Topic Stats

• 18,070 posts
  • 1,011 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 374 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,138 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

19435A4D-8C40-47A5-AEEF-A995524F2543 (resized).jpeg
20201014_145056 (resized).jpg
20170129_124250 (resized).jpg
20200301_154622 (resized).jpg
IMG_1667 (resized).jpg
IMG_1665 (resized).jpg
IMG_1669 (resized).jpg
7BD89712-53E9-47B3-AC5A-CAE1B850DCC7 (resized).jpeg
3C59F7CD-D0F7-4865-86A7-4F71C0234AAD (resized).jpeg
F583F52B-566B-43A8-88B6-CB947B60CD43 (resized).jpeg
5977A66D-0A01-4078-AB28-EB77583A080E (resized).jpeg
9FE87E7A-8BC1-456B-8333-B0CBABECDE8F (resized).jpeg
BADA4CC5-4A70-4913-A723-55C43DA74DC3 (resized).jpeg
met premium (resized).jpg
D8EC7AA4-7BE9-482E-906E-A00B11FA089B (resized).jpeg
1E347166-DADA-45F1-A6F1-590F62DF950D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18070 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 362.
#10151 3 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

I have been noticing that after the Sparky magnet catches a ball and holds it that sometimes the ball sticks after the magnet is released. It doesn't happen everytime and when it does it just takes a shake or another ball hitting it to knock it loose. Could one of the balls have become magnetized? Also I tried... Alone....to install those Blade graphics. One went on pretty good the other I made a total disaster with. I just have a pro so I don't have those fancy table legs and I couldn't find a good position for the playfield to get a good alignment on those. I will remove and try again and this time with help.

Are you sure that your magnet is level or ever so slightly raised so it's not allowing a stationary ball to get trapped at the edge of the hole?

#10152 3 years ago

It only just started doing this and it doesn't do it everytime. The mylar disk is feeling pretty rough so I will swap it out to see if it helps.

#10153 3 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

I have been noticing that after the Sparky magnet catches a ball and holds it that sometimes the ball sticks after the magnet is released. It doesn't happen everytime and when it does it just takes a shake or another ball hitting it to knock it loose. Could one of the balls have become magnetized? Also I tried... Alone....to install those Blade graphics. One went on pretty good the other I made a total disaster with. I just have a pro so I don't have those fancy table legs and I couldn't find a good position for the playfield to get a good alignment on those. I will remove and try again and this time with help.

First thing to check is to see if the magnet is just slightly lower than the PF. If their is a minor lip there it can hold the ball. If that is not the case then it is possible the balls are magnetized. Easy way to tell is to take them out and see if they stick to each other on a table.

Quoted from PoMC:

I thought I was going to have an original coffin mod when I order these:
amazon.com link »
I planned on using the plain wood one on the right and wiring it to the coffin lock insert so it glowed.
Then while looking to see what side art blades are available, I found Modfather sells the same coffin, just not lit up.
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/metallica/products/metallica-coffin

Nice find and shame on the mark-up on that piece. If you put time and money into developing something then I'm OK with it but if you are just reselling someone else's product a 600% mark-up is a bit much.

#10154 3 years ago

What's the latest pricing on NIB Met Pro's? Have someone looking to purchase one.

#10155 3 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

What's the latest pricing on NIB Met Pro's? Have someone looking to purchase one.

call coin taker or nitro!

#10156 3 years ago

Next question. On a pro model is the cemetery cross supposed to move up and down? I haven't seen mine move yet.

#10157 3 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

I second this question but also wonder what these are going for gently used. I am interested in picking up a Pro. Don't see alot in the market place or on CL. Is low $4000's about right? Let me know if anyone in the club near Denver is looking to sell.

#10158 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Next question. On a pro model is the cemetery cross supposed to move up and down? I haven't seen mine move yet.

It doesn't move on the pro, that feature is only on the prem/le

#10159 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I second this question but also wonder what these are going for gently used. I am interested in picking up a Pro. Don't see alot in the market place or on CL. Is low $4000's about right? Let me know if anyone in the club near Denver is looking to sell.

I know for some reason it's taboo to give an honest price on how much you paid for something here on Pinside but don't care. I paid $4500 for mine. Local owner, HUO, low plays, Shaker, full led's (Pre Led model) Mirror blades, Chrome pop caps, under cab lighting, Green plastic Apron, snake fangs and FF sub woofer.

