IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 433.
#11651 6 years ago

I have an original with fangs. One fang broke many moons ago.... It gives him character. I never tried to fix it.

#11652 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I have an original with fangs. One fang broke many moons ago.... It gives him character. I never tried to fix it.

It does make me chuckle. It reminds me of the viper in Secret Life of Pets.

#11653 6 years ago

here's an appropriate (yet, unused) animation from the game
MET - snake tooth.gifMET - snake tooth.gif

#11654 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

here's an appropriate (yet, unused) animation from the game

WOW that's a good one. I wonder why they didn't us it.

#11655 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW that's a good one. I wonder why they didn't us it.

Probably because the broken fangs issue was seen on many machines and it would just add to Stern's quality record.

#11656 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Probably because the broken fangs issue was seen on many machines and it would just add to Stern's quality record.

#11657 6 years ago

Just copying and pasting this video from another thread into this thread in case anyone is interested in checking it out.

Quoted from DerGoetz:
Btw... how do you get the grave maker to rise on the Pro?

Buy an actual Rising Grave marker.

Perquisite is installing the Total Lightshow package and then buying a Rising Grave Marker mech. You can see it around the 2:00 minute mark and also see the amazing Total Lightshow package and spinners in the beginning.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/npnUe2nxNRTHzWJi2

#11658 6 years ago

I want to revisit the spinners on Met. Pro. Any help is appreciated.

I know on the pro the Hooked kit ties into the pic target. Doesn't do anything but make the drum sound.
I like spinners on a game, makes the shot feel complete. Wondering if anyone has bought the kit, or made their own.
Pinball life has spinners way cheaper....wondering if this could be replicated by sourcing parts. Anyone done this before? Anyone know if the pro has pre-drilled holes for spinners?
Thanks for anyone's help that has done this before. If you prefer a PM conversation, that is fine.

#11659 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I think I am pretty much done with modding my MET Premium. I got a base unit with a few minor mods from Steve over at Pinball Refinery and then went buck wild. Steve @ PBR and Melissa @ Cointaker kick ass. I recommend them to anyone looking to get a NIB pinball that want to get powerdercoated and modded from the get go. The only thing left is to color the cross LED's but I am waiting for the cross LED mod to be made for the premium. If anyone notices any other tasteful mods I haven't done yet, please me know.

It's beautiful, I dare say nicer than the MOPLE...

#11660 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Pinball life has spinners way cheaper....wondering if this could be replicated by sourcing parts. Anyone done this before? Anyone know if the pro has pre-drilled holes for spinners?
Thanks for anyone's help that has done this before. If you prefer a PM conversation, that is fine.

You can build your own set for a fraction of the price of the kit. Just buy the spinners, mark the holes in the playfield and drill. Still have to drill holes with the kit and still need to dremel notches out of the plastics. You might find spinner decals for sale too, not sure, but also easy enough to print your own.

#11661 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

I want to revisit the spinners on Met. Pro. Any help is appreciated.
I know on the pro the Hooked kit ties into the pic target. Doesn't do anything but make the drum sound.
I like spinners on a game, makes the shot feel complete. Wondering if anyone has bought the kit, or made their own.

It does more than make the drum sound.....it also counts towards pic hits to whatever target you have it hooked to. I like to support the MOD guys on here and Hooked puts out quality goods.....so I went that route.

#11662 6 years ago

I'm having a lot of trouble with the wedge sockets on my game. I've had to readjust many bulbs because they were flickering or going out.

Rob

#11663 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm having a lot of trouble with the wedge sockets on my game. I've had to readjust many bulbs because they were flickering or going out.
Rob

Have you been adjusting the bulb wires. moving them off to the side then putting the bulb in?

#11664 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you been adjusting the bulb wires. moving them off to the side then putting the bulb in?

I have had to adjust a few, but then a few more start having issues. At various locations on the playfield too, but of course the worst offenders are near high vibration areas like the flippers. I think I have about 4 or 5 which I need to adjust, but I just haven't felt like opening the game yet.

Rob

#11665 6 years ago

After a few hundred games my Met Pro Mystery eject is shooting SDTM 90% of the time. I do not see anything adjustable on this assembly other than bending the metal scoop. Has anybody else had this issue and corrected it?

#11666 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

After a few hundred games my Met Pro Mystery eject is shooting SDTM 90% of the time. I do not see anything adjustable on this assembly other than bending the metal scoop. Has anybody else had this issue and corrected it?

You could try lowering the scoop eject power in the game settings. That may get your ball to a more favorable spot on kick out.

#11667 6 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Is this a new record time for breaking Sparky's foot off?
39 days and under 100 plays.

Stern came through with a warranty replacement Sparky assembly.

Pretty quick!! Good customer service in my opinion.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#11668 6 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Stern came through with a warranty replacement Sparky assembly.
Pretty quick!! Good customer service in my opinion.

Good to see !

#11669 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You can build your own set for a fraction of the price of the kit. Just buy the spinners, mark the holes in the playfield and drill. Still have to drill holes with the kit and still need to dremel notches out of the plastics. You might find spinner decals for sale too, not sure, but also easy enough to print your own.

I've been on the fence with this mod as well. Does anyone have a guide or good close up pics?

#11670 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I've been on the fence with this mod as well. Does anyone have a guide or good close up pics?

I posted pics of my install about 8 mo ago. Starting with Post #9107. Hope that helps

#11671 6 years ago

In the club with a nib Monsters Premium -
now to begin the mod-fest....

20171003_202349 (resized).jpg20171003_202349 (resized).jpg

#11672 6 years ago

Does anyone have an opinion on the Color dmd LED version vs. LCD version, specifically in Met? I want to pick one up at Chicago expo but I’m not sure which one will look better?

#11673 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

In the club with a nib Monsters Premium -
now to begin the mod-fest....

Congrats and welcome!!! Metallica is a great game!!! Nice lineup, too!!!

#11674 6 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Does anyone have an opinion on the Color dmd LED version vs. LCD version, specifically in Met

i have a LCD in mine..love it. I have it set to high res, but it is a 'little' dark, but you can adjust the brightness. i left mine set to default though.

some people praise the LED as being brighter...but you don't have as many options for the dot controls.

#11675 6 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Does anyone have an opinion on the Color dmd LED version vs. LCD version, specifically in Met? I want to pick one up at Chicago expo but I’m not sure which one will look better?

I like the LCD. It allows you to pick modes that showcase the cartoony aspect of met.

#11676 6 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

LCD on DotXL, in every game I own.

#11677 6 years ago

DotsXL is where it's at, and that option is only available on the LCD.

#11678 6 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I have LCD in mine (LCD in all my games as I don't care for the LED, too bright and only has DOTS mode for display) set on high res (smoothing) I prefer this setting. To me it brings out some detail that is lost in DOTS modes.

Phoebe

#11679 6 years ago

Agree with others. LCD looks awesome with DotsXL. You also have other display choices which is nice. Only criticism is that it mounts a bit far back and is a little dark. However, looks perfect when playing. LED is way too bright with too much contrast. I'm not a fan but it's a nice option for games where lcd does not fit.

#11680 6 years ago

I much prefer the LCD over the LED option in every game. I have an LED display in my SC simply because there is no choice with that game, but all my other games have LCD. It's not just the ability to pick the different modes. The LCD displays just look much better to me.

#11681 6 years ago

LCD - because I prefer not seeing dots.

#11682 6 years ago

I have the LED and I love it, I have the MET with the round speakers and the lcd for me was a bad fit , had to use bracket and the screen is offset for the lcd, and you can adjust the brightness if too bright on the LED

5D97C54A-C332-4BB4-A9B1-6D054E13ECF7 (resized).jpeg5D97C54A-C332-4BB4-A9B1-6D054E13ECF7 (resized).jpeg

CB52464D-1738-46AB-AC0F-C7E8CA57BBAA (resized).jpegCB52464D-1738-46AB-AC0F-C7E8CA57BBAA (resized).jpeg

DEDABDA7-D8CC-4501-8116-F313458924D5 (resized).jpegDEDABDA7-D8CC-4501-8116-F313458924D5 (resized).jpeg

#11683 6 years ago

Thanks for all the responses! Seems like the majority favors the LCD. I’ll probably go with that since it has more features and the price difference is only $38. Appreciate the help!

#11684 6 years ago

I did the LED version because I didn't like how far back the LCD sits away form the screen. I posted the video earlier in this thread.

#11685 6 years ago

Hey guys..check out this sweet--ass snake mod that fits on the right side wire form. I'm sure to be ordering one this week..what do ya think of it?!?!

4b5638e6d572b6236d2d53580127bc133a45e66a (resized).jpg4b5638e6d572b6236d2d53580127bc133a45e66a (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171004-173713 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171004-173713 (resized).png

ce58d160609dfd9e6bf07d2c4abf6586ee95a039 (resized).jpgce58d160609dfd9e6bf07d2c4abf6586ee95a039 (resized).jpg

#11686 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey guys..check out this sweet--ass snake mod that fits on the right side wire form. I'm sure to be ordering one this week..what do ya think of it?!?!

Nice craftsmanship but not for me.

#11687 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yeah wow!! Very nice! But not for me either lol. Rattlesnakes CREEP me out and that mod does the same when I look at it lol. I couldn't do it. My wife would NEVER play MET ever again lol. I actually spend most of my time in my AZ house which is very remote so whenever I see a rattlesnake it literally makes your heart skip a beat. If it's on my property I have to kill it now. Never fun runnin across one.

But the craftsmanship looks excellent!!

#11688 6 years ago

I wanted to love it from the first pic, but seeing it on the game, I just don't think it "goes" with the game.

#11689 6 years ago

I saw tropical fruit when the photo appeared on my screen. Looks like jungle fruit or something.....like it belonged on the Predator game. And does that game really have a dollar store "skeleton in a coffin" halloween decoration on it? That wouldn't even look right on my TFTC, but that modded plastic area around the cross and drop targets would look great if made to fit on TFTC around the left ramp and scoop.

#11690 6 years ago

Hmmmm I actually like this MOD.....it’s viscerally detailed and I do enjoy how it follows the ramp. I mean the animation of the snake does have him exploding as he eats the extra ball....so this gives that animation a fun, tangible look to the ramp run

#11691 6 years ago

The mod is not for me. It looks like good quality, but the theme does not fit the snake at all IMO. The Met snake is more of a viper IMO and should not have a rattlesnake tail.

#11692 6 years ago

The mod is not for me. It looks like good quality, but the theme does not fit the snake at all IMO. The Met snake is more of a viper IMO and should not have a rattlesnake tail.

I was wondering this, too. Isn't there animation on the DMD of the snake rattling its tail? I remember thinking in the past that the green was the wrong color for a rattle snake.

#11693 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I was wondering this, too. Isn't there animation on the DMD of the snake rattling its tail? I remember thinking in the past that the green was the wrong color for a rattle snake.

yes, there is one [unused] rattlesnake tail animation in the metallica rom
Pinball Browser (resized).jpgPinball Browser (resized).jpg

#11694 6 years ago

And not to be a smartass.....BUT.....rattlesnakes are vipers. Pit Vipers to be exact

#11695 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

And not to be a smartass.....BUT.....rattlesnakes are vipers. Pit Vipers to be exact

Well I learned something new! I still don't like em

#11696 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I had to research this extensively before I could paint the snake on my husbands MET. (He's a PITA for detail) Anyway, this image appears on the Black album and is an image from the Gadsden Flag. It has a coiled Timber Rattlesnake with the words Don't Tread on Me which is a song on the album...So I googled Timber Rattlesnake images and painted the snake to resemble an actual Timber Rattlesnake. So it is actually a rattlesnake on the game...That being said the snake on the game is enough snakeyness for me...I hate them (all of them...my theory is only good snake is a dead snake!) myself so the fact that I had to do this research and actually paint the thing creeped me out enough thank you!

Phoebe

#11697 6 years ago

Well I learned something new! I still don't like em

Haha me neither!! Scary when ya run across one. That rattle sound is something you know instantly.

#11698 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I had to research this extensively before I could paint the snake on my husbands MET. (He's a PITA for detail) Anyway, this image appears on the Black album and is an image from the Gadsden Flag. It has a coiled Timber Rattlesnake with the words Don't Tread on Me which is a song on the album...So I googled Timber Rattlesnake images and painted the snake to resemble an actual Timber Rattlesnake. So it is actually a rattlesnake on the game...That being said the snake on the game is enough snakeyness for me...I hate them (all of them...my theory is only good snake is a dead snake!) myself so the fact that I had to do this research and actually paint the thing creeped me out enough thank you!
Phoebe

Pics or it didn't happen.

#11699 6 years ago

I usually have to dispatch at least 2 or 3 rattlesnakes a year from my yard or property .
No Kidding !

#11700 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I saw tropical fruit when the photo appeared on my screen. Looks like jungle fruit or something.....That wouldn't even look right on my TFTC

That's all I need to be convinced it will look deadly! Placing my order today!. You would notice the cheap toy on a playfield Pomc! I hope u also noticed the custom sparky painted by Dirty Donnie ?!! And how can someone say it don't "goes" with the game!? There's a snake head ON the playfield! Haha.. c'mon

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/234 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.