C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 434.
#10551 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

As a new Metallica owner I have to say the size of this thread is daunting, 211 pages and still growing. Before I wade thru all of those pages, is there something that summarizes the common adjustments that people have been making to their Metallica pins? Adjustments for proper gameplay or to prevent breakage. And perhaps something else that summarizes the mods available?

Agreed. Been scanning though pages today trying to find the post with the hammer settings and still can't find it (if someone has it please post a link). I updated my software recently and forgot what the settings were. I'm getting phantom hits and times it wont catch the ball again and I'd like to fix that.

#10552 7 years ago

Just ordered my brand new Metallica Pro, and already ordering mods lol, the money pit begins

#10553 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

And perhaps something else that summarizes the mods available?

I have a mod you may be interested. If your interested pm me. Thanks.

#10554 7 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Just ordered my brand new Metallica Pro, and already ordering mods lol, the money pit begins

I have a mod you may be interested in. PM me if your interested. Thanks

#10555 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

How does that protector work to prevent the airballs? Its difficult to say looking at the Pinbits site since I can't see a picture of the protector. Perhaps a picture of the protector installed on a game would help me see it, if someone could post such a picture.

It's a little longer than the stock clear plastic already there allowing it to provide a ceiling for the air balls to hit and be brought back down to the pf.

#10556 7 years ago

Found a great way to fix Stern Flipper end of stroke buzzing.
Fashion a washer out of Automotive gasket material (I used gasket material 1.5mm thick)
Use the existing spring washer as a temp plate and pair of scissors to cut the outline and a drill to cut center.
I then moved the rear spring washer to the front of coil and used the fashioned washer to the rear.
WOW what a difference.

#10557 7 years ago

IMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPG

#10558 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Cool, thanks Phoebe. I'll look into that. So, replace the posts with standard posts with Cliffy post sleeves installed, right?

Yes that's all I did and haven't had airball issues from Sparky!
Congrats on your new game !!!

Phoebe

#10559 7 years ago

I want a Met Pro but can't find a used one for love nor money.

They just don't come up for sale here in the UK.

#10560 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Just order a NIB one? Unfortunately when they do come up for sale it's still pretty close to a NIB price especially if it has lots of mods. This machine is still in pretty high demand so a used one won't be too much of a savings. Not saying that there aren't deals out there still but I personally wouldn't wait around for a used deal that might never happen. Just order a NIB one!! You won't regret it. Such an awesome game.

#10561 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Just order a NIB one? Unfortunately when they do come up for sale it's still pretty close to a NIB price especially if it has lots of mods. This machine is still in pretty high demand so a used one won't be too much of a savings. Not saying that there aren't deals out there still but I personally wouldn't wait around for a used deal that might never happen. Just order a NIB one!! You won't regret it. Such an awesome game.

I might have to order a NIB. Although a NIB Pro costs the equivalent of $7500 over here.

#10562 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

This pin has been hard to find used for years, and when they do come up, as has been mentioned, it is not much of a savings over NIB. I had the same issue when I started looking for one 3 years ago.

#10563 7 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

This pin has been hard to find used for years, and when they do come up, as has been mentioned, it is not much of a savings over NIB. I had the same issue when I started looking for one 3 years ago.

Same here. Looked for a nice HUO one for about a year and eventually just bit the bullet and ordered a new one.

#10564 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I might have to order a NIB. Although a NIB Pro costs the equivalent of $7500 over here.

Ouch! I can see the hesitation now

#10565 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Ouch! I can see the hesitation now

Yup. A HUO used one will be about $2000 less.

#10566 7 years ago

85Vette wish I could be of more help but all I remember is that is adjustment #88 or 89. It did help with phantom hammer hits.

#10567 7 years ago

Stoptap there's a couple Pros for sale on here right now. One for $45-4700 I believe. Also my buddy is debating selling his. I'll ask him for ya.

#10568 7 years ago

Anyone interested?

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Huo bought in January. Late December build with a shaker, pin graffix blades, ecto car, terror dog, green captive balls, led's in both scoops, speaker light kit, full Titan rubbers...”
2017-04-13
Monmouth, ME
Trade
Archived after: 50 days
Viewed: 1044 times

#10569 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Stoptap there's a couple Pros for sale on here right now. One for $45-4700 I believe. Also my buddy is debating selling his. I'll ask him for ya.

I'm in the UK my friend. Although I am on holiday in your fine country in July/August. Sadly I don't think a pinball will fit in my suitcase.

#10570 7 years ago

Well I didn't think it was Leeds Michigan buddy.
Surely shipping would be less than 1k yes? To each his own, but I prefer huo so no surprises and it's already dialed in. Plus it's a great way to score free/discounted mods.

#10571 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well I didn't think it was Leeds Michigan buddy.
Surely shipping would be less than 1k yes? To each his own, but I prefer huo so no surprises and it's already dialed in. Plus it's a great way to score free/discounted mods.

Sadly US games won't work over here. They are region locked.

#10572 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Sadly US games won't work over here. They are region locked.

Really - how does this work? Obviously you would need to convert to using 220v, but how does the machine know where it is located?

#10573 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Really - how does this work? Obviously you would need to convert to using 220v, but how does the machine know where it is located?

AC Electricity supply frequency.

#10574 7 years ago

Just got through a 7 hour round trip to New York and back for my Metallica (Pro) Pro.

Worst part is I have an open bed pickup and the game got rained on for hours! There was a 10% chance of rain in the forecast to start at 8pm and it poured starting at 530pm!!! Sooo stressful the whole drive back! Thankfully I prepared by mummifying the game in plastic wrap. When I got home and unwrapped the game was bone dry. Still waiting a day to power in though.

The pic was from before I started back.

IMG_7288 (resized).JPGIMG_7288 (resized).JPG

#10575 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

AC Electricity supply frequency.

Very interesting! I'm no expert, but I bet someone sells a device that could convert your 220 to the current used in the US so you could run a US version of the machine. Just a thought.

#10576 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Very interesting! I'm no expert, but I bet someone sells a device that could convert your 220 to the current used in the US so you could run a US version of the machine. Just a thought.

Yes they do. Mike of Homepin used to do them and may still.

#10577 7 years ago

I'll be wading my way thru all 10,000+ posts in this thread, but it will take a while.

Would anyone like to offer the most important modifications of adjustments to make to this pin (Pro incandescent model) when starting at factory default? I don't typically go crazy with mods, but I know it isn't uncommon for there to be a few essential mods or adjustments to make to pins to get them playing and looking good, and perhaps prevent breakage as well.

I just installed a Rev B shaker tonight, and I have a full set of Cliffy's on order to help prevent wear. I'll address the Sparky airballs using the suggestions offered a few posts above this one. Are there any other things I should look at right away? I'm not likely to do a full LED conversion.

#10578 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

I'll be wading my way thru all 10,000+ posts in this thread, but it will take a while.
Would anyone like to offer the most important modifications of adjustments to make to this pin (Pro incandescent model) when starting at factory default? I don't typically go crazy with mods, but I know it isn't uncommon for there to be a few essential mods or adjustments to make to pins to get them playing and looking good, and perhaps prevent breakage as well.
I just installed a Rev B shaker tonight, and I have a full set of Cliffy's on order to help prevent wear. I'll address the Sparky airballs using the suggestions offered a few posts above this one. Are there any other things I should look at right away? I'm not likely to do a full LED conversion.

If I only did one mod, it would be an external subwoofer. Cheap and changes the whole game!

#10579 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

They are available but some have reported patchy performance. The other issue is if you ever sell the game then you have to include the frequency converter with the pin.

#10580 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

I would just play the heck out of the game, and after a few dozen games you might have a better idea what you think the game needs. I think painting Sparky is a must, adding teeth to the snake, and adjusting the stock settings to make a couple of the modes more accessible. Also check out these links:

http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/category/product-reviews/
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/

#10581 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Would anyone like to offer the most important modifications of adjustments to make to this pin (Pro incandescent model) when starting at factory default?

I have a ton of mods on mine, but I'd add a color DMD first and foremost. MET's is one of tbe best too.

#10582 7 years ago

In my opinion, the three best mods you can add to a MET pro, not including protective mods such as clifffys, would be a shaker, ColorDMD and the Total Lightshow kit.

#10583 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

In my opinion, the three best mods you can add to a MET pro, not including protective mods such as clifffys, would be a shaker, ColorDMD and the Total Lightshow kit.

Agree 100%

Total Lightshow + the Sound package with spinners is amazing!

#10584 7 years ago

I can finally join the club.
Met Premium 2013
Mission accomplished.
Next target in sight

IMG_3843 (resized).JPGIMG_3843 (resized).JPG

#10585 7 years ago
Quoted from MontyB:

I can finally join the club.
Met Premium 2013
Mission accomplished.
Next target in sight

Looks great!

#10586 7 years ago

Just curious, have any LE/premium owners replaced their bright white G.I. LEDs to warm white? I'm wondering how it looks. I have a pile of warm whites, just not the 555 wedge bulbs.

#10587 7 years ago

Anyone ever have their Sparky stop shaking? I tested the coil (one on back of the chair) in diagnostics and it doesn't work there either. Looks good physically, no broken wires and will test the transistor later. But just wondering if anyone had this issue before?

#10588 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Just curious, have any LE/premium owners replaced their bright white G.I. LEDs to warm white? I'm wondering how it looks. I have a pile of warm whites, just not the 555 wedge bulbs.

I haven't changed the color, only changed all of them to frosted, blue and red as well. If anything I would try swapping the cool white with sunlight white. Warm white might take away the changing light effect.

#10589 7 years ago

A wire on the scoop coil broke off today, but that was a quick fix. Was hoping to see a loose wire on the Sparky coil too.

#10590 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

A wire on the scoop coil broke off today, but that was a quick fix. Was hoping to see a loose wire on the Sparky coil too.

If you move the metal plate closer to the magnet coil does it grab it? Sometimes th mech needs adjusted there is a little finger tab on the mech that might need bent back some

#10591 7 years ago

Has anyone experimented with replacing the songs with live versions? I think the game would be great with the same songs but from "live shit: binge and purge"

#10592 7 years ago

Hi everyone. I've blown two fuses at F8 recently. The most recent time was after getting the ball into the snake's mouth. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and what remedy was used to resolve it. Thank you.

#10593 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

If you move the metal plate closer to the magnet coil does it grab it? Sometimes th mech needs adjusted there is a little finger tab on the mech that might need bent back some

Yup. I had to adjust mine. Never seem to work great even when I first got it. I played with the spring and bent the metal tab. You don't want to get the spring tight - it needs some slack. Somehow I got it dialed in and it works perfectly since. It doesn't seem like I changed that much but I guess a millimeter or so makes all the difference.

#10594 7 years ago

Loving my Metallica pro!!

IMG_1080 (resized).JPGIMG_1080 (resized).JPG

#10595 7 years ago

I have been loving my new met pro, but I have been struggling to find a good strategy / angle to tackle the drop Targets in the cemetery. I usually try to launch off the right flipper and suggestions

#10596 7 years ago

I have been loving my new met pro, but I have been struggling to find a good strategy / angle to tackle the drop Targets in the cemetery. I usually try to launch off the right flipper and suggestions

I've been more successful lately backhanding with the left flipper. Tried that? Seems easier to control the rebound that way too.

#10597 7 years ago

I can backhand those drops all day long and seems to be a safer shot than using the right flipper.

#10598 7 years ago

You can try to nail the first one or two while ball save is running off the plunge. Otherwise I backhand them off the left flipper for the first couple at least. You can do them all by backhanding of course but I like to shoot the grave marker itself from the right flipper as I find that more fun/satisfying.

#10599 7 years ago

I back hand the drops. Safer shot. Right flipper can send ball flying around erratic and even right back to a center drain. Backhand many times can come back to left flipper control.

#10600 7 years ago

Thanks Fytr bridgeman ironic, as just Thor morning I tried backhanding it, much more predictable!! Love this game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 149.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/212?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.