Topic Stats

• 16,854 posts
  • 947 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Graysonsdad
  • Topic is favorited by 358 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16854 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 338.
#1051 5 years ago

Metallica is in the house, my first NIB! Code updated after leveling, and new shiny balls installed. I have a few mods to install but I'm taking a break. I unboxed it in the garage, moved it into house and set it up by myself. I've played half a dozen games so far and am loving it!

image-671.jpg
#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from Paladin:

Metallica is in the house, my first NIB! Code updated after leveling, and new shiny balls installed. I have a few mods to install but I'm taking a break. I unboxed it in the garage, moved it into house and set it up by myself. I've played half a dozen games so far and am loving it!

image-671.jpg 29 KB

Welcome to the Met club! The honeymoon seems to never end!

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Welcome to the Met club! The honeymoon seems to never end!

Congrats....nuthin like NIB.

#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from Paladin:

image-671.jpg 29 KB

Congrats!!!!!!

#1055 5 years ago

So ya. Pinball browser is addicting. Here is what I know. Unforgiven and Sad but true have to go. And even though I like ride the lightning song, it's just not agreeing with me in the pin. Plus, being able to toggle to creeping death for RTL mb is a bonus to switch out the song.

That said, I've found the call of Ktulu fits almost perfect in unforgivens spot. There's only one transition clip that sounds slightly awkward, and that's when the song is nearing an end since it's time length doesn't agree with unforgiven. Nonetheless, it makes for awesome playing music and fits great for initials and game over sequence, so it's staying.

Sad but true - I wanted to keep the snake representative of the black album and found that wherever I may roam sounds awesome when starting snake mb. Song fits very well. However, as a background song, there's a few cut clips that don't sound quite right, so the verdict is still out.

Ride the lightning > I tried a newer song - the judas kiss; love the song and actually fits pretty darn well in this spot. Problem is song length and intro are too long. I may revisit this song and cut up the intro some to get straight to the chorus faster. That said, I just tried harvester of sorrow and it sounds great for background pin playing music but because it's time length, the transition clips are too choppy and just isn't feeling right. So I'm now uploading the code with shortest straw in its spot. Straw has the exact same song length as ride the lightning so hoping it fits well.

That leaves one other song that's been bugging me and I think I jinxed myself cause I called aurich out for not liking it and that's one. Absolutely love the song during lady justice mode, but I may try another Pinsiders advice and go with 'and justice for all' in that spot. I'll report back if I do try that and will report back with how straw fits in RTLs spot.

Edit: and I don't feel right about changing the rest of the songs as they all play a primary role in the code and modes. Plus the other songs sound great for pinball - this game has taken me back to my high school Metallica love roots days lol. Love it.

Sorry for the long post; late Friday night and updating the code with these songs

#1056 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That leaves one other song that's been bugging me and I think I jinxed myself cause I called aurich out for not liking it and that's one.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

this game has taken me back to my high school Metallica love roots days lol. Love it.

lol, me too. I'd like to get more older material on the game, we'll see. The more the songs got integrated into the modes and game the more I thought I'd better just let them be.

#1057 5 years ago

Quick question if anyone could check for me; when your hammer locks, does the hammer stay down the whole time or does it kind of bounce up a bit then stay down? That make sense? So it hammers down bounces a hair up then stays down? I could have sworn earlier in the week when I played it just hammered down and stayed down so you couldn't see the release hole at anytime. Thoughts? Thanks

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Quick question if anyone could check for me; when your hammer locks, does the hammer stay down the whole time or does it kind of bounce up a bit then stay down? That make sense? So it hammers down bounces a hair up then stays down? I could have sworn earlier in the week when I played it just hammered down and stayed down so you couldn't see the release hole at anytime. Thoughts? Thanks

Mine has always bounced.

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So ya. Pinball browser is addicting. Here is what I know. Unforgiven and Sad but true have to go. And even though I like ride the lightning song, it's just not agreeing with me in the pin.

Here's the thing with RTL...It sucks the way they have the Sparky multiball starting 3:30ish into the song with a guitar solo...but I found a way to get it to start from the beginning, and it sounds GREAT!

