IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 433.
#9951 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yup, all mine have subs too, but I think Metallica sounds the best out of any others.

Quoted from PoMC:

Yup, all mine have subs too, but I think Metallica sounds the best out of any others.

You don't own an iron man or Tron. Those would change your opinion.

Met is great, but Tron is a great soundtrack and I'm is all gun shots and explosions.

#9952 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

You don't own an iron man or Tron. Those would change your opinion.
Met is great, but Tron is a great soundtrack and I'm is all gun shots and explosions.

Aren't SPIKE games stereo? MET is mono. The quality on my KISS sounds a lot better than my MET (I have external subs on both).

#9953 7 years ago

I installed the metal post at the top today, much better. I had no roll backs. First game I played, broke 300 million. My game is set to 3 ball with a couple of fixed interval extra balls, rest is factory.

#9954 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I used coloured LEDs (my machine is the original pro non-led version)
Here's the pic of the rings standard and how to squeeze and remove.
Be gentle at first, as if you squeeze too hard you can break the tabs

Thanks!!! I assume I can also just unscrew the whole thing? Thanks again!

#9955 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You can, but it's not necessary. You'll also still likely need to separate the two even if unscrewed as they will be more inset.

#9956 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Aren't SPIKE games stereo? MET is mono. The quality on my KISS sounds a lot better than my MET (I have external subs on both).

Sub runs just bass tones, and adds rumble to the game. Stereo or mono won't make a difference in this case.

The stereo vs mono argument would be on upgraded speakers up top.

#9957 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

You can, but it's not necessary. You'll also still likely need to separate the two even if unscrewed as they will be more inset.

Great info! Are most of the GI 555? Need to place an order but would rather not undo each light to check...Thanks!

#9958 7 years ago

Dammit.....I was beyond excited to put in my order for my ColorDmd today only to find out that are out of stock. Bummer.

#9959 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Great info! Are most of the GI 555? Need to place an order but would rather not undo each light to check...Thanks!

I think they are all 555's.

#9960 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think they are all 555's.

Cool!

#9961 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I installed the metal post at the top today, much better. I had no roll backs. First game I played, broke 300 million. My game is set to 3 ball with a couple of fixed interval extra balls, rest is factory.

I read this as "My game is set to 5 balls".

#9962 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You can definitely change ones that are impossible to get to on the playfield because of ramps, etc by unscrewing the lil hex head screws from the bottom..but dont bother on the lil pinch plastics ones! Just be careful pinching em!

#9963 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I read this as "My game is set to 5 balls".

An extra ball at 20 mil and 150 mil for metallica is hardly the same as 5 ball. I doubt many people could score 300 mil on 5 ball. The lower interval is set for my kids to give them something to shoot for.

#9964 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

No need to undo anything. You can use the manual, or just look at them. Any squeeze sockets are wedge base and socket base looks totally different from underneath.

#9965 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Planning on doing the same. As I said before, this is my first Stern machine. Under the Playfield all the lights have this white plastic screwed to the playfield. Is this some type of different light? Never seen that before in any of my games. Most games just have the regular socket which you unscrew to install the led. Also, are Metallica GI lights 555's or 44's? Thanks guys!
Edit: I ask this because I'm a bit confused about some areas. For example, for the fuel gauge lights they sell these "gel inserts".....Why are these required? Why can't led's be installed instead of these Gel inserts?

The gel inserts are for the LE/Prem games that had the leds mounted to pcb's. No sockets.

#9966 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The gel inserts are for the LE/Prem games that had the leds mounted to pcb's. No sockets.

Great info! Thanks guys!

#9967 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Great info! Thanks guys!

Kornfreak there are a few 44/47 sockets in there but most are 555.. youll just have to count how many of each you need. If you look under the playfield you can tell.

555 have a black plastic socket.
44/47 are metal circular sockets.

#9968 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

An extra ball at 20 mil and 150 mil for metallica is hardly the same as 5 ball. I doubt many people could score 300 mil on 5 ball. The lower interval is set for my kids to give them something to shoot for.

haha..do u get an extra ball just for getting to 20 million? Or do you hit the mystery scoop for extra ball after its lit?

#9969 7 years ago

My Met Pro arrives in a a few weeks. Do I need the sparky protector? And if I do, where can I get one? Pinbits is sold out and I can't seem to find it anywhere else (in the US).

Thanks and.... happy to be joining the club in a few weeks.

#9970 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

My Met Pro arrives in a a few weeks. Do I need the sparky protector? And if I do, where can I get one? Pinbits is sold out and I can't seem to find it anywhere else (in the US).
Thanks and.... happy to be joining the club in a few weeks.

If you don't already have a plastic protector set, just get the whole set from pinbits which includes the sparky (I have the set with the green below and like it). If you already do, have you tried emailing them on just that piece?

#9971 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Kornfreak there are a few 44/47 sockets in there but most are 555.. youll just have to count how many of each you need. If you look under the playfield you can tell.
555 have a black plastic socket.
44/47 are metal circular sockets.

Thanks Rick!!! I really appreciate it!

#9972 7 years ago

So am I correct in assuming you can only replace songs and not add songs to the lineup?

#9973 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

So am I correct in assuming you can only replace songs and not add songs to the lineup?

Correct. You could, however, fit two 4 minute songs in an 8 minute song slot, for example, but you would only hear that second song after the first finishes.

#9974 7 years ago

Installed my first ColorDMD into a game yesterday. Of course it was for my MET. Went pretty smooth, instruction on their website could be updated a bit, but overall not too big of a problem. What a fantastic mod!!!!!

Anyone that hasn't done this yet, you are missing out. Can't believe I waited this long to do it.

#9975 7 years ago

Today I installed Timebandit's Total Lightshow GI Theatre and I borrowed the shaker from my project TFTC and installed it in Metallica. Lightshow installation took me from 9:30am or around 2:30, but I work from home so it wasn't straight hours. Just slow and steady because I feel the diagrams could be made clearer and I'd rather have written instructions instead of watching videos for each step along the way. But other than having to reverse a few red LEDs so they'd light, no problems at all. I performed the software code update just fine too.

I ordered the SAM cables for my ColorDMD and hope to be playing in color by the end of the week. I also donated to Pinball Browser and am waiting for my license key to start playing around with song changes.

Songs my wife and I would like changed:

One
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fade to Black
Sad But True
The Unforgiven

Songs we'd like swapped in for any of the above:

Whiplash
Trapped Under Ice
Dyers Eve
The Thing that should not be
Blitzkreig
Green Hell
Atlas Rise

#9976 7 years ago

The thing that should not be is underrated. Very good song off of MoP

#9977 7 years ago

I believe this game needs the following songs:

Shortest straw
Anesthesia (pulling teeth)
The four horsemen
Am I evil
Green Hell
Stone cold crazy

#9978 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Installed my first ColorDMD into a game yesterday. Of course it was for my MET. Went pretty smooth, instruction on their website could be updated a bit, but overall not too big of a problem. What a fantastic mod!!!!!
Anyone that hasn't done this yet, you are missing out. Can't believe I waited this long to do it.

What mode did you use for the colordmd? DOTSXL is popular.

Rob

#9979 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Shortest straw
The four horsemen
Am I evil
Green Hell
Stone cold crazy

Why do you want cover songs on a Metallica pinball machine? The last 3 on your list are covers, good versions but not original.

#9980 7 years ago

I tried changing the unforgiven to Dream no more, and it said i cant replace long files. Do i need to donate for it to work, or am i doing something wrong?

#9981 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I tried changing the unforgiven to Dream no more, and it said i cant replace long files. Do i need to donate for it to work, or am i doing something wrong?

Yes you need to donate if you want to import songs longer than 10 seconds.

#9983 7 years ago

Just installed the cemetery arch from Mezel Mods, looks fantastic, what a great addition to my game!

BTW, I never noticed there was no LED bulb on the left side of the cemetery, yet there are two bulbs on the right side? what's up with that?

20170227_211113 (resized).jpg20170227_211113 (resized).jpg

#9984 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Why do you want cover songs on a Metallica pinball machine? The last 3 on your list are covers, good versions but not original.

Because some of the songs that come with the game are horrible..original..but horrible

#9985 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Bread fan is one of the few covers worthy to be on there....Am I Evil fits well too

#9986 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What mode did you use for the colordmd? DOTSXL is popular

I'm a big fan of the dots, but my wife talked me into leaving it on HiRes......for now. I like it too, something different.

#9987 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Shortest straw
The four horsemen
Am I evil
Green Hell
Stone cold crazy

Id love to put Anesthesia and Whiplash together in an 8 minute time slot, if one exists. Looks like I need to donate and get pinbrowser.

#9988 7 years ago

I love Breadfan.... I would love to have Damage Inc. on there aswell. Next to Battery , which is my all time fave Metallica song, it's the song that most gets me fired up. When I played Pro Paintball it was always my pump up song.

#9989 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I just think some of the current songs don't fit the pinball theme well. The songs I listed are full of adrenaline perfect for pinball. I would like to get the pinball browser but honestly Sounds difficult to do and really don't want to F something up.

#9990 7 years ago

I have noticed that some of the plunges hit this area instead of going up the loop. Is this pretty normal or do I need to make some adjustments? Thanks!

IMG_9174 (resized).PNGIMG_9174 (resized).PNG

#9991 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Shortest straw
The four horsemen
Am I evil
Green Hell
Stone cold crazy

I have had three of those six songs installed since '13 (FH, AIE?, and SS). SS is a perfect replacement for Unforgiven.

#9992 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I have noticed that some of the plunges hit this area instead of going up the loop. Is this pretty normal or do I need to make some adjustments? Thanks!

I'm wondering this as well. If I do a full plunge the ball usually goes airborne and bounces around in the back right corner of the playfield. I did notice that the manual calls for a green plunger spring. Mine came with an orange spring installed which is stronger. I've ordered a few different tension springs and am going to see if they affect those airballs out of the shooter lane.

But on the other hand, the auto plunger has sent airballs out of the shooter lane as well....so who knows if my spring tension theory will help.

#9993 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just installed the cemetery arch from Mezel Mods, looks fantastic, what a great addition to my game!
BTW, I never noticed there was no LED bulb on the left side of the cemetery, yet there are two bulbs on the right side? what's up with that?

... looks like a pair of veiny "fun bags" you installed on top of the left ramp? Nice, but you should save those for Stern's 2018 Motley Crue

#9994 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have had three of those six songs installed since '13 (FH, AIE?, and SS). SS is a perfect replacement for Unforgiven.

Nice!!!!! I will PM you later today to inquire more on this subject. I would really LOVE to add at least those 3 songs

#9995 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I'm wondering this as well. If I do a full plunge the ball usually goes airborne and bounces around in the back right corner of the playfield. I did notice that the manual calls for a green plunger spring. Mine came with an orange spring installed which is stronger. I've ordered a few different tension springs and am going to see if they affect those airballs out of the shooter lane.
But on the other hand, the auto plunger has sent airballs out of the shooter lane as well....so who knows if my spring tension theory will help.

Mine has the red spring. I believe red is the strongest of them all. I had no idea green was supposed to be there instead of red. So anybody else having this issue? Do we need to change the spring?

#9996 7 years ago

I have had a bunch of air balls from launching. If you don't do it just right the ball jumps right off the ramp. I have had it happen when auto launching aswell. I would be curious about which spring works best.

#9997 7 years ago

Same issue with plunges here. I replaced the shooter rod since I had a new one and also replaced the orange spring with what appears to be a red one (only one I had on hand). This has improved the manual plunges, but still get some bad launches.

#9998 7 years ago

Anyone have this speaker panel decal? Not sure I like the look of "skittles" speaker panel. Any other options available?

ebay.com link: Stern METALLICA KISS Pinball Speaker Grill AMP Decal Mod ROCK n ROLL Baby

#9999 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone have this speaker panel decal? Not sure I like the look of "skittles" speaker panel. Any other options available?
ebay.com link » Stern Metallica Kiss Pinball Speaker Grill Amp Decal Mod Rock N Roll Baby

Try the "Metallica amp speaker mod" Looks really cool. I just got mine but haven't installed it yet. For those of you that have installed a speaker panel decal....Did you remove the original decal or did you install the decal mod over the original? Thanks!

#10000 7 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the pics of it installed. How's the print quality? The image look hi-res or is there any pixelation?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.