IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 433.
#10001 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Looking forward to seeing the pics of it installed. How's the print quality? The image look hi-res or is there any pixelation?

Looks nice actually! I will post some pics when I install it. Are you removing the original?

#10002 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Looks nice actually! I will post some pics when I install it. Are you removing the original?

Not sure what the best course of action would be. I'll probably install over the original with the thought that if for some reason I wanted to removed the new one down the road, then possibly the original could be cleaned up of adhesive and still be fine. Remove it and then there's no chance of that.

#10003 7 years ago

I made a custom song to replace One, which is a pretty long track at over 7 minutes. This is the best slot if you want to create a mix since it's so long. I blended Fight Fire with Fire, into Trapped under Ice, into All Justice for all. The end is the key because the code uses the last part of this track during Lady Justice mode. I think it's important to have the correct songs playing during dedicated modes, which is why I would never think about replacing songs like Fade to Black, For whom the bell tolls, etc.

#10004 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone have this speaker panel decal? Not sure I like the look of "skittles" speaker panel. Any other options available?
ebay.com link » Stern Metallica Kiss Pinball Speaker Grill Amp Decal Mod Rock N Roll Baby

To me, the "skittles" speaker panel looks just like the cab and head artwork and fits the art package perfectly. I understand people have different tastes and see things from a different perspective, but the speaker panel is something you feel needs to be changed?

#10005 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

but the speaker panel is something you feel needs to be changed?

Not until I saw the amp speaker panel.

The stock panel is totally fine, but I think the amp does look really cool. I also have the Mezelmod amps installed in each corner of the playfield and I think the amp panel would pull it all together.

#10006 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I made a custom song to replace One, which is a pretty long track at over 7 minutes. This is the best slot if you want to create a mix since it's so long. I blended Fight Fire with Fire, into Trapped under Ice, into All Justice for all. The end is the key because the code uses the last part of this track during Lady Justice mode. I think it's important to have the correct songs playing during dedicated modes, which is why I would never think about replacing songs like Fade to Black, For whom the bell tolls, etc.

I'd like to try that out if you can PM a link of the song file for me. I just got my license for Pinball Browser today and am starting to dive in with preparing songs to import. This could at least give me a ready to go song to try, especially since "One" is on my replacement list, but I do want to keep the Lady Justice mode as is.

#10007 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Have you and I talked in the past about the end of "And Justice for All" running during Lady Justice mode? I have done the same thing with "My Apocalypse" playing at the beginning and the end of AJFA playing at the end for Lady Justice. The way AJFA starts to wind down as the mode is ending seems perfect to me.

Edit: Looking through my Pinside mail, it looks like we did talk about Pinball Browser about a year ago.

#10008 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'd like to try that out if you can PM a link of the song file for me. I just got my license for Pinball Browser today and am starting to dive in with preparing songs to import. This could at least give me a ready to go song to try, especially since "One" is on my replacement list, but I do want to keep the Lady Justice mode as is.

You won't be able to leave Lady Justice mode as is if you replace "One." Whatever song you use to replace "One" will play during Lady Justice mode starting around the (edit: see below) mark of your new song.

Edit: I checked my song file, and Lady Justice starts around the 4:58 mark.

#10009 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You won't be able to leave Lady Justice mode as is if you replace "One." Whatever song you use to replace "One" will play during Lady Justice mode starting around the 4:30 mark of your new song.

Ahh right, I just learned that but forgot already. haha

But I did not know at what time the music for Lady Justice starts, so that's good info.

#10010 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ahh right, I just learned that but forgot already. haha
But I did not know at what time the music for Lady Justice starts, so that's good info.

4:30 is a round-about guess.

Edit: 4:58 is the accurate mark where Lady Justice starts

#10011 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Have you and I talked in the past about the end of "And Justice for All" running during Lady Justice mode?

Yes you gave me the idea Usually a lot going on when Lady Justice starts, so it's nice to hear And Justice for All playing. I set it to the guitar solo section, it's perfect.

