Topic Stats

• 16,879 posts
  • 948 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by VALIS666
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16879 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 338.
#1001 5 years ago

I cant play mine, came beat up from amazon todayIM001015.JPGIM001011.JPG

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I cant play mine, came beat up from amazon today

IM001015.JPG 159 KB

IM001011.JPG 269 KB

Dam that sucks! Did you open the flaps and confirm cabinet damage? I usually give my delivery guy a 10 spot and we both inspect the cab before signing the paperwork.

#1003 5 years ago

They told me to go ahead and open it. So it took it off the pallet, brought it in the back door and opened the box. Just from opening the top could see head damage, cab and lockdown bar damage. Will take over a week to get a replacement out. I did not fully unbox it after seeing the damage from just opening the top.

#1004 5 years ago

That's a bummer. Good thing you didn't accept delivery. A week to ship out another new one isn't so bad. Just sucks those things happen

#1005 5 years ago

I did accept delivery like they told me to, Could not tell if there was damage without opening it. They will make it right

#1006 5 years ago

Oh I hear ya now. Good to hear.

#1007 5 years ago

Well, unboxed and set up Metallica this morning. Wow. I'll have to pull the glass back off for some pictures, but big thanks to Gio and Steve for getting me set up. Steve put it all together and it plays great, even if I don't. lol

Initial impressions, the extra few bucks in shipping and labor to have Steve put it together for me were worth it 10 times over.
I added a few things myself:
Hooked pop cap covers which fit perfectly with the Roadcase theme and look great.

I installed Pinball Refinery's backbox kit too. I was originally thinking the price was a bit steep and then I saw all the work Gio puts into them and it all made sense. Made even more sense when that thing got going during game play. As with everything else Pinball Refinery related, totally worth it.

The one mod that was a let down was the Mezel Cemetary Arch. The piece itself is really great looking, but with the added lightning effects from Pinball Refinery it wasn't fitting properly. Add to that the fact that on mine the screw hole was too small and rather than dremel it out slightly, I tried to gently work it on which caused the tab to break off. I really like how it looks though, so what I may do is take a small drill bit and put a small screw post into the arch where the tab broke off, drill a small hole in the plastic piece 1" ahead of where it's supposed to mount and this should make it so it just barely touches the plastic piece for the lightning LEDs. It's worth the hassle because it really does look great there.
Install would have been nice and easy, but with my big meat hooks it makes all this finesse work 4 times harder than it should be.

Also added the Newton ball, 3 crosses, snake fangs and Pinnovators sub kit. Which leads me to the sub, I didn't try playing it without it, but wow does it sound great with it.

Roadcase Monster.jpg

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Well, unboxed and set up Metallica this morning. Wow. I'll have to pull the glass back off for some pictures, but big thanks to Gio and Steve for getting me set up. Steve put it all together and it plays great, even if I don't. lol
Initial impressions, the extra few bucks in shipping and labor to have Steve put it together for me were worth it 10 times over.
I added a few things myself:
Hooked pop cap covers which fit perfectly with the Roadcase theme and look great.
I installed Pinball Refinery's backbox kit too. I was originally thinking the price was a bit steep and then I saw all the work Gio puts into them and it all made sense. Made even more sense when that thing got going during game play. As with everything else Pinball Refinery related, totally worth it.
The one mod that was a let down was the Mezel Cemetary Arch. The piece itself is really great looking, but with the added lightning effects from Pinball Refinery it wasn't fitting properly. Add to that the fact that on mine the screw hole was too small and rather than dremel it out slightly, I tried to gently work it on which caused the tab to break off. I really like how it looks though, so what I may do is take a small drill bit and put a small screw post into the arch where the tab broke off, drill a small hole in the plastic piece 1" ahead of where it's supposed to mount and this should make it so it just barely touches the plastic piece for the lightning LEDs. It's worth the hassle because it really does look great there.
Install would have been nice and easy, but with my big meat hooks it makes all this finesse work 4 times harder than it should be.
Also added the Newton ball, 3 crosses, snake fangs and Pinnovators sub kit. Which leads me to the sub, I didn't try playing it without it, but wow does it sound great with it.

Roadcase Monster.jpg 176 KB

Congrats! Love the roadcase cab with monsters translight. Speaker panel decal looks bitchin too. Sub is a must on this title. And Metallica has the best sound I've ever heard through the pinnovators headset.

#1009 5 years ago

Can you take a pic of the snake fangs? I think I might want to add those to mine, but I would really like to see it in a game first.

I couldn't imagine playing my Metallica without the PR backbox lighting now. I agree that some of the mod prices seem high when you first look at them, but I seriously cannot think of a single item that Gio added that I would be willing to give up. The complete package is worth way more than the sum of the parts in this case.

#1010 5 years ago

Nexyss, I actually had one in my phone, still with the glass on so forgive the glare. I tried to make it as "unflattering" as possible, to show the one thing I don't like about it, but it's not actually visible when playing. And that's that to get the fangs in there, you have to remove both screws from the snake head and wiggle them in there, they go around a little post, but and maybe it's just I wasn't able to close it up enough, with them in there, the snake head doesn't go down quite all the way. I showed this to my girlfriend, but she seems to think if you can't tell when playing who cares. Opinions may vary and then it's also possible I just didn't force the head down enough, but I literally popped it all the way off to make sure I was putting it on right. If I pressed much harder, I was worried I'd break something.

Tongue sticker was a pain too, as you have to cut it to size. Luckily scissors I can work ok. lol
fangs.jpg

#1011 5 years ago

Heres a reference of the snake without fangs, the bracket does show a bit here. For those interested I just added the Premium/LE snake mouth LED to light when the FEED SNAKE LED flashes or is lit.

152687-i.jpg

#1012 5 years ago

image.jpg

Here another pic of a snake with fangs. It's a pro.

Really one of the best mods for MEt and the best bang for your bucks for sure

#1013 5 years ago

See I should have looked closer before installing them, but I knew there was no way I wouldn't put them in there. Like the captive Newton ball, the fangs just belong and by comparison to other things both are relative bargains and easy installs (even for me).

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Quick game today turned into maybe 20 minutes? 100,000,000 more than my previous high score. Only played 2 CIUs, but completed FWTBT with double scoring, so that jackpot was over 200MM alone! Drained IMMEDIATELY on the Blackened mode!!!! (non-CIU)

photo 1-2.JPG 262 KB

photo 2-2.JPG 246 KB

Wow, amazing!

So, it must be possible to score a billion on jackpots in CIU alone. This hame has longevity!

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Nexyss, I actually had one in my phone, still with the glass on so forgive the glare. I tried to make it as "unflattering" as possible, to show the one thing I don't like about it, but it's not actually visible when playing. And that's that to get the fangs in there, you have to remove both screws from the snake head and wiggle them in there, they go around a little post, but and maybe it's just I wasn't able to close it up enough, with them in there, the snake head doesn't go down quite all the way. I showed this to my girlfriend, but she seems to think if you can't tell when playing who cares. Opinions may vary and then it's also possible I just didn't force the head down enough, but I literally popped it all the way off to make sure I was putting it on right. If I pressed much harder, I was worried I'd break something.
Tongue sticker was a pain too, as you have to cut it to size. Luckily scissors I can work ok. lol

fangs.jpg 303 KB

Thanks, I just ordered some fangs. Mine came with the tongue sticker already, so I avoided that one.

#1016 5 years ago

CIU is definitely where the majority of points are.

Had a really good game tonight, still not my best score (it was just over 500 million prior to the latest code update):

photo.JPG
#1017 5 years ago

Just put Sparky's MDM on my Refinery Pro. It's really neat.

IMGA0180.JPG IMGA0181.JPG
#1018 5 years ago

My imdarras snake head with red leds has developed a short in the wiring after 10 months or so. Its not the connection under the playfield, i redid that so it uses stock like wiring with z connectors. It is somewhere in the wires leading up to or inside the head.
If i hold the wiring connection to the game stable, and jiggle the wire leading up to the snake, the snakes right eye blinks on and off. I need to take the head off and find the loose connection and solder it. I may play around and go with yellow led eyes if i end up having to redo the wiring.

Not bashing the mod. I love it. So much better than my one tooth snake with dead painted eyes.

#1019 5 years ago

I completed battery tonight for 8M. I dare any of you mofos to beat that! Ya you read that right, 8 million baby!

I love it when you get coffin mb then can get snake mb or grave marker mb, then complete it all with RTL mb. Had 3 of those 4 going and fuel and blackened all at the same time then hit a big JP and James screamed, 'Holy F*ckin shit!' And I lost it and drained lol

#1020 5 years ago

Question for the rules guys; if you get snake 2X scoring in mb, then get the piston 2X scoring, is that 3X or 4X pf?

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I completed battery tonight for 8M. I dare any of you mofos to beat that! Ya you read that right, 8 million baby!
I love it when you get coffin mb then can get snake mb or grave marker mb, then complete it all with RTL mb. Had 3 of those 4 going and fuel and blackened all at the same time then hit a big JP and James screamed, 'Holy F*ckin shit!' And I lost it and drained lol

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for the rules guys; if you get snake 2X scoring in mb, then get the piston 2X scoring, is that 3X or 4X pf?

4 f'n X

#1023 5 years ago

Ive heard "Jack F'n Pot!" Callout, not the "Holy F'n Shit". Adlibbing, or are there two different callouts?

#1024 5 years ago

another question : when in multi ball, and the snake eats a ball after completing picks , what makes it spit the ball out? it seems random to me. would love it if it stayed until i was down to one ball. thanks.

another multi ball question: in sparky MB how many times do you have to re hit sparky to get the jackpot. I obviously haven't hit it enough but I assume some number will give you a jackpot, NO?

#1025 5 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

another question : when in multi ball, and the snake eats a ball after completing picks , what makes it spit the ball out? it seems random to me. would love it if it stayed until i was down to one ball. thanks.
another multi ball question: in sparky MB how many times do you have to re hit sparky to get the jackpot. I obviously haven't hit it enough but I assume some number will give you a jackpot, NO?

The snake holding a ball vs. not holding it when you get pick/snake 2x is a software setting. I don't own this game; otherwise, I'd tell you exactly where it is.

I'm not exactly sure on the number of sparky hits for a super, but:
A) I think its between 7 and 10; and
B) Note that the lower part of the DMD during sparky MB shows a meter with left-to-right progress indicating how close you're getting to a super jackpot.

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just put Sparky's MDM on my Refinery Pro. It's really neat.

Thanks for posting the pics, Paul! That's the third different install location, and I like it the best!

#1027 5 years ago

I heard a "Super Chicken Dinner" or something like that when I played last night. lol

#1028 5 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

when in multi ball, and the snake eats a ball after completing picks , what makes it spit the ball out?

Timer, 20 seconds I think. Should be adjustable, too.

#1029 5 years ago

Why is it that not all snake shots count towards SNAKE? The fist one animates S, and sometimes I hit the ball right back in there and it just spits it out again without lighting N. Is this normal?

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Why is it that not all snake shots count towards SNAKE? The fist one animates S, and sometimes I hit the ball right back in there and it just spits it out again without lighting N. Is this normal?

When you get the ball in snake the first time, he spits it out and the light on top of the snake goes out. You must then hit any shot with a lit snake insert to relight the snake so hitting it once again will give you S-N-A-K-E progress. Rinse and repeat, except that you can just hit the snake when you've spelled all the letters -- no need to relight at that point.

#1031 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thanks for posting the pics, Paul! That's the third different install location, and I like it the best!

Where do you get something like that? Does it rotate small pics or what?

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Where do you get something like that? Does it rotate small pics or what?

Never mind, found your site. Will be getting one when I get home! Bad ass!!!

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Never mind, found your site. Will be getting one when I get home! Bad ass!!!

Yep. Plays video, not slide clips. Lots of other titles, too! www.sparkypinball.com

#1034 5 years ago

Locking a ball in the snake during multiball is one of my favorite things to do in this game! Only one time was I able to get the Jack F'ing Pot! from a 4x jackpot.

Rob

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Locking a ball in the snake during multiball is one of my favorite things to do in this game! Only one time was I able to get the Jack F'ing Pot! from a 4x jackpot.
Rob

Love getting Jack F'ing Pot! I have no idea how I get it!

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Now that I think about it maybe jack F*cking pot was the call out I heard and my reaction was holy F*cking shit. In either case the game was going nuts and I lost all concentration and started rolling when I heard the call out

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If you have double scoring active when you hit a jackpot shot, then you get it.
(someone plz correct me if I am wrong)

#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

If you have double scoring active when you hit a jackpot shot, then you get it.
(someone plz correct me if I am wrong)

I think you need:

1. To have Fuel double scoring running;
2. Be in a multiball and get 2x scoring from hitting all the pick targets and then depositing a shot into the snake - this makes all shots 4x scoring; and
3. Then hit a super jackpot for the multiball that is running

That triggers the "jack f$cking pot!" which makes me smile every time.

#1039 5 years ago

Are you sure it's not a double jackpot while 2x scoring is active? Otherwise I would think I'd have gotten it more.. And I've only heard it twice maybe 3 times freakin love it!

#1040 5 years ago

O

#1041 5 years ago

you need 4x for JFP. FUEL 2x plus Snake 2x.

#1042 5 years ago

Ok, just starting to mod the cemetery arch. I trimmed it just after the bottom part of the larger block at the bottom. It's still touching the PR lightning mod, so I'm thinking I should cut off a bit more until it just clears it. Thoughts?

Oh and I dremeled out the right leg so that it sits directly on top of the nut. I trimmed a small thin piece of metal and drilled a hole to attach the left leg to the nut on that side.
ArchMod.jpg

Edit:
For the record the black/red wires are only visible because I didn't run them yet, it's a pain for my big hands and since it was only a test fit I didn't bother.

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from Paladin:

Just sent off a check for my first NIB - a MET Monsters Premium! Totally psyched! I've already got a few mods on the way, but don't plan on going overboard. I can't decide on whether to get the shooter lane protectors. I've read some threads where people have had issues with them. Same goes for magnet protection.

After sitting at the terminal for 3 days, it's scheduled to be delivered today. I don't know what the delay was, and would have picked it up myself on Tuesday if I knew it would take until Friday to get here. It's all good though.

#1044 5 years ago

I was just watching Bowen's tutorial and it finally dawned on me that he's playing on a Pro. Would the hammer/coffin lock make for a different strategy? I'd think so but I just got mine and well I'm currently having fun just getting my a$$ kicked, smacking the flippers like a 2 year old.

#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I was just watching Bowen's tutorial and it finally dawned on me that he's playing on a Pro. Would the hammer/coffin lock make for a different strategy? I'd think so but I just got mine and well I'm currently having fun just getting my a$$ kicked, smacking the flippers like a 2 year old.

You can set the Premium/LE to behave exactly like the Pro in the settings if you wanted.

#1046 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can set the Premium/LE to behave exactly like the Pro in the settings if you wanted.

Not really true because of the spinners that aren't present on the Pro. The code compensates (e.g., fewer switch hits needed during the FtB CIU to advance levels), but I wouldn't use the word "exactly".

#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Not really true because of the spinners that aren't present on the Pro. The code compensates (e.g., fewer switch hits needed during the FtB CIU to advance levels), but I wouldn't use the word "exactly".

I was referring to the coffin lock settings only in reference to the Bowen strategy.

#1048 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was referring to the coffin lock settings only in reference to the Bowen strategy.

Oops.

Even though it's not directly hammer/block-related, the position of the block on the Premium and LE make hitting Sparky from the right flipper a much tighter shot. Still possible, but not nearly as automatic.

#1049 5 years ago

Mr. Mezel himself was kind enough to offer up his services to make a new version of the Arch. Once I get the size right, it's heading back in the morning.

How cool is that and how's that for service?!

#1050 5 years ago

Well damn it. I cut it to the perfect size, as pictured, and it looks good there, except during play it now obstructs the view of the rising cross.
Tim obviously designed his height with that in mind, because that extra height makes the arch frame the cross I'm sure. I wouldn't know since I started mutilating mine. lol

I'm going to play with placement a bit more, but I suspect if I want it on there, the trade off is drilling a small hole through the plastic and putting a screw through that.
Arch1.jpg
Arch2.jpg

Edit:
Additionally at this height, it can't actually have the wider bottom piece, if you'll notice, the right leg is almost right to the very edge of the plastic. I want it on there so I'll figure something out as it definitely looks like it belongs there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
There are 16879 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside