C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 434.
#10901 6 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Well shit. So I gotta buy a new board, huh? That's pinball!

Let me rephrase. Do I need to buy a new board? Is this repairable? I've soldered a thing once with yous guys' help!

Also, endless thanks to you all. You have aided me several times with my pins at moments when I have been very disheartened and frustrated. I can't believe how nice and helpful y'all are! You are why I love pinball so much!

#10902 6 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Let me rephrase. Do I need to buy a new board? Is this repairable? I've soldered a thing once with yous guys' help!
Also, endless thanks to you all. You have aided me several times with my pins at moments when I have been very disheartened and frustrated. I can't believe how nice and helpful y'all are! You are why I love pinball so much!

Well you are super close to Stern..... I would call Stern or just talk to a local distributor and you probably can get a board easy... the part FELL OFF! That is way different than a component just failing. Parts should not just fall off a board. Stern usually does a good job on handling small issues like this.

#10903 6 years ago

If I wanted to change the color of the F U E L lights on my premium, is it just a matter of swapping out LED's?

IMG_0362-300x225 (resized).jpgIMG_0362-300x225 (resized).jpg

#10904 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

If I wanted to change the color of the F U E L lights on my premium, is it just a matter of swapping out LED's?

No, you need to swap the LED boards or use gels to color them on Premium and LE models.

https://mezelmods.com/products/metallica-pinball-gel-inserts

#10905 6 years ago

Does someone make an LED board for this?

#10906 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

If that is the front of your magnet board there is no need to take a pic of the back...the resistor is GONE...look in the bottom of your cabinet and there will be a ceramic resistor laying in there somewhere and that is your problem.
Phoebe

Great eye Phoebe! Not just a fun gal to hang with....she really knows her stuff!

#10908 6 years ago

That's not for the f u e l letters in my pic.

#10909 6 years ago

I gave these away to pinsiders a while back. Heres a thread with some pics of my Xmen and Metallica with the gels inserted:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheap-xmen-le-lighting-mods

#10910 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

That's not for the f u e l letters in my pic.

Assuming you are happy with the colors, the same boards should work for either application.

#10911 6 years ago

If anyone is looking to swap out some songs, I found a great site for converting audio files. It's fast and free. My entire music collection is ripped in the Apple lossless codec, so I needed to convert the m4a files into mp3s before loading them into Audacity for editing. Here's a link to the site ...

http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3

#10912 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Assuming you are happy with the colors, the same boards should work for either application.

Really. Cool. Has anyone on this thread done that?

Also, does anyone know if the Habitrail mod is still for sale? I contacted seven but haven't heard back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-mod-bye-bye-ugly-ramp-plastic

#10913 6 years ago

Looking for a PREM monsters translite for awhile now.
If you happen to have one you can part with, please PM. Thx!

#10914 6 years ago

I see there are a few different backglass options. Some are interactive, some just convert the lamp to LED, and some are interactive. I was thinking about the LERMODS RGB option.
http://lermods.com/products/metallica-pinball-led-strip-backbox-light-kit

Any thoughts on which looks the best?

#10915 6 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Well shit. So I gotta buy a new board, huh? That's pinball!

Or do as suggested and replace the sand resistor that is missing from your existing board?

#10916 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

There is a cheaper way of doing this and much easier. Just buy some Red, Orange, Yellow & Green Super Band flipper rubbers & cut them to fit in the inserts & you will have a nice effect. I did this on my Road Case & it turned out great. Will post pics.

#10917 6 years ago

Here is what they look like using super bands as insert filters.

IMG_1927 (resized).JPGIMG_1927 (resized).JPG

IMG_1929 (resized).JPGIMG_1929 (resized).JPG

#10918 6 years ago

Can you take a pic of what it looks like underneath?

#10919 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

The fuel lights on the premium and the LE are controlled by one single board, not those single small LED boards. I did not like the look of the gels after I tried them, so I removed the light board and soldered wires into the open ports on the board. Then I installed color light boards under each insert. Came out much better in my opinion.

IMG_0945 (resized).JPGIMG_0945 (resized).JPG

IMG_0956 (resized).JPGIMG_0956 (resized).JPG

#10920 6 years ago

I love that helping hands contraption you have in your second pic. Where did you get it?

I am not sure I want to do the soldering. I may stick with the gel option.

#10921 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I love that helping hands contraption you have in your second pic.

Better than the helping knees in the first pic.

#10922 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I love that helping hands contraption you have in your second pic. Where did you get it?
I am not sure I want to do the soldering. I may stick with the gel option.

It is very simple to do the work. I actually changed out all of the sparky white inserts to blue as well. Some were just single board LED, while others were grouped into a triple board.

Here is the board holder I bought. https://www.amazon.com/Aven-17010-Adjustable-Circuit-Holder/dp/B00Q2TTQEE/ref=sr_1_13

#10923 6 years ago

So I swapped out every song in the game, and I'm not thrilled with the results. I have an external sub hooked up via alligator clips, and it seems like 90% of the sound is coming from the cabinet speaker, not the backbox speakers. This may have always been the case with this game, but now I'm hyper-focused on the music, and it really bugs me. Is there a way to give the whole system better balance?

#10924 6 years ago

My custom shooter.

20170224_190027 (resized).jpg20170224_190027 (resized).jpg

20170224_190105 (resized).jpg20170224_190105 (resized).jpg

#10925 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

My custom shooter.

You really don't mind grabbing that thing? I would hate it! Looks neat though.

#10926 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So I swapped out every song in the game, and I'm not thrilled with the results. I have an external sub hooked up via alligator clips, and it seems like 90% of the sound is coming from the cabinet speaker, not the backbox speakers. This may have always been the case with this game, but now I'm hyper-focused on the music, and it really bugs me. Is there a way to give the whole system better balance?

I also swapped out most of the songs and use an external sub connected with alligator clips. Can't say I've noticed any sound issue like that though, but will pay attention when playing in a bit.

#10927 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

My custom shooter.

By custom do you mean home-made?

#10928 6 years ago

It looks 3D printed.

#10929 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Can you take a pic of what it looks like underneath?

Here is a underneath pic

IMG_1931 (resized).JPGIMG_1931 (resized).JPG

#10930 6 years ago

how did you get those things to stay in there?

#10931 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

how did you get those things to stay in there?

Cut them to a tight fit and they give enough to hold them in place. Also the light board prevents them from falling out.

#10932 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking to buy a sparky to have painted. Anyone selling one or best price to buy? Thx

I know that Butterflygirl24 does the Sparkys and they are super quality. You might want to PM her.

#10933 6 years ago

Anybody have difficulty getting to Blackened mode? For some reason I am finding it very hard, I almost never see it!

#10934 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Anybody have difficulty getting to Blackened mode? For some reason I am finding it very hard, I almost never see it!

I get to it maybe once every ten or twenty games. You really have to hammer those guitar pics over and over. Or, change the settings to require less pick hits to reach Blackened. I left mine factory settings for that, but you can lower the requirements to get there faster. I never really pay attention to how close I am, until I hear that horse whinny. Best to get it during a multiball so you can hit more picks and pick up the band members and fuel lane bonuses.

#10935 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Buy that shit now, I didn't know they were even still being stocked, for a while you couldn't even get them. Never know when they'll go unavailable again!

pinball life has had sparky's in stock for the past 2 years. last year at the expo explosion, there were at least 3 or 5 sitting on the shelves

#10936 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Here is what they look like using super bands as insert filters.

Great idea, though I would swap the ones on the left around to match the ones in the middle, i.e. red for empty, green for full.

#10937 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

pinball life has had sparky's in stock for the past 2 years. last year at the expo explosion, there were at least 3 or 5 sitting on the shelves

I just remember when the option to buy the Dirty Donny ones came out and all the stock vanished. Maybe once they sold out on his they let more back into the channel.

#10938 6 years ago

I had asked asked this higher up in the thread. If anyone has an opinion please share. Thanks!

The backglass florescent is God aweful dim.
I see there are a few different backglass options. Some are interactive, some just convert the lamp to LED, and some have RGB capabilities. I was thinking about the LERMODS RGB option or the Rock custom for my Walking dead and Metallica.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/pinball-backbox-lighting-kits/products/metallica-pinball-interactive-back-box-light-kit?variant=36041488712

#10939 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I had asked asked this higher up in the thread. If anyone has an opinion please share. Thanks!
I see there are a few different backglass options. Some are interactive, some just convert the lamp to LED, and some have RGB capabilities. I was thinking about the LERMODS RGB option or the Rock custom for my Walking dead and Metallica.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/pinball-backbox-lighting-kits/products/metallica-pinball-interactive-back-box-light-kit?variant=36041488712

I have the Refinery board in my Refinery Pro and it's great. I wonder if they sell it. Never looked.

#10940 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have the Refinery board in my Refinery Pro and it's great. I wonder if they sell it. Never looked.

They do. I have it in my Refinery Premium, and it is great.

#10941 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Here is what I use. It works great, has a customizable setting to dim when a game has started, and is much more affordable if you just want white LEDs to replace the fluorescent tube:

http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/backbox-kits/4587457160

#10942 6 years ago

Here is what I use. It works great, has a customizable setting to dim when a game has started, and is much more affordable if you just want white LEDs to replace the fluorescent tube:

This is what I have as well. It eliminates BG glare and works perfect.

#10943 6 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Never installed. Includes shipping”
2017-07-17
Los Angeles, CA
Archived after: 451 days
Viewed: 186 times

#10944 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

interesting and reasonably priced. I am not crazy with the fact it requires you to clip on to the transistors on the main board. Is there a chance the transistors can blow out if one of those alligator clips come loose or touches a transistors next to it? I assume you need to unhook all the alligator clips if you need to get to the main board for service?

#10945 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

interesting and reasonably priced. I am not crazy with the fact it requires you to clip on to the transistors on the main board. Is there a chance the transistors can blow out if one of those alligator clips come loose or touches a transistors next to it? I assume you need to unhook all the alligator clips if you need to get to the main board for service?

The alligator clips are quickly and easily removed or installed. Use the 3 specified transistors and any wire on any transistor will do. An adjacent transistor wouldn't blow if you happened to touch it with the clip. These are just low voltage sensing connections.

#10946 6 years ago

Also use this. Works really well and takes the glare away. Also put one on SMVE. Makes a big difference

#10947 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Yup I have 2 of them in other games and they really work well.

#10948 6 years ago

Same here. Bought 5 dimming modules and making my own boards & fittings. 1 installed in SM last night:

IMG_6649 (resized).JPGIMG_6649 (resized).JPG

IMG_6650 (resized).JPGIMG_6650 (resized).JPG

IMG_6656 (resized).JPGIMG_6656 (resized).JPG

#10949 6 years ago

As much as i want a Premium, they're over £8,000 now! That's new of course, but i've not seen any used machines for sale in ages - at least publicly, so have no yardstick to measure against.
The Prem/LE Hammer annoys me a bit as it blocks the playfield visibility a tad, but it's a very cool effect. A used Pro will have to suffice. I'm half tempted to do the same with TWD by downgrading an LE to a Pro, but that red light show on Horde is seriously cool. At least the well walker doesn't block anything behind it. All my personal opinion. Also watching the Total Lightshow development thread eagerly.

Also, is the code now considered to be fully baked? Not that i'm complaining.

#10950 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Also, is the code now considered to be fully baked? Not that i'm complaining.

Yes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/219 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.