IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 433.
#10201 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

Now that ColorDmd has screens back in stock I'm really torn between the LCD or the LED. Other than videos and pics I have never seen one in person. I know everyone says it comes down to personal preference but in the end which one is better for this game?

I just replaced a colorLCD with the new colorLED in my Met Pro. I really prefer the LED in this game!

The color LED looks like an original DMD when the game is off, looks like what a true color DMD would look like it, had they had them, IMHO, and the animations, etc. were all created for this format (individual pixels/dots), so look great. I also prefer the display quality of the LED, absolute black when pixels are unlit, vs backlight glow with LCD (noticeable in a darker room), higher contrast, and extremely bright.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist, so I prefer the dots look in this game. Others go for the hires mode, which is fine too (I'm just being nice, hi-res is the toupée of pinball display modes).

More thoughts and pics here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led/page/7#post-3648882

#10202 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I apologize in advance, but these type of "mods" just make cringe. Like the guy I purchased my classic Stern Seawitch from, who decided it would be a great idea to permanently glue cheap plastic gemstones all over the original apron/plastics to "enhance the game's look". What a horrible idea that was. So were the "photographs of friends" he put in place of the instruction cards, where the masking tape degraded & destroyed the original screen printing on the apron.
Just because you can throw something unique on your pin, doesn't mean you should. I know there are multiple threads dedicated to modding etiquette, but some people just like to go crazy. Hey it's their game, so knock yourself out. I'm in the camp of adding standard mods that are universally popular with the community (lighting, pinblades, protectors, etc), that add to the game & don't clutter up the playfield with garbage/clutter. But if you're planning on selling someday, just remember the next guy might not be into those unusual mods as much as you are. To each their own I guess.

I'm hoping his miss were a joke. They look ridiculous and thought/hope he is just messing around.

#10203 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I apologize in advance, but these type of "mods" just make cringe. Like the guy I purchased my classic Stern Seawitch from, who decided it would be a great idea to permanently glue cheap plastic gemstones all over the original apron/plastics to "enhance the game's look". What a horrible idea that was. So were the "photographs of friends" he put in place of the instruction cards, where the masking tape degraded & destroyed the original screen printing on the apron.
Just because you can throw something unique on your pin, doesn't mean you should. I know there are multiple threads dedicated to modding etiquette, but some people just like to go crazy. Hey it's their game, so knock yourself out. I'm in the camp of adding standard mods that are universally popular with the community (lighting, pinblades, protectors, etc), that add to the game & don't clutter up the playfield with garbage/clutter. But if you're planning on selling someday, just remember the next guy might not be into those unusual mods as much as you are. To each their own I guess.

I was being funny dude. Googly eyes make my wife laugh too so I put them on last night to crack her up. It's nothing permanent, they come right off.

#10204 7 years ago

I know that you need to order the extra installation kit for the color LCD screen but do you have to order that for the LED screens or are they a direct replacement?

#10205 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

I know that you need to order the extra installation kit for the color LCD screen but do you have to order that for the LED screens or are they a direct replacement?

You don't need standoffs with the ColorDMD LED display. Just the clear shield to replace the red one that shipped with the game.

#10206 7 years ago

Thank you Randy. I just placed my order.

#10207 7 years ago

I have an led in SS and LCD in AFM. They are next to each other and I think the led looks better. Probably just the brightness but when side by side the led really "pops" compared to LCD. If I buy one for met it will be the led.

#10208 7 years ago

Stern pins look great on hi rez with lcd.....

#10209 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I hear ya. But what do ya think of my Leg Light-Ups? They are on the outside of the cabinet and are completly removable.

#10210 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I was being funny dude. Googly eyes make my wife laugh too so I put them on last night to crack her up. It's nothing permanent, they come right off.

It's been done before on Pinside by others so I got the joke. Cracks me up every time.

#10211 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's been done before on Pinside by others so I got the joke. Cracks me up every time.

Know who's the BEST with googly eyes? Hasselhoff on Baywatch. Makes me smile every time I look at the backbox. hahaha

No Fear was hilarious with the eyes also and I brought it to York for freeplay last year and it got good laughs. I think the new owner still has them on too.

#10212 7 years ago

I have an lcd in my Met and an led in T3. They are side by side and the led is way sharper and more colorful. But what I don't like about the led is that when the leds are off to make black. The leds themselves are actually white so when the pf reflected light hits the off leds the blacks actually look gray. If your short a Bent Plastic guard blocks all the reflected light so the blacks look good, if you 5' 10" it blocks about 50% and if your over 6' 2" it doesn't block any of the reflected light.

#10213 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

Now that ColorDmd has screens back in stock I'm really torn between the LCD or the LED. Other than videos and pics I have never seen one in person. I know everyone says it comes down to personal preference but in the end which one is better for this game?

LCD and DOTSXL mode for the win!

Rob

#10214 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Know who's the BEST with googly eyes? Hasselhoff on Baywatch. Makes me smile every time I look at the backbox. hahaha

You posted that pic didn't you. Love that one.

#10215 7 years ago

I saw this sticker here and saw that some people wanted to know how it fit. I figured I'd share my experience. The sticker is a nice 3m material and the print quality is good. I investigated removing the original sticker but decided to try to apply this directly over the original. I lined up the edge and began to apply... First, the new sticker has nice adhesive that allowed me to reposition without ripping or leaving adhesive, all be it it was quick and did not sit long or have allot of pressure applied. Anyway it laid down nice and smooth. The only drawback to doing it the way that I did is that the new stickers openings are slightly larger than the original. If it bothers me over time I will probably try to sharpie that out and if it really bugs me I will get another sticker and remove everything form the metal panel. However for now it does not and I do like the look. Anyway, thats my two cents.
2017-03-14 11.30.23 (resized).jpg2017-03-14 11.30.23 (resized).jpg
2017-03-14 11.30.37 (resized).jpg2017-03-14 11.30.37 (resized).jpg
-Jim

#10216 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

I saw this sticker here and saw that some people wanted to know how it fit. I figured I'd share my experience. The sticker is a nice 3m material and the print quality is good. I investigated removing the original sticker but decided to try to apply this directly over the original. I lined up the edge and began to apply... First, the new sticker has nice adhesive that allowed me to reposition without ripping or leaving adhesive, all be it it was quick and did not sit long or have allot of pressure applied. Anyway it laid down nice and smooth. The only drawback to doing it the way that I did is that the new stickers openings are slightly larger than the original. If it bothers me over time I will probably try to sharpie that out and if it really bugs me I will get another sticker and remove everything form the metal panel. However for now it does not and I do like the look. Anyway, thats my two cents.

-Jim

Looks sharp! Is this available for the original run Mets, with the wooden backbox?

#10217 7 years ago

I like that a lot and it's the first I've seen a photo showing the entire cabinet and how it looks.

#10218 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Looks sharp! Is this available for the original run Mets, with the wooden backbox?

I don't know... I didn't look for one like that

-Jim

#10219 7 years ago

This is my original pro with the square speakers.

IMG_1921 (resized).JPGIMG_1921 (resized).JPG

#10220 7 years ago

just had the lower half of the GRAVE MARKER snap in half. Doesn't look to bad to replace 3 screws but man Marco has them for $44 , seems kinda high for piece of plastic .

#10221 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

just had the lower half of the GRAVE MARKER snap in half. Doesn't look to bad to replace 3 screws but man Marco has them for $44 , seems kinda high for piece of plastic .

Just a tad.

#10222 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

I would give that part number to a dealer and see if they can get it cheaper. If you bought your Met from a dealer they might be inclined to help you out.

#10223 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

That sucks. I've always thought about how long that would last and had thought about putting a piece of plexit at the back of that lane to prevent balls from hitting it but still allowing the ball to pass the opto.

#10224 7 years ago

Does anybody else sell the color insert mod for the 4 CIU inserts on the Pro model? HankScorpio made a nice looking kit to color these white inserts but I haven't been able to get a hold of him.

#10225 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does anybody else sell the color insert mod for the 4 CIU inserts on the Pro model? HankScorpio made a nice looking kit to color these white inserts but I haven't been able to get a hold of him.

Not sure if anyone else has made a kit if no one does then Cointaker sells the colored LED boards So you can do it yourself...
http://cointaker.com/

Phoebe

#10226 7 years ago

I just used Comet LED strips with the 555 adapter (the short 3 LED strips) since I already had a bunch I bought during the Black Friday sale. They fit across the insert nice and I just held them in place with a little bit of tape at each end. I have the strips going across the wood, not pressed inside against the insert itself. They look super.

#10227 7 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Not sure if anyone else has made a kit if no one does then Cointaker sells the colored LED boards So you can do it yourself...
http://cointaker.com/
Phoebe

Those only work on the Prem/LE and not the Pro

Quoted from PoMC:I just used Comet LED strips with the 555 adapter (the short 3 LED strips) since I already had a bunch I bought during the Black Friday sale. They fit across the insert nice and I just held them in place with a little bit of tape at each end. I have the strips going across the wood, not pressed inside against the insert itself. They look super.

I think I may try that. That sounds like what Hank's kit was but he had a nice plexi mounting plate included.

#10228 7 years ago

Those only work on the Prem/LE and not the Pro

I think I may try that. That sounds like what Hank's kit was but he had a nice plexi mounting plate included.

No need for any mounting plate. Unscrew and remove the bulb holders; plug in the LED strips to the sockets, tape each end of the strip across the insert opening. Done.

#10229 7 years ago

So the reason I would have a ball stick to the sparky magnet was because one of the pinball became seriously magnetized. It wasn't a big deal because during multiball the incoming balls would just knock it loose. Well today I had slow rolled a ball up to the captured ball and it stuck to it. So now after only having it a month I need to get new pinballs. Pinballife seems to be the go to place but I have yet to find any in-stock. Do where do you recommend me getting new pinballs that won't get magnetized so soon?

#10230 7 years ago

Just finished up a batch of guitar pick lights so you can see the lit rollover lane lights blocked by the Pingraffix Snake mod.

The spiders match the playfield graphics but all look nice. If you like the googly eyes on your translight, there's one for you.

http://www.wanderwheels.com/pinside/pick_lights/rolloverGif1.gif
http://www.wanderwheels.com/pinside/pick_lights/rolloverSpiderGif.gif

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “The Snake Mod² The problem: Pingraffix Snake mod (2D or 3D) blocks the view of the upper rollover lane lights. The solution: Dirty Donny Guitar pick lights above the rollover la...”
2017-04-27
Tucson, AZ
30 (Firm)
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 233 times

WED_5559 (resized).JPGWED_5559 (resized).JPG

WED_5555 (resized).JPGWED_5555 (resized).JPG

WED_5513 (resized).JPGWED_5513 (resized).JPG

WED_5570 (resized).JPGWED_5570 (resized).JPG

#10231 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

So the reason I would have a ball stick to the sparky magnet was because one of the pinball became seriously magnetized. It wasn't a big deal because during multiball the incoming balls would just knock it loose. Well today I had slow rolled a ball up to the captured ball and it stuck to it. So now after only having it a month I need to get new pinballs. Pinballife seems to be the go to place but I have yet to find any in-stock. Do where do you recommend me getting new pinballs that won't get magnetized so soon?

Oooh shiiny from PBL. They have been out of stock. I havent checked recently though.

#10232 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Oooh shiiny from PBL. They have been out of stock. I havent checked recently though.

I cant figure out where to buy pinballs, seems to be a tightly held secret!!!

#10233 7 years ago

Marco and Cointaker both sell pinballs but they don't have the info if they are ok for games with a magnet.

#10234 7 years ago

Began painting my Sparky tonight.

#10235 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Began painting my Sparky tonight.

Your magnet core is pretty high.... and u sld get the extended sparky protector.

#10237 7 years ago

Those happy face skull beads for kids bracelets don't belong on a pinball neither! Just saying!

#10238 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Your magnet core is pretty high.... and u sld get the extended sparky protector.

I thought the same thing. There's an IJ4 on route with a magnet that kind of looks like that, but the playfield has actually sunk around the magnet core about about 1/8 inch. It was bad enough the ball would get stuck in the divot!

Rob

#10239 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It does look like it in the pic, but running my finger over it and it's just barely higher. Should it be totally flush? Seems like the magnet in Xmen was the same too.

What does the extended Sparky protector do?

#10240 7 years ago

Yup. No need to take him out. I'm using paint pens, so no worry about making a mess either.

#10241 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yup. No need to take him out. I'm using paint pens, so no worry about making a mess either.

say it ain't so ... I can't look

#10242 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Seems like the magnet in Xmen was the same too.

i've seen an X-men were the entire wolverine magnet pf area is concaved because the magnet was too high, which then mushroomed down the entire playfield surrounding it.

#10243 7 years ago

Ok, so everyone concerned with the magnet, please send photos of yours.

#10244 7 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

say it ain't so ... I can't look

So don't. God damn.

#10245 7 years ago

Magnet seems pretty flush with the playfield to me. I can move the end of the pencil back and forth across the magnet without it catching the edge. I think the one photo made it appeared higher than it is due to the angle.

Please correct me if it still appears to high.

20170317_102456 (resized).jpg20170317_102456 (resized).jpg

20170317_102528 (resized).jpg20170317_102528 (resized).jpg

20170317_102435 (resized).jpg20170317_102435 (resized).jpg

20170317_102344 (resized).jpg20170317_102344 (resized).jpg

20170317_102533 (resized).jpg20170317_102533 (resized).jpg

#10246 7 years ago

The pencil isn't doing you any favors, it's far from flat. The magnet still looks a bit high from the pictures, but that is better than low. If you aren't having any issues then you can probably leave it, might just have some quicker wear on the magnet core which is easy to change out when needed.

#10247 7 years ago

Agree, magnet is a little high, but if it's not causing any problems just play on.

#10248 7 years ago

The pencil isn't doing you any favors, it's far from flat.

Not looking for it do any favors, just trying to accurately show the magnet and if it's too high then I want to fix it. I'm not having any issues at all, so will leave it alone for now and keep an eye on it though.

#10249 7 years ago

I'm just bustin' your balls POMC..your machine..u do what U like man!! kinda wish i as high as that magnet ! haha

#10250 7 years ago

if the magent is slightly higher, the ball impacts will mushroom it down into the playfield. this picture doesn't do justice showing the depression of the surrounding pf around the magent core, but it is laughable in person.

xmen (resized).jpgxmen (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/205 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.