C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 434.
#11901 6 years ago

Same pf, but all black, white and red.
Somebody needs to do this.
Kill em All VE is very necessary.

#11902 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Figured out problem. POMC, whom made the Dropbox for me, has pro, I have premium. Is there any way to fix this? I guess now would be an excellent time to throw $20 at the Pinball Browser dude. Been meaning to but never changed any songs, until now.

Thats why I didnt pursue his upgrade. Wasnt sure how it would react with LE.. Let me know if it works out though.

#11903 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

New cabinet, new tunes.
KILL EM ALL.

I wish, my LE would be up for sale in a second.

#11904 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's Christopher Cross douchebag. Air Supply on ACDC. So ride like the wind on outta my bidness.

Christopher Cross was my Neighbor growing up, no kidding .
Ride like the Wind
The afternoon I met Michael McDonald over the back wall was pretty cool .

#11905 6 years ago

You guys think it's worth upgrading from a tricked out pro to a premium on this game? Thinking of selling my pro for something different, but then started thinking about the monster edition instead. Just curious if it's worth the extra money.

#11906 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

You guys think it's worth upgrading from a tricked out pro to a premium on this game? Thinking of selling my pro for something different, but then started thinking about the monster edition instead. Just curious if it's worth the extra money.

I went the other way. Sold my LE and got the pro a couple of years ago. I don't miss the LE/prem features in the slightest, and I got an extra $2k out of it.

#11907 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I went the other way. Sold my LE and got the pro a couple of years ago. I don't miss the LE/prem features in the slightest, and I got an extra $2k out of it.

The Premium is by far the best MET experience. Strip the mods off your Pro & put 'em on your new Premium! Let the party begin.

#11908 6 years ago

$2000 extra for a rising cross and a coffin ball lock feature (deadly mods available for that tho) seems a bit high. You could buy an F-14 tomcat with that money! I say stick with the pro & spend the money on a nice playing SS.

#11909 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

$2000 extra for a rising cross and a coffin ball lock feature (deadly mods available for that tho) seems a bit high. You could buy an F-14 tomcat with that money! I say stick with the pro & spend the money on a nice playing SS.

Yeah, I think you're right. The pro really is pretty good. I like keeping my money to. Temporary brain lapse.

#11910 6 years ago

The rising cross is kind of dumb, especially since it's hard to get the graveyard multiball, so you don't see it that often. However the moving snake jaw, the hammer, and the multicolor LEDs for inserts and GI is actually pretty awesome. The hammer effect is cool watching the ball get put under the playfield. The spinners are kinda neat too, but don't seem to add that much (at least not in any modes I've been able to get to).

One of the reasons I was thinking about not getting the Premium is because of concerns about the hammer. I've played about 100 games and haven't had any hammer issues in that time, so if that's a concern, ignore it.

Is it worth the upgrade? For a machine that I'm never getting rid of, definitely. If you're going to sell it in a year, maybe not, especially since the OP already has a lot of the mods.

#11911 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So had league at my house and my new met pf will not register ball drains. If you mess with the trough switches it finally goes but never when a ball drains.
I put it in switch test and all the switches seem to work just fine....

I think I found it. THe fuel roll over switch was to tight so it was always closed. Thus the pf thought a ball was always in play. I tweaked it last night and will test today!

#11912 6 years ago

Metallica Premium Mystery Scoop dead ... and a mystery on how to fix. My Mystery scoop as it does not kick out all all, and not during ball search. I tried looking for the Mystery scoop on the solenoid test mode to get it to fire and could not find it - so I ran all the solenoid tests and it never fired.

I checked for broken wires ... maybe I missed something in the picture?

Suggestions on how to find and fix this mystery very much appreciated!

ron

IMG_0081 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPG

#11913 6 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

Metallica Premium Mystery Scoop dead ... and a mystery on how to fix. My Mystery scoop as it does not kick out all all, and not during ball search. I tried looking for the Mystery scoop on the solenoid test mode to get it to fire and could not find it - so I ran all the solenoid tests and it never fired.
I checked for broken wires ... maybe I missed something in the picture?
Suggestions on how to find and fix this mystery very much appreciated!
ron

Check the fuses. Oh, and I think the mystery scoop coil is "right eject". See if that's in the menu.