Replace RTL with anything you want (I replaced it with Four Horsemen).

Replace Creeping Death with RTL. Now choose in the settings for CD (RTL) to only play during Sparky Multiball. Since the sound request for CD plays from the beginning, RTL will play from the beginning.

You lose CD, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make. If you really want to keep CD, replace one of the other songs with CD to get it back in.

I've posted this before, but here's my changes:

Unforgiven > Shortest Straw
Sad But True > Am I Evil?
One > And Justice for All
RTL > Four Horsemen
CD > RTL
Changed a random match call out > my daughter saying in a worried voice, "Mommy, where's Fluffy?"
Changed a random flipper button attract call out > my daugher saying, "Now I lay me down to sleep" with Enter Sandman guitar riff behind her.

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Mine has always bounced.

Quoted from Sparky:

Here's the thing with RTL...It sucks the way they have the Sparky multiball starting 3:30ish into the song with a guitar solo...but I found a way to get it to start from the beginning, and it sounds GREAT!
Replace RTL with anything you want (I replaced it with Four Horsemen).
Replace Creeping Death with RTL. Now choose in the settings for CD (RTL) to only play during Sparky Multiball. Since the sound request for CD plays from the beginning, RTL will play from the beginning.
You lose CD, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make. If you really want to keep CD, replace one of the other songs with CD to get it back in.
I've posted this before, but here's my changes:
Unforgiven > Shortest Straw
Sad But True > Am I Evil?
One > And Justice for All
RTL > Four Horsemen
CD > RTL
Changed a random match call out > my daughter saying in a worried voice, "Mommy, where's Fluffy?"
Changed a random flipper button attract call out > my daugher saying, "Now I lay me down to sleep" with Enter Sandman guitar riff behind her.

Hey thanks for the info! I may just try that!

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey thanks for the info! I may just try that!

In my example for playing RTL, because I've change the song title text, my choices in the settings for Sparky multiball are Four Horsemen and RTL. Since RTL is in the CD spot, you would be selecting correctly by selecting RTL.

#1062 5 years ago

Got it. I think I'm gonna give that a shot today. Gonna try using and justice for all in ONEs spot too as you suggested. Does the lady justice ramps still make the ONE double bass/guitar riff on made shots? I think it's a separate sound bit than the song?

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Got it. I think I'm gonna give that a shot today. Gonna try using and justice for all in ONEs spot too as you suggested. Does the lady justice ramps still make the ONE double bass/guitar riff on made shots? I think it's a separate sound bit than the song?

I would think the made shots sounds are still the same because they're independent of the music. Lady Justice mode would play "AJFA" in the same time spot as "One" did, which I believe starts about 3/4 of the way through the song. It's very fitting for the mode because it's a music only section of the song that starts to slow its pace as the mode starts to end.

I sent you a PM. I'll be home for another 45 mintues.

#1064 5 years ago

Pinball Browser update:

Sparky rocks!!!! His song recommendations are perfect. Here's what I ended up with and plan to keep at least until the next code update.

Four horsemen (replaces ride the lightning) - great song and fits well for a background song.
Ride the Lightning (replaces creeping death) - brilliant idea by sparky; putting RTL here fits sparky mb soooo much better than the factory position of RTL. Great change
And Justice for All (replaces ONE) - another great recommendation from sparky. Fits perfect in lady justice mode and the ONE double bass/guitar riff still exists for the mode because it's a separate sound bit. So no more over played ONE aurich
The Call of Ktulu (replaces unforgiven) - great background song and game over sequence song. And kicks unforgiven off the song list!
Wherever I may roam (replaces sad but true) - this song fits so well for snake mb, love it.

Rest of songs remain untouched as they play too much of a role in the rest of the modes.

Couple things to note; RTL and creeping death have the exact same song length so they replace each other perfectly. The other songs, I used audacity to give the longer songs a fade out sequence in its last 5-7 secs of the song. Also, if your using the browser don't forget to edit and change the song titles in the messages tab. You can click the 'override max characters' to properly rename the new songs.

Thanks sparky for the song help!

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pinball Browser update:
Sparky rocks!!!! His song recommendations are perfect...Thanks sparky for the song help!

Glad it worked out for you! Now let's work on getting some MDM's in your METLE and ST!

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Glad it worked out for you! Now let's work on getting some MDM's in your METLE and ST!

MDMs? Is that your video mod? I'm actually considering it. I have ST too, just waiting to free up some funds

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

MDMs? Is that your video mod? I'm actually considering it. I have ST too, just waiting to free up some funds

I have it on my Refinery Met Pro and love it. Here is where I put mine. I bent the MDM mounting support so the viewing angle is perfect. The hex post is from a PBB double spot light and works perfectly. I have one for my ST Pro also but haven't put it on yet.

IMGA0180.JPG IMGA0181.JPG
#1068 5 years ago

@ MustangPaul , can you post a pic a little further back showing the MDM placement ?

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have it on my Refinery Met Pro and love it. Here is where I put mine. I bent the MDM mounting support so the viewing angle is perfect. The hex post is from a PBB double spot light and works perfectly. I have one for my ST Pro also but haven't put it on yet.

What's a pbb Paul?

IMGA0180.JPG 228 KB

IMGA0181.JPG 190 KB

W

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

IMGA0180.JPG 228 KB

IMGA0181.JPG 190 KB

Paul, what is a PBB?

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Paul, what is a PBB?

Wrong Paul, but I am pretty sure he means pinballbulbs.com.

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

@ MustangPaul , can you post a pic a little further back showing the MDM placement ?

Sure, here ya go.

IMGA0183.JPG IMGA0182.JPG
#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Wrong Paul, but I am pretty sure he means pinballbulbs.com.

Yeah that what I meant.

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sure, here ya go.

Thanks

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sure, here ya go.

Yep, I'm definitely moving mine to that spot!

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yep, I'm definitely moving mine to that spot!

It's perfect, I find myself watching the vid before I plunge.

#1077 5 years ago

Nice! Gotta pick one up. Do you find it distracting during CIU modes when the lighting is darkened?

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! Gotta pick one up. Do you find it distracting during CIU modes when the lighting is darkened?

Not really, I'm to focused on the game then.

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pinball Browser update:
Sparky rocks!!!! His song recommendations are perfect. Here's what I ended up with and plan to keep at least until the next code update.
Four horsemen (replaces ride the lightning) - great song and fits well for a background song.
Ride the Lightning (replaces creeping death) - brilliant idea by sparky; putting RTL here fits sparky mb soooo much better than the factory position of RTL. Great change
And Justice for All (replaces ONE) - another great recommendation from sparky. Fits perfect in lady justice mode and the ONE double bass/guitar riff still exists for the mode because it's a separate sound bit. So no more over played ONE aurich
The Call of Ktulu (replaces unforgiven) - great background song and game over sequence song. And kicks unforgiven off the song list!
Wherever I may roam (replaces sad but true) - this song fits so well for snake mb, love it.
Rest of songs remain untouched as they play too much of a role in the rest of the modes.
Couple things to note; RTL and creeping death have the exact same song length so they replace each other perfectly. The other songs, I used audacity to give the longer songs a fade out sequence in its last 5-7 secs of the song. Also, if your using the browser don't forget to edit and change the song titles in the messages tab. You can click the 'override max characters' to properly rename the new songs.
Thanks sparky for the song help!

Another update
I decided to take and justice for all out and put ONE back in its place. It works much better for lady justice mode. I also took 4 horsemen out and replaced it with the judas kiss but edited out the first 1 1/2 mins so it starts at the good part. 4 horsemen is a better song but judas kiss is better for pinball (IMO), and it's nice to add a little of new flavor to the mix. I also took call of Ktulu out (unforgivens spot) and replaced it with harvester of sorrow. Song fits great for pinball background and has a nice touch to game over sequence.

So all in all, I have judas kiss replacing RTL. RTL replacing creeping death (thanks sparky), wherever I may roam replaces sad but true and harvester of sorrow replacing unforgiven.

