12190 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Each song has what you could call a “checkpoint”. If you don’t make it to said checkpoint.....the song starts over. If you make it to a checkpoint or multiple checkpoints it will start from the last one you made it to. Sometimes I find myself cheating and cradling the ball for a few minutes just to make it to a certain part of the song lolol. I suck sometimes lol

Ah nice! I will definitely try that later tonight. It is really depressing to drain quickly on songs like "One" and have it start the slow build again.

#12191 6 years ago

*** Prices for NIB MET Pro right now? ***

Hi.

I'm searching doggedly for a used MET right now, but I would like to know where the NIB price sits today, in case I have to buy new after all.

To all of you who recently purchased NIB, please tell from whom you bought your pin and what you paid, shipping included.

We read all kinds of things about "set pricing" from Stern ($5.1K for DMD pins, for instance), but then we read about sweet deals that are somehow scored. It's confusing. I know at least that 'net-advertised prices are not "street" prices in the least. I want to know current street prices, naturally.

Thank you!!

#12192 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the music starts a little behind where you drained (maybe 10 seconds or so...)
thank god for pinbrowser btw. I was able to make the softer songs louder (like sad but true) and now it sounds great.
Hate to say it but I snuck in some GnR too. I couldn't help myself but to have Coma and you could be mine was too hard to resist. Sound great too. I know terrible but I had too. Considering the game has a similar layout to the old GnR it works....

If your happy with it who cares, it's your game you can do what you want right. I'm sure it sounds great.

#12193 6 years ago

Hey all,
Has anyone installed colored rubber rings on their Met and if so do you have pics. Trying to decide on some for mine and looking for ideas. Was thinking yellow with maybe some purples or glow in the dark ones

#12194 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey all,
Has anyone installed colored rubber rings on their Met and if so do you have pics. Trying to decide on some for mine and looking for ideas. Was thinking yellow with maybe some purples or glow in the dark ones

Got only orange and purple. Love it

#12195 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Got only orange and purple. Love it
» YouTube video

Looking really good I have to agree! Nice choice of colors and it really makes it pop.

#12196 6 years ago

I like the purple as well but still think the yellow will pop out more. Especially if i ever get my pin stadium lights lol

#12197 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I like the purple as well but still think the yellow will pop out more. Especially if i ever get my pin stadium lights lol

Yellow would look really good!!!

#12198 6 years ago

I have a set of spinners if any Pro owners would like to add them to their game. All wired and ready to install. PM for details.

#12199 6 years ago

Hey guys, what's the setting called in the menus that allows the ball to be saved if you accidently drain? Is it called Ball Save? I can't seem to find it in the menus anywhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/244?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.