C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 434.
#12001 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Without a picture, is this an extended one, or just a replacement for the factory stock one(same size). I bought mine from a pinsider, and it's been great, but cracked finally.

This is the one, found a pic someone posted on pinside of it.

f8ec137162d2c7c8d78a5e4600b4ec8f26380462 (resized).jpgf8ec137162d2c7c8d78a5e4600b4ec8f26380462 (resized).jpg

#12002 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Anyone know who sells the extended sparky plastic? Mine broke.

If you can find one without the spider web in it, I would get that one. I had a yellow spider web one, and it eventually cracked along on of the webs. I now have a green one with the web design, but wish I would've gone with one without the design. I suspect the web design makes weak spots in the plastic and thus more prone to crack with enough ball deflections.

You can find them here.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_74&products_id=630&zenid=e5a82d5f62c8ac1293ac3f2c5fa8b4b7

#12003 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Anyone know who sells the extended sparky plastic? Mine broke.

I need one as well and sent rickwh a message about it. He said he has a growing list and my fire up a new batch. Send him a pm and maybe you'll be the one that starts production for us all who need one.

#12004 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

I need one as well and sent rickwh a message about it. He said he has a growing list and my fire up a new batch. Send him a pm and maybe you'll be the one that starts production for us all who need one.

Yep, I think that's the guy I bought mine from a couple years ago. Sending pm. Thanks guys

#12005 6 years ago

you get get the pinbits.com ones without the webbing. just put that in the notes section of your order

#12006 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Oh right, that's where I got my clear protectors from. I bought two and so far haven't needed it. Much more durable than the webbing ones, plus I think clear it much better than the green there in front of sparky.

#12007 6 years ago

I recently took my custom sparky off to replace my playfield. His feet are pretty beat up, but the most concerning part is there is a crack in one of them that will soon cause a chunk to fall off. I can reinforce this with resin/epoxy, but I was wondering if anyone has ideas on protecting the feet. I don't want to get 3 years down the road and have a footless sparky.

#12008 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I recently took my custom sparky off to replace my playfield...

What about gluing some thin rubber to each toe? I just got my machine in the last two weeks but plan to remove the sparkster and give him a proper paint job of some sort. I was thinking of doing this myself after seeing some of the pictures of beat up feet in this thread.

#12009 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

What about gluing some thin rubber to each toe? I just got my machine in the last two weeks but plan to remove the sparkster and give him a proper paint job of some sort. I was thinking of doing this myself after seeing some of the pictures of beat up feet in this thread.

I thought about that, and think I'll try it, unless some out there has more success with something else.

#12010 6 years ago

I have a small batch of plastics partially done. Will be out of town over thanksgiving but should have some avail in next few weeks.

Rick

#12011 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I recently took my custom sparky off to replace my playfield. His feet are pretty beat up, but the most concerning part is there is a crack in one of them that will soon cause a chunk to fall off. I can reinforce this with resin/epoxy, but I was wondering if anyone has ideas on protecting the feet. I don't want to get 3 years down the road and have a footless sparky.

After I painted Sparky I spray a couple layers of this clear coat over him. I don't know how strong it is or how long it will last, but I have had it on Sparky for over a year and no chipping or cracking yet!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Testors-Spray-Paint-Dullcote-Clear-3-oz/22056097

#12012 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

After I painted Sparky I spray a couple layers of this clear coat over him. I don't know how strong it is or how long it will last, but I have had it on Sparky for over a year and no chipping or cracking yet!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Testors-Spray-Paint-Dullcote-Clear-3-oz/22056097

Thanks for the info! My custom sparky has clear on it, but not sure what. My wife (who does artsy things and paints), is gonna paint the original sparky that came with the new playfield and was asking me what clear to use...Thanks!

#12013 6 years ago

Has anyone purchased the backalleycreations custom pinballs for their game? Just curious if these are only used for the captive ball or if anyone has actually used them for regular game play as well. http://www.backalleycreations.com/metallica%20mods.html
They look super cool. Thanks in advance.

#12014 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Has anyone purchased the backalleycreations custom pinballs for their game? Just curious if these are only used for the captive ball or if anyone has actually used them for regular game play as well. http://www.backalleycreations.com/metallica%20mods.html

They look cool, but 2 concerns. 1) they are grade 25...not sure, but I don't think these are good with magnets. 2) With how much black there is, I wonder if it would be hard to see the ball at times as it zooms around the playfield.

#12015 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Without a picture, is this an extended one, or just a replacement for the factory stock one(same size). I bought mine from a pinsider, and it's been great, but cracked finally.

That is the extended one.

#12016 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks for the info! My custom sparky has clear on it, but not sure what. My wife (who does artsy things and paints), is gonna paint the original sparky that came with the new playfield and was asking me what clear to use...Thanks!

No prob, let me know if you have any other questions when painting Sparks, me and my wife had a lot of fun painting him!

#12017 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

I've never purchased them myself, but I've played games with them installed many times. They do look cool, but I find it much more difficult to track the ball.