I'm not sure of the exact start time though, I had to test the code out a few times before I got it perfect.

#10012 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You won't be able to leave Lady Justice mode as is if you replace "One." Whatever song you use to replace "One" will play during Lady Justice mode starting around the 4:30 mark of your new song.

What if you have 2 songs in the ONE slot? Will the lady justice mode still play at the 4:30 mark? Can you have lady justice use the beginning or any other part of the song (cut or edit the song so to the best part of the song you like and have that part play lady justice) you use in the ONE song slot?

#10013 7 years ago

Hi all. Hope someone can help!

Just got the powerbladez. Left side, no problem, fits like a glove. One on the right however is a little long and extends over the washer that serves as a ground for the flipper button. Is this going to be a problem (Pics attached, showing it touch the end by the head,, and the existing over lap onto the washer).

Secondly, I didn't receive instructions for the speaker panel. Just looked at Pingraffix' website, no instructions there either. Can someone tell me where I plug this molex into? Also, for the pins that plug into the blade itself, do they have to be a certain way? I.E. where should the red wire be?

Thanks so much in advance.

At tip (resized).JPGAt tip (resized).JPG

blade touching (resized).JPGblade touching (resized).JPG

#10014 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What if you have 2 songs in the ONE slot? Will the lady justice mode still play at the 4:30 mark? Can you have lady justice use the beginning or any other part of the song (cut or edit the song so to the best part of the song you like and have that part play lady justice) you use in the ONE song slot?

I sent you another PM explaining in more detail.

Lady Justice will always play the last two minutes of whatever you have in the "One" song slot. You can edit anything you want for those final two minutes (I'm estimating on the time; [edit] the actual time is 4:58 into the "One" song slot) You have to create that file with your edits before you import into Pinball Browser.

#10015 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Lady Justice will always play the last two minutes of whatever you have in the "One" song slot. You can edit anything you want for those final two minutes (I'm estimating on the time; I mentioned 4:30 earlier, which is also an estimate). You have to create that file with your edits before you import into Pinball Browser.

What songs can safely be replaced that are not used in modes? I just want to add shortest straw and probably 2 others.

#10016 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

What songs can safely be replaced that are not used in modes? I just want to add shortest straw and probably 2 others.

I would consider the songs that are "untouchable" to be songs that have animation and call-outs related to the song. Those songs and modes would be the following:

The four CIU modes: For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, Battery, and Enter Sandman.
Fuel mode
Blackened mode
Seek and Destroy mode
Graveyard Multiball (Master of Puppets)
End of the Line wizard mode.

That's nine songs, in my opinion, that I would not change if you're concerned about animations and call-outs that match up to the song. The other four, in my opinion, can be changed without any glaring problems:

One
Sad But True
Creeping Death
Unforgiven

Shortest Straw is the perfect length for Unforgiven.

#10017 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I would consider the songs that are "untouchable" to be songs that have animation and call-outs related to the song. Those songs and modes would be the following:
The four CIU modes: For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, Battery, and Enter Sandman.
Fuel mode
Blackened mode
Seek and Destroy mode
Graveyard Multiball (Master of Puppets)
End of the Line wizard mode.
That's nine songs, in my opinion, that I would not change if you're concerned about animations and call-outs that match up to the song. The other four, in my opinion, can be changed without any glaring problems:
One
Sad But True
Creeping Death
Unforgiven
Shortest Straw is the perfect length for Unforgiven.

Thanks! What about "One". You were also saying it plays the last 2 minutes in a mode?

#10018 7 years ago

Here's my first attempt at using Pinball Browser and the updated ROM is installing right now. I also realized I don't have the complete Metallica discography, not by a long shot because I use a few greatest hits albums and a few full albums on my jukebox. So I have all the albums I'm missing downloading now and that will give me lots more to work with.

Fade to Black - Replaced with Hardwired and Holier Than Though

For Whom the Bell Tolls - Replaced with Ain't My Bitch

One - Replaced with Trapped Under Ice and Whiplash (great stuff at 4:30, but I'll soon see how it plays during Lady Liberty)

Unforgiven - Replaced with Atlas Rise

#10019 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Thanks! What about "One". You were also saying it plays the last 2 minutes in a mode?

When you complete the spelling of "Metallica" with ramp shots, Lady Justice mode starts. This mode will begin by playing "One" at around the 4:30 mark. I believe the time slot for "One" is a little over 7 minutes. You can create a file that plays something for the first 4:30, and then blend it with something else for the remainder. What you have for the remainder is what will play during Lady Justice.

Disclaimer: I keep mentioning 4:30 [edit 4:58], but I'm just using that as an example. I'd have to see if I posted the actual time or if I have it written down at home. I'll go back and edit those posts for posterity if I find it. [edit] The actual time is the 4:58 mark. I've edited the other posts the best I could.

As HoakyPoaky and I mentioned above, putting the guitar solo from "And Justice for All" sounds great during Lady Justice. If I get a chance, I'll take the glass off and start Lady Justice and video it to show you all as an example.

#10020 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Lady Justice will always play the last two minutes of whatever you have in the "One" song slot. You can edit anything you want for those final two minutes (I'm estimating on the time; I mentioned 4:30 earlier, which is also an estimate). You have to create that file with your edits before you import into Pinball Browser.

Yes thank you Sparky! You have been extremely helpful

#10021 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Here's my first attempt at using Pinball Browser and the updated ROM is installing right now. I also realized I don't have the complete Metallica discography, not by a long shot because I use a few greatest hits albums and a few full albums on my jukebox. So I have all the albums I'm missing downloading now and that will give me lots more to work with.
Fade to Black - Replaced with Hardwired and Holier Than Though
For Whom the Bell Tolls - Replaced with Ain't My Bitch
One - Replaced with Trapped Under Ice and Whiplash (great stuff at 4:30, but I'll soon see how it plays during Lady Liberty)
Unforgiven - Replaced with Atlas Rise

When it finishes updating, your game might say "Failed Error 8" or something like that. That is normal. Remove the USB stick, reset the dip switch, and power cycle the game. Your changes should be there.

#10022 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Just got the powerbladez. Left side, no problem, fits like a glove. One on the right however is a little long and extends over the washer that serves as a ground for the flipper button. Is this going to be a problem (Pics attached, showing it touch the end by the head,, and the existing over lap onto the washer.

I just cut the overlapped parts off with a razor to prevent it from ever peeling or lifting! Not sure if it was necessary tho!

#10023 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Just got the powerbladez. Left side, no problem, fits like a glove. One on the right however is a little long and extends over the washer that serves as a ground for the flipper button. Is this going to be a problem (Pics attached, showing it touch the end by the head,, and the existing over lap onto the washer).
Secondly, I didn't receive instructions for the speaker panel. Just looked at Pingraffix' website, no instructions there either. Can someone tell me where I plug this molex into? Also, for the pins that plug into the blade itself, do they have to be a certain way? I.E. where should the red wire be?
Thanks so much in advance.</

The connectors on the end of the ribbon cable are keyed, they can only plug in one way, it does not matter which one you plug into, meaning 1st or 2nd
Here is a pic

IMG_0412 (resized).JPGIMG_0412 (resized).JPG

IMG_0414 (resized).JPGIMG_0414 (resized).JPG

IMG_0413 (resized).JPGIMG_0413 (resized).JPG

IMG_0415 (resized).JPGIMG_0415 (resized).JPG

#10024 7 years ago

The speaker grill has a very long ribbon cable
That should be installed through the head
Down to the base cabinet, run it on the right side of the base cabinet. The box can sit in the cabinet and then the plug gets attached to the connector right above the power box for the game as pictured

IMG_0416 (resized).JPGIMG_0416 (resized).JPG

IMG_0417 (resized).JPGIMG_0417 (resized).JPG

#10025 7 years ago

Here it is plugged in. You will notice the red light is on.

