C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 434.
#10951 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Here is what I use. It works great, has a customizable setting to dim when a game has started, and is much more affordable if you just want white LEDs to replace the fluorescent tube:
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/backbox-kits/4587457160

What's install like? Any cut wires and can it be reversed if you sell the game?

Man the glare off the backbox is now worse then the dmd

#10952 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What's install like? Any cut wires and can it be reversed if you sell the game?
Man the glare off the backbox is now worse then the dmd

Install is super easy, no cut wires or soldering and it's fully reversible with no sign it was ever there if you wanted. Just 3 easily placed alligator clips which can also be removed easily.

Instructions:
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/download/i/mark_dl/u/4012931980/4617469062/LED%20Dimming%20Backbox%20Board%20Installation%20Instructions.docx

#10953 6 years ago

Are there any Premium owners in the group that have installed my LED Insert Mod? If so, can you snap a picture of how you connected the mod? Looking for install pics to show other Premium owners how to install my mod.

Thanks!

#10954 6 years ago

I would be interested as well.

#10955 6 years ago

Hey All! Remember me? Im the dude who had an F5 and F7 fuse burn out on him.

Well, I bought a new magnet board and replaced those fuses with 8 amp slo blows. And ya know what? It seemed to work. I was playing the game today, however, and the flippers stopped working. Of course both of those fuses were destroyed. And now that I think about it, the hammer magnet never went off tonight. What the heck is going on? I am not sure how to debug this.

Should I just call a repairman to check it out?

#10956 6 years ago

Sunday bump? My question is kinda vague, but can someone provide tips on how to debug this? I love you guys.

#10957 6 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Well, I bought a new magnet board and replaced those fuses with 8 amp slo blows. And ya know what? It seemed to work. I was playing the game today, however, and the flippers stopped working. Of course both of those fuses were destroyed. And now that I think about it, the hammer magnet never went off tonight. What the heck is going on? I am not sure how to debug this.

Sounds like a board issue, if there are no issues with the mechs and wires below the pf.

My tron did a similar flipper fuse blow out and it was a transtor plus maybe some other issue, but I sent the boards off to Clive at the coin op cauldron.

#10958 6 years ago

Making myself a cnc'ed 3d topper , unfinished atm ... If I get interest I'll do more try to get modfather to paint them

20170611_190120 (resized).jpg20170611_190120 (resized).jpg

#10959 6 years ago
Quoted from jasong78:

Making myself a cnc'ed 3d topper , unfinished atm ... If I get interest I'll do more try to get modfather to paint them

Wait, wut, tell me more, what are you cutting that out of? Details! Looks interesting.

#10960 6 years ago

It's a great night...Metallica live in Houston TX....Oh Yeah!!!!

#10961 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wait, wut, tell me more, what are you cutting that out of? Details! Looks interesting.

Cutting it on 30lb hdu signboard so it can take some abuse

#10962 6 years ago
Quoted from jasong78:

I might be interested

#10963 6 years ago
Quoted from jasong78:

Hey that looks pretty cool. I imagine it would take days to paint one.

#10964 6 years ago

Keeps the names rolling then , working on some other titles and going to get some pricing soon

20170611_223748 (resized).jpg20170611_223748 (resized).jpg

#10966 6 years ago
Quoted from jasong78:

that looks awesme! Like to see it completed.

#10967 6 years ago

are you adding LED lighting?

#10968 6 years ago

Not at home so I can't check. Do the guitar pics bulbs have a wedge or bayonet base?

#10969 6 years ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

Do the guitar pics bulbs have a wedge or bayonet base?

If you're talking about the ones at the bottom near the flippers, on the Pro, i think they are two of each. Weird, huh?

#10970 6 years ago

So, I'm having really bad GI flicker on my Met Premium. Would like to fix it before a tourney on Sunday I'm hosting but can't figure out what the problem could be.

Sometimes when I cycle the power it goes away for a game or so but then the GI flicker returns.

Any ideas?

#10971 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, I'm having really bad GI flicker on my Met Premium. Would like to fix it before a tourney on Sunday I'm hosting but can't figure out what the problem could be.
Sometimes when I cycle the power it goes away for a game or so but then the GI flicker returns.
Any ideas?

All gi or only some?

Do you have the manual to see the matrix? Curious what line is common between them.

Is yours the original or led version? If original did you add leds?

Any other high power things have issues?

#10972 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

To hold the spot lights in,
I just use a wrap of electrical , black , tape around the led base.
Lift the wires on the bulb do a nice tight wrap, then bend the wires back into position ,
Good to go.

Thanks. I've been having problems with these popping out every 100 plays or so too. the other day it happened when I was on a killer run with about 150 mil on my second ball and extra ball lit. It messed up the throw out sensor because it fell all the way down. I had to stop the game and open it all up to dig it out. I tried getting rid of the spotlight bulbs that came with the game and replacing them with some super bright led bulbs but it still happens. I'm going to try this this weekend.

#10973 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

All gi or only some?
Do you have the manual to see the matrix? Curious what line is common between them.

Sounds like from the other thread it could be a connector or wire pulled to tight.

Hope you get it sorted tiger!

#10974 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

All gi or only some?

My magnet was blowing fuses a few months ago. I disconnected the under cab lights and it stopped blowing fuses. That's the only other issue I've had.

#10975 6 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Dude you are so close to Stern I would just call them up and have them fix it for you. All that shouldn't be happening I would say its safe to say you have a problem.

#10976 6 years ago

I finished wiring up the Sound Caller kit for the spinners and now am moving on to installing the rising cross.

20170616_103527 (resized).jpg20170616_103527 (resized).jpg

#10977 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I finished wiring up the Sound Caller kit for the spinners and now am moving on to installing the rising cross.

mmmmmm Going to be a sweet mod to a pro!

#10978 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This machine is going to be dope! (Do people still say that, haha?)

#10979 6 years ago

I just took a video showing the Total Lightshow with spinners and rising grave marker.

#10980 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just took a video showing the Total Lightshow with spinners and rising grave marker.

Awesome! How much was the rising cross mech, and where did you buy it?

#10981 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Awesome! How much was the rising cross mech, and where did you buy it?

I bought it from a fellow Pinsider who was upgrading to a Metallica LE and selling off his mods.

#10982 6 years ago

I think marco has it

#10983 6 years ago

They do, for the low low price of $289+shipping

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9810-00

#10984 6 years ago

Total light show, hooked spinners, rising cross, etc, and I was going to be close to the price of a premium. So I just sold my pro and bought a HUO prem with some mods and PC armor for a few hundred more. Absolutly love the hammer coffin lock too.

#10985 6 years ago

Wow, that's pricey! I guess I'll just have to wait for TimeBandit to come up with a more reasonably priced solution. As much as I'd like to add that to my game, I don't think I can possibly justify spending $300 for it.

#10986 6 years ago

Wonder if you guys could help me please. Have a premium and since NIB the snake has never directed the ball to the left flipper. It may go to the left sling, the left inlane, the left outlane, even hit the fuel target today. Is there a way to adjust this? I looked underneath and loosened 2 hex screws and 2 phillips head screws but could not move the assembly. Am I undoing the wrong screws? I also noticed the armature rod is not central to the holes where the ball would sit; more towards the front. It doesn't hit anywhere but is very much off centre.

I'm going to do the tongue, fang and snake body mod but was hoping to solve this prior to attempting these.

Am really stuck on this one guys and may need some finer details to what I have read.

#10987 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Wonder if you guys could help me please. Have a premium and since NIB the snake has never directed the ball to the left flipper. It may go to the left sling, the left inlane, the left outlane, even hit the fuel target today. Is there a way to adjust this? I looked underneath and loosened 2 hex screws and 2 phillips head screws but could not move the assembly. Am I undoing the wrong screws? I also noticed the armature rod is not central to the holes where the ball would sit; more towards the front. It doesn't hit anywhere but is very much off centre.
I'm going to do the tongue, fang and snake body mod but was hoping to solve this prior to attempting these.
Am really stuck on this one guys and may need some finer details to what I have read.

let me kindly direct you to these posts seeing as I had the exact same problem
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3521263

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3527474

#10989 6 years ago

If you plug a prem raising cross into a pro...is it even in the code to raise up? Or do you need timebandit's stuff?

#10990 6 years ago

I have 3 MET LED Insert Mods ready to ship. These are plug and play for the Pro, and require basic soldering for the Prem/LE

Order yours here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00828-stern-metallica-pro-led-insert-mod

6E8906DB-EE4D-4706-A7F6-9AB9F8A193D9-7894-00000AFA0B4C58BF_tmp (resized).png6E8906DB-EE4D-4706-A7F6-9AB9F8A193D9-7894-00000AFA0B4C58BF_tmp (resized).png

#10991 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If you plug a prem raising cross into a pro...is it even in the code to raise up? Or do you need timebandit's stuff?

You need timebandit's stuff to make the cross work on a Pro. I don't think there's anywhere to plug it into without timebandit's stuff.

#10992 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You need TimeBandit's kit. Just like the spinners, the game will recognize the switches if you properly tap into the matrix, but the pro code will ignore them.

#10993 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

I have 3 MET LED Insert Mods ready to ship. These are plug and play for the Pro, and require basic soldering for the Prem/LE
Order yours here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00828-stern-metallica-pro-led-insert-mod

This is the 16th post from you selling this mod, can we try and leave this thread ad free for a bit?

#10994 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

This is the 16th post from you selling this mod, can we try and leave this thread ad free for a bit?

Hmmmm you actually took the time to count them? If you don't like his postings scan past them or put him on ignore. You have the power.

#10995 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Just trying to rid the world of ugly Metallica Inserts. Feel free to ignore my posts

I will pay attention to the number of times I post my Insert Mod in this thread though. I definitely don't want to detract from all the good info in this thread.

#10996 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmmm you actually took the time to count them? If you don't like his postings scan past them or put him on ignore. You have the power.

Took me 30 seconds using search to 'count' them.

I appreciate Hank's mod, but I'd rather not have to scroll past the same ad that's been posted numerous times already - it dilutes the content of the intended purpose of this thread.

Isn't that what the Pinside Marketplace is for?

#10997 6 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Took me 30 seconds using search to 'count' them.
I appreciate Hank's mod, but I'd rather not have to scroll past the same ad that's been posted numerous times already - it dilutes the content of the intended purpose of this thread.
Isn't that what the Pinside Marketplace is for?

I think posts with people complaining dilutes the entire internet.

#10998 6 years ago

I'm confused as to what this mod is. the instructions say replace the old bulb with a l.e.d. light plate. Isn't that just another bulb with a colored piece of plastic that fits the insert?

#10999 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm confused as to what this mod is. the instructions say replace the old bulb with a l.e.d. light plate. Isn't that just another bulb with a colored piece of plastic that fits the insert?

It is a piece of polycarbonate that I attached 4 colored LED strips that plug directly into your current sockets. There is a pic below of the underside of the mod after it is installed. It creates a consistent colored fill without any hotspots like the standard bulbs used do.
Order yours here:
MET Insert LED Mod (resized).jpgMET Insert LED Mod (resized).jpgIMG_8216 (resized).JPGIMG_8216 (resized).JPG

MET Mod Back Side (resized).jpgMET Mod Back Side (resized).jpg

#11000 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Pretty much but it's a HUGE improvement. And it's plug n play meaning he did all the work for you! Go get one ya fool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/220?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.