C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 434.
#11301 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sorry man. I checked my stash and this is all I have for Metallica.

Thanks for checking! Maybe someday I will find a source for it... email to Stern customer service has been ignored, of course...

#11302 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Okay, I'm still a noob to this game. What do the three lights in from of the piston shot (behind fuel), represent?

Each light represents one of the pop bumpers. On the dmd when the ball is in the pops it counts down hit numbers for each pop. I think the light on the fuel lane lights when the counter gets to zero.

I havent confirmed but i think you get more than one blown piston when the lights are on and u hit the piston shot.

Rick

#11303 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sorry man. I checked my stash and this is all I have for Metallica.

Hey LOTR_breath would you like to sell that middle decal? pleeeeeeease?

#11304 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Hey LOTR_breath would you like to sell that middle decal? pleeeeeeease?

I'd love the bottom one for my game.

#11305 6 years ago
Quoted from Staf:

i just have a metallica pro , and the skulls coffin mod was nowhere to be found , so i made one myself . all you need is one old scorecard cover , black sharpie and scissors . just wanted to share .

I am still selling the original through pinside shops or message me if interested.

#11306 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I am still selling the original through pinside shops or message me if interested.

For $5, it's not worth hunting down materials and taking time to make your own unless you just want something different. Get the original.

#11307 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I removed my eyeball coffin sticker MOD and put this one on in place of it...it's that sweet! Go all original 100%....cheap and worth it.

#11308 6 years ago

Maybe we will see the Arizona Department of Transportation at the Metallica show tonight?

DGaHL9bU0AA55g1 (resized).jpgDGaHL9bU0AA55g1 (resized).jpg

#11309 6 years ago

Does anyone know when Metallica will be produced at stern again? Have one ordered, but no info from my distrubutor.

Any inside tips?

#11310 6 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

Does anyone know when Metallica will be produced at stern again? Have one ordered, but no info from my distrubutor.
Any inside tips?

I bought one a few weeks ago and was told by my distributor that I bought his last one and he wasn't getting anymore from Stern. Great game you wont be disappointed!!!

#11311 6 years ago

I found one. They're not gonna be around much longer. So if you want one NIB you better hurry.

#11312 6 years ago

I just bout a Metallica Premium last week from CoinTaker, they had it in stock

#11313 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok, I own a Met pro. Tonight my wife and I were playing in tournament mode and she drained the ball SDTM and she had both flippers up. The ball was cruising and it immediately kicked out the next ball into the shooter lane (no delay). It was my turn but my chosen song wasn't playing. It played Kirks solo from Phantom Lord off Kill 'em All. We were a little confused as to how it happened and what was going on. After 15-20 seconds it switched to seek and destroy. Anyone had this happen. We haven't been able to reproduce it.

Thats odd. Did it give her the bonus on the display? I wonder if the ball that drianed was moving so fast that the balls in the trough acted like newton balls and popped the last one into shooter lane??? Then the game got confused??? Seems unlikely, but who knows? Strange things happen.

#11314 6 years ago
Quoted from davids1024:

I just bout a Metallica Premium last week from CoinTaker, they had it in stock

Do you know if they have another Premium? I want to get one soon just trying to decide if I want to do the Refinery Edition or not.

#11315 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I found one. They're not gonna be around much longer. So if you want one NIB you better hurry.

We Only got one distributor in Scandinavia.. I really hope they will make another run.

#11316 6 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Thats odd. Did it give her the bonus on the display? I wonder if the ball that drianed was moving so fast that the balls in the trough acted like newton balls and popped the last one into shooter lane??? Then the game got confused??? Seems unlikely, but who knows? Strange things happen.

It acted like that (a newton ball) but switched players. After playing Kirks solo it switched to seek and destroy (not the song I chose) and switched to my player. I assume it was some combo that the coders put in to do this...like an Easter egg...but we can't reproduce it. Only way we knew what was being played is because my wife is such a metal head she recognized the song.

#11317 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Do you know if they have another Premium? I want to get one soon just trying to decide if I want to do the Refinery Edition or not.

I have a Refinery Edition Pro. Used the money saved from not buying the premium to trick out the pro. The Refinery guys are great to work with. Would highly recommend! I even found someone on here to sell me a premium translite to make it a Promium

#11318 6 years ago

Would anyone be able to replace 3 songs for Met pro for me?

PM me if you would, thanks.

#11319 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I don't know if CoinTaker has any more in stock, best to call them, they are great to deal with

#11320 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It acted like that (a newton ball) but switched players. After playing Kirks solo it switched to seek and destroy (not the song I chose) and switched to my player. I assume it was some combo that the coders put in to do this...like an Easter egg...but we can't reproduce it. Only way we knew what was being played is because my wife is such a metal head she recognized the song.

Sounds more like a bug or glitch then a easter egg. Very strange.

#11321 6 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Sounds more like a bug or glitch then a easter egg. Very strange.

Bug, glitch...it was unexpected. Coders must have been toying with that sound. Just wondering if anyone else has had this...and if so, how to access it.