#10160 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I know for some reason it's taboo to give an honest price on how much you paid for something here on Pinside but don't care. I paid $4500 for mine. Local owner, HUO, low plays, Shaker, full led's (Pre Led model) Mirror blades, Chrome pop caps, under cab lighting, Green plastic Apron, snake fangs and FF sub woofer.

That's a great deal, you stole it basically. Someone took a big hit at that price. These have been going for around 4800-5200 depending on mods, assuming nice game.

#10161 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That's a great deal, you stole it basically. Someone took a big hit at that price. These have been going for around 4800-5200 depending on mods, assuming nice game.

Game is pretty mint. No ghosting, or chipping of clear. Cab is nice with no scratches and I forgot to mention full Purple powder coated armor. I did buy this last year so that might be why the better price.

#10162 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Game is pretty mint. No ghosting, or chipping of clear. Cab is nice with no scratches and I forgot to mention full Purple powder coated armor. I did buy this last year so that might be why the better price.

Yeah with all those upgrades and the armor, assuming the game was in great shape. I'd think you could have paid 500 more. Good deal!

#10163 3 years ago

Well, here's the coffins I got cheap, same one the Modfather site sells is included in the 3 pack. I don't think I'm going to use it because the scale of it is smaller than I'd hoped. The captive balls look better alone than with this coffin on top. It's also solid resin so I won't be able to light it from the inside. I had planned a use for one of the other coffins for TFTC, so was just going to be a bonus if I used one on Metallica.

20170308_150530 (resized).jpg

20170308_150554 (resized).jpg

20170308_172407 (resized).jpg

20170308_150558 (resized).jpg

#10164 3 years ago

Ok, a little bit of thinking and I made this coffin into a keeper in 30 minutes.

20170308_180941 (resized).jpg

20170308_181104 (resized).jpg

20170308_181119 (resized).jpg

20170308_181153 (resized).jpg

20170308_181112 (resized).jpg

20170308_181159 (resized).jpg

20170308_181217 (resized).jpg

#10165 3 years ago

New Met prem owner here. I have some simple questions which have likely been covered before but it can be hard to find info in such a long thread even with the great search feature.

My second drop target doesn't drop ~50% of the time from a powerful shot from the right flipper. It drops ~100% of the time from a softer backhand from the left flipper. What does this suggest? Are my drops slightly misaligned? Would just loosing the screws holding the mech, slightly adjusting and screwing it back in fix the problem? The first and third targets work great.

A hard shot to the right ramp registers ~100% of the time. A soft shot which barely makes it up the ramp only registers ~10% of the time. There is no entrance switch on this ramp so the game doesn't "know" it is a soft shot. My problem is just the ball isn't hitting the gate with enough force to activate the switch right? So is the fix just adjusting the switch arm a bit?

#10166 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ok, a little bit of thinking and I made this coffin into a keeper in 30 minutes.

Are the skulls you're using from a bracelet or necklace? Where are they available?

#10167 3 years ago

So....since I totally screwed up the installation of the graveyard Blade stickers and will have to replace them I figured I would ask opinions on which ones look good. I have only found three types so far...the flames from tiltgraphics....the graveyard and the mirrored ones. I do have the ride the lightning MOD installed.

IMAG0171 (resized).jpg

#10168 3 years ago

I have also seen the EQ style pinblades for Metallica

#10169 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Nicely done!

I think it might look good also, even with just the original coffin, if you had it lying flat like the original pic, but at a bit of angle, just slightly elevated off of the plastic about 25deg or so. And of course, you could make it so that it starts almost totally flat and then elevates to vertical when coffin multiball starts...

...might be another job for timebandit !

#10170 3 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

So....since I totally screwed up the installation of the graveyard Blade stickers and will have to replace them.

Can you alaberat on how you screwed them up. I just put the lighting rods on mine and have the mirror blades. I can personally say the two don't go together very well. It pretty blinding with the reflection off the mirrors. Anyway want to install the graveyard blades and don't want to mess them up.

#10171 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Are the skulls you're using from a bracelet or necklace? Where are they available?

I bought a bag of them from the flea market a few years ago when I made the skull pile mod for TFTC. I still have some skulls left over and I used three of those. I've seen them for very cheap online buying from China too. They are craft skulls used for jewelry just like you said and you can find on Amazon and eBay, but much cheaper overseas if you need larger quantities.

