IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 433.
#11101 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I couldn't get a good look at where your shooter tip is compared to the ball at rest. For some reason the Stern shooter rods are a bit shorter than most. I have replaced most of my shooter rods on my Stern games to get the tip of the plunger touching the ball at rest. If it isn't touching, the shooter rod has to go past its resting point to get any force on the ball. Which makes it a very weak plunge. Swapping out the shooter rod with any aftermarket one makes the plunge so much simpler. If it is the auto launch mech that is giving you fits, there are a lot of threads with fixes for that.
Here is a picture of my stock Iron Man shooter rod next to the new one I bought, a bit of difference in length.

I have an aftermarket one that is longer and pushes up against the ball like you mentioned. I actually tried putting some wahers to make it shorter to sit more like a stock stern so the tip is behind the ball.

The issue happends on both auto launch and manual plunge. I am thinking its that Metal fork ramp. It doesnt look centered but I dont know whats normal. Can you take a look at yours and take a pic? I circled where I need you to focus on. the arrows that is painted on the playfield doesnt line up with the arrow on the metal fork. Is that supposed to be like that?

shooter (resized).jpgshooter (resized).jpg

#11102 6 years ago

I'll take some pics when I get home. I don't think that fork ramp should be slowing the ball down, as long as there is the correct amount of force, it will just guide it one way or another.

Did the ball always have an issues launching, or is this a new problem?

#11103 6 years ago

is not slowing the ball down. 1 out of every 4 or 5 shots hits the sides of the walls prior to leaving the shooter lane causing it not make its way up the obit all the way.

#11104 6 years ago

I have the same issue with any type of launch. Some launches seem to hit the rail or wall and rattle around. Replacing the shooter spring with the a green spring helped a but. But it's really fucking lame a simple ball launch won't work. My Mustang shoots buttery smooth and wish Metallica would do the same.

#11105 6 years ago

My machine was made in May 2016. It's not like its a first run model. POMC can you take a pic of your metal fork position?

#11106 6 years ago

My metallica pro is a 45% launch issue. hits something just after leaving the lane, causing it to not make the orbit and dribble back down the playfield.

Noticed this also on a buddies MOPLE but not as often.

#11107 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

My machine was made in May 2016. It's not like its a first run model. POMC can you take a pic of your metal fork position?

Here are some pics I just took.

https://goo.gl/photos/MALEqaq75hQQjwtg7

#11108 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

is not slowing the ball down. 1 out of every 4 or 5 shots hits the sides of the walls prior to leaving the shooter lane causing it not make its way up the obit all the way.

well, it's not easy to distiguish out normal options with your cliffy there...

since the ball fails with both manual plunger and auto, its either or both;

1. cliffy alignment
2. ball guide allignment in shooter lane.

i bent one of my ball guides a year or 2 ago in the shooter lane. visually inspect what the ball is bouncing off first/second/third maybe when you manually plunge. just my suggestion, good luck!

#11109 6 years ago

My folk is too far to the right. It looks like your folk is too far to the left.

#11110 6 years ago

I'll check mine when I get home as well.

#11111 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

well, it's not easy to distiguish out normal options with your cliffy there...
since the ball fails with both manual plunger and auto, its either or both;
1. cliffy alignment
2. ball guide allignment in shooter lane.
i bent one of my ball guides a year or 2 ago in the shooter lane. visually inspect what the ball is bouncing off first/second/third maybe when you manually plunge. just my suggestion, good luck!

How am I supposed to fix the ball guide alignment in the shooter lane?

#11112 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

How am I supposed to fix the ball guide alignment in the shooter lane?

i gently bent it with my fingers, the metal side rail ball guide on the left of the shooter lane. i would recommend plunging the ball, and see what its hitting first...that would be the problem child. i would assume either the bottom or the top could be adjusted if that is the problem.

i recall my balls would have too much movement side to side when auto plunging up the shooter lane, so this reduced movement.

#11113 6 years ago

The ball shouldnt be hitting the Metal side ball guide. The issue is metal fork that pushes the ball up the ramp. If its off center it would cause the ball to move therefore hitting the side. How doe you adjust that?

#11114 6 years ago

I had to bend the fork so that the left side was INTENTIONALLY higher than the right side. This fixed my problem. I got the idea from a long battle with my Shadow launch failing to clear the top of the ramp. After many trials with the Shadow, I fixed it by intentionally aligning the plunger NOT to strike the dead center of the ball. It is totally counter intuitive, but you might want to think along those lines to try to solve this.

