C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 434.
#12101 6 years ago

Does your plastic bend down behind the cross? Not much, but enough to make it tough to get down?

#12102 6 years ago
Quoted from davids1024:

Does anyone have a photo that shows how they ran the mezelmods cemetery arch wires to the thru hole in the playfield, the instructions are unclear?

I didn't remove the plastic at all... you can easily feed this through no problem.

#12103 6 years ago

so back in the club but with a pro this time. Is it just me or does the pro play faster than the premium - it's almost too fast! I checked the pitch and even tried reducing coils. Any thoughts b/c I wasn't expecting it to play that much diff!

#12104 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so back in the club but with a pro this time. Is it just me or does the pro play faster than the premium - it's almost too fast! I checked the pitch and even tried reducing coils. Any thoughts b/c I wasn't expecting it to play that much diff!

Practice and enjoy the adrenaline

#12105 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Practice and enjoy the adrenaline

Yeah I forgot how fast this game plays

#12106 6 years ago

Had my best game ever (have had the game a little less than a month). Nearly doubled my previous high score - had the coffin multiball, stacked with snake multiball (not sure what that did from as coring perspective), then had Fuel double-points going during the multiball. Eventually moved from the multiball into Seek and Destroy mode (first time ever!), then after that, hit the scoop for a CIU mode. To top it off, I got a match at the end of the game! (not that it matters on free play, but... still a fitting ending. ).

metscore (resized).jpgmetscore (resized).jpg

#12107 6 years ago

Right on Fezmid! I've had mine a couple of weeks but haven't played much between work and installing mods. Tonight I just hooked up the Pinnovators PinSub kit and HOLY SHIT, what a difference that makes! I highly recommend as it is double the enjoyment now.

#12108 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Right on Fezmid! I've had mine a couple of weeks but haven't played much between work and installing mods. Tonight I just hooked up the Pinnovators PinSub kit and HOLY SHIT, what a difference that makes! I highly recommend as it is double the enjoyment now.

is this the first time you plugged in a sub or first time using the pinsub kit? If the latter is there really a diff b/c the kit and alligator clips to sub?

#12109 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

is this the first time you plugged in a sub or first time using the pinsub kit? If the latter is there really a diff b/c the kit and alligator clips to sub?

Pinsub kit. Its an analog connection to the Sub. It really does make a huge difference. I'm an audiophile though so I may be a bit more hardcore about sound than others.

#12110 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Mine had that mod already installed. I tried connecting the standard Polk to it a couple of weeks ago and got a massive ground loop hum. D'oh. So I bought a Blue Jeans cable isolator. That helped for the most part, but then I wasn't getting any bass from the sub which was weird. So last weekend, I opened up the machine and traced the wires and found the jack was coming off the board. I probably pulled the cable when getting it out of the cabinet I'm guessing. Sucks, but for $41, Pinnovators is sending me a new one, so not the end of the world - and hopefully this was the cause of the ground loop hum too. Everyone raves on how great it is, so I can't wait to try it.

20171126_154237 (resized).jpg20171126_154237 (resized).jpg

#12111 6 years ago

I have a new set of head decals for MET pro - PM if interested.

#12112 6 years ago

Just dropped my new playfield in and put back on my mods. Holy crap, Stern hooked me up. This playfield is beautiful and plays so much better than my original. Dialed in perfect. Was thinking about selling but changed my mind. Keeping for a bit longer.

#12113 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just dropped my new playfield in and put back on my mods. Holy crap, Stern hooked me up. This playfield is beautiful and plays so much better than my original. Dialed in perfect. Was thinking about selling but changed my mind. Keeping for a bit longer.

MET is a keeper! Every time I think of selling mine for something else for a lil change all I have to do is play a couple games and my mind changes pretty quick lol.

#12114 6 years ago

Does anyone still sell the CEMETERY ARCH?

#12115 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does anyone still sell the CEMETERY ARCH?

I just got one. I think it was mezelmods

#12116 6 years ago

Has anyone every compared artwork on the original games, and the newer ones, say 2015? I have an original LE, and the artwork on the playfield is so much clearer than the newer pro. This pro also has issues with the cabinet decals shrinking, but that is a different problem. See pictures attached.

Second pic is the pro, colors washed out pretty bad on the faces.

