IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 433.
#11751 6 years ago

Thanks! I swear it was OOS there when I looked. LOL.

#11753 6 years ago

What a game!
2 CIU completed. Quickly failed on third and Quickly lost my 2 EB.
Anyway good game.
I still need work to get the wizard mod!

45DC90A7-ACCD-498E-8215-2621320A2C15 (resized).jpeg45DC90A7-ACCD-498E-8215-2621320A2C15 (resized).jpeg

#11754 6 years ago

At the risk of offending a great many people here, I want to ask a question re: music and music adjustment on this pin.

I don't presently own Metallica, but I'm thinking seriously about finding one used.

I have played it at my local arcade and I like the gameplay and the rules.

What I don't like particularly - sorry! - is the music. I can't imagine I'm going to like hearing Metallica songs every time I play this game.

So, my question: is there any way to - ahem! - delete the music from the sound code? Like, has anyone out there authored an alternate sound code that still includes all the game's sounds but omits much/all of the songs? It may sound idiotic to you, but I would prefer to hear nothing in between the sound effects of the game than hear the Metallica music.

Thanks for reading. And again, I'm sorry to offend the stalwart Metallica fans here. 'tis just a pin, you know?

J

#11755 6 years ago

Yes, one could use Pinball Browssr and change out the music tracks to something else (of the same exact length) or you could insert silent audio in its place.

To each their own, but it’s possible.

#11756 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

At the risk of offending a great many people here, I want to ask a question re: music and music adjustment on this pin.
I don't presently own Metallica, but I'm thinking seriously about finding one used.
What I don't like particularly - sorry! - is the music. I can't imagine I'm going to like hearing Metallica songs every time I play this game.
So, my question: is there any way to - ahem! - delete the music from the sound code? Like, has anyone out there authored an alternate sound code that still includes all the game's sounds but omits much/all of the songs? It may sound idiotic to you, but I would prefer to hear nothing in between the sound effects of the game than hear the Metallica music.
Thanks for reading. And again, I'm sorry to offend the stalwart Metallica fans here. 'tis just a pin, you know?
J

Except unforgiven I dislike Metallica songs and it took me away from this one for a long time.
Thanks to pinballbrowser, I have given it a chance as many reviews said this was a great game. I do not regreat it!! So far. Just found my third keeper with MM and TWD LE.
Ok now i just need some time to change many songs ( I have some placebo, linking Park songs that could fit it)

#11757 6 years ago

It's very easy to swap out the songs while leaving all the call outs and sound effects using Pinball Browser. I don't have a single Metallica song on my MET. Like you, I just don't care for the band.

#11759 6 years ago

Same here. I don't care for the music but like the pin. It works as a package so I think it would be weird to have different music. I saw a video of ST gameplay where someone swapped out the stock music with classic rock tunes. So out of place.

A few of the Metallica songs are better than the others so I play them the most. Once I plunge the ball I tend to tune out the music and focus on gameplay. It would be cool to swap out some of the slower songs with other Metallica songs. Any videos of gameplay with changed music?

#11760 6 years ago

Here's the songs I currently have installed. First time I went with non-Metallica songs because I thought I would prefer to keep the game as a "package". But I had so much fun playing Aerosmith that I realized it's nice to change up a little. Metallica is obviously very intense and not necessarily fun pinball music.

I have Mustang for my "jukebox" pinball machine and love it, so that's why I stayed with only Metallica in the soundtrack all this time. Hocus Pocus is so god damned fun to play along to.

Newer Metallica songs sound great. I'll look for video, but I had Moth to Flame, Ain't My Bitch and some other new songs and they all worked well. Edit, here's video with a few song changes. Was mainly taken to show Total Lightshow, spinners and the rising grave marker, so I skip thru the songs kind of quick.

#11761 6 years ago

so when you change the songs in the code, do you also have the ability to change how they are displayed on the selection screen or does it still list the original Metallica song titles?

#11762 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

so when you change the songs in the code, do you also have the ability to change how they are displayed on the selection screen or does it still list the original Metallica song titles?

You change the song title as well, so everything matches up.

#11763 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You change the song title as well, so everything matches up.

You need to do it also or it does itself when you change the music?
Thanks

#11764 6 years ago

Thanks a bunch to all of you who responded to my question re: music adjustement.

VERY helpful!

I'm relieved to hear it's possible to program Metallica to play alternate music - or even no music at all.

Thank goodness for modern, computer-based pin technology!

J

#11765 6 years ago

My thumb is hovering over the thumbs down button for all of this blasphemy......

#11766 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My thumb is hovering over the thumbs down button for all of this blasphemy......

I know right? Metallica is why I bought this thing...

But if he's spending $5k+ on a machine I guess to each his own.

#11767 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

You need to do it also or it does itself when you change the music?
Thanks

You do it, very easy. Do a search of the messages tab and then the firmware button for the song you are replacing. Then when you find the instance, change it to the new song name.

#11768 6 years ago

Does anyone have a .bin file for a LE?

#11769 6 years ago

The only thing that gets a little funky when you swap out the songs on MET is that the code doesn't always start a song at the beginning. This is particularly true of the multiballs. Depending on what songs you use and where you put them in the game, this could work well or not well at all.

#11770 6 years ago

Heh, was just playing a game while I have the Yankees game on. My wife requested Pantera's Cemetary Gates be added to Metallica. Turns out it plays during Coffin Multiball, which is pretty cool and fitting. I'd need to check my notes to see what it replaced if anyone is interested.

#11771 6 years ago

has anyone out there authored an alternate sound code that still includes all the game's sounds but omits much/all of the songs? It may sound idiotic to you, but I would prefer to hear nothing in between the sound effects of the game than hear the Metallica music.

At the risk of I too being downvoted by MET fans \-), I am old enough to be that grumpy old man yelling at kids to, "get off my lawn" and bought gas at 29 cents a gallon back in the day. I love the Dirty Donnie art, the MET game play, but can not relate to the music. I turned my MET Premium into a custom MET "RO", RO standing for Rock On. Here is my playlist ... I did make an effort to find similar titled songs to match modes, and changed the display callouts as well ...

Burning Love, Viva Las Vegas
All along the Watchtower
Born to be Wild
Little GTO and 409 (homage to Big Daddy Roth style artwork)
Hell's Bells
Light my Fire
Born to Be Wild
Whole Lotta Shakn' Going On (for Sparky)
Snake Eyes
Symphony for the Devil
White Wedding
Sharp Dressed Man
Light my Fire

Took me a couple of long nights, but I'm slow, plus MET songs are a LOT longer than classic rock music so had to merge multiple songs (eg Elvis) as necessary.

Have no fear in changing out songs, I read that there is a Frozen music version and ABBA MET floating around as well.

OK, ducking now from the wrath of MET fans \-)

It's your hard earned dollars, so good luck in finding a game and truly making it yours.

ron

#11772 6 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

At the risk of I too being downvoted by MET fans \-), I am old enough to be that grumpy old man yelling at kids to, "get off my lawn" and bought gas at 29 cents a gallon back in the day. I love the Dirty Donnie art, the MET game play, but can not relate to the music. I turned my MET Premium into a custom MET "RO", RO standing for Rock On. Here is my playlist ... I did make an effort to find similar titled songs to match modes, and changed the display callouts as well ...
Burning Love, Viva Las Vegas
All along the Watchtower
Born to be Wild
Little GTO and 409 (homage to Big Daddy Roth style artwork)
Hell's Bells
Light my Fire
Born to Be Wild
Whole Lotta Shakn' Going On (for Sparky)
Snake Eyes
Symphony for the Devil
White Wedding
Sharp Dressed Man
Light my Fire
Took me a couple of long nights, but I'm slow, plus MET songs are a LOT longer than classic rock music so had to merge multiple songs (eg Elvis) as necessary.
Have no fear in changing out songs, I read that there is a Frozen music version and ABBA MET floating around as well.
OK, ducking now from the wrath of MET fans \-)
It's your hard earned dollars, so good luck in finding a game and truly making it yours.
ron

OMG.

#11774 6 years ago

Hey man, that's cool and whatever music gets you into that pinball groove, right?

#11775 6 years ago

Wow best game ever on my Met Monsters Premium tonight. Love this game.

20171017_204145 (resized).jpg20171017_204145 (resized).jpg

20171017_204211 (resized).jpg20171017_204211 (resized).jpg

20171017_204234 (resized).jpg20171017_204234 (resized).jpg

#11776 6 years ago

Wow, what a blast this game is. Been a while since I enjoyed playing that much. This is a true gem and I am happy to own it. The flow is very good and I love making combo's Am I any good, or do I still need some practicing?

IMG_20171017_213432 (resized).jpgIMG_20171017_213432 (resized).jpg

#11777 6 years ago

I have a set of the Metallica Funko Pops. I only have 6 /12" of clearance above the backbox where my machine rests, so they are the perfect height to make some sort of topper.

Can anyone give any cool suggestions on how to light them up? Also, what power source I should tap into?

Note: They will be removed from the box for the topper.

Thanks to such a great community for sharing knowledge and ideas.

IMG_1994 (resized).JPGIMG_1994 (resized).JPG

#11778 6 years ago

You can try to use an led ight strip and a different color for each figure, tied to gi if you want steady light or tied to flashers for a more interactive mod. Plenty of flashers in Metallica to work with. Or you can do both, steady backlighting always on with individual strips tied to flashers. Let me know if you need help.

#11779 6 years ago

B*ll*ck$.
Moving machines to a charity show - one of the straps gave way.

Have started the strip down to get all the glass out. Have cleared the top of the playfield, now to start on the bottom

20171013_103133 (resized).jpg20171013_103133 (resized).jpg

20171013_112923 (resized).jpg20171013_112923 (resized).jpg

#11780 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

B*ll*ck$.
Have started the strip down to get all the glass out. Have cleared the top of the playfield, now to start on the bottom

Oh man sorry to see that.

#11781 6 years ago

That is fukkin horrible man.. sorry to see that. Bollocks indeed

#11782 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

B*ll*ck$.

Omg!!! That is horrible. Sorry man. Thats too bad also cause it was for a charity show. Trying to do something good and this happens.

#11783 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

B*ll*ck$.

No!!!!!!! I hope they still work.

#11784 6 years ago

Can we get a right ramp with an "A" on it, instead of an M? Man, that drives me nuts.

#11785 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

B*ll*ck$.

Ouch. Oh man. My heart sinks.

#11786 6 years ago

wow! I am so sorry to see this happen. Must have made you sick to see that.

#11787 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

NOOOOoooooo!!

I'm sorry this happened to you, it pains me to see this.

#11788 6 years ago

J

I’ve got a refinery prem on order and am planning to swap most of the Metallica music out and replace with other metal music, make it like a Metallica Sirius satilite channel... I’m planning to put in Ozzy, deep purple, trivium, maybe a heavy dream theater or porcupine tree to keep with the metal theme with a bit of a prog flavor. I’ve downloaded pinball browser and would like to list replaced song name on the display, but I have no idea how to do that??

Can anybody help with explaining how you get new/different song names into the display to correspond with the new music you put in?

#11789 6 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Can anybody help with explaining how you get new/different song names into the display to correspond with the new music you put in?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-song-replacement-tips-request-locations-suggestions-and-discussion

#11790 6 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

It's very easy. Just click on the "Messages" tab and enter the song name you want to replace in the search box. You will then see all the results highlighted in blue. Double click a highlighted result or click the edit button, and a screen will pop up allowing you to change the text. If the new title is longer, you will need to check the "Override max length" box. Use the blue arrow to make sure all instances of the title have been changed. Lastly, click the "Search Firmware" box at the bottom of the screen. This allows you to change additional references to the original song titles in the firmware.

#11791 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's very easy. Just click on the "Messages" tab and enter the song name you want to replace in the search box. You will then see all the results highlighted in blue. Double click a highlighted result or click the edit button, and a screen will pop up allowing you to change the text. If the new title is longer, you will need to check the "Override max length" box. Use the blue arrow to make sure all instances of the title have been changed. Lastly, click the "Search Firmware" box at the bottom of the screen. This allows you to change additional references to the original song titles in the firmware.

All of the above, but be care when searching for the song title "One." It shows up as the number, as well as "None," so make sure you're only changing the song title.

#11792 6 years ago

Has anyone with a met pro got their PF replaced and the switch wire harness in the cab not fit with the new pf switch plugs? Just talked with Stern and they are sending an adapter harness...but not sure.....

#11793 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

B*ll*ck$.

oh man...sorry to see that...
Where are the "Vader breaking free from the operating table" pics??

#11794 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone with a met pro got their PF replaced and the switch wire harness in the cab not fit with the new pf switch plugs? Just talked with Stern and they are sending an adapter harness...but not sure.....

Was your pf replaced due to ghosting inserts? Is it a Pro or a Pro LED? I'm not sure but maybe there was a harness difference between the two? The only difference I knew about the Pro LED is that is has jumper (resistor?) circuit boards added to the insert plugs on the MPU.

#11795 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Was your pf replaced due to ghosting inserts? Is it a Pro or a Pro LED? I'm not sure but maybe there was a harness difference between the two? The only difference I knew about the Pro LED is that is has jumper (resistor?) circuit boards added to the insert plugs on the MPU.

I think I had a pro led gen 2 (is what I call it) Had the pcb led boards for the FUEL lights. My replacement board has leds there but they are the 555? socketed lights.

All the plugs work, except the switches... let me attach a pic.

I will say, the new pf has some massive clear coat and looks much better then the old pfs

6A40C758-A745-4A5D-AD35-A079E570BF86 (resized).jpeg6A40C758-A745-4A5D-AD35-A079E570BF86 (resized).jpeg

#11796 6 years ago

Gweempose and sparky, thank you! I will try this week!

#11797 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I will say, the new pf has some massive clear coat and looks much better then the old pfs

Lets see some pics please!!

#11798 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Lets see some pics please!!

Does it have coating on both sides of the playfield?

#11799 6 years ago

I just wanna see a shiny new pf!

#11800 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I just wanna see a shiny new pf!

oh shoot! I didn't get on last night. I'll take some tonight for you. If you look at like GB or met pro, it is obvious to the difference. I'll post about the harness when I receive it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/236 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.