I think I like this list and hope I can stick with it so I can start putting up some high scores

#1080 5 years ago

The ball on mine sometimes gets stuck in the left orbit as seen in the picture. This last time it is wedged pretty good so I'll need to take the glass off to investigate.

Rob

20140817_180054.jpg
#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The ball on mine sometimes gets stuck in the left orbit as seen in the picture. This last time it is wedged pretty good so I'll need to take the glass off to investigate.
Rob

20140817_180054.jpg 204 KB

Looks like thr ball guide on the left of the ball in that spot may be a bit tight. Maybe loosen it some and see if you can scooch it over some? Ill take some pics of mine in that area if you want for comparison. Just lemme know

#1082 5 years ago

You gotta quite using those cheap non reg balls. Just checked mine and I have a little less then 1/8th inch clearance.

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Looks like thr ball guide on the left of the ball in that spot may be a bit tight. Maybe loosen it some and see if you can scooch it over some? Ill take some pics of mine in that area if you want for comparison. Just lemme know

A comparison shot would be appreciated!

Rob

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You gotta quite using those cheap non reg balls. Just checked mine and I have a little less then 1/8th inch clearance.

I can't help it if I have big balls...

Rob

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

happend on mine too
and yep, the 2 balls guide are just a bit to close, and than...
"open" it a little and all gets OK

#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I can't help it if I have big balls...
Rob

and if you have big balls, simply request help from your girlfriend/wife...

#1087 5 years ago

I've had the ball get stuck right behind Sparky twice and the machine goes in to ball search and knocks it free.

#1088 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

A comparison shot would be appreciated!
Rob

I dunno how well these came out... but basically the whole way up I have about 1/16 inch extra space between the rails and the ball. I used a rag to keep the ball in the tightest spots to get a pic.

20140818_183319.jpg

20140818_183209.jpg

#1089 5 years ago

just physically bend the ball guide away from the orbit by hand (shouldn't take too much on each side)....mine did that right out of the factory, ball couldn't even go through or drop out.

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

just physically bend the ball guide away from the orbit by hand (shouldn't take too much on each side)

Easy fix....zero $$$.....unless you break something.

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Easy fix....zero $$$.....unless you break something.

I guess if you apply 60 lbs+ of torque to the ball guides by hand you could possibly break the ball guide post bolts that run all the way through the PF

#1092 5 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that sparky no longer does the Nanananoooo when activated? Since the new update I have yet to hear him say this as it was my favorite.. Am I just missing it or did they do away with it?

#1093 5 years ago

and this coming fro a guy by the name of "Ballsofsteel". Priceless.

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Has anyone else noticed that sparky no longer does the Nanananoooo when activated? Since the new update I have yet to hear him say this as it was my favorite.. Am I just missing it or did they do away with it?

Good question.

#1095 5 years ago

Just installed Sparky Pinball MDM and have to say it's awesome better than advertised! If your thinking about it....stop go order it! Seriously best mod I've added to my pro outside of PDI glass but dunno if PDI is a mod Well done Sparky!

#1096 5 years ago

Anyone had to change the flasher inside the cross on a pro? Mines out and just looking for some pointers before i dig in and fix it. Seems like removing the cross assemble from bottom and then working on it is the plan of attack. But if you all have pointers or gotchas to look for, id appreciate a heads up.

Thanks

#1097 5 years ago

did it as it, 3 screws under playflied, 3 more to "open" the cross (plastic & steel), and than done, its an easy 5 minutes job

have tried a green flash in it, its poor, now a red one, its nice

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

did it as it, 3 screws under playflied, 3 more to "open" the cross (plastic & steel), and than done, its an easy 5 minutes job
have tried a green flash in it, its poor, now a red one, its nice

Thanks i may tackle that later today. Ill try a led flasher, but may not look good or fit. I had an led flasher in my TFLE allspark and it was just too much hitting u in the face, so i put the bulb back in. Figure the cross may be a similar situation.

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

strange, I didnt' have to take my cross out, just pulled the flasher led from the bottom of it.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sure, here ya go.

IMGA0183.JPG 301 KB

IMGA0182.JPG 312 KB

Where can I go to buy this mod?
What does it hook into? Take my money....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 16854 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside