met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 433.
#11851 6 years ago

Yeah, I know. I have a shaker on my ST and played plenty of games with shakers. Played an ACDC recently that had a shaker set on 11. That thing felt like it was shaking itself apart. Not every game needs a shaker imo. Personally, I try not to throw too much money into my games since it adds up fast. Less money for other pins. I really like the sub since it adds a lot to the music which is a big part of the game. I just thought it added more to the experience than a shaker but if you want both then go for it. That's always the answer to pinball buying questions - buy both. lol

#11852 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I thought only the Prem/LE had those LED boards? I have an LED Pro built last year and it uses regular sockets.

My led pro from 2014 had them

#11853 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My led pro from 2014 had them

Are you sure? I didn't think they ever made a version of the pro with LED boards.

#11854 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are you sure? I didn't think they ever made a version of the pro with LED boards.

I can only “remember” as I wanted to color my fuel lights and couldn’t swap leds so I was going to order the gel inserts but never did. If I could of swapped leds I would of done that

#11855 6 years ago

Long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread). I'm now in the Metallica group with an awesome Premium!! Just received delivery -- have to wait for it to warm up before I can turn it on (it's cold in Minnesota!). Yay! Here's a few snapshots - not the greatest, but good enough for now.

20171031_090342 (resized).jpg20171031_090342 (resized).jpg

20171031_090351 (resized).jpg20171031_090351 (resized).jpg

20171031_090509 (resized).jpg20171031_090509 (resized).jpg

#11856 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread). I'm now in the Metallica group with an awesome Premium!! Just received delivery -- have to wait for it to warm up before I can turn it on (it's cold in Minnesota!). Yay! Here's a few snapshots - not the greatest, but good enough for now.

Welcome. I'm just over in St Paul.

#11857 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread). I'm now in the Metallica group with an awesome Premium!!

Congrats! You're going to love it and won't be able to stop playing it. MET is highly addictive. That's a beautiful game you have there. Is it a Refinery edition?

#11858 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Congrats! You're going to love it and won't be able to stop playing it. MET is highly addictive. That's a beautiful game you have there. Is it a Refinery edition?

No, but it has many of the same mods, including the powdercoating.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/55447

I fell in love with MET a couple of months ago. Had never really been interested in music pins when my wife and I went to the Minnesota State Fair. They had a bunch of pins (from East Side Pinball), and I was playing Star Wars and not really enjoying it. After a few games, I walked over to my wife who was playing Metallica. It looked pretty cool. When she was done, I tried it out. An hour and a half later, she had to pull me away from it so that we could walk around the Fair some more. I played another one a month or so ago to make sure I still loved it, and I did. I was getting ready to buy a NIB when I saw this one for sale, so bought it instead.

Now I'm waiting to turn it on....

#11859 6 years ago

Nice pickup, fezmid. I was the same. I didn't think much of MET until I started learning the rules and playing. Gameplay had my hooked. Not sure why you are waiting to turn it on - fire it up and play!

#11860 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not sure why you are waiting to turn it on - fire it up and play!

If the game was in below freezing temperatures before being brought into the warm house, it's not a bad idea to wait a bit before turning it on to make sure there isn't any condensation on the electronics.

#11861 6 years ago

Let the plastic pieces warm up too.

Quoted from gweempose:If the game was in below freezing temperatures before being brought into the warm house, it's not a bad idea to wait a bit before turning it on to make sure there isn't any condensation on the electronics.

#11862 6 years ago

I'm late to the club, but happy to become a new member!

DSC00189 (resized).JPGDSC00189 (resized).JPG

DSC00191 (resized).JPGDSC00191 (resized).JPG

#11863 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If the game was in below freezing temperatures before being brought into the warm house, it's not a bad idea to wait a bit before turning it on to make sure there isn't any condensation on the electronics.

Yup, that's exactly why I waited.

LOVE the game, it's awesome!

After about 30 games (doesn't take long when you suck... ), I'm noticing a buzzing when holding the left flipper button down. It's pretty loud. From what I've read online, that's not a bug, it's a Stern "feature." Kind of a bummer. But otherwise, it's great!

#11864 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'm noticing a buzzing when holding the left flipper button down ...

Turn the music up louder so you can't hear it!

In all seriousness, Stern flippers often buzz. It just goes with the territory. I believe there is a way to diminish the buzzing by adjusting the coil stops. I'm sure someone else can chime in about that.

#11865 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I'm late to the club, but happy to become a new member!

Never to late, ESPECIALLY with a NIB. Welcome and let the modding begin.

#11866 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

After about 30 games (doesn't take long when you suck... ), I'm noticing a buzzing when holding the left flipper button down. It's pretty loud. From what I've read online, that's not a bug, it's a Stern "feature." Kind of a bummer. But otherwise, it's great!

that "buzz" is caused by the spring washer by the coils. if you want to fix it, raise your playfield, loosen up the screws holding the coil stop on the flipper assembly, add some blue locktite (the 242 stuff that you can remove without heat) and make sure that you tighten the coil stop (pushing it as far against the coil as you can) before re-tightening the screws. that should stop your buzz

I did a write-up on this a while back (here):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/179#post-3491335

#11867 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Had the same on my left flipper. It comes and goes. Maybe I should try JM's suggestion too..

#11868 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Turn the music up louder so you can't hear it!
In all seriousness, Stern flippers often buzz. It just goes with the territory. I believe there is a way to diminish the buzzing by adjusting the coil stops. I'm sure someone else can chime in about that.

I run a zip tie around the flipper assembly tight. It fixes it.

#11869 6 years ago

Can you post a picture of the zip tie solution?

#11870 6 years ago

Playfield is packaged up and will go out tomorrow. Hopefully new playfield in a week or so. I miss playing Metallica.

#11871 6 years ago

Got her out of the box today and all setup.
DSC00194 (resized).JPGDSC00194 (resized).JPG

odd thing is I found some parts in the bottom of the shipping box.
DSC00193 (resized).JPGDSC00193 (resized).JPG

Looked all over the machine and found a dangling bridge rectifier in the head that looked really out of place.
DSC00212 (resized).JPGDSC00212 (resized).JPG

Since the part in the bottom of the box looked like a heat sink and there was a metal bracket with no apparent reason to be there right by the heat sink, I'm assuming these all go together; can someone confirm this is correct?
DSC00213 (resized).JPGDSC00213 (resized).JPG

#11872 6 years ago

Is that a pro or premium. I just took out my playfield (almost everything in the backbox), and didn't have anything like this.

#11873 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Got her out of the box today and all setup.

odd thing is I found some parts in the bottom of the shipping box.

Looked all over the machine and found a dangling bridge rectifier in the head that looked really out of place.

Since the part in the bottom of the box looked like a heat sink and there was a metal bracket with no apparent reason to be there right by the heat sink, I'm assuming these all go together; can someone confirm this is correct?

Send the pictures to Stern and see what they have to say.

#11874 6 years ago

So had league at my house and my new met pf will not register ball drains. If you mess with the trough switches it finally goes but never when a ball drains.

I put it in switch test and all the switches seem to work just fine....

#11875 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Is that a pro or premium. I just took out my playfield (almost everything in the backbox), and didn't have anything like this.

Monsters are Premiums.

#11876 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So had league at my house and my new met pf will not register ball drains. If you mess with the trough switches it finally goes but never when a ball drains.

Try to increase slope degrees slightly to get the balls to drain completely, or make sure it's leveled side to side...just starting with the easy changes.

#11877 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Try to increase slope degrees slightly to get the balls to drain completely, or make sure it's leveled side to side...just starting with the easy changes.

I’ll have to Get my level out, but every time I opened the coin door they were all clicked as closed. I’d trip 4,3,3 and pop the 1 plunger and it keep doing that and something would trigger it :/

#11878 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I’ll have to Get my level out, but every time I opened the coin door they were all clicked as closed. I’d trip 4,3,3 and pop the 1 plunger and it keep doing that and something would trigger it :/

Hmmm, not sure. Check the level, but with mine out of commission, I can't check things for you. Let me know if still having problems in a few days. Hopefully settles in after more games. And make sure the screws to the trough are set and the switch is set tight, if the game switch seems correct, but it's really a bit loose and not triggering completely this may be it.

#11879 6 years ago

Getting ready for some good playfield cleaning, replacing all rubbers and installing a playfield protector (https://pu-parts.com/metallica-playfield-shield_2). These protectors look really nice and are almost not visible (you have to look for it).

IMG_20171102_102827 (resized).jpgIMG_20171102_102827 (resized).jpg

I had to remove some mylar in the shape of a rectangle that was put between the cross and last drop target. Heated the mylar with a hair dryer and removed it. The glue residue I removed with ‘Allclean+’ from Chemical Guys (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_CLD_101_16_All_Clean_p/cld_101_16.htm).

IMG_20171102_102910 (resized).jpgIMG_20171102_102910 (resized).jpg

To remove the glue:
1. First use Allclean+ (Dilute 20 water parts with 1 part Allcleaner+) and let it work in for a few minutes. Then rub with a microfiber cloth.
2. Spray some cleaner on the a microfiber cloth and gently rub where the glue residue is, then use a dry part of the microfiber cloth to wipe dry the area (optional you can rub the glue residue together with your finger tip for more easy removal).
3. Repeat step 2 until almost no residue is left.
4. From there spray some cleaner on the a microfiber cloth and gently rub where the glue residue is, then use a dry part of the microfiber cloth to wipe dry the area. Use a cotton cloth with a little! water on it and rub on the area where some of the glue residue is left. Use a dry part of the cotton cloth to wipe dry.
5. Repeat step 4 until all the glue residue is gone.

In about 10 minutes I had the glue removed.

Before:
IMG_20171102_094900 (resized).jpgIMG_20171102_094900 (resized).jpg

After:
IMG_20171102_102926 (resized).jpgIMG_20171102_102926 (resized).jpg

I also use this cleaner for my playfield. Works great and all natural ingredients that are non-aggressive.

#11880 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

When I got my SMVE a year or so ago, all the trough switches were adjusted so the arm was too high. The balls would go in the trough close the switch, then bounce a bit and the switch arm would go back up and hold the ball up and not register. I had to adjust them all. It caused all kinds of sporadic ball launches, and phantom drain issues. To see it, I had to take off the apron and the top of the trough and watch the balls from the top as I cycled through ball launch/trough test. Hope that helps.

#11881 6 years ago

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Sold my Metallica no longer need my custom hammer mod. Made by Spinny Vinny. Hammer 200 ( 1 of 10 silver leaf - original cost).”
2018-01-06
Milan, OH
200 (OBO)
Archived after: 106 days
Viewed: 1050 times

No longer need my met mods - also have the moded predator sparky,

#11882 6 years ago

Hey guys--big tourney coming up Sat for my MET. Finally installed new songs/code and after it was finished I got this:
20171102_102034 (resized).jpg20171102_102034 (resized).jpg
Need some bigly help here! Thank you!

#11883 6 years ago

I'll have to look at the manual, but I think there are some dip switches on one of the boards to tell it what country you're in. Maybe you accidentally changed this when installing the new code.

#11884 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I run a zip tie around the flipper assembly tight. It fixes it.

Quoted from Raegor:

Can you post a picture of the zip tie solution?

I second this -- can we see a picture? Zip tie would be a lot easier to try first.

#11885 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I'll have to look at the manual, but I think there are some dip switches on one of the boards to tell it what country you're in. Maybe you accidentally changed this when installing the new code.

Thank you. Will double check right now.

#11886 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thank you. Will double check right now.

See page 36-37 of the manual on Stern's site. Hope this helps.

#11887 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Need some bigly help here! Thank you!

Damn it, Gryszzz! I told you over and over not to try to install those Air Supply songs on your MET. Now it's in protest mode.

#11888 6 years ago

It's Christopher Cross douchebag. Air Supply on ACDC. So ride like the wind on outta my bidness.

#11889 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's Christopher Cross douchebag. Air Supply on ACDC. So ride like the wind on outta my bidness.

Crap, I thought for sure I had you pegged as a Carpenters guy.

#11890 6 years ago

Figured out problem. POMC, whom made the Dropbox for me, has pro, I have premium. Is there any way to fix this? I guess now would be an excellent time to throw $20 at the Pinball Browser dude. Been meaning to but never changed any songs, until now.

#11891 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I second this -- can we see a picture? Zip tie would be a lot easier to try first.

I'll get pics tonight. Pretty simple 30 second fix and stopped mine permanently

#11892 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Figured out problem. POMC, whom made the Dropbox for me, has pro, I have premium. Is there any way to fix this? I guess now would be an excellent time to throw $20 at the Pinball Browser dude. Been meaning to but never changed any songs, until now.

I don't think there is any way to convert Pro code to work on a Premium. I recommend just getting Pinball Browser. Once you learn how to use it and edit/clip music just right you control your own destiny and can change anything to your liking.

#11893 6 years ago

To keep my teenage daughters interested in playing my Metallica, I inserted Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar songs.
After all, the children are our future.

#11894 6 years ago

Does anyone know who has the Metallica Cemetery LED arch in stock? It's a mod I have been meaning to get.

#11895 6 years ago

Well ya did it now Violence. Now I'm dead set on loading this bitch up with Christopher Cross and Air Supply. Only 2 days to do it...it's a RACE AGAINST TIME!

#11896 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't think there is any way to convert Pro code to work on a Premium. I recommend just getting Pinball Browser. Once you learn how to use it and edit/clip music just right you control your own destiny and can change anything to your liking.

Just donated. Now waiting on someone to help. TECHNOLOGY HATES ME...

#11897 6 years ago
Quoted from davids1024:

Does anyone know who has the Metallica Cemetery LED arch in stock? It's a mod I have been meaning to get.

Mezel Mods should have them.

#11898 6 years ago

Here's some pics if zip ties around flipper assembly. Ones a black zip, other side I had to use a white. It literally just pulls the assembly together tight and eliminates any vibration or rattling. I've had it on for over a year and not a single rattle again. Sorry if pics are hard to tell, but pretty self explanatory. Make them as tight as you can, and they're done rattling. I couldn't handle the noise, and Stern told me to bend the brackets. This was much easier.

IMG_20171102_170656134 (resized).jpgIMG_20171102_170656134 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171102_170646471 (resized).jpgIMG_20171102_170646471 (resized).jpg

#11899 6 years ago

Who's got that red and black only Kill Em All VE?
Be a whole lot cooler if you did.

#11900 6 years ago

New cabinet, new tunes.
KILL EM ALL.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 29.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/238?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.