#12018 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

I have a black pearl ball as my captured ball. I think that it looks pretty nice
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/150#post-3231175

#12019 6 years ago

Im loving this color

20171117_170813 (resized).jpg20171117_170813 (resized).jpg

20171117_170935 (resized).jpg20171117_170935 (resized).jpg

20171117_170932 (resized).jpg20171117_170932 (resized).jpg

20171117_170939 (resized).jpg20171117_170939 (resized).jpg

20171117_170831 (resized).jpg20171117_170831 (resized).jpg

20171117_170826 (resized).jpg20171117_170826 (resized).jpg

#12020 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

No prob, let me know if you have any other questions when painting Sparks, me and my wife had a lot of fun painting him!

I'm not the artist, but my wife has some questions. 1) Did you prime him first...or do any prep (lightly sand him). 2) What paints are best. She usually is into spray paints. She assumes some sort of artist paint, but what did you use. 3) will small artist brushes be ok for the finer detailes? We don't have an airbrush. 4). If we want to do any sculpting, do you know what works best.

Thanks for all your help. Really fun to look through all the custom Sparky's and get ideas. I like the one I had someone do for me, but look forward to doing ourselves.

#12021 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Im loving this color

that is a SICK color. I just need the damn pinball machine!

#12022 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I'm not the artist, but my wife has some questions. 1) Did you prime him first...or do any prep (lightly sand him). 2) What paints are best. She usually is into spray paints. She assumes some sort of artist paint, but what did you use. 3) will small artist brushes be ok for the finer detailes? We don't have an airbrush. 4). If we want to do any sculpting, do you know what works best.
Thanks for all your help. Really fun to look through all the custom Sparky's and get ideas. I like the one I had someone do for me, but look forward to doing ourselves.

I dabble in painting miniatures so I have a lot of supplies for painting already. This is what I did:
1) Yep, I removed him and primed him with white, I did not sand him I just washed him with a soap and water before priming with this https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Corax-White-Spray-Global
2) I used mainly Citadel paints, but they are pricey, I think you could get away with what you already have.
3)That's what I used
4)Can't help you with that, I haven't worked with sculpting medium; yet.

Good Luck!

#12023 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I dabble in painting miniatures so I have a lot of supplies for painting already. This is what I did:
1) Yep, I removed him and primed him with white, I did not sand him I just washed him with a soap and water before priming with this https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Corax-White-Spray-Global
2) I used mainly Citadel paints, but they are pricey, I think you could get away with what you already have.
3)That's what I used
4)Can't help you with that, I haven't worked with sculpting medium; yet.
Good Luck!

Thanks. Appreciate the info! Will have fun customizing Sparky.

#12024 6 years ago

Getting there. I have most mods on and leds changed, but need to hook up the lighted mods (solder...I suck at it). spinny-vinny made me my latest mod. I think the snake skeleton along the right ramp is awesome!

43331B2C-F327-483B-B1BC-4FC5C65D1666 (resized).jpeg43331B2C-F327-483B-B1BC-4FC5C65D1666 (resized).jpeg

#12025 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Getting there. I have most mods on and leds changed, but need to hook up the lighted mods (solder...I suck at it). spinny-vinny made me my latest mod. I think the snake skeleton along the right ramp is awesome!

Hey you should change your rule cards out to something a little nicer. Just do a quick search and you should find something nice.

#12026 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey you should change your rule cards out to something a little nicer. Just do a quick search and you should find something nice.

Yup. On my list for today. I have a link to some I'll print out on photo paper.

#12027 6 years ago

I've fallen back in love with this game. While debating on selling it, I started playing it every night. I've learned so much more about the finite rules, it's become a better challenge. Seriously, this game is amazing even after a few years of owning it. Thinking about a color dmd now. Just added a sub last week, and wow what a difference. Love Metallica.

#12028 6 years ago

Good points on the custom pinballs fellas. I think a capture ball would be the best fit.

#12029 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I've fallen back in love with this game. While debating on selling it, I started playing it every night. I've learned so much more about the finite rules, it's become a better challenge. Seriously, this game is amazing even after all these years. Thinking about a color dmd now. Just added a sub last week, and wow what a difference. Love Metallica.

All these years??

#12030 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

All these years??

Ok, last few years if that's better. Point is it was my first newer purchase, and after years of playing the same wood chopping way, I've discovered new things about it to freshen it up a ton.

#12031 6 years ago

I think you are allowed to say "after all these years". Sheesh, am I allowed to say sheesh, please say I am allowed to say sheesh, after all these years!

#12032 6 years ago

I used the green ones for the captive ball.

IMG_0905 (resized).JPGIMG_0905 (resized).JPG

#12033 6 years ago

Anyone on the fence about getting speaker lights for their MET. Doug at Speaker Light Kits is the only way to go! Just absolutely completes the pin.

MET-speakerLights (resized).jpgMET-speakerLights (resized).jpg

#12034 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Anyone on the fence about getting speaker lights for their MET. Doug at Speaker Light Kits is the only way to go! Just absolutely completes the pin.

I have Doug's lights on every game they fit on

IMG_20160518_204705031 (resized).jpgIMG_20160518_204705031 (resized).jpg

#12035 6 years ago

custom sculpted snake & sparky

MET-snakesparky1 (resized).jpgMET-snakesparky1 (resized).jpg

#12036 6 years ago

Ok, I'm getting lots put back on the new playfield. I got the lighted snake eyes and the graveyard lighted arch hooked up. I cheated. I have this basic 20 watt soldering iron...and it sucks. So I resorted to putting alligator clips on the wires. I have a shaker and am worried about trouble with the clips falling off. Any recommends on a good soldering iron? I have a nasty intention tremor (I look steady until the last second when I'm holding something long and doing fine work). This doesn't mesh well with a hot iron and tight spaces. Shortest iron possible, or a good alternative...any ideas?

#12037 6 years ago

Any of these should help with the shakes!

uk-shop_whiskeys-767 (resized).pnguk-shop_whiskeys-767 (resized).png

#12038 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

As for the real question: I've noticed that when I shoot the far left orbit, the ball flies up and then falls back down. If I don't hit it hard, it sometimes falls into the pops instead, but that's relatively rare. Is that normal behavior? It's kind of weird to me why the left orbit doesn't really do anything (unless going for combos, in which case it flies all the way around).

I have always wondered about this also. What is the point of the far left lane blinking if when you shoot for it the plunger that is there is raised and the ball hits it, then falls right back down?? The only time that it goes down is during a skill shot or a ball search. Speaking of, sometimes when I mistakenly shoot that far left lane the ball rests against that plunger and sits there. Then I have to wait for the machine to do a ball search and the plunger lowers finally releasing the ball. Very annoying.

#12039 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

The only time that it goes down is during a skill shot or a ball search.

That's not normal. Not sure what is going on with yours. (possibly a setting? Something reversed?)

Normally it is always down, and it momentary pops up when the ball goes around the left or right orbit, hitting the orbit switch. (during a ball plunge, it is down until it hits the right orbit switch and if you hold in the left flipper button, it should stay down, allowing the ball to go all the way around.) When you hit enough ramps to spell Metallica, then Lady Justice timed mode starts and it then does not pop up, so you can go all the way around the orbit in either direction.

#12040 6 years ago

I recently installed a playfield protector on my Metallica Pro.

Now I have to adjust the height for both the drop targets as the diverter post (I will replace the plastic with an iron one). For the latter I found this useful link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diverter-post-replacement-for-metallica-and-others

Can some one tell me how to adjust the drop target height.

Thanks for the info.

#12041 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I recently installed a playfield protector on my Metallica Pro.
Now I have to adjust the height for both the drop targets as the diverter post (I will replace the plastic with an iron one). For the latter I found this useful link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diverter-post-replacement-for-metallica-and-others
Can some one tell me how to adjust the drop target height.
Thanks for the info.

Drop targets traditionally have a set screw at the bottom of the mech that adjusts for height. Just screw it in or out to adjust.

#12042 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Drop targets traditionally have a set screw at the bottom of the mech that adjusts for height. Just screw it in or out to adjust.

Thx.

#12043 6 years ago

Who sells the mantis protector for the mystery hole and is it better than the cliffy protector?

#12044 6 years ago

The blinking (spider arrows) just shows you what group of inserts is active (electricity, cross, snake). You have to hit each of these shots while that spider arrow is blinking. Then hit the fully activated group to get the hurry-up and finally hit the ball lock to complete. Repeat the process until all spider arrow groups are lit and you start seek and destroy.

#12045 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Who sells the mantis protector for the mystery hole and is it better than the cliffy protector?

Pretty obvious that Mantis sells their mantis protectors.

mantispinball.com

#12046 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

mantispinball.com as stated above. better? that's subjective to personal opinion. I put both the mantis and cliffy in the mystery scoop on my machine on day-one

#12047 6 years ago

I was wondering if there is a magnet strength adjustment for the coffin lock on the premium. Ive been having issues lately with it inconsistently grabbing the ball for locks.

#12048 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I was wondering if there is a magnet strength adjustment for the coffin lock on the premium. Ive been having issues lately with it inconsistently grabbing the ball for locks.

that's a good question. I never understood why the ball is held fast by both the sparky and graveyard magnets, but "wobbles" all around when it's captured by the hammer/coffin lock magnet (and sometimes gets "captured" on the playfield area just above the hammer lock for the physical ball lock.

maybe this could have been corrected by having that outer ring made from something non-magnetic but with a tensile strength similar to the magnet core

#12049 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

maybe this could have been corrected by having that outer ring made from something non-magnetic but with a tensile strength similar to the magnet core

a beryllium-copper alloy would do this, the only downside is that beryllium dust is toxic.

#12050 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

a beryllium-copper alloy would do this, the only downside is that beryllium dust is toxic.

plus, grabbing one of the spheres would be a b*tch with all of those goblin miners guarding them
galaxy quest (resized).jpggalaxy quest (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
7,600 (OBO)
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/241?hl=maclean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.