IMG_0418 (resized).JPGIMG_0418 (resized).JPG

IMG_0419 (resized).JPGIMG_0419 (resized).JPG

#10026 7 years ago

Here is the ribbon cable

IMG_0420 (resized).JPGIMG_0420 (resized).JPG

IMG_0421 (resized).JPGIMG_0421 (resized).JPG

IMG_0422 (resized).JPGIMG_0422 (resized).JPG

IMG_0423 (resized).JPGIMG_0423 (resized).JPG

IMG_0425 (resized).JPGIMG_0425 (resized).JPG

#10027 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Planning on doing the same. As I said before, this is my first Stern machine. Under the Playfield all the lights have this white plastic screwed to the playfield. Is this some type of different light? Never seen that before in any of my games. Most games just have the regular socket which you unscrew to install the led. Also, are Metallica GI lights 555's or 44's? Thanks guys!
Edit: I ask this because I'm a bit confused about some areas. For example, for the fuel gauge lights they sell these "gel inserts".....Why are these required? Why can't led's be installed instead of these Gel inserts?

I think you will find these two thread useful..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-improved-stern-metallica-pro-led-map-and-list
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-improved-stern-metallica-pro-rubber-chart

#10028 7 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Here is the ribbon cable

Thanks so much Cole. Very helpful.

Success with the speaker panel blade. No success with the cab panels though. I've tried every variation of hooking up with the harness, all to no avail. Here's how I hooked it up, anyone notice anything off? And yes, I ensured to turn the box on.

hook up (resized).JPGhook up (resized).JPG

#10029 7 years ago

Thank you!

The led map....I assume those are the factory colors? Thanks! VERY helpful map!

#10030 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Thanks so much Cole. Very helpful.
Success with the speaker panel blade. No success with the cab panels though. I've tried every variation of hooking up with the harness, all to no avail. Here's how I hooked it up, anyone notice anything off? And yes, I ensured to turn the box on.

Can you open the black cap and make sure there is a fuse, you have the harness hooked up the right way
I'm wondering if that harness shipped without the one amp fuse installed?

#10031 7 years ago

Binge listening to Metallica and I think Cyanide is replacing Unforgiven now.

Trapped Under Ice & Whiplash really works well together, especially Whiplash playing during Lady Liberty.

#10032 7 years ago

Anyone make a custom toppers for their Met?! Thinking of coming up with something..

#10033 7 years ago

Here's Lady Justice mode with "And Justice for All," which starts at the 4:58 mark of the song request:

#10034 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Anyone make a custom toppers for their Met?! Thinking of coming up with something..

What are you thinking

#10035 7 years ago

Something with these dragon skulls I've had forever..maybe drill out their eyes and wire some led's from the g.i. . I would like some flashers up behind there too, maybe other skulls or something around em to fill it in.?!?

1488339888586657694099 (resized).jpg1488339888586657694099 (resized).jpg

#10036 7 years ago

I also wanna hydro dip them skulls!!

#10037 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I also wanna hydro dip them skulls!!

Whatever you do, don't dip your junk in them. They look unforgiving.

#10038 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I did. I got one of the car window graphic eq's off ebay and mounted it on a piece of plex and because my ceiling is open I screwed it to a floor joist about an inch off the bb so I can pull the game out. It has a mic on the control box which I placed on the bb behind the eq and it picks up the game audio perfect there. Looks and works great and people love it. Ebay has different styles and sizes, I got a regular eq design, the big one so it actually extends about 2 inches over each side of the bb.

#10039 7 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Can you open the black cap and make sure there is a fuse, you have the harness hooked up the right way
I'm wondering if that harness shipped without the one amp fuse installed?

Did you check to see if the fuse was in there? Or is there some other problem?

#10040 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I did. I got one of the car window graphic eq's off ebay and mounted it on a piece of plex and because my ceiling is open I screwed it to a floor joist about an inch off the bb so I can pull the game out. It has a mic on the control box which I placed on the bb behind the eq and it picks up the game audio perfect there. Looks and works great and people love it. Ebay has different styles and sizes, I got a regular eq design, the big one so it actually extends about 2 inches over each side of the bb.

I'd love to see a pic Paul !! Aboot How much are the window graffics off ebay?! Thanks!

#10041 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Whatever you do, don't dip your junk in them. They look unforgiving.

Peter Griffin might argue the same thing about your avatar!

#10042 7 years ago

Major bummer tonight when I was swapping in my ColorDMD from The Shadow into Metallica. Apparently the mounting bracket holes have since been changed and I can't mount the ColorDMD.

I'm not buying another bracket for $30, especially since I just ordered and received the clear shield and mounting kit for the new backboxes.

Anyone run into this issue and have pics to show where the new holes should be drilled? Figured I'd ask before I go ahead and try and figure it out myself.

#10043 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Major bummer tonight when I was swapping in my ColorDMD from The Shadow into Metallica. Apparently the mounting bracket holes have since been changed and I can't mount the ColorDMD.
I'm not buying another bracket for $30, especially since I just ordered and received the clear shield and mounting kit for the new backboxes.
Anyone run into this issue and have pics to show where the new holes should be drilled? Figured I'd ask before I go ahead and try and figure it out myself.

III have a metal backbox new run monsters and fit mine in without any bracket. It was tight going in, but it's in and all good.

#10044 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

III have a metal backbox new run monsters and fit mine in without any bracket. It was tight going in, but it's in and all good.

The ColorDMD is mounted to a silver metal mounting plate (bracket not the right word). This is an older Sigma 1.3 ColorDMD and the holes in the plate have changed and are shipped with the newer versions.

#10045 7 years ago

I was able to use a older color dmd on my met pro led....

#10046 7 years ago

On a positive Pinball Browser note....this is fun as heck listening to Metallica songs and coming up with replacement ideas.

My wife loves the Last Caress\Green Hell cover, but of course it's tricky to find shorter Metallica songs. We both wanted Unforgiven replaced and I liked Cyanide there. But my wife so far doesn't like the song.

So with Unforgiven's 6:26 to work with, this is what I came up with. Last Caress/Green Hell (3:12 after cutting out the Run to the Hills ending) and Too Late Too Late (3:12). That leaves only 2 seconds of empty space at the end, which is no big deal at all.

Fade to Black replaced with Hardwire & Holier Than Thou is a perfect fit and is a great pinball track.

For Whom the Bell Tolls replaced with Ain't My Bitch is also a great replacement. My wife said that she doesn't like the new Metallica songs. I said, this song is 20 years old! hahaha I told her she can't live off the first four Metallica albums.

One replaced with Trapped Under Ice & Whiplash is still holding up, especially with Whiplash playing during Lady Liberty because it really makes that mode a frenzy.

#10047 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I was able to use a older color dmd on my met pro led....

These holes don't line up. You have a newer mounting bracket.

#10048 7 years ago

Hey, if I could mount an LCD version in Tommy then anything is possible!

#10049 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey, if I could mount an LCD version in Tommy then anything is possible!

Yeah, it's no huge deal because I can drill the holes needed. I just thought this was going to be a quick swap until I couldn't get the ColorDMD to mount and line up with the bolts. A little more research and I find the mounting plate has since been revised. I'm not paying $30 plus shipping when I can drill two holes.

#10050 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

These holes don't line up. You have a newer mounting bracket.

Same version u mentioned actually. I remember it was a tight fit and i had to use some standoffs also i believe.. I had to adjust the vertical adjust on the screen also. Who knows tho lol.. just drill it out for it to work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.