C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 434.
#11251 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

That actually sounds pretty cool. I'm thinking of Metallica Premium and I would probably want that feature for it as long as it doesn't cause any vibration damage to the cabinet or components over time. I guess that would be the only concern that I have but I guess these games are designed for that.

I love them as well especially when used creatively with the lighting/music. It can significantly add to the immersion of the theme.

As long as you buy a Stern shaker from somebody like pinball life, you'll be absolutely fine. The other aftermarket ones can be overly strong and require modification to tame them.

#11252 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice when I do get one I'm definitely going to put one in. I think I may place an add for an LE. I haven't seen any for sale for awhile but I'll see what happens. I've never cared about the rarity of LEs but I really like the artwork much better on the Metallica LE.

#11253 6 years ago

I received my Metallica Premium from CoinTaker today, have a bunch of mods on order including a colordmd. I still need to order a shaker motor, the stern ones are more expensive then aftermarket ones, and I heard some are to strong. Any suggestions on where to buy my shaker moter?

#11254 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

That actually sounds pretty cool. I'm thinking of Metallica Premium and I would probably want that feature for it as long as it doesn't cause any vibration damage to the cabinet or components over time. I guess that would be the only concern that I have but I guess these games are designed for that.

I have a few games with shakers. Come to Jersey and play

#11255 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Thanks for the advice when I do get one I'm definitely going to put one in. I think I may place an add for an LE. I haven't seen any for sale for awhile but I'll see what happens. I've never cared about the rarity of LEs but I really like the artwork much better on the Metallica LE.

I have a Refinery Edition Premium, and it is incredible. I would imagine you canstill order one from Pinball Refinery as long as they can get the NIB machines. It is the same artwork since it is the Premium, but it looks really nice with that purple armor.

This is the only pic I can find at the moment. I really need to take some pics of the gameroom in the new house one of these days.
[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/user/pcolson/media/Garage%20Arcade/IMG_1390.jpg.html][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/pcolson/Garage%20Arcade/IMG_1390.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

#11256 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have a Refinery Edition Premium, and it is incredible. I would imagine you canstill order one from Pinball Refinery as long as they can get the NIB machines. It is the same artwork since it is the Premium, but it looks really nice with that purple armor.
This is the only pic I can find at the moment. I really need to take some pics of the gameroom in the new house one of these days.

IMG_1390 (resized).JPGIMG_1390 (resized).JPG

#11257 6 years ago

Yeah that actually does look really good. Maybe I will get a NIB premium. I didn't think that there would be any NIBs left but I'll look into it and see what kind of a deal I could get. Maybe have them throw in the stern shaker with it. I really wish that I could have more than just three pinballs at a time. I don't have a dedicated room for my machines.

#11258 6 years ago
Quoted from davids1024:

Any suggestions on where to buy my shaker moter?

Pinballlife.com

#11259 6 years ago

Just had my first good game, 120,599,930. It was amazing. Multiballs everywhere (that doesn't sound right). 2 crank it ups. What a great game this is. I know I just bought it a week and a half ago, but I've put in about 260 games and I still love it. I guess I'm not saying anything you all don't know as this is the Metallica club, just need to get it out. Carry on.

#11260 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Yeah that actually does look really good. Maybe I will get a NIB premium. I didn't think that there would be any NIBs left but I'll look into it and see what kind of a deal I could get. Maybe have them throw in the stern shaker with it. I really wish that I could have more than just three pinballs at a time. I don't have a dedicated room for my machines.

I love my monsters premium, highly recommended.

#11261 6 years ago

agree, pinball life for shaker motors if not going with the Stern. I have PBL in our Metallica Pro and ghostbusters Prem. They're PERFECT and very very easy to install.

#11262 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

agree, pinball life for shaker motors if not going with the Stern. I have PBL in our Metallica Pro and ghostbusters Prem. They're PERFECT and very very easy to install.

I have the CT red tremor in my met pro. Gets a little wild but all good!

#11263 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Maybe I will get a NIB premium.

There's a good looking premium in the marketplace for $5995

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-monster-premium

And the shaker motor is a must! If you're worried about too much cabinet vibration, put some felt or something between the cabinet and the shaker when you mount it. I put in a few strips of recycled denim that came with my soundproofing insulation. Still shakes very well, but doesn't rattle the cabinet like I've felt in some. You can also adjust the weight on the shaker inside to make it stronger or weaker. There are also adjustments in the menu that control the shaker.

#11264 6 years ago
#11265 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I wish I seen this sooner. This guy just screwed me as well. I had to contact Paypal and I hope I can get a refund.

Guess i was lucky. I picked up an eyeball coffin sticker and a snake head with red leds from him years ago. Didnt have a bit of issue.

#11266 6 years ago

New member here, bought a Metallica Pro a few weeks ago. Read this entire thread...

Check out this Enter Sandman cover, music starts at 1:40, you'll like it if you give it a chance.

#11267 6 years ago

So where can I buy an eyeball sticker for the coffin without getting ripped off?

#11268 6 years ago

You should get the $5 skull insert instead

#11269 6 years ago
#11270 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This.

#11271 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is this a decal or does it go in the insert from below?

#11273 6 years ago

As a business owner I cant understand why its so hard to take the product stuff it in a envelope and put a stamp on it and ship it out in a timely fashion or at least respond to a email or Paypal email that says there is a issue. I looked on his website and he looks like he is busy selling 'F#ck Trump sweatshirts and other unhinged attire. Avoid this guy for sure!!!

yeah I'm not defending him at all. If he's ripping peeps off then he should stop being and ass and respond/refund. As you say site appears to have just clothing and no pinball stuff anymore.

#11274 6 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

yeah I'm not defending him at all. If he's ripping peeps off then he should stop being and ass and respond/refund. As you say site appears to have just clothing and no pinball stuff anymore.

I'm surprised he's still selling pinball stuff. He was the first to rip off Pinbits plastic sling protector design and sell them on Pinside. Some guys called him out on it and he had a meltdown and left. Now there's a number of guys ripping off the Pinbits design.

#11275 6 years ago
#11276 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/user/pcolson/media/Garage%20Arcade/IMG_1390.jpg.html][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/pcolson/Garage%20Arcade/IMG_1390.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I'm glad you told me about the Refinery Metallicas. I've been looking at the Refinery Edition Premium. I'm seriously thinking of getting one but just weighing the cost of it. I looked at their website and the quote is over $9000 with the mods that I selected. I probably don't need to say That's a lot of money for most people. Since you got one recently does that price sound about right? Also, could you let me know where the refinery games are located. I was just wondering if I would be able to go pick it up if I bought one. I had a bad shipping experience before and would prefer not to ship if possible. Thanks.

#11277 6 years ago

If someone out there has one of these laying around I would like to purchase one. I have a friend who owns a graphic design shop and could have him make 50 of these and would sell them for $2.00 a piece so that other Metallica owners who want this could get one without getting screwed like I and others have.

Would yours be printed on the plastic cling type material, that's what the others were made of.

#11278 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Would yours be printed on the plastic cling type material, that's what the others were made of.

I bought one of the original ones. It wasn't plastic cling. It was just a sticker.

#11279 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I bought one of the original ones. It wasn't plastic cling. It was just a sticker.

Oh, mine was cling stuff.

#11280 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I'm glad you told me about the Refinery Metallicas. I've been looking at the Refinery Edition Premium. I'm seriously thinking of getting one but just weighing the cost of it. I looked at their website and the quote is over $9000 with the mods that I selected. I probably don't need to say That's a lot of money for most people. Since you got one recently does that price sound about right? Also, could you let me know where the refinery games are located. I was just wondering if I would be able to go pick it up if I bought one. I had a bad shipping experience before and would prefer not to ship if possible. Thanks.

That sounds about right for one that has most of the options. Steve would be the closest to you, but I can't remember which state he is in. HemiOrange09

It is an expensive machine, but you can save money by not selecting some of the options. Mine is fully loaded, and I can't think of a single mod on it that I would give up to lower the cost. This is one of those things where every piece just adds to the experience.

#11281 6 years ago

Steve is in west michigan

#11282 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Can you post a pic of the one you need? I've been to a boatload of launch parties and have some stickers and plastics.

This is the one I'm looking for... many thanks in advance LOTR_breath if you happen to have one that you wouldn't mind parting with.

metprodecal (resized).jpgmetprodecal (resized).jpg

#11284 6 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

This is the one I'm looking for... many thanks in advance if you happen to have one that you wouldn't mind parting with.

So you WANT the warning decal?!

#11285 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So you WANT the warning decal?!

No I want to replace it with the one with just the artwork, unscathed by the stupid seizure warning verbiage...

#11286 6 years ago

You will have to get both sides, so you dont have 3 on one side and 2 on the other

#11287 6 years ago

i just have a metallica pro , and the skulls coffin mod was nowhere to be found , so i made one myself . all you need is one old scorecard cover , black sharpie and scissors . just wanted to share .

20170802_123937[1] (resized).jpg20170802_123937[1] (resized).jpg

20170802_135316[1] (resized).jpg20170802_135316[1] (resized).jpg

20170802_135535[1] (resized).jpg20170802_135535[1] (resized).jpg

#11288 6 years ago
Quoted from Staf:

i just have a metallica pro , and the skulls coffin mod was nowhere to be found , so i made one myself . all you need is one old scorecard cover , black sharpie and scissors . just wanted to share .

Nice job!

#11289 6 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

For the pickier pinsiders, I've designed a drop in mod that drastically reduces the light bleed around cross inserts. Check them out. Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1087-wcp/00873-cross-pattern-light-blocking-insert-metallica-pinball

Finally got around to installing this inserts on my MET. Not sure why it took me so long because it was only a 5 minute job. I doubt anyone is going to notice they are there except me but that's okay. Inserts just look like how they are supposed to be when lit and parts look stock. Very happy with this mod.

Also, great job on that skull insert. I forget who was selling it at first but I got one. So simple yet effective. Another mod that just looks right. Wish Stern focused on details like this more on their games. Thanks for all you guys making these kind of mods and selling them.

#11290 6 years ago

I love the do it yourself skull mod!!! But, what is a score card? Where would I find that? I wanna make one of these for myself now!

#11291 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I love the do it yourself skull mod!!! But, what is a score card? Where would I find that? I wanna make one of these for myself now!

score or instruction card cover .

20170802_181737[1] (resized).jpg20170802_181737[1] (resized).jpg

#11292 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Finally got around to installing this inserts on my MET. Not sure why it took me so long because it was only a 5 minute job. I doubt anyone is going to notice they are there except me but that's okay.

Glad they worked out for you! Same here. I'm the only one that will notice it, and my wife thinks we're all crazy

I've been getting a lot of questions about availability for premium and LE models. With the light boards, and one insert tucked partially under a subway, there is a completely different design in the works. I'm tweaking the design with the help of j_m_ to get it perfect. Thanks for all who have inquired. I'll update once completed. It's a slow process since I do not have a premium machine to work with (and of course, life/work has been getting in the way).

#11293 6 years ago
Quoted from Staf:

score or instruction card cover .

Ah thank you. So how did you adhere it to the bottom?

#11294 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Ah thank you. So how did you adhere it to the bottom?

just cut it a little bit bigger , than the coffin insert under the playfield , then pushe it in , it will stay in place .

#11295 6 years ago

Okay, I'm still a noob to this game. What do the three lights in from of the piston shot (behind fuel), represent?

#11296 6 years ago

just canceled my star wars premium and went with metallica premium. Ordered shaker motor, snake fangs, tongue decal, 2d and 3d from graffix, mystery hole protector, and shooter cliffy. Anything Im missing?

too much unknown with the sw premium, thought better to wait and see and go with this met winner in meantime

#11297 6 years ago

Congrats^^^^^^^ may the force be with you

#11298 6 years ago
Quoted from Shrumdog:

just canceled my star wars premium and went with metallica premium. Ordered shaker motor, snake fangs, tongue decal, 2d and 3d from graffix, mystery hole protector, and shooter cliffy. Anything Im missing?
too much unknown with the sw premium, thought better to wait and see and go with this met winner in meantime

I think most of us have swapped out the block under the hammer with a captive ball. It makes the shot better. Also, the plastic post to block the orbit shot usually rebounds back down the orbit instead of dropping the ball down to the pops. There is a metal post you can swap in to fix that. The links to both are somewhere in this thread.

ColorDMD is a great upgrade. I have the Flipper Fidelity speakers in mine, and they sound great.

Also check out Pinball Refinery's site. Any of the mods they have there are good additions.

There is also a plastic piece you can get to stop airballs off of Sparky, and that is a great upgrade.

#11299 6 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

This is the one I'm looking for... many thanks in advance lotr_breath if you happen to have one that you wouldn't mind parting with.

Sorry man. I checked my stash and this is all I have for Metallica.

20170803_175027 (resized).jpg20170803_175027 (resized).jpg

#11300 6 years ago

Ok, I own a Met pro. Tonight my wife and I were playing in tournament mode and she drained the ball SDTM and she had both flippers up. The ball was cruising and it immediately kicked out the next ball into the shooter lane (no delay). It was my turn but my chosen song wasn't playing. It played Kirks solo from Phantom Lord off Kill 'em All. We were a little confused as to how it happened and what was going on. After 15-20 seconds it switched to seek and destroy. Anyone had this happen. We haven't been able to reproduce it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/226 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.