#11322 6 years ago

So anyone wanna chime in on the total light show mod for metallica pro? I've watched videos and it seems like the lights go back a LOT. Almost too much. Also it seems like every shot is a celebration. I wanted this, but now I'm unsure. Can I get some people's thoughts on this?

#11323 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So anyone wanna chime in on the total light show mod for metallica pro? I've watched videos and it seems like the lights go back a LOT. Almost too much. Also it seems like every shot is a celebration. I wanted this, but now I'm unsure. Can I get some people's thoughts on this?

Which one? If your talking about the UV strips that light up the sides, it is bright, but I feel very worth it. Although, in a very dark room it does make it hard to follow the ball if it's going nuts.

#11324 6 years ago

Does anyone have the Pingraffix Metallica PowerBladez installed on their Metallica? The ones with the electro-luminisoity. I'm going to be ordering a premium soon probably with refinery and I would like to have that mod in my game instead of the standard decal side art. I've seen the youtube videos and they look great but would just like to hear from some who currently have it in their game.

#11325 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Does anyone have the Pingraffix Metallica PowerBladez installed on their Metallica? The ones with the electro-luminisoity. I'm going to be ordering a premium soon probably with refinery and I would like to have that mod in my game instead of the standard decal side art. I've seen the youtube videos and they look great but would just like to hear from some who currently have it in their game.

I have a Refinery Edition Met pro with Pingrafixx PowerBladez set. Highly recommend

#11326 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Which one? If your talking about the UV strips that light up the sides, it is bright, but I feel very worth it. Although, in a very dark room it does make it hard to follow the ball if it's going nuts.

This one. You mean there's another one?!

#11327 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Would anyone be able to replace 3 songs for Met pro for me?
PM me if you would, thanks.

PM sent.

#11328 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

» YouTube video
This one. You mean there's another one?!

That's the best mod you can buy for a MET pro. Close Second is Colordmd.

If you have ever played a premium or LE, this mod gives you the same light experience on a pro. No more, no less.

#11329 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The videos I put up for Total Lightshow are demos of the capabilities, so there is an over-representation of effects. When you are in normal gameplay, the normal shots are quite subtle. In the videos you are almost always in a multiball where the jackpots are indeed celebrations. That particular video you have referenced is even more effects-heavy as it is a stacking demo, with everything active at once. A normal gameplay video is much more boring

And as Rens says, it is primarily a replication of the premium lightshow, so you can use that as a guide.

#11330 6 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

We Only got one distributor in Scandinavia.. I really hope they will make another run.

MeT and GoT are both done for 2017. This was posted on Stern's Facebook page a few months ago. There's also no guarantee of any more in 2018 either.

Rob

#11331 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That's the best mod you can buy for a MET pro. Close Second is Colordmd.
If you have ever played a premium or LE, this mod gives you the same light experience on a pro. No more, no less.

Def the best mod, it gives the same lighting as the premium for a fraction of the cost, easy to install and turns the game visually up to 11!

#11332 6 years ago

Okay. Thanks for the answer!!! I am excited to do it. Seems like a lot of work but that's part of the fun.

#11333 6 years ago

I'll be one of the newest members to the club later this week when my Met Monsters arrives...Shipping today - Thanks JJ @ GEX in CO!

This will be my first NIB, so are there any "must haves" for this new machine?

Thanks much! Cant wait to play...

#11334 6 years ago
Quoted from smacks:

I'll be one of the newest members to the club later this week when my Met Monsters arrives...Shipping today - Thanks JJ @ GEX in CO!
This will be my first NIB, so are there any "must haves" for this new machine?
Thanks much! Cant wait to play...

monsters premium?

things that I added to mine (straight out of the box), were as follows:
- colorDMD
- snake teeth (mezel mods)
- mystery hole light (mezel mods)
- cliffy protectors for the inlane rollovers (underneath the drop zone from the wireform ramps)
- cliffy and mantis protectors for the mystery scoop
- replaced the newton block with a newton ball assy
- changed out the pro type side rails and hinges with some kick-ass laser cut ones (with the metallica logo and 'M' [for the hinge])
- added a polk audio sub woofer
- added the increased length playfield plastic in front of sparky's legs/feet to eliminate air balls
- added the 5pc. playfield protector set
- added mylar rings around the sparky and hammer magnets
- changed the rubber to titan silicon rubber (flippers and all rings)
- changed the up/down post behind sparky to the metal one

#11335 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

monsters premium?

Yes, premium.

#11336 6 years ago

Could be the roadcase premium

#11337 6 years ago

Anybody attempted to "fix" their factory backbox speakers? I thought I read somewhere that you could desolder the cap on the left speaker for better sound out of them. Right now it seems as if most of the sound is coming from the cabinet speaker on the bottom. If anyone has done this let me know as I don't want to screw anything up. It appears the positive leads go to one speaker and the negatives to the other....if this is desoldered I'm not sure if it has to be rewired.
Yes I plan on a speaker upgrade but was looking for a solution for the time being.

#11338 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Anybody attempted to "fix" their factory backbox speakers? I thought I read somewhere that you could desolder the cap on the left speaker for better sound out of them. Right now it seems as if most of the sound is coming from the cabinet speaker on the bottom. If anyone has done this let me know as I don't want to screw anything up. It appears the positive leads go to one speaker and the negatives to the other....if this is desoldered I'm not sure if it has to be rewired.
Yes I plan on a speaker upgrade but was looking for a solution for the time being.

I'm also interested in hearing any solution here. I've got the music level to 15 and feel like if I don't have the volume 40+, I can barely hear the game.

Edit: I feel dumb. Apparently the reason I can barely hear the music is because I should not have the attenuation up all the way. The more you know..

#11339 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Is MET somehow wired differently than other Stern games? I've also noticed most of the sound coming from my cabinet speaker compared to other games.

#11340 6 years ago

I just got the game, how do I adjust the attenuation?

#11341 6 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

I just got the game, how do I adjust the attenuation?

Attenuation is in the menu settings. Mine is at factory. Left it that way because during the bonus screens after the ball the music cuts out. My problem is all the sound is coming from the bottom...at first I thought maybe the plugs were reversed on the boards in the back box for cabinet and back box speakers but they aren't. I was hoping that cap was the answer but don't want to screw anything up. Anyone ever alter theirs using stock setup?

#11342 6 years ago

Is it possible to change the songs that are on the Metallica machine? If there a is a song you want to add is there a way to do that or do you only have the songs that it comes with from the factory?

#11344 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Is it possible to change the songs that are on the Metallica machine? If there a is a song you want to add is there a way to do that or do you only have the songs that it comes with from the factory?

You can't add additional songs, but you can swap out songs for different ones using the software linked to above.

#11345 6 years ago

My Met Prem Monsters is being delivered tomorrow. Thanks @gexchange! My dilemma is that I've been busy and haven't gotten around to ordering the Cliffy protectors... I'm planning on ordering those today, but they won't be here in time for the un-boxing

Should I wait for the cliffies... or open it up and play it for a few days?

#11346 6 years ago
Quoted from smacks:

My Met Prem Monsters is being delivered tomorrow. Thanks gexchange! My dilemma is that I've been busy and haven't gotten around to ordering the Cliffy protectors... I'm planning on ordering those today, but they won't be here in time for the un-boxing
Should I wait for the cliffies... or open it up and play it for a few days?

Open it and play. Whatever minimal wear occurs will be covered by the cliffies when they arrive.

#11347 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

IDK if you stumbled on my thread, but I've mapped out everything I added to my Pinball Refinery MET Pro. You are correct, it does get wicked expensive if you go crazy like I did. Maybe the link will help you decide.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-1st-nib-met-led-pro-pinball-refinery-edition-22

#11348 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

MeT and GoT are both done for 2017. This was posted on Stern's Facebook page a few months ago. There's also no guarantee of any more in 2018 either.
Rob

No metallica for me in a while then..
Maybe an AFMSE untill Stern decides to make more

#11349 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

IDK if you stumbled on my thread, but I've mapped out everything I added to my Pinball Refinery MET Pro. You are correct, it does get wicked expensive if you go crazy like I did. Maybe the link will help you decide.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-1st-nib-met-led-pro-pinball-refinery-edition-22

HoakyPoaky, Hey thanks for sending me that link. I have been doing a lot of research on the Metallica Premium and the MI Refinery editions but no I hadn't seen your thread before. I've been on the fence for a bit now but I think that I've been persuaded to go ahead and do it. These machines are beautiful and the videos of them operating are very impressive to say the least. I never considered Metallica until I played it at a pinball arcade. Despite there being 20 other titles and many of them A list I found myself returning to Metallica over and over again and I put the most money in that one by far.
Now I have to break the news to my wife that not only do I want a new Pinball machine but this one will cost over $9000! Oh yeah and that doesn't include shipping. Everyone wish me luck. I've known I wanted this one for awhile now but the wife factor has been making me hesitate. Fortunately I did just sell my Addams Family so we do have the space and the money from that one will help cover the costs.

#11350 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

HoakyPoaky, Hey thanks for sending me that link. I have been doing a lot of research on the Metallica Premium and the MI Refinery editions but no I hadn't seen your thread before. I've been on the fence for a bit now but I think that I've been persuaded to go ahead and do it. These machines are beautiful and the videos of them operating are very impressive to say the least. I never considered Metallica until I played it at a pinball arcade. Despite there being 20 other titles and many of them A list I found myself returning to Metallica over and over again and I put the most money in that one by far.
Now I have to break the news to my wife that not only do I want a new Pinball machine but this one will cost over $9000! Oh yeah and that doesn't include shipping. Everyone wish me luck. I've known I wanted this one for awhile now but the wife factor has been making me hesitate. Fortunately I did just sell my Addams Family so we do have the space and the money from that one will help cover the costs.

Enough talk...time for action.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
$ 25.50
$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/227?hl=joncrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.