IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 433.
#11501 6 years ago

I have a brand new Metallica Snake Mod. $35 free shipping. PM me if your interested. Accept Paypal.

Thanks

IMG_2326 (resized).JPGIMG_2326 (resized).JPG

#11503 6 years ago

Where was it from please?

#11505 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

After receiving no contact of any kind from him for over two weeks, this just quietly showed up from iamdarras today. Not good customer service at all, but the man finally followed through.

This is a nice mod but I recommend playing a smartphone screen protector over it. They have no glue so should be safe to remove if ever needed. My first one got damaged rather quickly.

#11506 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is a nice mod but I recommend playing a smartphone screen protector over it. They have no glue so should be safe to remove if ever needed. My first one got damaged rather quickly.

Or just throw that garbage away and use the skull mod which goes under the PF

#11507 6 years ago

I like the eyeball decal better than that skull mod because I think it blends in nicely with the playfield artwork. But that's why there are options.

#11508 6 years ago

I like the eyeballs better as well. Skulls can be overdone

#11509 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Or just throw that garbage away and use the skull mod which goes under the PF

I got the eyeball one because it looks way better. Don't get so butt hurt over it.

#11510 6 years ago

I had the eyeball one on it for about a year, but switched to the skulls after 1000+ games caused the corner to keep coming up. Didn't want to use mylar or cell phone screen protector. Plus, the skulls are so much easier to tell how many balls are locked (and they look more menacing than the eyeballs). Also, I like the ability to make a choice without others telling me what I should have chosen instead of my personal preference. And I like cats...black cats.

#11511 6 years ago

Last call on Metallica.
I had an Premium on order. But got a call from the distributor, stern wont be making any more Premiums.
So go Pro or no Metallica at all..

#11512 6 years ago

Quick question about sound settings. You can adjust music volume by itself as well as attenuation, I can't seem to get much out of either, music still seems too quiet compared to the rest of the game sounds. Just curious what you guys have it set to....

#11513 6 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

Last call on Metallica.
I had an Premium on order. But got a call from the distributor, stern wont be making any more Premiums.
So go Pro or no Metallica at all..

Pinballs.com has premiums still - got mine there

#11514 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

If they only would ship to sweden

Changed to a Pro instead. Better a pro than no Metallica at all.

#11515 6 years ago

If your willing to pay a premium price, one of these pros is like no other. Totally worth it. I have one. mipinballrefinery.com

#11516 6 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

If they only would ship to sweden
Changed to a Pro instead. Better a pro than no Metallica at all.

Get the light Show mod and who cares? The pro of this is amazing.

#11517 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Your Metallica has the metal head? There website picture shows the old wooden head but I would prefer the newer run with the metal head.

#11518 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Your Metallica has the metal head? There website picture shows the old wooden head but I would prefer the newer run with the metal head.

Not sure honestly which head

#11519 6 years ago

Just brought home a HUO pro. Love getting a pic when the deal is done and the pin is loaded! Kind of an optical illusion. Doesn't look like it fits in that space.
hauler (resized).jpghauler (resized).jpg

It's a 2013 with LEDs and a shaker installed and the playflield looks great. It came with cliffys and protectors that I'm installing.

Question -
The gravestone magnet looks flat with no wear, but the Sparky Magnet is hammered in to a perfect mushroom shape. It is smoothed over the the edges of the playflield. It seems to be protecting the playfield, and I doubt the protector cliffy ring will fit around it. Probably leave it as it. What do you guys think?

magnet (resized).JPGmagnet (resized).JPG
level (resized).JPGlevel (resized).JPG

#11520 6 years ago

Personally, I'd replace it ASAP. You can see in the pic that it's starting to damage the clear and it will only get worse.

Welcome to the club.

#11521 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Just brought home a HUO pro. Love getting a pic when the deal is done and the pin is loaded! Kind of an optical illusion. Doesn't look like it fits in that space.

It's a 2013 with LEDs and a shaker installed and the playflield looks great. It came with cliffys and protectors that I'm installing.
Question -
The gravestone magnet looks flat with no wear, but the Sparky Magnet is hammered in to a perfect mushroom shape. It is smoothed over the the edges of the playflield. It seems to be protecting the playfield, and I doubt the protector cliffy ring will fit around it. Probably leave it as it. What do you guys think?

You need to be really really careful with that. Because of the way it's mushroomed that might not fit downward through the playfield without doing damage. The ideal way to get it out would be to unscrew the nut below and then screw the magnetic post upward and out through the playfield from above. The problem is that Stern puts tons of Locktite on that nut from the factory and it is sometimes a bitch to get lose without a huge wrench and a torch to loosen things up.

#11522 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Stern puts tons of Locktite on that nut from the factory

OK, thats good to know. Acetone should help with the locktite. Time to order a core.

#11523 6 years ago

Always remove magnet cores by screwing up through the top. And definitely replace that one, it needs it. All you really need is a big wrench and a large flat blade screwdriver.

#11524 6 years ago

Hey guys, I've been having an occasional issue with the coffin lock magnet on my premium. Every once and a while the magnet will just let go of the ball while the drop and lock sequence is going. It's not the end of the world for me but it did cost me a personal best score yesterday when it dropped the ball sdtm on me.

I see in there are feature adjustments for the coffin #91-#93 but I don't really understand what they mean. My manual doesn't cover the feature adjustment definitions, only the standard ones. Anyone able to direct me to somewhere that I could maybe get a printable set of feature adjustment definitions to add to my owner manual?

Or if someone just happens to know what those 3 adjustments mean that would work too.

Thanks.

#11525 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

After reseating everything , my GI lights are back. I am still getting some flicker at random times that aren't part of the normal light show. I'm currently corresponding with pat at stern via email to get everything figured out and back to 100%

Did you get this resolved 100%?

I've been having a few more issues with mine recently and wonder whether I need to buy a new data cable

#11526 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Did you get this resolved 100%?
I've been having a few more issues with mine recently and wonder whether I need to buy a new data cable

I did get my lighting fixed. It wasn't the data cable at all. A 3 pin connector (on the top right corner of the board) on my GI driver board wasn't staying tight. Stern sent me a new Driver pcb and wire harness and now everything is perfect again.

#11527 6 years ago

I'm thinking about changing out my Metpro for a new MetPre. Anyone know a good/decent price range to look out for as I shop around? Also, will these still be produced into 2018?

#11528 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I'm thinking about changing out my Metpro for a new MetPre. Anyone know a good/decent price range to look out for as I shop around? Also, will these still be produced into 2018?

I just bought a low play (130) premium about 2 months ago for $6100 shipped. It's my first pin but I thought the price was fair and it was worth every penny to me. I was originally in the market for a NIB pro but was having trouble finding one so I went up a peg and got a nice pre. From what I've heard there will be no more premiums made from here on out, only pros.

#11529 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

I just bought a low play (130) premium about 2 months ago for $6100 shipped. It's my first pin but I thought the price was fair and it was worth every penny to me. I was originally in the market for a NIB pro but was having trouble finding one so I went up a peg and got a nice pre. From what I've heard there will be no more premiums made from here on out, only pros.

Not sure if they'll still be making pros either...

#11530 6 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Not sure if they'll still be making pros either...

When I was talking on the phone with my distributor 2 weeks ago about troubleshooting a lighting issue I had he was saying he was just over at stern and the word he had gotten was that they would continue to make pros but had no timeframe of when the next production run was. Of course this was second hand info to me and third hand to you so take it for what it's worth I guess. My premium will never leave my gameroom so at least I got that covered

#11531 6 years ago

They said the same about AC/DC, as long as there is a demand for them, Stern will build them.

#11532 6 years ago

Anyone here watch straight down the middle on YouTube? These guys (mostly Zach) don't like this game very much. I find it mind blowing, as this is one of my all time favorites. And yet, he loves crappy Ghostbusters. It's like I'm taking crazy pills or something.

#11533 6 years ago

I don't watch them, I just watch John's Arcade and random pinball tutorials to see what games I might want.

#11534 6 years ago

Does anyone have a spare apron decal for the upper right on a Pro?

I have a new run Pro with the warning text rather than the band.

#11535 6 years ago

The magnet on coffin multiball suddenly stopped working - i realized it after i hadn't got a locked ball in a while - any suggestions? Thanks in advance

#11536 6 years ago

i had to change my magnet board , thats the only repair ive ever had to do to mine.

#11537 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Anyone here watch straight down the middle on YouTube? These guys (mostly Zach) don't like this game very much. I find it mind blowing, as this is one of my all time favorites. And yet, he loves crappy Ghostbusters. It's like I'm taking crazy pills or something.

I have heard Zach dog games that I myself like, so I kind of take it with a grain of salt. I have met zach in person, bought a few pins from him, seems like an ok guy! Lol. I summed it up to we must just like different things!! And that's what makes pinball great. Myself, I can't stand ghostbusters. Loved the artwork and callouts but to play it just wasn't my cup of tea. So I sold mine!!

But like watching SDTM shows!!

#11538 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

The magnet on coffin multiball suddenly stopped working - i realized it after i hadn't got a locked ball in a while - any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Is it just the Hammer Magnet that is not working or are all your magnets out? Check F-7 which is the magnet fuse...Also check your magnet board under the PF...
Heree are some previous posts about this...
>>>> Quoted from roddog:

>>>> another 8 amp fuse blew in the F7 position.

<<F-7 is the magnet fuse... Is this a premium or an LE? If so check the magnet board under the PF to see if the ceramic resistor is still attached to the board. It's possible that the hammer magnet has locked on and blown the board in that case the fuse will keep blowing because the board is bad.

Phoebe

>>>>Quoted from roddog:

>>>>Thanks for the link. Here is the magnet board.

<<If that is the front of your magnet board there is no need to take a pic of the back...the resistor is GONE...look in the bottom of your cabinet and there will be a ceramic resistor laying in there somewhere and that is your problem.

Phoebe

#11539 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Is it just the Hammer Magnet that is not working or are all your magnets out? Check F-7 which is the magnet fuse...Also check your magnet board under the PF...
Heree are some previous posts about this...
>>>> Quoted from roddog:
>>>> another 8 amp fuse blew in the F7 position.
<<F-7 is the magnet fuse... Is this a premium or an LE? If so check the magnet board under the PF to see if the ceramic resistor is still attached to the board. It's possible that the hammer magnet has locked on and blown the board in that case the fuse will keep blowing because the board is bad.
Phoebe
>>>>Quoted from roddog:
>>>>Thanks for the link. Here is the magnet board.
<<If that is the front of your magnet board there is no need to take a pic of the back...the resistor is GONE...look in the bottom of your cabinet and there will be a ceramic resistor laying in there somewhere and that is your problem.
Phoebe

Only the hammer magnet. I will check your suggestions. Thank you

#11540 6 years ago

Should the hammer magnet catch a faster moving ball? Mine needs an indirect shot or a slow rollover to catch it.

#11541 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Should the hammer magnet catch a faster moving ball? Mine needs an indirect shot or a slow rollover to catch it.

Sounds normal.

Rob

#11542 6 years ago

Once again, my 10 year old made a Metallica pinball video. This time showing off the color DMD. I SWEAR he is doing this on his own. I am so proud. Lol

And yes. I know it's sorta bad parenting that he likes a game that swears so much. Lol.

#11543 6 years ago

Does anyone know what size the fuses are in Metallica - the manual says they are 5, 7, 3, 8, 4 amp etc slow blow but doesnt say the actual size. Thanks

#11544 6 years ago

Anyone have pics of where mylar should be placed on this? I have heard places like the lower apron area, but don't know exactly where. Also, has any form of protection been made for the edges of the drain in the form of a cliffy or something? I have seen instances of the drain chipping clear at the very edge.

#11545 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Anyone have pics of where mylar should be placed on this? I have heard places like the lower apron area, but don't know exactly where. Also, has any form of protection been made for the edges of the drain in the form of a cliffy or something? I have seen instances of the drain chipping clear at the very edge.

I think that is what people are referring to when they mention the lower apron, protecting the edge on the drain. I have taken clear and wrapped it around the edge.

#11546 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I think that is what people are referring to when they mention the lower apron, protecting the edge on the drain. I have taken clear and wrapped it around the edge.

Yeah, I didn't quite understand what they were referring to thinking that they meant the front face of the apron that the ball rolls against when it drains down the out lanes, which I have seen done to other machines that have metal aprons. But this apron is plastic, so I would deem it unnecessary personally. Basically what I want to know is, the key areas where mylar should be applied outside of the two areas that Stern has already applied it to.

#11547 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Does anyone know what size the fuses are in Metallica - the manual says they are 5, 7, 3, 8, 4 amp etc slow blow but doesnt say the actual size. Thanks

If you're referring to the magnet fuse, it is a 4amp slow blow...

Phoebe

#11548 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

If you're referring to the length, I'm pretty sure they're all the standard 1 1/4" fuses...

#11549 6 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

If you're referring to the length, I'm pretty sure they're all the standard 1 1/4" fuses...

thats what i wanted to know. Thanks

#11550 6 years ago

I just received my shaker motor from stern for my Metallica Premium. It came with an additional PCB, something to do with filtering for the flippers I think. Does anyone know if it is necessary and where does it go?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/231 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.