IMG_2926(1) (resized).JPGIMG_2926(1) (resized).JPG
IMG_0050(1) (resized).JPGIMG_0050(1) (resized).JPG

#12117 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Has anyone every compared artwork on the original games, and the newer ones, say 2015? I have an original LE, and the artwork on the playfield is so much clearer than the newer pro. This pro also has issues with the cabinet decals shrinking, but that is a different problem. See pictures attached.
Second pic is the pro, colors washed out pretty bad on the faces.

My replacement field has heavier blacks than my original. I think this is just variation that is normally gonna happen between when they are using colors from one lot vs. another.

#12118 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

compared artwork on the original games, and the newer ones

If you zoom in on the fuel gauge "1/2" text, the newer one appears slightly rougher, and the cracks in the letters A.L. right above that, have ghost lines. Not really a show stopper, but different. (the quality on my 2013 pro is the same as your LE)

#12119 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Mine had that mod already installed. I tried connecting the standard Polk to it a couple of weeks ago and got a massive ground loop hum. D'oh. So I bought a Blue Jeans cable isolator. That helped for the most part, but then I wasn't getting any bass from the sub which was weird. So last weekend, I opened up the machine and traced the wires and found the jack was coming off the board. I probably pulled the cable when getting it out of the cabinet I'm guessing. Sucks, but for $41, Pinnovators is sending me a new one, so not the end of the world - and hopefully this was the cause of the ground loop hum too. Everyone raves on how great it is, so I can't wait to try it.

Got my replacement today, plugged it in, and.... ROCK AND ROLL! The sub works great. I'm still trying to figure out the exact configuration I like best (volume, crossover, etc), but overall great upgrade!

#12120 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I just got one. I think it was mezelmods

Says sold out.... : (

#12121 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Says sold out.... : (

I jist got mine, i must have gotten the last one! Really ended up liking that mod.

#12122 6 years ago

I think the biggest thing I noticed was the coloring of the 4 band members. The newer one has them all about the same shade, where the original had much more vibrant colors for each one.

#12123 6 years ago

Stupid question....

Today I noticed that there's two red lights - one by the cross in the cemetery, and one by Sparky's feet. I believe those are the opto sensors, but before today, I never noticed the bright red light from them. Is that normal? I suspect it is, but it's weird that I didn't notice it at all over the last month....

met opto (resized).jpgmet opto (resized).jpg

#12124 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Stupid question....
Today I noticed that there's two red lights - one by the cross in the cemetery, and one by Sparky's feet. I believe those are the opto sensors, but before today, I never noticed the bright red light from them. Is that normal? I suspect it is, but it's weird that I didn't notice it at all over the last month....

Completely normal

#12125 6 years ago

Apparently I'm full of stupid questions today...

So I was playing, and one of the LED bulbs came out of one of the spotlights and before I could react, it fell into the drain, and another ball came right behind it. Now both are in the ball trough.... I was hoping I could eject it out manually, but it seems wedged in there and I can't figure out an easy way to get into the trough. I didn't want to start randomly unscrewing things for fear of not being able to put them back in place (I'm still new to pinball and don't want to break my baby....), so any pointers?

#12126 6 years ago

if you've got one of those telescoping magnets, you can try and grab the bulb by one of the 2 exposed wires

otherwise, one of these parts grabbers may work as well
https://www.lowes.com/pd/General-Tools-Instruments-Lighted-Mechanical-Pick-Up/3139045

#12127 6 years ago

You can also try rolling back the last ball and see if you can wiggle the led out a hole

#12128 6 years ago

So here’s my newly installed PinStadium lights on my Pro. I’m still playing around with the colors and brightness but these make a HUGE difference and make playing more enjoyable.

Scott is also a great dude who is top notch when it comes to customer service. He took time out of his Saturday to help me troubleshoot some issues I was having. I’ll be ordering one for my Kiss machine very soon.

B7FC2557-F58A-463F-84E8-3B8C6C93B06B (resized).jpegB7FC2557-F58A-463F-84E8-3B8C6C93B06B (resized).jpeg

METONE (resized).jpgMETONE (resized).jpg

#12129 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

So here’s my newly installed PinStadium lights on my Pro. I’m still playing around with the colors and brightness but these make a HUGE difference and make playing more enjoyable.
Scott is also a great dude who is top notch when it comes to customer service. He took time out of his Saturday to help me troubleshoot some issues I was having. I’ll be ordering one for my Kiss machine very soon.

Looks good! I love seeing how others have customized their Met.

#12130 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You can also try rolling back the last ball and see if you can wiggle the led out a hole

Yup, take off the glass, and then look in the coin door and use a jewelers driver in the slot on the side of the through to push the last ball back where you can grab it out of the 'drain', then push the bulb back where you can grab it.

Next, secure those bulbs in the spots or it will happen again. I like to wrap electric tape in a U around the base of the LED with a cutout for the contact legs to poke out and re bend around outside of the tape. It will be hard to push the bulb in, but it wont come out soon.

#12131 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

I noticed you have the lighting strips installed wrong. The light strips are supposed to follow under the glass channel the whole length of the playfield. Your strips are installed WAY too low and you're not getting the full effect at all. Took me a minute to see why you game didn't look nice and bright - I thought you had posted two "before" photos".

#12132 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I noticed you have the lighting strips installed wrong. The light strips are supposed to follow under the glass channel the whole length of the playfield. Your strips are installed WAY too low and you're not getting the full effect at all. Took me a minute to see why you game didn't look nice and bright - I thought you had posted two "before" photos".

Yes you are right about that I was wondering the same as it didn’t look exceptionally different like it did on mine. I put up a before and after below on my MET Premium. I will message him on this and help him out. Thank for the heads up !!!

4949CBC0-22BE-4577-BE57-232C9CE6FCE7 (resized).jpeg4949CBC0-22BE-4577-BE57-232C9CE6FCE7 (resized).jpeg

4885FCFF-B418-4FE0-BF84-4FD12426CB89 (resized).jpeg4885FCFF-B418-4FE0-BF84-4FD12426CB89 (resized).jpeg

#12133 6 years ago

Here is a picture of where to mount them.

D466EB86-4E91-4453-9107-01D4A1B87649 (resized).jpegD466EB86-4E91-4453-9107-01D4A1B87649 (resized).jpeg

#12134 6 years ago

Are there any instructions for replacing the block with the PBL captive ball in a Met Premium? Did a search through this thread but didn't see any instructions. Thanks in advance!

#12135 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Are there any instructions for replacing the block with the PBL captive ball in a Met Premium? Did a search through this thread but didn't see any instructions. Thanks in advance!

I don't recommend it as you *may* see airballs happen from the captive ball. I put the block back on my game because of this. Others say they don't get airballs, but this was my experience. Yes, the magnet was flush with the playfield too.

Rob

#12136 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't recommend it as you *may* see airballs happen from the captive ball. I put the block back on my game because of this. Others say they don't get airballs, but this was my experience. Yes, the magnet was flush with the playfield too.
Rob

I replaced my block with captive ball day 1 and have never had an airball issue. It helps, because sometimes you can bank a shot off the ball into the snakes mouth. It is really straight forward, just take the block out by removing nuts under the playfield, and replace it with the captive ball assembly

#12137 6 years ago

How do you get airballs from striking a captive ball? I have a Pro and don't have any airballs, is something different on the Premium after doing the mod?

#12138 6 years ago

I imagine the "block" will give you more straight back bounces that would be easier for the magnet to catch rather than deflections that wouldn't be caught by the captive ball.

#12139 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Apparently I'm full of stupid questions today...
So I was playing, and one of the LED bulbs came out of one of the spotlights and before I could react, it fell into the drain, and another ball came right behind it. Now both are in the ball trough.... I was hoping I could eject it out manually, but it seems wedged in there and I can't figure out an easy way to get into the trough. I didn't want to start randomly unscrewing things for fear of not being able to put them back in place (I'm still new to pinball and don't want to break my baby....), so any pointers?

Agree with others suggestions. But if you cant get it the you need to take the apron off (two screws under the score cards. Then you can see the top side of the trough. On my game there are 2 or 3 screws near trough exit holding the top down. And a hinge bolt at the far back of the trough. The top of the trough should rotate up on that pivot so you can see the balls and the led in there.

Hope that helps

#12140 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

How do you get airballs from striking a captive ball? I have a Pro and don't have any airballs, is something different on the Premium after doing the mod?

The only way to get an airball off the captive is to strike it above the equator. Some installations of captives into the premium, without using the assembly, may not place a washer under the ball to raise it a bit. Once that is screwed in it will be pulled down a little bit and hits will strike it above center. Airball central.

#12141 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I replaced my block with captive ball day 1 and have never had an airball issue. It helps, because sometimes you can bank a shot off the ball into the snakes mouth. It is really straight forward, just take the block out by removing nuts under the playfield, and replace it with the captive ball assembly

Quoted from TimeBandit:

The only way to get an airball off the captive is to strike it above the equator. Some installations of captives into the premium, without using the assembly, may not place a washer under the ball to raise it a bit. Once that is screwed in it will be pulled down a little bit and hits will strike it above center. Airball central.

I had the right spacer plate and everything on my Premium. What I think was happening was the ball was getting a little air as it travelled over the magnet core. I re-leveled the core, but never bothered to put the newton ball back in. The block doesn't bother me at all.

Oh, the playfield was also warped which may have contributed. It was replaced by Stern.

Rob

#12142 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone for suggestions on how to get the LED out of the ball trough. I ended up using the jeweler's screwdriver to push the ball to the drain hole and managed to get that out. I tried doing the same with the LED bulb, but it was stuck from that angle, so I lifted the playfield 90 degrees and it fell out (and somehow landed on the floor - not sure how...). Put everything back together and was back in business!

I might have to try out the idea of wrapping tape around the bulb to keep it in the socket, as this is the second time a bulb has come out in the last month.

#12143 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Thanks to everyone for suggestions on how to get the LED out of the ball trough. I ended up using the jeweler's screwdriver to push the ball to the drain hole and managed to get that out. I tried doing the same with the LED bulb, but it was stuck from that angle, so I lifted the playfield 90 degrees and it fell out (and somehow landed on the floor - not sure how...). Put everything back together and was back in business!
I might have to try out the idea of wrapping tape around the bulb to keep it in the socket, as this is the second time a bulb has come out in the last month.

A dab of hot glue at the base of the bulb where it meets the socket will hold it in place too.

#12144 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

A dab of hot glue at the base of the bulb where it meets the socket will hold it in place too.

Put my first plays on a NIB Premium last night, and one of those bulbs came out after about 15 games. I remembered this post as it was rolling toward the trough! Caught it in time.

To fix, I put a small RING of hot glue around the base, instead of a dab. Too much, you think?

#12145 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Put my first plays on a NIB Premium last night, and one of those bulbs came out after about 15 games. I remembered this post as it was rolling toward the trough! Caught it in time.
To fix, I put a small RING of hot glue around the base, instead of a dab. Too much, you think?

I don’t think that will hurt. I think hot glue is pretty inert with electronics...I’ve seen it on connectors, boards, etc.

#12146 6 years ago

Hey all-

I recently picked up a NIB Metallica Pro and while the game is great, I am having an issue. About 10% of the time when the snake ejects the ball I get an air ball. These are bad enough that it will hit the glass. Are there any adjustments that can be made to resolve this? Through the setting I was able to reduce the power of that coil, but it doesn't seem to help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#12147 6 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Hey all-
I recently picked up a NIB Metallica Pro and while the game is great, I am having an issue. About 10% of the time when the snake ejects the ball I get an air ball. These are bad enough that it will hit the glass. Are there any adjustments that can be made to resolve this? Through the setting I was able to reduce the power of that coil, but it doesn't seem to help.

Sounds like something is loose. I would lift the playfield and check for any missing fasteners or if anything not tight.

#12148 6 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Hey all-

check for correct alignment of the popper/coil underneath - mine was a little off and caused the ball to come out spinning randomly.

I used this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3527474

#12149 6 years ago

Thanks a lot for the quick feedback. I will give the suggestions a shot tonight and let you know how it goes.

#12150 6 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Thanks a lot for the quick feedback. I will give the suggestions a shot tonight and let you know how it goes.

You can start by checking these arrows in red and then go from there. It sounds like a nut may have fallen off over time and it's sitting crooked possibly.

0adcf39ec781f29acfe5f0980ba (resized).png0adcf39ec781f29acfe5f0980ba (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/243 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.