C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 434.
#11701 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I usually have to dispatch at least 2 or 3 rattlesnakes a year from my yard or property .
No Kidding !

I primarily live in Kingman AZ for the year and same here. I hate rattlers!!

#11702 6 years ago

How often do y'all get a second, third...CIU mode? I can usually get one but I've never gotten a second in o e game?

#11703 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Here is one that I did for mine...it's in a post about 1000 pages back...

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

and here's another one I did for someone along with the hammer and Sparky...

PA080014 (resized).JPGPA080014 (resized).JPG

WOW I miss the old days when most folks knew me!!

PA080007 (resized).JPGPA080007 (resized).JPG

Phoebe

#11704 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Here is one that I did for mine...it's in a post about 1000 pages back...

Phoebe

LOL. I "know" ya, just busting yet chops. That snake looks awesome!

#11705 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That's all I need to be convinced it will look deadly! Placing my order today!. You would notice the cheap toy on a playfield Pomc! I hope u also noticed the custom sparky painted by Dirty Donnie ?!! And how can someone say it don't "goes" with the game!? There's a snake head ON the playfield! Haha.. c'mon

Do what you want, why would I care? You asked in a public forum what we thought. I said what I thought, per your open request. Go spend your $150 and enjoy yourself regardless of what any of us think. The "no" votes were more than the "yeah" votes, 6-1. So why single my opinion out?

#11706 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice craftsmanship but not for me.

that's how a gentleman says no thanks. You start talking about it looking like tropical jungle fruit and shit? Wtf? Just say you dont like it, it's fine. I do not know, nor have ever met the guy who made the snake mod..but I wouldn't talk shit about him or his craft like THAT. You did it with another guy's custom painted sparky's on here too. Just annoys me I guess!

#11707 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm sure to be ordering one this week..what do ya think of it?!?!

I said what I thought of it *ONLY* because you asked.

Otherwise not a peep would've been heard from me. Thought you actually wanted input and constructive criticism since you asked everyone? This mod is a terrific idea and I applaud the effort, but it's just not for me, and you asked what I thought of it.

#11708 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How often do y'all get a second, third...CIU mode? I can usually get one but I've never gotten a second in o e game?

I haven't had 100 million + game forever. I just levelled and cleaned mine up. Dammit! I got mine set up at 6.8º slope and a short ball save.. tried with it off for a while but couldn't take the quick drains! I've only ever hit 2 CIU's in a game a few times...never seen anyone get to e.o.t.l. yet either! Damn, i LOVE this game!

#11709 6 years ago

Phoebe

aren't you that lady that keeps losing to that idiot in michigan @ joust? 3 years straight now, isn't it?

#11710 6 years ago

I had to research this extensively before I could paint the snake on my husbands MET - Phoebe

Nice work, Phoebe!

#11711 6 years ago

What type of paint did you use for the snake eyes and hammer flames? It really pops.

#11712 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

aren't you that lady that keeps losing to that idiot in michigan @ joust? 3 years straight now, isn't it?

LOL!! I've lost to you twice to date... granted this year will probably not be an exception...but it hasn't happened YET!!!

Phoebe

#11713 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Nice work, Phoebe!

Thank you!!

Quoted from sudsy7:

What type of paint did you use for the snake eyes and hammer flames? It really pops.

I use UV/black light reactive paint on pretty much of everything I paint, so they really POP with UV bulbs!

Phoebe

#11714 6 years ago

LOL!! I've lost to you twice to date... granted this year will probably not be an exception...but it hasn't happened YET!!!
Phoebe

and last year's prize is still owed (I do believe

#11715 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yes, there is one [unused] rattlesnake tail animation in the metallica rom

The snake rattle animation is used every time you shoot the ball in the snake jaw. It has to be a clean shot though (can't ricochet off the coffin for instance).

#11716 6 years ago

A quick tech tip needed. I've been asked to remove and reseat a connector on the back box. I am struggling to remove it. Is there an easy way to remove these? I see both ends have like an interlocking part to stop the connector from falling off. To date I need to use brute force to get one of these guys off

#11717 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

A quick tech tip needed. I've been asked to remove and reseat a connector on the back box. I am struggling to remove it. Is there an easy way to remove these? I see both ends have like an interlocking part to stop the connector from falling off. To date I need to use brute force to get one of these guys off

I think you just need to push connector together then pinch in the lock stops and then easily slide apart .

#11718 6 years ago

Took a video today playing a two player game to choose some new songs I added. This video shows Hocus Pocus and Symptom of the Universe, both are really fun while playing. I have a few other different songs added and I cycle through them at the start of the video.

Oh, video also shows Total Lightshow and spinners in action. I did not start Grave Marker MB, so the Rising Cross tied into the Total Lightshow doesn't happen.

#11719 6 years ago

Hey guys, I recently joined the club and would love to get that Pingraffix snake mod plastics. Not the plain sticker version but the more expensive one with the plastic for the ramp too. If anyone has one they are not going to install, please send me a PM. Thanks!

#11720 6 years ago

Here is mine, cheers!

IMG_20170915_185106 (resized).jpgIMG_20170915_185106 (resized).jpg

#11721 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Here is mine, cheers!

Lookin goooood. How about my mod now.

#11722 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Lookin goooood. How about my mod now.

Not sure the light up legs would work well on the roadcase cabinet?? Anyone have pictures?

#11723 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Not sure the light up legs would work well on the roadcase cabinet?? Anyone have pictures?

What does the art look like again?

#11724 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11725 6 years ago

The middle one? White would good on that.

#11727 6 years ago

Hell yeah

IMG_20171007_102631 (resized).jpgIMG_20171007_102631 (resized).jpg

#11729 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club.

Thank you

Really looking forward to making this pin even look better than he already does. And what a blast to play. It has been a long time since I enjoyed a pin that much

#11730 6 years ago

Just went up from 92 million and some change to 176 mill. Love this game!!!!

20171005_230044 (resized).jpg20171005_230044 (resized).jpg

20170915_231945 (resized).jpg20170915_231945 (resized).jpg

#11731 6 years ago

Hi there,
New owner since a week.
I’m just understanding the rules better.
Still looking for some advices and strategy to score higher than I do currently.
Thnks

#11732 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Hey guys, I recently joined the club and would love to get that Pingraffix snake mod plastics. Not the plain sticker version but the more expensive one with the plastic for the ramp too. If anyone has one they are not going to install, please send me a PM. Thanks!

Hey Spencer.. Welcome to the show!

You can get the snake plastic directly from the source here:
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/metallica-snake-mod

Best!

#11733 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
New owner since a week.
I’m just understanding the rules better.
Still looking for some advices and strategy to score higher than I do currently.
Thnks

Read this ...

http://tiltforums.com/t/metallica-wiki-rulesheet/228

And watch this ...

#11734 6 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hey Spencer.. Welcome to the show!
You can get the snake plastic directly from the source here:
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/metallica-snake-mod
Best!

But I want the "better" version, the one with the plastic on the ramp too.

#11735 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Read this ...
http://tiltforums.com/t/metallica-wiki-rulesheet/228
And watch this ...
» YouTube video

I used to score between 90 and 120m but regarding this video I need to play way better multiball parts to get the add a ball/scoring x2 and CIU.
Thanks

#11736 6 years ago

Have owned MET for nearly two years and up till today have never heard Kirk (I think?)say after draining a ball "I'm not a great player, but you're playing like shit". Lmao.

Still love the game, considered selling it at a few points but glad I hung on to it. The reward of getting a monster score with all the right modes running together is a rush.

#11737 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Have owned MET for nearly two years and up till today have never heard Kirk (I think?)say after draining a ball "I'm not a great player, but you're playing like shit". Lmao.

Gotta wonder what kind of score rates that harsh of a review?

#11738 6 years ago

Just added a sheet of PDI glass to my Met Pro this weekend. I tried to take pictures of it before and after but the pictures just don't do it justice... it is literally like playing with no glass installed! It's hard to say it's worth the cost, since it is SO expensive, but *man* does it make a huge difference! I have the "luxury" of only living ~50 miles from the world HQ of Pinball Decals Inc, so I just drove down and picked the glass up, and saved a bundle over having to have it shipped.

#11739 6 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Just added a sheet of PDI glass to my Met Pro this weekend. I tried to take pictures of it before and after but the pictures just don't do it justice... it is literally like playing with no glass installed! It's hard to say it's worth the cost, since it is SO expensive, but *man* does it make a huge difference! I have the "luxury" of only living ~50 miles from the world HQ of Pinball Decals Inc, so I just drove down and picked the glass up, and saved a bundle over having to have it shipped.

I have it on my Met also, it's great. I had a group buy so the shipping was free.

#11740 6 years ago

First mods installed. Skull coffin mod and ColorDMD. Look what the last one did to me

IMG_20171012_222341.jpgIMG_20171012_222341.jpg

#11741 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

First mods installed. Skull coffin mod and ColorDMD. Look what the last one did to me

Get some side art, makes a world of difference.

#11742 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Get some side art, makes a world of difference.

Yes I know. Waiting for a Creeping Death set with the lightning kit.

#11743 6 years ago

I watched the tutorial. I think I know how to get the hurry ups, but what exactly do they give you?

#11744 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I watched the tutorial. I think I know how to get the hurry ups, but what exactly do they give you?

Collecting the hurry ups lock the inserts on for that particular shot. So for the rest of the game when you hit the shot with the locked on inserts you collect one of each item. It really speeds up the process of getting to Crank It Up.

#11745 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Collecting the hurry ups lock the inserts on for that particular shot. So for the rest of the game when you hit the shot with the locked on inserts you collect one of each item. It really speeds up the process of getting to Crank It Up.

That's what I thought. Now to keep the ball in play long enough to take advantage. lol.

#11746 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That's what I thought. Now to keep the ball in play long enough to take advantage. lol.

I know. Easier said than done right? haha. Also, if you can collect the hurry ups for all the shots you will start Seek and Destroy mode.

#11747 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Quoted from Jakers:

I know. Easier said than done right? haha. Also, if you can collect the hurry ups for all the shots you will start Seek and Destroy mode.

Just to clarify (I know what you meant), it won't lock the inserts for the rest of the game. It will lock the inserts until Seek and Destroy start. If you're trying to get through Crank It Up modes, it's a good strategy to try to avoid starting Seek and Destroy.

#11748 6 years ago

Does any place have the rising cross mechanism for sale? Just looked real quick and couldn't find any. I know a couple places used to carry it...

#11749 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just to clarify (I know what you meant), it won't lock the inserts for the rest of the game. It will lock the inserts until Seek and Destroy start. If you're trying to get through Crank It Up modes, it's a good strategy to try to avoid starting Seek and Destroy.

True, I forgot to mention that starting Seek and Destroy resets all the insert lights. I try to leave the graveyard hurry up for last then time out the hurry up if I do start it.

#11750 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Does any place have the rising cross mechanism for sale? Just looked real quick and couldn't find any. I know a couple places used to carry it...

Marco..

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9810-00

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/235?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.