#11914 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Agreed. I'd save that extra money for a Color DMD swap. That's what I did with my pro and couldn't be happier or really have a need for anything more. Oh and Polk sub I forgot....gotta have the Polk

#11915 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Agreed. I'd save that extra money for a Color DMD swap. That's what I did with my pro and couldn't be happier or really have a need for anything more. Oh and Polk sub I forgot....gotta have the Polk

Thinking I'm going to do this. Keep it, add color dmd, and sub. I was considering selling it, but Everytime I do, I get cold feet. I probably play it the most of all my games honestly. Does get repetitive, but I still go back.

#11916 6 years ago

Agreed. The game is extremely addictive and fun. I try to play it at least once a day. Also since my scores get higher with almost every play it keeps me wanting to come back for more and more. Not many games out there have forced me to push myself further like this one has

#11917 6 years ago

Was looking at selling mine towards a SW premium. Just can't decide, and Metallica is all the guests favorite. How do you all play it to keep it fresh? I find myself always playing it a couple ways, but yet it's got a lot of adrenaline to make it exciting.

#11918 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Was looking at selling mine towards a SW premium. Just can't decide, and Metallica is all the guests favorite. How do you all play it to keep it fresh? I find myself always playing it a couple ways, but yet it's got a lot of adrenaline to make it exciting.

I always aim to try to get as many points out of CIU modes as possible, as opposed to doing the bare minimum to chop away to reach the Wizard mode. The sound effect and score payout for really blowing up a mode is incredibly satisfying. Set 200M on For Whom a The Bell Tolls earlier. Also had Blackened and Seek and Destroy running. It was a rush.

Alternatively - don’t play MET for a few weeks or longer (play your other pins) then revisit it. When you do, did you miss playing it/does it feel fresh again?

MET is a game that a bunch of my friends have had for years and insist is going nowhere. A few have sold it and bought it back. I wouldn’t let it go unless you are absolutely over it.

#11919 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I always aim to try to get as many points out of CIU modes as possible, as opposed to doing the bare minimum to chop away to reach the Wizard mode. The sound effect and score payout for really blowing up a mode is incredibly satisfying. Set 200M on For Whom a The Bell Tolls earlier. Also had Blackened and Seek and Destroy running. It was a rush.
Alternatively - don’t play MET for a few weeks or longer (play your other pins) then revisit it. When you do, did you miss playing it/does it feel fresh again?
MET is a game that a bunch of my friends have had for years and insist is going nowhere. A few have sold it and bought it back. I wouldn’t let it go unless you are absolutely over it.

Good ideas here. I've been hooked on it again lately once I started talking about selling it. It's easily my guests overall favorite pin. It's a massive adrenaline rush. I prefer mode based games, but this game just offers a quick rush somehow.

#11920 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

How do you all play it to keep it fresh?

I lowered the number of shots needed to start the CIU modes. I was getting extremely frustrated and bored with the game on stock settings because I could rarely start a CIU mode. Now I get one started at least once every two games. I love playing those modes and it makes the pin more fun for me and my son. It also gives the pin a less "chopping wood" feeling to it.

#11921 6 years ago

I just recently installed the cliffy protector in the mystery hole of my pro and now it seems to reject shots to it. It has to be a very direct shot and it will go in, but it seems harder, it seems like it gets rejected more than it should. Anybody else experience this effect?

#11922 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I just recently installed the cliffy protector in the mystery hole of my pro and now it seems to reject shots to it. It has to be a very direct shot and it will go in, but it seems harder, it seems like it gets rejected more than it should. Anybody else experience this effect?

I installed a cliffy on the mystery hole of my pro, after about a year of play, and it seems no different. No weird rejects.

#11923 6 years ago

I have the same experience as dnapac. No problems.

#11924 6 years ago

I sometimes do get rejected from the mystery scope when I think it's a direct shot, but I installed the protector day one so I have nothing to compare it too.

#11925 6 years ago

I love to hate this machine, especially when it goes into a ball search while I am playing a Crank it Up mode!? Faaaakk!!

#11926 6 years ago

My replacement field comes tomorrow!! Then the fun of putting it in and re-installing all my mods. Can't wait to play my Met pro again!!

#11927 6 years ago

Really enjoying the pin2dmd display on my Met Pro!

met17 (resized).JPGmet17 (resized).JPG

met21 (resized).JPGmet21 (resized).JPG

#11928 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I lowered the number of shots needed to start the CIU modes. I was getting extremely frustrated and bored with the game on stock settings because I could rarely start a CIU mode. Now I get one started at least once every two games. I love playing those modes and it makes the pin more fun for me and my son. It also gives the pin a less "chopping wood" feeling to it.

Key to getting to CIU is to get some shots locked in with the inserts lit.. and that really helps with progress. I like trying to get the cross locked in early so hitting crosses stops changing which shot is currently lit for qualifying.

#11929 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Key to getting to CIU is to get some shots locked in with the inserts lit.. and that really helps with progress. I like trying to get the cross locked in early so hitting crosses stops changing which shot is currently lit for qualifying.

If I am going specifically for CIU, I always try to lock in both ramps early. Then, you just start nailing as many of those combos as you can. This will also give you the added benefit of "And Justice For All", which can be worth a lot of points on its own.

#11930 6 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Really enjoying the pin2dmd display on my Met Pro!

Really cool. I looked this up and am a little apprehensive. Afraid I'll order the wrong parts. How much did it cost you, and how difficult was installation?

#11931 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My replacement field comes tomorrow!! Then the fun of putting it in and re-installing all my mods. Can't wait to play my Met pro again!!

Let us know what you think!

SO my ball trough is acting up again. Fixed the fuel roll over but last night at league it seemed like one of the trough switches wouldnt register drains. I will have to monkey with them.... ANnoying. Also the PF had saw dust allllll over it. But again, the clear looks so much better.

I also noticed they changed their trough eject scoop! So I've had most my older sterns welded as they crack/break at a weld spot. So now the top of the scoop comes down the sides some and is welded there. I assume it is to help fix the welds breaking.

#11932 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I did exactly this. I removed all my mods, sold my pro, and bought a HUO premium then put the mods back on. I absolutely love the hammer followed by the light show and snake jaw then cross in my order of enjoyment for the prem. Don't regret it in the least.

#11933 6 years ago

Hay MET.heads!! Metalica playing ATT park in SF.CA Tonight!! Tickets still available! benefit Concert for wildfire victims here in NorCal!!!

#11934 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Really cool. I looked this up and am a little apprehensive. Afraid I'll order the wrong parts. How much did it cost you, and how difficult was installation?

Definitely for the DIY crowd - installation is a bit cumbersome but not horrible. Got the whole thing built for under $150...

#11935 6 years ago

Surprised I still have this apron with customer gi and flasher that works great hooked to sparky. $225 shipped, pm me if you want.

499358DB-6CB7-4967-911B-BCDC8BE1DAD3 (resized).png499358DB-6CB7-4967-911B-BCDC8BE1DAD3 (resized).png
8C45303E-C474-45CD-B962-F20818CDD92E (resized).png8C45303E-C474-45CD-B962-F20818CDD92E (resized).png
40A12136-72D9-4A71-9D3D-019D8234E654 (resized).png40A12136-72D9-4A71-9D3D-019D8234E654 (resized).png

#11936 6 years ago

Got the new playfield! Thanks Pat and Stern! Now to hook it up. I’ll post more pics. So far the playfield looks awesome!

535D77B5-62CE-4C4E-98F0-7B2CFA775862 (resized).jpeg535D77B5-62CE-4C4E-98F0-7B2CFA775862 (resized).jpeg

8A959675-076E-44E2-A4E1-B3DBCB43390C (resized).jpeg8A959675-076E-44E2-A4E1-B3DBCB43390C (resized).jpeg

02A3BF70-168A-4F08-B8BB-2094366F3D09 (resized).jpeg02A3BF70-168A-4F08-B8BB-2094366F3D09 (resized).jpeg

A30F9239-73C8-4719-84AB-CD1FD0F2DE10 (resized).jpegA30F9239-73C8-4719-84AB-CD1FD0F2DE10 (resized).jpeg

0D421BF3-261B-4D54-A69A-8757E3562931 (resized).jpeg0D421BF3-261B-4D54-A69A-8757E3562931 (resized).jpeg

#11937 6 years ago

My Monsters was used in the 64 person Fountain Square Classic A bracket finals. I was honored they picked it. No hammer issues FINGERS CROSSED WORKS

#11938 6 years ago

Sooooo not to be a party pooper (I’m super excited you got your play field) BUT......where is the second Newton ball?!

A5B20508-E1BD-48AC-BDE8-FA4B44EA6D5A (resized).pngA5B20508-E1BD-48AC-BDE8-FA4B44EA6D5A (resized).png

#11939 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Sooooo not to be a party pooper (I’m super excited you got your play field) BUT......where is the second Newton ball?!

No worries. It fell out when it was shipped. Was in the box. Luckily it didn't bounce around and damage anything. When I packed my old playfield the same ball fell out. The plastic above it is super bendy and when I tilted the playfield it just fell out. One of many things I have to put back.

#11940 6 years ago

lol! Well, at least it's easily remedied.

#11941 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

No worries. It fell out when it was shipped. Was in the box. Luckily it didn't bounce around and damage anything. When I packed my old playfield the same ball fell out. The plastic above it is super bendy and when I tilted the playfield it just fell out. One of many things I have to put back.

Phew!! Lol good to hear! Wouldn’t have been a deal breaker anyway just drop a ball in lol. I thought we were onto another Stern QC issue lol. Good luck putting her back together. Happy for ya!

#11942 6 years ago

Ordered my first sub for a pinball machine today. Got the polk 10" specifically for Metallica. I assume alligator clips on to existing sub in cabinet is all I hook on to

#11943 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Ordered my first sub for a pinball machine today. Got the polk 10" specifically for Metallica. I assume alligator clips on to existing sub in cabinet is all I hook on to

Yep, there are other options but that's how I roll.

#11944 6 years ago

Sometimes i tuck my knees to my chest and lean forward...but that's how i roll

#11945 6 years ago

I've had this game for almost two weeks, and man is it tough! I have one story and one question.

Story: Was playing last night (in the dark - it's more fun that way!). Had a great first ball and was in the groove. At one point, the ball came down to the right flipper, so I went to shoot it back... Only after pressing the button, I realized it wasn't a ball that came down, but rather an LED light! So it went flying up near the grave stones. A few seconds later, it came back down towards the flippers, but this time I recognized it, cradled the bulb (I didn't want it going down the drain -- not sure how I would have gotten it out or if it would've been damaged), and I drained the ball. Was very sad... Anyone else ever have an LED from a spotlight flying around the playfield? (that's not my question)

As for the real question: I've noticed that when I shoot the far left orbit, the ball flies up and then falls back down. If I don't hit it hard, it sometimes falls into the pops instead, but that's relatively rare. Is that normal behavior? It's kind of weird to me why the left orbit doesn't really do anything (unless going for combos, in which case it flies all the way around).

#11946 6 years ago

The LEDs can pop out. One of my front spot lights was loose and I just had to make sure the lamp was seated tight. Some people have even put a small dab of hot glue, to hold the lamp in place, if the socket is really loose.

Not sure about your question. If you mean the left ramp...hitting the ramps will give you letters METALLICA to advance to lady justice. Hitting ramps (or any shot with a red arrow spider insert) will also change the flashing spider inserts so you can advance to seek and destroy.

#11947 6 years ago

Thanks for the hot glue idea -- if they come out a lot, I'll look into doing that.

What I mean is the left ramp just goes to the top, then spits back out (90% of the time), whereas other ramps either return to the flipper or (the right ramp) goes to the pops. The left ramp really is just supposed to fly up, hit the post, and come back down the way it came?

#11948 6 years ago

Led popping out is very common. Nothing to worry about. Even if one gets in the trough it's no big deal. Just fish it out and pop it back in. There are different tricks for getting them to stay in.

#11949 6 years ago

Ramp or orbit (not a ramp)? Orbit has a post at the top that is sometime up, sometimes down...depending on where it is in the game. The left ramp shouldn't have a post. Could you include a pic?

#11950 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ramp or orbit (not a ramp)? Orbit has a post at the top that is sometime up, sometimes down...depending on where it is in the game. The left ramp shouldn't have a post. Could you include a pic?

He's definitely talking about the orbit. Yep, that's normal and part of game design.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,600 (OBO)
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/239 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.