IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 433.
#11551 6 years ago
Quoted from davids1024:

I just received my shaker motor from stern for my Metallica Premium. It came with an additional PCB, something to do with filtering for the flippers I think. Does anyone know if it is necessary and where does it go?

Yes. You need the PCB. It should be installed on the inside of the cabinet near the shaker so the wires reach. There should be installation instructions included with the shaker, but here is a video that shows you exactly how to do it ...

#11552 6 years ago
Quoted from davids1024:

I just received my shaker motor from stern for my Metallica Premium. It came with an additional PCB, something to do with filtering for the flippers I think. Does anyone know if it is necessary and where does it go?

Wow!! The Premium comes with no shaker??

#11553 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Wow!! The Premium comes with no shaker??

I don't think any Premium has ever had a shaker included. Some of the LEs have though.

#11554 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I don't think any Premium has ever had a shaker included. Some of the LEs have though.

What a rip off. In my eyes a shaker should be considered a "premium" upgrade

#11555 6 years ago

Can anyone please tell me The common wear area near the apron where Mylar should be applied?

20170912_185800 (resized).jpg20170912_185800 (resized).jpg

#11556 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

What a rip off. In my eyes a shaker should be considered a "premium" upgrade

agree but it is what it is

#11557 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Can anyone please tell me The common wear area near the apron where Mylar should be applied?

Is this a used pin? It looks like someone put a Cliffy over the ball drain. There are no other wear spots.

#11558 6 years ago

This is the board that came in addition to the shaker motor board

IMG_5001 (resized).PNGIMG_5001 (resized).PNG

#11559 6 years ago

Rev B shaker comes with the board in this picture. Don't know what board that is...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352

Kit includes:
Shaker motor with mounting bracket and wiring harness.
PCB board
Hard plastic cover
Mounting hardware
Cable ties (not shown in picture)
Cabinet Harness (not shown in picture)
Instruction sheet (not shown in picture)
Mounting template (not shown in picture)

#11560 6 years ago

Ok...davids1024......can you post a pic of the shaker motor you have? There are several different ones available so you first need to make sure the one you have is compatible with SAM which is the board set in Metallica. The picture you posted looks like a connector and not a board. I have a Red Tremor in mine and here is a pic of the board for the shaker I have. There may be a reason the shaker you have was not installed....it may not have the board that is needed. Show us what you got and we can help.

IMG_1285 (resized).JPGIMG_1285 (resized).JPG

#11561 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Is this a used pin? It looks like someone put a Cliffy over the ball drain. There are no other wear spots.

No this is brand new. I've already done full Cliffys. I just went ahead and put the Mylar under the lip of the apron where it touches the field. I noticed some scuff marks there that I'd rather not see get worse.

#11562 6 years ago

Anyone know why the mystery hole would randomly not register a hit? I recently began hitting the hole and sometimes it pops right out without tripping mystery/extra ball/CIU

#11563 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Anyone know why the mystery hole would randomly not register a hit? I recently began hitting the hole and sometimes it pops right out without tripping mystery/extra ball/CIU

The switch needs adjustment because it is not staying closed when the ball goes in the scoop.

Rob

#11564 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I had that previously - I found the problem to be a wire under the playfield had come out of the harness and the ball was resting against it when it was in the scoop. Check that first, before anything else.

Assuming it comes out after a ball search indicating the coil is fully functional, it is as Rob_G says, the switch is not registering with a ball resting on it.
However it could be that the switch is broken - check with your finger first, in switch test, that the switch is registering at all and not damaged, if it doesn't register at all check for lose wires and resolder as necessary, or replace switch.
If the switch does register with your finger then test with a ball to ensure the ball is pressing the switch down far enough - bend the switch arm slightly until it does register every time.

#11565 6 years ago

Anyone would be interested by lightly used Powerbladez from Pingraffix? Not even a week with them on the game.
They work great and are awsome. I just need the cash for something else.
I want to ask here first before posting on the market and judging interest. Pinside fees will be respected. 250$usd (Shipping included)/OBO
thanks!

#11566 6 years ago

hello,

can anyone advise on how to clean the cross drop targets?

thanks

m.

#11567 6 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

hello,
can anyone advise on how to clean the cross drop targets?
thanks
m.

Naphtha + a microfiber cloth for the first one or two you can reach. A Q-Tip at the end of needle nose plyers for the last one.

#11568 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

A Q-Tip at the end of needle nose plyers

For things you cant reach, use cotton (or a bit of cloth and a rubber band) wrapped around the end of a bamboo stick.

#11569 6 years ago

or you could take off the playfield plastic to properly clean them

#11570 6 years ago

So it's been 3 days so far and, I love this game!! Still trying to figure things out a bit more. When the spiders are lit what does that mean? For instance, during play one spider would be lit and if I shot for it nothing would happen from what I could see. Also what happens when you completely spell Metallica?

#11571 6 years ago

Or you could just remove the drop target mech from underneath. It's SOooo easy. Two connectors and four screws and it just lowers right out. I can have mine out in about 1 minute with a power tool. I use alcohol to clean the face of the targets.

#11572 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So it's been 3 days so far and, I love this game!! Still trying to figure things out a bit more. When the spiders are lit what does that mean? For instance, during play one spider would be lit and if I shot for it nothing would happen from what I could see. Also what happens when you completely spell Metallica?

I really recommend you watch this....

http://pinballvideos.com/v/321

#11573 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Or you could just remove the drop target mech from underneath. It's SOooo easy. Two connectors and four screws and it just lowers right out. I can have mine out in about 1 minute with a power tool. I use alcohol to clean the face of the targets.

Yeah that's the only way to do it, sooooooo easy.

#11574 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

For things you cant reach, use cotton (or a bit of cloth and a rubber band) wrapped around the end of a bamboo stick.

but how do you get them to not drop down?

#11575 6 years ago

Yeah, taking the drop target mech out is usually very simple on every game. Disconnect the plug to the mech, remove 4-6 screws and done.

Does anyone sell the drop target decals? I had to trim the bottom of the first target's decal because it had gotten torn.

#11576 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah, taking the drop target mech out is usually very simple on every game. Disconnect the plug to the mech, remove 4-6 screws and done.
Does anyone sell the drop target decals? I had to trim the bottom of the first target's decal because it had gotten torn.

I'm pretty sure I had target decals in the goodie bag.. Have you checked it? You could always call Stern and see if they would send you a couple.

#11577 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Spider shots tell you which shot is currently activated when it is solid lit. It will move as you shoot different shots. When you shoot the snake, sparky, or cross then it will light the matching insert for that spider lit insert. Once you get all those inserts lit for a shot then all the inserts will flash. Shot that shot again and that will trigger a hurry up. Hit the coffin and then all those inserts will stay lit the rest of the game and help you get to CUI faster. When the spider inserts are flashing then that means something different such as jackpots in mb.

Spelling Metallica gets you Justice For All Mode where you try to hit ramp/orbit shots. More points for alternating left/right shots. Highly recommend you read up on the rules.

#11578 6 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

I'm pretty sure I had target decals in the goodie bag.. Have you checked it? You could always call Stern and see if they would send you a couple.

I got an extra set for all targets in my bag. It's been that way with all of my Stern's

#11579 6 years ago

Has anyone else contemplated applying mylar to the ramps? They are just so beautiful and I would hate to ever end up seeing them get ball trails in the centers.

#11580 6 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

Don't have a goodie bag. No big deal since the decal looks fine after I trimmed the bottom torn edge.

#11581 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I really recommend you watch this....
http://pinballvideos.com/v/321

Thank you sir!!

#11582 6 years ago
Quoted from joemoney24:

I've had a NIB MET PRO for a few months now. Initially, I encountered issues with the snake not registering shots. I've since become a magician with adjusting the switch. But now I seem to have issues with the captive ball registering shots. The first couple hundred plays a glancing blow and for sure a rock solid shot from either flipper would register. However, I'm only seeing really solid shots from the left registering, and often times it takes a few attempts. This obviously makes the coffin hurry-ups and locking balls a bigger challenge.
As anyone else encountered this and found a solution they would like to share?

Still having issues with my captive ball registering shots. I did take the leaf switch out to adjust the gap in it (as it looked a bit too wide). However, it's not 100% resolved. Some games it seems to register as expected, but others it seems to only register 20% of the time with solid shots. I just don't get it. Software bug where a new game "fixes" it? Has anyone encountered this? I've played multiple other Pros out on location and they seem to work just fine.

I have contacted Stern. Their response was to adjust the leaf switch.

#11583 6 years ago
Quoted from joemoney24:

Still having issues with my captive ball registering shots. I did take the leaf switch out to adjust the gap in it (as it looked a bit too wide). However, it's not 100% resolved. Some games it seems to register as expected, but others it seems to only register 20% of the time with solid shots. I just don't get it. Software bug where a new game "fixes" it? Has anyone encountered this? I've played multiple other Pros out on location and they seem to work just fine.
I have contacted Stern. Their response was to adjust the leaf switch.

Also try cleaning the leaf contacts. If they are dirty it could be causing intermittent operation.

#11584 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/802-5000-E1-36

#11585 6 years ago

Sweet, thanks. Don't recall if I looked at Marco, but I haven't looked since the target tore a few months ago.

#11586 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Has anyone else contemplated applying mylar to the ramps? They are just so beautiful and I would hate to ever end up seeing them get ball trails in the centers.

Never heard of or seen anyone do that. Keep it clean and you will not have any problems. IMO worn out Mylar on a ramp would look far more horrible than a small trail on a ramp. Also I would think the ball speed entering the ramps would suffer greatly.

#11587 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Polish those babies up with never dull, or any type of metal polish. They come out great.

#11588 6 years ago

Does the magnet board control both the sparky and coffin magnet? Im being told my magnet board is bad because the coffin magnet doesnt work but sparky does work fine.

#11589 6 years ago

Still loving it and making fast progress!! I'm starting to get the hang of it and my score has literally gotten better everyday. Tonight I had an exhausting multi ball that lasted at least 10 minutes I believe. The pictures show how my score has grown over the past 3 days. Question, if I hit the ball to the top into the upper left lane, can I hold the left flipper down like you do to drop that plunger when shooting for the skill shot, and will that plunger then drop allowing the ball to travel completely around the upper arch exiting the upper right lane?

20170915_231945 (resized).jpg20170915_231945 (resized).jpg

20170915_232043 (resized).jpg20170915_232043 (resized).jpg

20170915_232038 (resized).jpg20170915_232038 (resized).jpg

#11590 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Does the magnet board control both the sparky and coffin magnet? Im being told my magnet board is bad because the coffin magnet doesnt work but sparky does work fine.

Had that happen too, did you double check the status of your F7 fuse?

#11591 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Had that happen too, did you double check the status of your F7 fuse?

Led is on over f7 so it is ok

#11592 6 years ago

I need some advise please. Just installed a Stern shaker kit on my metallica premium and having major problems with the hammer magnet and coffin feed. Most times the ball will dislodge from the hammer magnet when the shaker activates and a few times the ball had jammed trying to enter the coffin lock. While shaking its offsets the ball to the right of the coffin path and the jam when the magnet coil tries to go up to the playfield.

It seems like the magnet is not strong enough to keep the ball on its path both prior to the hammer coming down and if it succeeds there, entering the coffin lock is compromised.

Any suggestions?

I have had the ball release on the sparky magnet a couple of time too. I have tried all three settings moderate, minimal and maximal and the only mode I have had fault free games is setting 'None'

#11593 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

In addition to what everybody else is saying to check, also confirm the diode and wires are properly attached while you are looking at it. One owner had the diode missing and I had a wire attached to the wrong lug, getting all kinds of unexplained behavior.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-delay-on-metallica-pro/page/4#post-3046162

#11594 6 years ago

Just wondering if the snake jaw is supposed to be flush with the PF? If so, how do you adjust?

Here are some pics of my snake with the jaw open.

IMG_2368 (resized).JPGIMG_2368 (resized).JPG

IMG_2367 (resized).JPGIMG_2367 (resized).JPG

#11595 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Just wondering if the snake jaw is supposed to be flush with the PF? If so, how do you adjust?

I don't own a premium/LE, but isn't there a screw underneath to adjust the height?

#11596 6 years ago

Quick question - where do I buy the spinners mod to add to my MET Pro?

#11597 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Quick question - where do I buy the spinners mod to add to my MET Pro?

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p90/Metallica-Pro-Spinners-Kit-Pinball-Mod

If you want to go all out, you should also install TimeBandit's Total Lightshow mod with the spinner sound caller add-on kit. It takes the game to an 11 ...

http://redshiftled.com.au/new-store.php#!/Stern-Metallica-Pro/p/66969076/category=8760005

#11599 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p90/Metallica-Pro-Spinners-Kit-Pinball-Mod
If you want to go all out, you should also install TimeBandit's Total Lightshow mod with the spinner sound caller add-on kit. It takes the game to an 11 ...
http://redshiftled.com.au/new-store.php#!/Stern-Metallica-Pro/p/66969076/category=8760005

Agreed. And if you go Total Lightshow then you can also add the Rising Gravemarker, which I love on our Metallica Pro.

#11600 6 years ago

I added my custom topper tonight. I pre-ordered the Metallica Pops! as soon as I saw they were coming out. My only disappointment is that they aren't bobble heads, instead they are fixed. I was hoping for the headbanging when the shaker fires I plan to add an led strip below them and facing them to give a spotlight effect. Will see how it comes out.

37118751452_ecc49ef462_k (resized).jpg37118751452_ecc49ef462_k (resized).jpg37148685171_61b092c067_k (resized).jpg37148685171_61b092c067_k (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.