Edit: Looking at the picture, a better description would be Left fork bent in front of right fork, not higher.

#11115 6 years ago

Here is a pic. Hope that helps.

20170707_151015 (resized).jpg20170707_151015 (resized).jpg

#11116 6 years ago

I think people are getting confused with what I mean by metal fork. Look at my picture with the blue circle a few posts up. That's the metal fork I am referring too and not an auto launcher.

#11117 6 years ago

Mine does seem pretty centered and have never had this issue. Wonder how you fix that?

#11118 6 years ago

GC at pintastic...not my best, but good enough for today. 262 mil.
I

20170707_185422 (resized).jpg20170707_185422 (resized).jpg

#11119 6 years ago

Never had a launch issue with my pro. Here is a pic of my fork. I wouldn't use the playfield grafix as reference. Mine isn't exactly centered over everything. The metal fork thing should be square against the right wood side. One thought is that yours may be leaning too much to one side. I would take the glass off and manual plunge a bunch. See what is hitting and where.

20170707_213503 (resized).jpg20170707_213503 (resized).jpg

#11120 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

GC at pintastic...not my best, but good enough for today. 262 mil.
I

Why is there a circus clown instead of Sparky? That's an odd "mod".

#11121 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why is there a circus clown instead of Sparky? That's an odd "mod".

Cause it looks bad ass.

#11122 6 years ago

Here is my fork and shooter lane.

I'm going to suggest you look at the metal piece just before the ball guide. Make sure it is a tad higher then the ball guide. Maybe the ball is catching on the lip?

IMG_3396 (resized).JPGIMG_3396 (resized).JPG

IMG_3397 (resized).JPGIMG_3397 (resized).JPG

IMG_3398 (resized).JPGIMG_3398 (resized).JPG

#11123 6 years ago

Just wanted to say that I saw Metallica a few days ago in Orlando, and it was one of the best concerts I have seen in 30 years. What a show!! Makes me want to fly out to another show on this tour and see them again. If you have a chance to see them, do it!! They put on a spectacular show!

19665610_10154454388912245_8466722604980775714_n (resized).jpg19665610_10154454388912245_8466722604980775714_n (resized).jpg

19702394_10154454554357245_5511665108593309624_n (resized).jpg19702394_10154454554357245_5511665108593309624_n (resized).jpg

#11124 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Just wanted to say that I saw Metallica a few days ago in Orlando, and it was one of the best concerts I have seen in 30 years. What a show!! Makes me want to fly out to another show on this tour and see them again. If you have a chance to see them, do it!! They put on a spectacular show!

Friends and us saw Metallica at the new MN Dome thing, the hell is it called?. And yes, they are crazy awesome in concert I would recommend ear protection

#11125 6 years ago

Does anyone know if this plug is disonnected by default on a premium/LE near the hammer magnet?

20170708_203430 (resized).jpg20170708_203430 (resized).jpg

#11126 6 years ago

Four inserts all in a row... if only that logic applied to the bulb holders too, but no....

This calls for a quick-bodge!

IMG_9681 (resized).JPGIMG_9681 (resized).JPG

#11127 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Four inserts all in a row... if only that logic applied to the bulb holders too, but no....
This calls for a quick-bodge!

Your solution to this problem is much cleaner than mine.

#11128 6 years ago

How can I find out if my MET is a SAM or Spike?

#11129 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Friends and us saw Metallica at the new MN Dome thing, the hell is it called?

US Bank Stadium

#11130 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How can I find out if my MET is a SAM or Spike?

It is SAM

#11131 6 years ago

After two days at pintastic, I had a chance to play the Star Wars pro multiple times and watch folks play it a lot as well. I was holding out to play the game befor making the decision to purchase a SW Premium. My opinion is that the pro is more fun to watch then play. The LCD screens and audio are great but you can't focus on the LCD screen while playing. The play field is just to bare for me. Perhaps the SW premium will change my mind once it comes out.
I was on a mission to play as many machines as possible and add something new to my collection.
After two days I decided to hold off on Star Wars for now and buy a Metallica Premium, I had loads of fun playing it and think it will look great next to my Star Trek Prem. Now I can start the mod process once I receive the game.
Does anyone know of a consolidated list or link of Metallica mods?

#11132 6 years ago
Quoted from davids1024:

Does anyone know of a consolidated list or link of Metallica mods?

Congrats, you will not be disappointed!

Here is my original "wish list" of MET mods I've kept close by for the past year. I have a couple yet to check off.

MET-mods-ultimate (resized).jpgMET-mods-ultimate (resized).jpg

#11133 6 years ago

Thanks!!!

#11134 6 years ago

Thanks for the mod list, there is a lot to choose from

#11135 6 years ago

I know I have read this here somewhere regarding flipper buzzing on Metallica and other Sterns. I have a MET Pro and my right flipper buzzes like crazy when you hold it up. Any suggestions as it does take away from the game a bit.

#11136 6 years ago

Have any MET Pro LED owners beefed up the 'M' ramp flashers at all? From the factory it's a Red 8ish-LED flasher firing up through a large round clear playfield insert into the red M-shaped gel on the ramps.

thinking about trying two of these: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/12chipcob.htm

#11137 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I know I have read this here somewhere regarding flipper buzzing on Metallica and other Sterns. I have a MET Pro and my right flipper buzzes like crazy when you hold it up. Any suggestions as it does take away from the game a bit.

I'm having the same issue, but with the left flipper... I know that the buzzing is considered normal, and the flipper seems to WORK fine, but since the other flipper doesn't buzz as much, there HAS to be a way to adjust the left one in some way to make the noise go away (or at least be less loud!)

#11138 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Quoted from parsonsaj:

I'm having the same issue, but with the left flipper... I know that the buzzing is considered normal, and the flipper seems to WORK fine, but since the other flipper doesn't buzz as much, there HAS to be a way to adjust the left one in some way to make the noise go away (or at least be less loud!)

Adjust the coil stop.

#11139 6 years ago

Flipper buzzing ? Crank the volume Up !

#11140 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Adjust the coil stop.

Thanks for the feedback - can you enlighten me on how to best do this??

#11141 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Flipper buzzing ? Crank the volume Up !

It is cranked and still a distraction thus asking how to remedy- only just started recently with about 300 plays

#11142 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Thanks for the feedback - can you enlighten me on how to best do this??

Loosen screws that secure the coil stop, might as well loosen the screws on the other side of the coil bracket too. Squeeze the assembly together to remove as much gap as possible and re-tighten.

#11143 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Loosen screws that secure the coil stop, might as well loosen the screws on the other side of the coil bracket too. Squeeze the assembly together to remove as much gap as possible and re-tighten.

HA! so that is what the buzzing is from!? Great tips guys! Now I kind of want one of mine to buzz so I can fix it

#11144 6 years ago

I just ignore it with a different kind of buzz.

#11145 6 years ago

What a night... first game after coming back from a week vacation. Just rocked it. What an amazing pin

SmartSelectImage_2017-07-10-19-39-58 (resized).pngSmartSelectImage_2017-07-10-19-39-58 (resized).png

#11146 6 years ago

Met Pro delivery scheduled for 1:30pm today. I have no idea how I will get through the rest of the day knowing it is sitting at home. I will post pictures once unboxed.

One question I have is what is the best way to plug in an external sub? I plan on buying a Polk 10" at some point but want to make sure I purchase all cables and associated hardware when I purchase the sub.

#11147 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

One question I have is what is the best way to plug in an external sub? I plan on buying a Polk 10" at some point but want to make sure I purchase all cables and associated hardware when I purchase the sub.

Speaker wire connected to the internal sub with alligator clips. Makes for an easy disconnect if you decide to sell in the future.

#11148 6 years ago

I used to have the wires for the sub clipped to the cabinet speaker, but then I got this and it was a great thing:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=38&osCsid=erh78dk6qhmng26v4skh4jv972

Not a huge investment, but a cleaner signal right from the board.

#11149 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Speaker wire connected to the internal sub with alligator clips. Makes for an easy disconnect if you decide to sell in the future.

Wired to the speaker-level input, or the low-level inputs? (i assume this sub has both, like my 2 Tannoys & 1 MissionM2s)

#11150 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Wired to the speaker-level input, or the low-level inputs? (i assume this sub has both, like my 2 Tannoys & 1 MissionM2s)

Speaker-level input since that is exactly what you are connecting it to.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/223 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.