#10172 3 years ago

I wasn't very bright and thought I could install them by myself with the playfield in the up position. I was wrong. I ended up making a mess of it because the field was in the way. Oh well lesson learned. You can see it in the pic on the right side.

#10173 3 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

I wasn't very bright and thought I could install them by myself with the playfield in the up position. I was wrong. I ended up making a mess of it because the field was in the way. Oh well lesson learned. You can see it in the pic on the right side.

You should be able to lift it back up and smooth it out. I install the decals with the playfield up too, but I leave the backing on and remove it as I apply the decal. So have maybe the first few inches of the backing peeled back and then I slide the decal between the playfield and side. Now line up the end of the decal (I work from rear of the cabinet to front) and apply it at the rear of the cabinet and you can slide the backing off and apply as you move towards the front. No wrinkles or worries.

#10174 3 years ago

That's what I attempted to do. It worked on the left side but it took a bad turn when I did the right side. I will take a shot at fixing it eventually.

#10175 3 years ago

Mirrors with the graveyard look the best IMO. With the added UV lights it much better.

The rough finish vinyl is also the better look. Some of the are a smooth vinyl.
My first set was sent and was a smooth finish. The mirrors where damaged in shipping and my replacement set was a rough finish and a better overall look and feel. I asked Joe about this and was never given a real reason why the first set was not printed on the proper material. I would have never known had I not been set another set. So if you order some I would request and make sure you get the proper print.

#10176 3 years ago

Didn't see this here yet, check out these totally sick looking custom sculpted and painted replacement hammers for MET Premium/LE from spinny-vinny: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-hammer-mod#post-3642218

#10177 3 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

I went with the grave yard side blades. I just thought they worked better with the colors. They really are easy to screw up. There are some good instructional videos on YouTube. Spraying the backs of the blades with soapy water make a huge difference. But my wife is the one who is good at installing the side blades on my pins. I merely sit back and assist.

#10178 3 years ago

My girlfriend really gave me a hard time for attempting to install it without her. She said next time she will show me how it's done.

#10179 3 years ago

I enjoy searching around and thinking of mod ideas for Metallica - such a great pin for cool band related cosmetic mods. Was thinking of doing something with one of the many cool belt buckles available, like this one for $9:

ebay.com link » Vintage Metallica Symbol Rock Music Belt Buckle Casual Style 3 8 4cm Strap Hot

But then I just saw that Hooked on Pinball sells the same belt buckle for $40. That's a quite a markup on a cheap Chinese belt buckle.

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p12/Metallica_billboard.html

#10180 3 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

New Met prem owner here. I have some simple questions which have likely been covered before but it can be hard to find info in such a long thread even with the great search feature.
My second drop target doesn't drop ~50% of the time from a powerful shot from the right flipper. It drops ~100% of the time from a softer backhand from the left flipper. What does this suggest? Are my drops slightly misaligned? Would just loosing the screws holding the mech, slightly adjusting and screwing it back in fix the problem? The first and third targets work great.
A hard shot to the right ramp registers ~100% of the time. A soft shot which barely makes it up the ramp only registers ~10% of the time. There is no entrance switch on this ramp so the game doesn't "know" it is a soft shot. My problem is just the ball isn't hitting the gate with enough force to activate the switch right? So is the fix just adjusting the switch arm a bit?

I've noticed my left ramp does not always register. Very rare, though.

For the drop target, it sounds like a common issue with Sterns. Had it happen on my ST where hard hits rarely registered. Fix is to shorten the spring about 1/4 or so. Just pull the spring out and attach on one of the coils making the spring tighter. After doing that, the drop target works like 99% of the time for many, many plays after.

#10181 3 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

That's what I attempted to do. It worked on the left side but it took a bad turn when I did the right side. I will take a shot at fixing it eventually.

Yeah man they sure are easy to screw up for sure!! I was SUPER nervous about doing them myself as well but i used the windex method. You then can just literally slide them around to where you want them and work out wrinkles at your leisure. I highly recommend that method. That was my first set I've ever done and I was terrified lol. After you get them where you want them just slowly work the liquid out with a towel or something. Once the windex dries/evaporates the sticker isn't going anywhere.

#10182 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I enjoy searching around and thinking of mod ideas for Metallica - such a great pin for cool band related cosmetic mods. Was thinking of doing something with one of the many cool belt buckles available, like this one for $9:
ebay.com link » Vintage Metallica Symbol Rock Music Belt Buckle Casual Style 3 8 4cm Strap Hot
But then I just saw that Hooked on Pinball sells the same belt buckle for $40. That's a quite a markup on a cheap Chinese belt buckle.
http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p12/Metallica_billboard.html

Yeah, sadly there are a number of 'mod' shops that aren't above putting a ridiculous markup on readily available items, ala that Modfather coffin post earlier. It pays to look for stuff on ebay and amazon for sure, if you're at all handy.

It's one thing to produce something truly unique and creative for the pinball community, which I heartily applaud, but if you're just re-packaging something and marking it up 24X your cost well, I guess there's a sucker born every minute...

#10183 3 years ago

Lots of people commenting on ridiculous markups by the Mod guys. Well you do realize all retailers work with this model right? There is a reason stores can offer 50% off sales all the time and still make money. Most small businesses and retailers don't make money the way WalMart does (low margins based upon insane volumes of sale).

If you can find this stuff from the cheaper source - then buy there. If you aren't being a responsible consumer by doing your research then you aren't as much a sucker as just a poorly informed and lazy consumer - let's face it that is to a large extent what makes capitalism work (lazy consumers).

#10184 3 years ago

Question. Where can I buy this coffen insert skull mod?
I seen it today on location for the first time and want to put it on my game.

IMG_2126 (resized).PNG

#10185 3 years ago

I think I found it here at pinball pro.com

IMG_2128 (resized).PNG

#10186 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-pinbology/00566-metallica-coffin-mod

#10187 3 years ago

Perfect. Thanks

#10188 3 years ago

I have that skull MOD on my coffen and it looks great. It's only $5 and it really makes a nice difference. I had to trim it a bit to get it to fit bit but it's a super easy install.

#10189 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I make these. Message me or buy it through the pinside shops.

#10190 3 years ago

Further proof that any translite can be improved with googly eyes

20170311_171318 (resized).jpg

#10191 3 years ago

I'm brand new to the club have a met Pro running version 1.6 is there any reason I shouldn't upgrade to 1.7 code???

#10192 3 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

I'm brand new to the club have a met Pro running version 1.6 is there any reason I shouldn't upgrade to 1.7 code???

Why not, it's free. And most likely a more polished code.

#10193 3 years ago

I got mine a few weeks ago and updating from 1.6 to 1.7 was the first thing I did.

#10194 3 years ago

......and you have to be on 1.7 for Color DMD code. Simply the BEST mod for this game!!

#10195 3 years ago

Now that ColorDmd has screens back in stock I'm really torn between the LCD or the LED. Other than videos and pics I have never seen one in person. I know everyone says it comes down to personal preference but in the end which one is better for this game?

#10196 3 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

I know everyone says it comes down to personal preference but in the end which one is better for this game?

Lol, how is anybody supposed to answer that other than with their personal preference? My personal preference is LCD.

#10197 3 years ago

I was looking for insight into why one is better then the other for Met. Maybe something might sway me towards one or the other.

#10198 3 years ago

You really need to look at both in person to see the difference. One big reason I chose the LCD is the additional display options (hirez, etc.). The LED display looks really nice and bright, but you are locked into dots.

#10199 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Further proof that any translite can be improved with googly eyes

I apologize in advance, but these type of "mods" just make cringe. Like the guy I purchased my classic Stern Seawitch from, who decided it would be a great idea to permanently glue cheap plastic gemstones all over the original apron/plastics to "enhance the game's look". What a horrible idea that was. So were the "photographs of friends" he put in place of the instruction cards, where the masking tape degraded & destroyed the original screen printing on the apron.

Just because you can throw something unique on your pin, doesn't mean you should. I know there are multiple threads dedicated to modding etiquette, but some people just like to go crazy. Hey it's their game, so knock yourself out. I'm in the camp of adding standard mods that are universally popular with the community (lighting, pinblades, protectors, etc), that add to the game & don't clutter up the playfield with garbage/clutter. But if you're planning on selling someday, just remember the next guy might not be into those unusual mods as much as you are. To each their own I guess.

#10200 3 years ago

Just got mine a couple of weeks ago! Better scores and a color DMD "Coming Soon"

20170313_140127 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Perth, WA
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 18070 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 362.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside