Topic Stats

• 17,204 posts
  • 960 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,947 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17204 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 345.
#10351 2 years ago

Midwest MET party secret handshake also in the works.

#10352 2 years ago

Well page 208 so far off to a horrible start.
I'll trade you a secret handshake for a right cross motherfucker is the feedback I'm getting.

#10353 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Here's the first version of my new coffin mod. The temporary mounting I'm using to test fit is blocking light from shining through all the eyes and I didn't have a 5 LED red strip, so just using a white LED strip for now. But once finished it'll look pretty sharp.

A suggestion here, line the inside of it with tinfoil to bounce the light around like mirrors and put 2 red strips in it because the light, especially red will have to be intense because it's coming out of such small holes. Give it a try and see what happens.

#10354 2 years ago

Whiskeytits all over yer pinball browser. Their studio/bandcamp shit is amazing.

#10357 2 years ago

Goodnight.

#10358 2 years ago

I enjoy this thread a lot but I find myself sifting through a lot of silly chatter to get to the meat and bones. Can some of that unrelated chatter be taken offline...please? There are other threads better suited to that sort of thing. Not meant to offend but it really gets to be too much sometimes.

#10359 2 years ago

I've had four PMs asking about that coffin mod I am working on. This isn't something I plan on making and selling, just having fun coming up with ideas. I tend to MacGuyver things like mounting and securing using what I have available in my workshop. Right now this coffin is mounted using a cut in half rubber doorstop (for the mounting slope and angle), two velcro strips and some double sided tape. I'm going to make a clear base for mounting the coffin at the upright angle it currently is because it looks way better than the easy way of mounting it flat. The clear base will also allow me to mount the LED strip on the original plastic so it has some space to shine up and through the eye holes, which looked super when testing.

This is easy enough to do on your own with a little creativity, but not something I'm interested in making and selling. I also modified the coffin and didn't keep it stock because the thickness was a little too much to mount at the angle I wanted. Fit perfect layed down flat over the captive ball plastic though without any modification other than install the LED strip. The coffin is metal and I had to cut off the hinge to separate the top and bottom and I just use the coffin top because then the thickness is perfect.

There are 4-5 other coffin designs like the one below which I may try also, and they're only $6.50 shipped, so it's a no brainer to try out and I think all the options look better than any other coffin mod I've seen.

s-l400 (resized).jpg

#10360 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've had four PMs asking about that coffin mod I am working on. This isn't something I plan on making and selling, just having fun coming up with ideas. I tend to MacGuyver things like mounting and securing using what I have available in my workshop. Right now this coffin is mounted using a cut in half rubber doorstop (for the mounting slope and angle), two velcro strips and some double sided tape. I'm going to make a clear base for mounting the coffin at the upright angle it currently is because it looks way better than the easy way of mounting it flat. The clear base will also allow me to mount the LED strip on the original plastic so it has some space to shine up and through the eye holes, which looked super when testing.
This is easy enough to do on your own with a little creativity, but not something I'm interested in making and selling. I also modified the coffin and didn't keep it stock because the thickness was a little too much to mount at the angle I wanted. Fit perfect layed down flat over the captive ball plastic though without any modification other than install the LED strip. The coffin is metal and I had to cut off the hinge to separate the top and bottom and I just use the coffin top because then the thickness is perfect.
There are 4-5 other coffin designs like the one below which I may try also, and they're only $6.50 shipped, so it's a no brainer to try out and I think all the options look better than any other coffin mod I've seen.

Your having fun and that's what counts.

#10361 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've had four PMs asking about that coffin mod I am working on. This isn't something I plan on making and selling, just having fun coming up with ideas.

This goes to show why so many people have recently gotten into the mod business. People will literally line up to throw money at you.

#10362 2 years ago

Just joined the club! Metallica Monster Premium.

IMG_2114 (resized).JPG

#10363 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sounds fun! I think we should start a pinwiki section, or something like that, for "do-it-yourself mods". So many mods can be created/crafted yourself with a minimum of cost/skill/effort with a few basic instructions, and doing them can be rewarding and you can end up with something totally unique to your game (if you want).

#10364 2 years ago

If anyone is interested in a coffin mod this one looks cool as heck. I talked to zene10 and he said right now he isn't making them but there has been a few people wanting his mod and he said if he can get 10-15 people wanting it he will make them. He is starting a list so if you would like one please pm him and get on the list

IMG_1721 (resized).PNG

#10365 2 years ago

Funny we're talking about a Pin-Wiki for mods...I just ordered some plastic eyeballs for my NIB MET. My plan is to light them and hook them into the upper lane changing lights. I've blocked my view with the 2D-Snake mod...bummer.

As an alternative, I was also considering to add some brighter bulbs to the lanes and attach some sort of funky mirror at the back somehow?? Something tasteful with some cool looking metallica insignia or skulls or something embedded on the mirror. Not sure exactly how yet but perhaps it could be accomplished with a water slide decal with some faint colouring??

#10366 2 years ago

Apologies for cluttering up the thread last night. Grandpa's sauce laid on a little thick... sorry guys.

#10367 2 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Funny we're talking about a Pin-Wiki for mods...I just ordered some plastic eyeballs for my NIB MET. My plan is to light them and hook them into the upper lane changing lights. I've blocked my view with the 2D-Snake mod...bummer.
As an alternative, I was also considering to add some brighter bulbs to the lanes and attach some sort of funky mirror at the back somehow?? Something tasteful with some cool looking metallica insignia or skulls or something embedded on the mirror. Not sure exactly how yet but perhaps it could be accomplished with a water slide decal with some faint colouring??

I've seen a mirror at the back but the angle depends a lot on the height of the player especially if you want to make the light look like it is centered on a skull or symbol. I think with the snake mod the game really needs the lane lights in a more visible area. In mine I put some skulls that have lights inside them and connect to the corresponding lane light.

Upper lit (resized).JPG

Upper unlit (resized).JPG

#10368 2 years ago

I like the ideas I've seen for the lane light indicator mods, great ideas. That will be the next mod I work on since it's functional and my wife complained about not seeing those lane lights after the snake mod plastic was installed.

#10369 2 years ago

I did mine by pushing on the red idc connectors that came in the spinner kit from bandit.

20170225_141719 (resized).jpg

20170225_141758 (resized).jpg

#10370 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I did mine by pushing on the red idc connectors that came in the spinner kit from bandit.

Could you elaborate on what you mean there? I have the spinner mod to add to timebandit's gi theatre (along with the bottom lane kit), so I'd appreciate any experience from someone with the kit also. I just have to order the spinners in my next order and then will install them along with the sound kit for them.

#10371 2 years ago

Sorry i replied to the wrong thread. I was responding to someone having issues wiring their spinners on the TLS thread.

But since you asked.
I wired the spinners yellow wires by pushing on a red idc connector onto the wire harness that comes with the default TLS package for Met.
It takes a lot of force to get the wire down in there good. I used a push tool. But honestly i also pushed it in a bit more with a small screw driver.
Repeated ths same with the green side too. But it has just 1 wire.

#10372 2 years ago

Would installing new songs via flash drive be the same process as installing new code ?
Does it also reset scores and game settings ?

#10373 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Would installing new songs via flash drive be the same process as installing new code ?
Does it also reset scores and game settings ?

Yes and yes.

#10374 2 years ago

I forgot I got this set of 4 Metallica buttons. The Fist St Anger one is what my wife suggested for the shooter knob, which I agree 100% with. Two of the other buttons could be used for the top lane insert mod.

20170323_213256 (resized).jpg

#10375 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Sorry i replied to the wrong thread. I was responding to someone having issues wiring their spinners on the TLS thread.
But since you asked.
I wired the spinners yellow wires by pushing on a red idc connector onto the wire harness that comes with the default TLS package for Met.
It takes a lot of force to get the wire down in there good. I used a push tool. But honestly i also pushed it in a bit more with a small screw driver.
Repeated ths same with the green side too. But it has just 1 wire.

I assume that was me you were replying to. I'm a moron. It didn't even dawn on me to use those connectors that were already supplied.

#10376 2 years ago

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed it previously, but what is your highest score on any one particular CIU mode ?

#10377 2 years ago

Let the modding begin.
Green plastic protectors and mirror blades for starters...
I have a feeling this will get an expensive pet.

IMG_1126 (resized).JPG

#10378 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed it previously, but what is your highest score on any one particular CIU mode ?

This is my high for FWTBT. My overall score was only 400+mil.

IMG_20161127_074555 (resized).jpg

#10379 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I assume that was me you were replying to. I'm a moron. It didn't even dawn on me to use those connectors that were already supplied.

Bandit has some vids on youtube and links in the TLS thread. His spinner connections were up near the sam boards. I wanted to keep the spinner connections closer to my TLS board. You just have to make sure you get the connectors on the right wires.

#10380 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Is that an LCD DMD? Looks awesome. What mode is it in?

#10381 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is that an LCD DMD? Looks awesome. What mode is it in?

Yes. It's an LCD. Looks like it's in hi-res mode ...

#10382 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I hit 91 million last night with FWTBT and thought it was impressive. I now realize it is not.....

#10383 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I hit 91 million last night with FWTBT and thought it was impressive. I now realize it is not.....

It was the perfect storm. I think I completed it, and I had 2x on the cash-out. I think when you complete a CIU, you have the opportunity to collect around 20% of the jackpot after the mode ends by unlighting all the spider inserts and going back into the Mystery. I think the spiders all turn orange on the premium/LE, but it's kind of confusing on the pro because they're only red, and some re-light for other reasons. That 20% of the jackpot gets added to the CIU champion score.

#10384 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It was the perfect storm. I think I completed it, and I had 2x on the cash-out. I think when you complete a CIU, you have the opportunity to collect around 20% of the jackpot after the mode ends by unlighting all the spider inserts and going back into the Mystery. I think the spiders all turn orange on the premium/LE, but it's kind of confusing on the pro because they're only red, and some re-light for other reasons. That 20% of the jackpot gets added to the CIU champion score.

Interesting. I was wondering why my spiders were orange. I've never saw them that color before last night.

#10385 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Interesting. I was wondering why my spiders were orange. I've never saw them that color before last night.

You also get 25mil for completing the CIU. That's in addition to what you earned during the mode, plus the jackpot cashout. The "re-collect" for around 20% also gets added to the total if you are successful at re-collecting by unlighting the spider arrows and going back into the Mystery scoop. This could be confusing the first time because the mode is over and goes back to regular gameplay. However, that opportunity is still there with the lit spiders to "un-light."

#10386 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

This is my high on FWTBT and EOTL which is the one I'm most proud of because of how difficult that CIU is. There's no way to cash out or get double scoring. You either drain, get timed out or last through the entire 7 and 1/2 minute song. Drained with 29 seconds remaining today

IMG_1732 (resized).JPG

IMG_1735 (resized).JPG

#10387 2 years ago

Man those are some great scores on CIU
Here my best ...

20170325_141431 (resized).jpg

20170325_141426 (resized).jpg

#10388 2 years ago

Question folks. I installed the post from PBL in my MET. Works like a charm now when I shoot up the left orbit, where it will deaden the balls movement and drop to the inlanes. However, when I plunge or shoot the ball up the right orbit, it typically bounces and comes right back down the right orbit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much in advance.

#10389 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Question folks. I installed the post from PBL in my MET. Works like a charm now when I shoot up the left orbit, where it will deaden the balls movement and drop to the inlanes. However, when I plunge or shoot the ball up the right orbit, it typically bounces and comes right back down the right orbit.
Any suggestions?
Thanks much in advance.

Hmm
Is it flush with the playfield when in the down position?

#10390 2 years ago

Isn't it supposed to only be flush at certain times? For example, when you're starting a ball, I know it's supposed to be up isn't it??

#10391 2 years ago

But yes, it is flush at all other times. No problem making full orbits when it's supposed to

#10392 2 years ago

I see what you're saying now, instead of stopping it so it can drop after a launch, it is bouncing all the way back. Mine hasn't ever done that. I'm gonna play a few games and think on it

** OK, I played a bit. I can't see how it would bounce back like that. I assume it is tightened well and there is no play in it?

#10393 2 years ago

All this coffin mod talk. I like mine the best, but I'm biased lol. It's back alley creations eyeball pinballs, yellow tissue paper, orange flasher, red flasher all contained in mezelmods coffin.

Flashes:
Orange for hurry up
Red for captive ball

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

#10394 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

All this coffin mod talk. I like mine the best, but I'm biased lol. It's back alley creations eyeball pinballs, yellow tissue paper, orange flasher, red flasher all contained in mezelmods coffin.
Flashes:
Orange for hurry up
Red for captive ball

-

Vid

#10395 2 years ago

Also, $14.00, 20-30 minute mod, green and black t-molding for the backbox.

To replace the stock chrome which doesn't fit the color scheme of the pros and premiums.

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

#10396 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I see what you're saying now, instead of stopping it so it can drop after a launch, it is bouncing all the way back. Mine hasn't ever done that. I'm gonna play a few games and think on it
** OK, I played a bit. I can't see how it would bounce back like that. I assume it is tightened well and there is no play in it?

You are correct in your assumption! No wiggle room, nice and solid.

#10397 2 years ago

Anyone know a Pinsider or company on here that sells pin skates? Yes I've seen them on eBay but would prefer to buy from a Pinsider. Or is the Harbour Freight lift the way to go? Thanks.

#10398 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Also, $14.00, 20-30 minute mod, green and black t-molding for the backbox.
To replace the stock chrome which doesn't fit the color scheme of the pros and premiums.

Here's the green T molding on my GB Pro.

IMGA0511 (resized).JPG

#10399 2 years ago

so today is the last day to order

Typ A wit Metallica LOGO
or
TYP B without the logo in the middle

thx
Tom

Stern_alt_met_A (resized).jpg

#10400 2 years ago

IMG20170327230017 (resized).jpg
IMG20170327225729 (resized).jpg
IMG20170327225720 (resized).jpg
IMG20170327225726 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
There are 17204 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside