Getting ready for some good playfield cleaning, replacing all rubbers and installing a playfield protector (https://pu-parts.com/metallica-playfield-shield_2). These protectors look really nice and are almost not visible (you have to look for it).
I had to remove some mylar in the shape of a rectangle that was put between the cross and last drop target. Heated the mylar with a hair dryer and removed it. The glue residue I removed with ‘Allclean+’ from Chemical Guys (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_CLD_101_16_All_Clean_p/cld_101_16.htm).
To remove the glue:
1. First use Allclean+ (Dilute 20 water parts with 1 part Allcleaner+) and let it work in for a few minutes. Then rub with a microfiber cloth.
2. Spray some cleaner on the a microfiber cloth and gently rub where the glue residue is, then use a dry part of the microfiber cloth to wipe dry the area (optional you can rub the glue residue together with your finger tip for more easy removal).
3. Repeat step 2 until almost no residue is left.
4. From there spray some cleaner on the a microfiber cloth and gently rub where the glue residue is, then use a dry part of the microfiber cloth to wipe dry the area. Use a cotton cloth with a little! water on it and rub on the area where some of the glue residue is left. Use a dry part of the cotton cloth to wipe dry.
5. Repeat step 4 until all the glue residue is gone.
In about 10 minutes I had the glue removed.
I also use this cleaner for my playfield. Works great and all natural ingredients that are non-aggressive.